This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1051 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22072 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonjizz: I said LS/FTL and explained the reasoning behind that. Even though Gold's are cofirmed to be capable of moving and attacking at much faster than light speeds, the term light speed is often used. Don't put words in my mouth or learn how to read statements correctly.

Anyway, I'm just waiting for a light speed combat feat from Jiren, or even a statement. Seems none of the DB supporters here can produce that.

#1052 Edited by TheDeathstar (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

Travel Speed=/=Combat Speed and I will still say it time to time again because I don't run on hype and misinterpretations from feats which aren't meant for what people claim, even including wikis because they think Travel Speed=Combat Speed. I haven't got a single evidence that they are much faster than light in actual combat. Seiya verse lacks DC, Physical and Combat speeds to compete with Jiren. Though Travel wise they are faster which is not much help in relevant combat except for escaping.

And there are statements in the verse which suggests their actual combat is just slightly above light speed.

Second of all Jiren doesn't need much feats, he already blitzed Dyspo in both anime and Manga someone who almost blitzes a God of Destruction who has MFTL+ reaction and combat feats.

Even scaling at this point suggests Jiren is at the very least in the MFTL+ combat ballpark.

#1053 Edited by jonjizz (616 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin: oh so now you just admit you're going to be rude then? intruding in other people's conversations? even when the discussion between me and you is over, and no one is talking to you? ok then.... go ahead and have fun all by yourself, as far as i'm concerned we're done talking.

#1054 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22072 posts) - - Show Bio

The scans demonstrate FTL attack and short movement speed, which is already more than what Jiren has by canonical evidence, i.e., direct statements and actual feats. His only showing of FTL speed is traveling between planets in a short amount of time, which isn't even comparable to the Bronze Knight's feat of crossing Elysium. Of Jiren is really that fast in combat, there should be no issue with producing proof, yet even after 22 pages into this, there hasn't been an iota of that posted.

#1055 Posted by Zokologue3 (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Travel Speed=/=Combat Speed and I will still say it time to time again because I don't run on hype and misinterpretations from feats which aren't meant for what people claim, even including wikis because they think Travel Speed=Combat Speed. I haven't got a single evidence that they are much faster than light in actual combat. Seiya verse lacks DC, Physical and Combat speeds to compete with Jiren. Though Travel wise they are faster which is not much help in relevant combat except for escaping.

And there are statements in the verse which suggests their actual combat is just slightly above light speed.

IN SS there is no difference between travel speed and combat speed.

-Saint seiya lacks of Combat speed? Aiolia who could travel at lightspeed was able to land 100 million punches (lightning plasma) , with one hand in one second, and if he concentrates his cosmos enough he can land billions of punches per second, with one hand (saint seiya G). And in the sanctuary arc, seiya was able to dodge (not block, dodge!!) all of the 100 million punches of aiolia and hit him with a kick.

What about dragon ball? Oh yes, dyspo, who is the fasted in all the universes, maximum speed is lightspeed only

-And oh Really? SS lack of physical strentgh? Aldebaran was able to lift the the Brabeus Talanton, a scale heavier than thecelestial firmament and it's countless stars when he was 14. And god cloth seiya is way more powerful than kid aldebaran. What are dragon ball super physical feats? Oh yeah, i remember!! Vegeta couldn't even lift Mageta who was said to weighs 1000 tons only.

-Saint seiya lacks of dc? Saga, Shura and camus tanked two athena exclamations while weakened. Goku couldn't even tank a weak laser beam and a needle (frost).

#1056 Edited by TheDeathstar (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

@zokologue3 said:
@thedeathstar said:

-Saint seiya lacks of Combat speed? Aiolia who could travel at lightspeed was able to land 100 million punches (lightning plasma) , with one hand in one second, and if he concentrates his cosmos enough he can land billions of punches per second, with one hand (saint seiya G). And in the sanctuary arc, seiya was able to dodge (not block, dodge!!) all of the 100 million punches of aiolia and hit him with a kick.

What about dragon ball? Oh yes, dyspo, who is the fasted in all the universes, maximum speed is lightspeed only

-And oh Really? SS lack of physical strentgh? Aldebaran was able to lift the the Brabeus Talanton, a scale heavier than thecelestial firmament and it's countless stars when he was 14. And god cloth seiya is way more powerful than kid aldebaran. What are dragon ball super physical feats? Oh yeah, i remember!! Vegeta couldn't even lift Mageta who was said to weighs 1000 tons only.

