User Lists: 0

Avatar image for rootingforthebadguy
RootingForTheBadGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Constantine isn't so much a magic worker as he is a sociologist. He'll figure out real quick that Loki has plenty of issues and insecurities he can play on. And when he does, he'll have Loki right where he wants him. Constantine 8/10

Avatar image for unusual_suspect
Unusual_Suspect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Unusual_Suspect

The only question when it comes to beating Constantine (when he has access to outside help and his usual magical artifacts) is whether his opponent is genre-savvy enough to put a bullet in his head the moment the opportunity presents itself.

Is Loki savvy enough? I don't know, because I haven't read enough with Loki in it. I've read enough Constantine to know that if he isn't dealt with out-of-genre, he wins, regardless of the quantity or quality of power you wield. There's always a bigger fish (or a school of hungry smaller fish) that he can manipulate into confronting the big fish confronting him, and he is selfless enough to sacrifice his best friends in the process.

IF Loki is willing to kill, rather than play with, dangerous enemies... he's not going to lose. If the latter, I can't tell you exactly how, but Constantine WILL manipulate egotistical enemies into destroying themselves time and time again, and what little I've read and experienced concerning Loki suggests that he's got an ego to match his power. That's the worst possible thing when it comes to confronting Constantine.

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John "Deus Ex Machina" Constantine.

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is tricky, but my vote's on Johnnyboy because he defeated one of the Fallen, whereas Loki even with prep still couldn't defeat Thor!

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with loki, as hr doesn't even need to be in the same dimension as constatine to kill constatine.

We are talking about someone who record the destruction of the multiverse and saved asgard by taking away their stories.

Loki beats those who sits above in the shadow

Makes doorway outside of reality with a pen.

No matter the prep constatine may have, loki would counter it via clayvorance and his own story manipulation.

Avatar image for themultiversity
TheMultiversity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are both impressive with prep, though Constantine is built for it.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Constantine is on another level.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine wins and reduces Loki to his errand boy.

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Constantine is just too versatile, too intelligent, too tricky, too much reflections/ offensive/ defensive/ depletion knowledge on how to trap & kill Loki!!!! With prep time, he's going to summoned Spectre & use that Spirit to obliterate the entirety of Asgard alongside Marvel's multiverse Earths. There is just no stopping him with prep!

kid_high

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loki has super strenght one punch to the head and constantine's a goner.

JokerBat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JokerBat88

I'm gonna go with John on this one. He has outsmarted way more powerful people than Loki.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with John

skullskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only question when it comes to beating Constantine (when he has access to outside help and his usual magical artifacts) is whether his opponent is genre-savvy enough to put a bullet in his head the moment the opportunity presents itself.

Is Loki savvy enough? I don't know, because I haven't read enough with Loki in it. I've read enough Constantine to know that if he isn't dealt with out-of-genre, he wins, regardless of the quantity or quality of power you wield. There's always a bigger fish (or a school of hungry smaller fish) that he can manipulate into confronting the big fish confronting him, and he is selfless enough to sacrifice his best friends in the process.

IF Loki is willing to kill, rather than play with, dangerous enemies... he's not going to lose. If the latter, I can't tell you exactly how, but Constantine WILL manipulate egotistical enemies into destroying themselves time and time again, and what little I've read and experienced concerning Loki suggests that he's got an ego to match his power. That's the worst possible thing when it comes to confronting Constantine.

Pretty much my thinking, I don't have a great deal of knowledge concerning Loki but as far as he knows John is a regular guy, which means Loki is bound to underestimate him.
Plus, with outside help John could go to the tower of fate and have eternity to come up with a plan.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki Is the one cunning enough to do it and strong enough to take em out LOKI FTW

immortalmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John whould take this with prep pretty easily and adding the house of mystery which lies beyond time and space which grants him unlimited prep time it will be very difficult for loki. Having said that what would happen if there was no prep. Still i would have to go with my boy johnny cause there are few ways he can beat him. By trickery and manipulation or using the magic he got effectivly. He showed this ghost ability in trinity rebirth which he can use to avoid being harmed by loki and then theres the house of mystery which can give john the win over loki if loki enters it. I know that loki has much better access to magical abilities than john in a straight up fight and also loki is a manipulator just like john but john i think is much more dangerous than he is

