Gogeta dimension busts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Beerus upon seeing the version of MUI Goku that Jiren would later defeat: him and the rest of the GoDs allow the shit to fall out of their pants by giving a standing ovation.

Beerus during the entire Broly movie: sleeping.

Something tells me fusion is not in the same league as Ultra Instinct. Same deal with Kefla, Vegito and merged Zamasu: not even remotely a big deal to any of the GoDs. Then look at Jiren: rumoured to be the only mortal in his universe capable of defeating the God of Destruction... before we even learn anything about him or see him break his limits.

Am I 100% certain Jiren would take Gogeta? No. Do I have any reason to think Gogeta would defeat Jiren? Not exactly. I just think a stronger case can be made for Jiren based on the various statements and observations from common characters we have. Also, the fact that Ultra Instinct is a state that even the GoDs can struggle to master after being around for hundreds of millions of years, but fusion is something either two kais or two random dudes who know the fusion dance can pull off... again, indicates to me that Ultra Instinct is a more powerful form than a fusion (that is if we keep the variables the same, MUI Goku vs Goku fusing with a relative peer like Vegeta).

With all that said... there is the fact that we are using tournament Jiren and current Gogeta... so Gogeta benefits from all the zenkais and training since the tournament. Based on what I said above I doubt that makes up the difference, but because the power creep in DBS is always moving forward, it's entirely possible that Gogeta could be more powerful than Jiren at the current moment. However, if you take away time skips and just discuss the various forms on a relative basis, I'm sure Broly-timeframe Jiren > Gogeta.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Beerus upon seeing the version of MUI Goku that Jiren would later defeat: him and the rest of the GoDs allow the shit to fall out of their pants by giving a standing ovation.

Something tells me fusion is not in the same league as Ultra Instinct. Same deal with Kefla, Vegito and merged Zamasu: not even remotely a big deal to any of the GoDs. Then look at Jiren: rumoured to be the only mortal in his universe capable of defeating the God of Destruction... before we even learn anything about him or see him break his limits.

Am I 100% certain Jiren would take Gogeta? No. Do I have any reason to think Gogeta would defeat Jiren? Not exactly. I just think a stronger case can be made for Jiren based on the various statements and observations from common characters we have. Also, the fact that Ultra Instinct is a state that even the GoDs can struggle to master after being around for hundreds of millions of years, but fusion is something either two kais or two random dudes who know the fusion dance can pull off... again, indicates to me that Ultra Instinct is a more powerful form than a fusion (that is if we keep the variables the same, MUI Goku vs Goku fusing with a relative peer like Vegeta).

This, 100%. The gods thought little of the whole broly debacle while the ultra instinct tier is clearly impressive to them.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#14 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@pierpat said:
@i_like_swords said:

This, 100%. The gods thought little of the whole broly debacle while the ultra instinct tier is clearly impressive to them.

But Ultra Instinct is something they struggled to obtain. Its a goal for them. Why wouldn't they want to see it?

Also, Beerus wouldn't be erased from existence if Goku loses to Broly. It obviously mattered to him in the tournament.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@majinblackheart: The reason for it being so important to them is the power it affords. They seem to believe its a much loftier height to attain than fusion.

Even GoDs whose universes were immune from being erased stood for Goku.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#16 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

@i_like_swords: But they aren't interested in fusion because that isn't really improving them individually. They've most likely never seen the dance and the Potara is only temporary for those that aren't kai.

So that's why they all stood. This is the thing they've all been training to achieve (or who have and want to see the competition).

slickfront53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jiren win

DevoidRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiren

Jack_Hart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiren gets stomped like Broly once Gogeta hits Blue, or he lasts long enough for Gogeta to defuse. It just depends on the booking,

WhatamIseeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has there ever been a time in dragon ball where the main character fighting the final villian was weaker than the previous main character fighting the final villian??

Regime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Regime

@whatamiseeing: Future Trunks getting stomped by a relatively weak Goku Black while stomping a more powerfull, fused, immortal one at the end of the saga

WhatamIseeing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regime: I meant for final fight for example gohan vs cell, goku vs freeza, goku vs vegeta etc. Has the main character from the next arc been weaker than the previous main character from the previous arc

Avatar image for gentlemantophat
GentlemanTopHat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With all that said... there is the fact that we are using tournament Jiren and current Gogeta... so Gogeta benefits from all the zenkais and training since the tournament. Based on what I said above I doubt that makes up the difference, but because the power creep in DBS is always moving forward, it's entirely possible that Gogeta could be more powerful than Jiren at the current moment. However, if you take away time skips and just discuss the various forms on a relative basis, I'm sure Broly-timeframe Jiren > Gogeta.

Jiren didn't defeat MUI Goku Jiren was clearly getting his ass handed to him by MUI Goku and almost lost before Goku lost control of MUI even Jiren knew he was going to lose

Avatar image for speedforceuser_
speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiren

syncroniam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gogeta is officialy more powerful than Jiren and all the other non-gods based on the events of Dragon Ball Heroes Episode 19.

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 takenstew22  Moderator

Maybe Gogeta.

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gogeta probably

Avatar image for floydfromhell97
floydfromhell97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gogeta

JRAZZLE20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gogeta

Bartolomo87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncroniam: That’s non-canon and thus irrelevant, but the answer remains the same. Gogeta wins in a good fight.

Shouvik89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiren takes this. Both him (in his LB form) and MUI Goku are at a level beyond the Gods, Gogeta Blue isn't on that level.