-Saint seiya lacks of dc? Saga, Shura and camus tanked two athena exclamations while weakened. Goku couldn't even tank a weak laser beam and a needle (frost).

Travel Speed is not Combat Speed.

100 million punches in a second is barely light speed. Light Speed = 300,000,000 m/s

A punch takes approx say 1-meter range from going back and up, 100 million Punches in a second = 100 million * 1m distance covered/second that is 100,000,000 meters. Light travels at 300 million meters per second. Which proves my point that they aren't much faster than light in combat.

Secondly, lifting strength=/=combat strength. Invalid argument.

#1057 Edited by Zokologue3 (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedeathstar said:
@zokologue3 said:
@thedeathstar said:

100 million punches in a second is barely light speed. Light Speed = 300,000,000 m/s

A punch takes approx say 1-meter range from going back and up, 100 million Punches in a second = 100 million distance covered/second that is 100,000,000. Light travels at 300 million meter per second. Which proves my point that they aren't much faster than light in combat.

Did you miss the part when i said he could give billions punches per second with one hand? And i didn't just talked about Aiolia's punches.

Ps: Lightpseed is 299 792 458 m/s

#1058 Edited by TheDeathstar (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

@zokologue3 said:
@thedeathstar said:
@zokologue3 said:
@thedeathstar said:

A punch takes approx say 1-meter range from going back and up, 100 million Punches in a second = 100 million distance covered/second that is 100,000,000. Light travels at 300 million meter per second. Which proves my point that they aren't much faster than light in combat.

Did you miss the part when i said he could give billions punches per second with one hand? And i didn't just talked about Aiolia's punches.

You need to hit 300 million punch to be Light Speed in 1 second or do the same in 1 hit with a much much smaller time frame. 1 Billion = 1000 million punches per second that is only 3.5 times FTL. Sorry you proved to me that Seiya really isn't much faster in Combat.

No need to take Light's exact values I used a good approx. your value even slows them down.

#1059 Edited by Zokologue3 (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedeathstar: No no no, you have problems with understanding what people are saying. I didn't said he could give 1 billion punches. I said he could give billions, with a "s" at the end.

#1060 Edited by TheDeathstar (3598 posts) - - Show Bio

@zokologue3 said:

@thedeathstar: No no no, you have problems with understand what people are saying. I didn't said he could give 1 billion punches. I said he could give billions, with a "s" at the end.

Sorry but I debunked that long ago, at best he is few 100 times FTL in actual combat showings even if you say he did 30 Billion punches in a second.

Also don't misinterpret Travel as combat. Their combat feats really aren't much impressive compared to Jiren.

#1061 Edited by Zokologue3 (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedeathstar said:
@zokologue3 said:

@thedeathstar: No no no, you have problems with understand what people are saying. I didn't said he could give 1 billion punches. I said he could give billions, with a "s" at the end.

Sorry but I debunked that long ago, at best he is few 100 times FTL in actual combat showings.

Don't misinterpret Travel as combat.

Debunked? No you didn't. And even if you did, Dbs characters are faaaaar away from being FTL. Remember Dyspo?

#1062 Edited by Jman88933 (931 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonjizz:

" yes, although you should specify that the last video is only from the gold saints arc, quite early in the story when pegasus hadn't obtained his 7th sense yet. Later he can dodge leo's attacks, which is ONLY light speed however."

Thank you for acknowledging the clear attempt to lowball Seiya based on an early arc of the series. In fact, I bet kothaga knew he was grabbing early footage of Seiya and tried to pass it off as current Seiya.

Whether you want to call us SS wankers or not, you'd never see us lowball Goku based off of the Saiyan, Namek, Frieza, or Cell Saga.

#1063 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22072 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonjizz said:

@thedarkpaladin: oh so now you just admit you're going to be rude then? intruding in other people's conversations? even when the discussion between me and you is over, and no one is talking to you? ok then.... go ahead and have fun all by yourself, as far as i'm concerned we're done talking.

