Jiren vs Beerus

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thedarkpaladin: Wasn't Quitella the guy who beat Beerus in arm wrestling? Also Beerus seems to be stronger than Vermoud according to manga. Although as of now it could go either way imo

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickyrck said:

this

beerus wrecks as he is the strongest GoD.

I don't know about strongest but yeah, Jiren being stronger than Belmod doesn't mean he's stronger than Beerus.

rickyrck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josephgomes619: he fought all of the gods and didnt seem to have problems handling them so i think its highly likely hes the strongest but to be fair one of the other gods could have been holding back for some reason

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickyrck: As I thought. I still give it to Beerus until we see further statements.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiren

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beerus is not the strongest, he is the most skilled and have ultra instincts hence he is the fastest but physicaly for example he is weaker than Quitela.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron: Well he's still one of the stronger Gods. And definitely stronger than Vermoud.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Gaoron

@josephgomes619: He probably is but maybe Belmond is gonna show something amazing in next chapter

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: Wasn't Quitella the guy who beat Beerus in arm wrestling? Also Beerus seems to be stronger than Vermoud according to manga. Although as of now it could go either way imo

The manga confirmed that Quitella did beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match, though in the anime, Whis said the GoD of the universe that contains a mortal even a GoD can't defeat is also stronger than Beerus. That statement can be interpreted as "the mortal is only stronger than the GoD of that particular universe", though in this context, I believe Whis was referring to them all, since he mentioned that Jiren's power is on the level of GoD in general, or perhaps even higher.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By josephgomes619
Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josephgomes619: In the anime, Whis also says he's on the level of GoD, and perhaps even greater. He then confirmed that the rumor of a mortal being stronger than a GoD was true:

Loading Video...

In episode 93, Whis claimed the GoD of that universe was also stronger than Beerus, so if Jiren truly is the mortal he was referring to, Belmod may be above Beerus in the anime, at least in terms of power:

Loading Video...

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By josephgomes619

@thedarkpaladin: Hmm, I would like to see where it goes since the anime and manga have contradictory info. Jiren's full power will most likely be revealed towards the end of the arc.

Also I think Whis might be lying there to motivate Goku and Vegeta, it seemed like a gag scene. DBS has always found a way to make Beerus stronger lol

Either way, if Goku beats Jiren in this arc then Beerus character will be in trouble even if Beerus is stronger than Goku, since the power gap is minuscule now. Toriyama needs to upgrade Beerus character or retire him. Goku being stronger than Beerus will make Beerus unnecessary

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: Either there are two mortals stronger than GoDs or manga is going with diffrent approach than anime

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By PhantomRant

By what we know, Jiren > Beerus. You have Whis stating that he's exceeded GoD level and the GoDs shitting themselves at Jiren's power. You have Goku w/Ultra Instinct (which none of the GoDs have mastered yet) being matched by Jiren w/o using his full power. So yeah Jiren can be stronger than Beerus by feats. Jiren > Vermoud and there is correlation evidence saying that Vermoud => Beerus

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josephgomes619: It may also be that Belmod and Quitella both beat Beerus at an arm wrestling match in the past, or perhaps Jiren just isn't the mortal who's above GoD tier. I did find Quitella's calm demeanor throughout that battle to be kind of suspicious.

Hm, I suppose it's possible, but his statement in the first video made it seem like he was serious. I'm sure we'll find out for sure in the next few weeks or so.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: Hmm first video does seem serious since there's no Goku or Vegeta around so Whis has no reason to lie. But whether Belmod is stronger than Beerus is what I doubt. Also we still don't know full extent of Beerus power mind you. However if Toei doesn't show Beerus powers in the next arc, RIP to his character.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@josephgomes619: Beerus did deny Whis' assertion almost immediately after he made it, albeit in a defensive manner, so there is reason to doubt the validity of it. Even if Belmod is physically superior to Beerus, he may not be as skilled in combat, which would explain the recent events in the latest chapter.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: I am very curious to see what happens to Beerus after this arc, what's your prediction? He will definitely not be able to boss around Goku anymore even if he's stronger (the power difference will be very small, if it even exists). It will be sad to see him become irrelevant

Thoromdil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thoromdil: what are you talking about? belmod was stated to be inferior to beerus

no. Whis said quote: "that god of destruction happens to be stronger then Beerus-sama!" talking about god of destruction from Jiren universe - which is Belmod.

actually inferior to most GoDs

What bullshit. Even in the manga Belmod was the only god of destruction who kicked the ass of another one in the exhibition match, besides Beerus, suggesting he is no joke. Obviously you are just trolling atm.

that’s why he is known as the cunning GoDs

He is not known as the cunning GoDs, he is a god from JUSTICE universe. All his fighters are all about Justice. That's why his opposite universe is all about love. Cunning god is the mouse guy, and the fighters from his universe are all about tricks and illusions. I don't think you even know the lore very well.

The statement from whis doesn’t mean there’s a mortal no god of destruction can beat,

Yes, he said exactly that. "There exist a mortal in one of the universes, even god of destruction can't beat" it means exactly that. That there is a mortal above level of god of destruction, which is confirmed to be Jiren in episode 110.

he simply says there’s a mortal who can defeat a god of Destruction

no. And stop twisting quotes.