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

John wins in a curbstomp.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John by a landslide. He has no character traits Loki can use against him. Constantine on the other hand can play Loki well in numerous ways. He can use his lust for power against him. Imagine if he offers him a tip on how to get to most powerful artifacts in exchange for Loki surrendering the fight. Loki would totally do it. He can use his hatred against Thor as well. Or his delicate pride. Or anything alike. Loki is a goldmine for John he can find a 100 ways around this guy.

vj21oq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside help is allowed? then Loki will get Odin for help and Contantine will get Micheal Demiurgors for help and you know who wins

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently, Loki kills him.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine and it's not even close.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine takes the vast majority, specially if outside help is allowed.

John can literally trap Loki inside the House of Mystery the way he did to the Phantom Stranger.

1 week prep makes this one sided, imo.

MrStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By MrStranger
Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MrStranger

@chad_duby: He's not particularly impressive currently(since being Sorcerer Supreme).

His history overall, sure.

But emphasizing how he's portrayed(most) recently doesn't suggest he'd "kill" John Constantine, with or without prep.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

John wins.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Con

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrstranger: He was attacked from behind by Ghost Rider, it is not really a low showing or an anti-feat. And he is not Sorcerer Supreme anymore.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still John, he is a low tier "The Maker"

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, John with prep is a perfect counter to Loki.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine, tons of weaknesses.

Loki, almost no weaknesses.

Both prep master's.

Loki has more raw power and vastly more experience. He won't be the villain that has to lose as in comics.

Not sure how Loki loses this unless you go with PIS.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robertloucksjr: I'd put John's prep, resources and cleverness above Loki. I feel like facing ancient beings with more raw power is Constantine's specialty, despite being a normal human with tons of weaknesses (with prep of course).

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine takes the vast majority, specially if outside help is allowed.

John can literally trap Loki inside the House of Mystery the way he did to the Phantom Stranger.

1 week prep makes this one sided, imo.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrstrange: that feat doesn't really count. reyes would be Constantine , so how is that a low showing. loki was cheapshotted then tied up.

ValBr111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d59ee082aecf
deactivated-5d59ee082aecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The jon con is to much poor loki

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki wins with or without prep,if this was classic loki I would have given it Constantine in a prep fight but modern Loki has some ridiculous prep feats and immortality.

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By UltraPhoenix

@dami24434 said:

Loki wins with or without prep,if this was classic loki I would have given it Constantine in a prep fight but modern Loki has some ridiculous prep feats and immortality.

What prep feats does Loki have that are ridiculous? I don't know much about Loki but when it comes to prep Constantine is pretty good.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultraphoenix:

-he tricked nightmare into giving up his powers then killed nightmare by making a car drop on him.

-He also tricked Mephisto twice.

-He killed everyone on earth as king loki .

-He made Odin adopt him.

-He can time travel using comic panels and change event without messing to timelines .

-He made Asgard turn on thor

Even straight up he has done things like

-Tricked dormammu in his own realm with illusions.

- use illusions on odin

-mind control bor

-one shot immortal hulk

- incapacitate the Avengers with one attack (thor,ironman,captain marvel were present)

-tricks dr stranger about being the sorcerer supreme all with illusions.

- he can't die( survived beheading,stabbed the head by wolverine claw and been eaten alive)

- killed legion of strongest frost giants by talking them ,making them tear off their own ears and slaughtered each other with his speech.

Etc... I could name even more ,he is stronger than Constantine in magic and better with illusions and cunning

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By comic_book_fan

lol i was just thinking about this fight last night after watching justice league dark Apoklips war then i thought loki would win before it even became a magic vs magic by being way stronger and faster and more skilled in h2h

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By UltraPhoenix

@dami24434:

-he tricked nightmare into giving up his powers then killed nightmare by making a car drop on him.