This is a public debate forum... If you want to have a private conversation without any interruptions, there's always the option of taking it to a PM. If you're going to mention my name in a bad way where I can see it myself, you shouldn't be surprised when I say something.

#1064 Posted by CyanIsHere (354 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about Saint Seiya, but Jiren is about to beat Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku, and I'm not sure if Saint Seiya can top that feat?

#1065 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22072 posts) - - Show Bio

100 million punches per second, assuming these are thrown at average speeds which they aren't, is above light speed actually and that's already more attacks than anyone in DB has been shown to throw in a mere second.

#1066 Edited by omarlionvision (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Even with 999,999,999,999 (maximum of billions of punches), it's no where near MFTL, let alone MFTL+ like whis when he crossed a nebula in 30 mins ( beerus planet to earth). Mastered UI is the state angels have, combat speed tend to be faster than travel speed in DB so combat speed would be MFTL+ and thus goku is MFTL+. We don't know how jiren beats goku (through being faster than MUI or goku runs out of MUI like ep 110) so we can't judge jiren yet.

#1067 Posted by ElderElijah190 (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

Still leaning towards jiren.

#1068 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22072 posts) - - Show Bio

@omarlionvision: If we equate travel and combat speed, Bronze Seiya crossed billions of galaxies in a few minutes, which is MFTL+ and above anything on the level of Jiren or MUI Goku has displayed. I coupd argue combat speed is greater than travel speed in Saint Seiya based on showings and apply that to every character as well, such as Shura's attacks exceeding the initial expansion of the Big Bang. Ultimately, the result doesn't change much. Seiya is faster than Jiren by feats, statements, scaling, etc..

#1069 Edited by iUseMyCajonas (3717 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin said:

@omarlionvision: If we equate travel and combat speed, Bronze Seiya crossed billions of galaxies in a few minutes, which is MFTL+

This is what I'm mainly not understanding about this entire thread.

Even the highest speed feats in Dragon Ball Super multiplied by 10 don't match up to Seiya speed feats. What have you guys even been arguing? LMAO for 22 entire pages.

#1070 Posted by jonjizz (616 posts) - - Show Bio

i like how this sequence already tells us everything we need to know about their combat speed

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

notice how he is so sure his movements cannot be seen nor reacted to when he's moving FTL...

from this we can tell 2 things;

- they can attack/move at light speed or FTL? yes (at least some of them)

- they can react to things FTL? no (judging from what he saying)

this is unlike jiren, who is > than dyspo's confirmed FTL speed and > than hit's time-skip.

#1071 Posted by Nerise (863 posts) - - Show Bio

@batuxx28: the wank for Dragon Ball is truly insane.

Where's your feats? Show me on screen Jiren or Goku or Beerus or Whis or anyone not named Zeno destroying anything larger than a planet. I'll wait. And wait. And wait. And keep waiting.

You still waiting? Me too

#1072 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22072 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin said:

@omarlionvision: If we equate travel and combat speed, Bronze Seiya crossed billions of galaxies in a few minutes, which is MFTL+

This is what I'm mainly not understanding about this entire thread.

Even the highest speed feats in Dragon Ball Super multiplied by 10 don't match up to Seiya speed feats. What have you guys even been arguing? LMAO for 22 entire pages.

It's also a tad suspicious how a handful of the users arguing for Jiren in this thread have admitted to knowing little to nothing about Seiya in the first place. Not to mention, the average post count of these supporters ranges anywhere from 10-100, which could be a coincidence, but it raises a few eyebrows, that's for sure. Also, don't get me wrong, I'm all for having different opinions on the outcome itself. My problem is that if you're going to apply a certain standard to one character, you should hold up to it while arguing your position.

#1073 Edited by Thedarkpaladin (22072 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonjizz said:

i like how this sequence already tells us everything we need to know about their combat speed

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

notice how he is so sure his movements cannot be seen nor reacted to when he's moving FTL...

from this we can tell 2 things;

- they can attack/move at light speed or FTL? yes (at least some of them)

- they can react to things FTL? no (judging from what he saying)

this is unlike jiren, who is > than dyspo's confirmed FTL speed and > than hit's time-skip.

Shura is directly referring to Roland, not making a general statement which can be applied to everyone in the verse. Other Knights of the Round Table had no issue reacting to his and other Gold Knights' attacks without any form of precog, and regularly got the upper hand on them in battle.

By your previous standards, there's no accurate method of determining what aspect of speed Dsypo surpasses light in. Short movement, long movement, attack, reaction? You first need to prove this, and then demonstrate how Jiren is actually the faster of the two.

Also, you're confusing reaction speed for combat speed.

#1074 Edited by sky_warrior (823 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerise said:
@lordcloud121 said:

@batuxx28: the wank for Dragon Ball is truly insane.

Where's your feats? Show me on screen Jiren or Goku or Beerus or Whis or anyone not named Zeno destroying anything larger than a planet. I'll wait. And wait. And wait. And keep waiting.

You still waiting? Me too

you dont have to wait here we go:

well Toppo was werping an entire infinite void to a universe with galaxies and all it was weird also beerus clash with champa was a high speed type of battle across a solar system range in an instant moving speed proving they are well in the MTFL range and goku battle with beerus the shockwave from red goku and beerus fight was destroying planets far away from them too.

Beerus Vs Champa in a friendly match so to speak

No Caption Provided

shockwave across the universe smashing planets, as it get stronger the more it spread

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

World of void pre toppo going GoD

No Caption Provided

World of void Post Toppo going GoD

No Caption Provided

convinced now??

#1075 Posted by ElderElijah190 (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

I still have a reason as to why jiren edges it here.

#1076 Posted by Jman88933 (931 posts) - - Show Bio
#1077 Posted by ElderElijah190 (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

@jman88933:

Cool man,still waiting to be convinced though.

#1078 Posted by Nerise (863 posts) - - Show Bio

@sky_warrior:
Those were asteroids.
That punch doesnt mean anything if Jiren can produce nowhere near that amount of power. SSB was stopped by Krillin Kamehameha.
And who is toppo

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#1079 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been four months and twenty six days and I still haven't seen a compelling argument for why Jiren doesn't get fodderized.

#1080 Posted by Parallax42 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

@zokologue3: So Vegeta's manga struggling counts but Jaco's statement doesn't?

#1081 Posted by Zokologue3 (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Excuse me? What are you talking about?

Avatar image for gentlemantophat
#1082 Edited by GentlemanTopHat (748 posts) - - Show Bio

@parallax42 said:

That's because it disproves their DB universes are only the size of 4 galaxies BS so of course it doesn't counts

#1083 Posted by Parallax42 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

@zokologue3: You bring Vegeta struggles to lift 1k tons in the manga as a canon valid source in every debate,but Jaco's statement that there are countless galaxies isn't canon and valid to your logic?

#1084 Posted by Turr (686 posts) - - Show Bio

DB characters are building busters when it comes to physical power but universe level when it comes to energy attacks. Bullshit reasoning but they surely win this if we go by feats.

Avatar image for gentlemantophat
#1085 Posted by GentlemanTopHat (748 posts) - - Show Bio

@turr said:

DB characters are building busters when it comes to physical power but universe level when it comes to energy attacks. Bullshit reasoning but they surely win this if we go by feats.

both Beerus and Champa were casually one shoting multiple planets with punches and kicks with little to no effort hell Beerus Destroyed 7 planets by simply flying into them and Goku was lifting an iron weight the size of a building at 10 x earth's normal gravity in base form no ki or god ki power ups no SSG, SSB, UI, and MUI just with pure physical strength.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And he's a lot stronger than that now and stuff like kaioken and his super saiyan forms and MUI boots his physical strength, speed, and power.

#1086 Edited by Zokologue3 (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@parallax42 said:

@zokologue3: You bring Vegeta struggles to lift 1k tons in the manga as a canon valid source in every debate,but Jaco's statement that there are countless galaxies isn't canon and valid to your logic?

Haven't done that in days. And how do you know that? I don't think we've talked, about this, before.........No, we never talked, at all. You are an alt or something?

#1087 Edited by Zokologue3 (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@gentlemantophat said:
@turr said:

both Beerus and Champa were casually one shoting multiple planets with punches and kicks with little to no effort hell Beerus Destroyed 7 planets by simply flying into them and Goku was lifting an iron weight the size of a building at 10 x earth's normal gravity in base form no ki or god ki power ups no SSG, SSB, UI, and MUI just with pure physical strength.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And he's a lot stronger than that now and stuff like kaioken and his super saiyan forms and MUI boots his physical strength, speed, and power.