Good feat

-He also tricked Mephisto twice.

Also good, although Constantine tricked Nabu and First of The Fallen, who are above Mephisto.

-He killed everyone on earth as king loki .

Good feat

-He made Odin adopt him.

Also good

-He can time travel using comic panels and change event without messing to timelines .

Good feat, but Constantine has access to the House of Mysteries, which is located outside of time itself, giving him pretty much infinite prep time, and the house is practically impossible to invade.

-He made Asgard turn on thor

Even straight up he has done things like

-Tricked dormammu in his own realm with illusions.

Good feat as well, I'll just point out that Constantine tricked Nabu into killing himself, and he's on par with if not above Dormammu.

- use illusions on odin

Good feat, Constantine once used a universe sized illusion on Darkseid (the true form) mid combat

-mind control bor

-one shot immortal hulk

Good feats, Constantine managed to trap Phantom Stranger and cut off Swamp Thing from the green.

- incapacitate the Avengers with one attack (thor,ironman,captain marvel were present)

Good feat.

-tricks dr stranger about being the sorcerer supreme all with illusions.

Good feat, Constantine once convinced the Presence into doing his bidding.

- he can't die( survived beheading,stabbed the head by wolverine claw and been eaten alive)

Constantine has sold his soul to several different people, he can't die either.

- killed legion of strongest frost giants by talking them ,making them tear off their own ears and slaughtered each other with his speech.

Good feat.

Etc... I could name even more ,he is stronger than Constantine in magic and better with illusions and cunning

I mean from what I've seen so far Constantine can match and exceed, he's not that good in a straight up fight, but with prep he's got way better feats.

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By dami24434

@ultraphoenix:

Loki has kidnapped mistress death ,that's better than anything constantine has ever done. No loopholes needed like most of constatine's feat.

Loki defeated children of eternity in a game of chess,these are beings with knowledge of everything in the multiverse,they guard the house of ideas, one above all's realm.

Loki also currently broke the universe apart as he learnt more about his story manipulation,any stories he think of becomes a reality. This is from his recent comic series.

Most of the Constantine feats were taken out of context.

Vs darkseid( constaine could barely do that,he had to sacrifice 100s of people to pool that off and he was amped) also creating an illusion of a universe is not as impressive as you may thing lol.

Vs presence (he didn't do any trickery ,he made a point about first of the fallen being an idiot ,so if he was sent to hell,he will take over hell because FOTF was an idiot and can easily be tricked,so the presence let him off.) That's not even impressive.

Vs Nabu( I haven't read that comic,so can't say)

Vs phantom stranger( can't remember Much but phantom stranger is pretty much a jobber anyways)

Vs Swamp thing( Loki with prep has done worst ,meh)

Show me constatine surviving deathly wounds like loki ,selling your souls doesn't mean he can regenerate from attacks lol,he is no immortal,deal with it,?most fictional characters even humans can survive without a soul as far as its by a magical means.

Loki is better in every way than john

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultraphoenix:

Loki has kidnapped mistress death ,that's better than anything constantine has ever done. No loopholes needed like most of his feat.

He also impersonated eternity and exists in overspace,a realm which can only be reached by growing bigger than universes.

Loki defeated children of eternity in a game of chess,these are beings with knowledge of everything in the multiverse,they guard the house of ideas, one above all realm.

Loki also currently broke the universe apart as he learnt more about his story manipulation,any stories he think of becomes a reality. This is from his recent comic series.

Most of the Constantine feats were taken out of context.

Vs darkseid( constaine could barely do that,he had to sacrifice 100s of people to pool that off and he was amped)

Vs presence (he didn't do any trickery ,he made a point about first of the fallen being an idiot ,so if he was sent to hell,he will take over hell because FOTF was an idiot and can easily be tricked,so the presence let him off.) That's not even impressive.

Vs Nabu( I haven't read that comic,so can't say)

Vs phantom stranger( can't remember Much but phantom stranger is pretty much a jobber anyways)