This feat is ridiculous compared to what did Aldebaran when he was 14 years old. He Casuallyliftedthe Brabeus Talanton, a scale heavier than thecelestial firmament and it's countless stars

And adult aldebaran is fodder to seiya.

#1088 Posted by Parallax42 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

@zokologue3: So immediate accuse of an alt?

I've seen it in the threads i visit,why it is so hard to grasp?

#1089 Posted by lordcloud121 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@sky_warrior:

> asks for scans of anything above planet busting

> posts literal scans of planet busting and other things that are unquantifiable and make no sense and lack context like the sky changing colour (because that’s totally a universal feat lmfao)

K

#1090 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22072 posts) - - Show Bio

I've still yet to see a reasonable argument for Jiren in 22 pages.

#1091 Posted by death2heretics (6263 posts) - - Show Bio

Seiya stomps, though there is some ridiculous DB downplay here.

#1092 Posted by omarlionvision (393 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin: could you send me a scan about the 'crossing billions of galaxies', or give me a link to the whole chapter. And does seiya have resistance to gag characters? Beerus said he could beat arale, as gags dont affect him, who once cut out a character by breaking the fourth wall-ish and throwing him out of the manga. Jiren > beerus so he would do the same. I don't see seiya stopping arale from cutting him out.

Couldn't find the paper plane scan but this also shows ithttps://goo.gl/images/5ju5Pb

#1093 Posted by omarlionvision (393 posts) - - Show Bio

And speed advantages doesn't determine the winner. Flash is MFTL+ and can time stop as long as he wants but no one argues for him to win vs someone like Thought Robot.

#1094 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22072 posts) - - Show Bio

@omarlionvision:

could you send me a scan about the 'crossing billions of galaxies', or give me a link to the whole chapter.

The entire chapter(s) are between the end of volume 26 and the start of volume 27, but here is confirmation Seiya crossed the Super Dimensional Space, which exists between the Wall of Lamentation and Elysium:

https://imgur.com/a/IgZXS

And does seiya have resistance to gag characters? Beerus said he could beat arale, as gags dont affect him, who once cut out a character by breaking the fourth wall-ish and throwing him out of the manga. Jiren > beerus so he would do the same. I don't see seiya stopping arale from cutting him out.

Saint Seiya isn't a gag manga, and I don't even see the relevance of having resistance to "toon force", as those type of characters are only as strong or weak as the plot demands. Beerus was affected by a gag in that very episode too, which is the reason he needed to rush home and wasn't able to finish off Arale. What Jiren needs here is speed feats suggesting he can keep up, resistance to Seiya's hax which ignores conventional durability, damage output to say he can harm God Seiya, who blocks universal+ energy attacks like it's nothing.

And speed advantages doesn't determine the winner. Flash is MFTL+ and can time stop as long as he wants but no one argues for him to win vs someone like Thought Robot.

The speed advantage is only one reason for why he wins. Comparing the difference between Flash and Thought Robot with the difference between Seiya and Jiren is incredibly faulty, because there's little to no evidence suggesting Jiren is more powerful at all.

#1095 Posted by DrunkHC (750 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder those DBS defenders should not have notion of how a fight works, probably never punched in life!

#1096 Edited by DrunkHC (750 posts) - - Show Bio

Defenders of DBS have you ever had a fight?
#1097 Posted by omarlionvision (393 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin: were they actually crossing it with their own speed or was it some wormhole thing? They also said that they are being pulled away, which suggests its not them doing it.

#1098 Posted by DrunkHC (750 posts) - - Show Bio

You do not know how to fight! You're a joke!
#1099 Posted by DrunkHC (750 posts) - - Show Bio

Seiya is a fighter, Jiren is a clown!
#1100 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22072 posts) - - Show Bio

@omarlionvision: Nothing in the manga confirms there's a wormhole, just a highly compressed space-time exclusive to the Gods that serves as path to Elysium. The narrations confirms the distance in the scans I linked, while Thanatos uses the term light-years to describe the path.

They were being pulled away from Elysium, not towards it. When Pegasus' Cloth grew wings, he resisted the pull and flew there on his own. Actually, the resistance would only make the journey that much harder for him.