Beerus takes this until we have more concrete evidence

We just got the evidence this episode, it was literally said outloud in episode 110 that Jiren SURPASSED level of gods of destruction. Look at post 3 and stop wasting other peoples time. Jiren wins and there's nothing you can do about it.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josephgomes619: I believe Goku most likely will end up achieving that state later in the tournament, and will potentially master it to where he can access that kind of power whenever at will. Since the difference between Goku and Beerus would be negligible at that point, the latter will likely try to create a new gap between them by training one on one with Whis--we know he has been slacking off since the start of DBS, while Goku and Vegeta have been training non-stop.

It would feel very different if Beerus dropped the superiority act while in front of Goku after this arc. Lol

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By josephgomes619

@thedarkpaladin: Would you prefer if he turned into a clown or retired? I would rather have Beerus train and become stronger, but I get the feel that won't happen for some reason. One thing for certain, Beerus won't be a top dog anymore after the tournament. I wish he remained stronger for a bit more since he didn't even get to see his full power

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevs06: I could lowball and say Beerus only used 20% against SSG Goku.

This means that SSB Kaioken x10 Goku is stronger than Beerus, multiply Gokus power by 5 and Beerus would need to use 100% to beat him.

Hell I could lowball even more and say Beerus only used 10% against SSG Goku

Multiple Gokus power by 10 and and Beerus would need to use 100% to beat SSG with kaioken x10, I haven't even counted the boost that SSB Gives him, it's safe to say that SSB KK x10 Goku is a little stronger than Beerus.

Jiren roflstomps Kaioken x20 SSB Goku, he should win here without too much difficulty

lmao no. your logic is so flawed.

do you remember what WHis told goku and Vegeta when they first went to beerus home, on how yes they had achieved access to the power of the gods but he then compared their power to the entire tree as a Gods true power?

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: Hmm, I would like to see where it goes since the anime and manga have contradictory info. Jiren's full power will most likely be revealed towards the end of the arc.

Also I think Whis might be lying there to motivate Goku and Vegeta, it seemed like a gag scene. DBS has always found a way to make Beerus stronger lol

Either way, if Goku beats Jiren in this arc then Beerus character will be in trouble even if Beerus is stronger than Goku, since the power gap is minuscule now. Toriyama needs to upgrade Beerus character or retire him. Goku being stronger than Beerus will make Beerus unnecessary

i personally think this is the point.

my Bet is that Belmond was planning to have jiren take over as his universes GoD and literally maybe actually retire?

the same could be done with Beerus. i mean think about it, eternal retirement with all the food he could eat while goku or vegeta take over the duties of the GoD.

DemonGod_PABLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People saying Jiren roflstomps are sipping that fanboy coolaid. Whis's statements were vague, he came off as curious rather than making factual satements. Jiren is GoD level that is confirmed but it doesn't mean he is stronger than all the gods.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By josephgomes619

@chair-sama: I don't think either Goku or Vegeta will become God of Destruction. Goku hates all duties and Vegeta is focused on his family. Funny enough, I can see Frieza taking the role if he stays alive after the tournament

Beerus might retire and maybe he will take a nap?

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josephgomes619: Who would take over for Beerus if he retired? I really don't think Goku would accept a destroyer job, and Vegeta seemed opposed to it as well during the BoG/RoF arcs, if I recall. It would also be difficult for them to 180° Beerus' personality and have him stop ordering Goku around. I do agree that he likely won't be top dog after this arc anymore, at least not by a considerable margin, though I doubt it will be grounds for changing his character. The relationship between Beerus and Goku seems more comedic at times anyway.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By josephgomes619

@thedarkpaladin: Believe it or not, I think Frieza might be up for it lol. I mean Vegeta was a piece of shit and he became a good guy. So did the Androids. Lets see how it goes.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiren

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josephgomes619: Heh, I actually didn't consider Freeza as a potential candidate. It would be pretty hilarious if that ended up happening, though.

Avatar image for sainguinexshadow
SainguineXshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beerus, when Jiren can 1v all GoD's do let me know.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The implications of Ultra Instict are that Belmod cannot use it ( Otherwise he would not be as upset when he saw it vs Jiren ), and the Beerus can use it ( Was upset at goku attaining it, even though it helped his universe survive ).

That puts Jiren above a regular GoD, but not a higher tier GoD or one with access to Ultra Instinct.

Also, stop saying that Beerus is the strongest God of Destruction. He is no where near the High Mortal Level universes.

mrx1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mrx1122

jiren stomps as of now

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: I am not usually optimistic but I hope they make Frieza's return worthwhile. Him dying after tournament will be complete waste of time. Also Frieza is the most likely person in the roster to actually willing bust planets and kill people now. Former bad guys don't seem interested in violence. Vegeta admitted to Cabba that U7 saiyans aren't savage anymore, Buu is now Satan's pet and 17 is now a pacifist like Aang (lol). Frieza on the other hand would gladly take over Beerus role anyday. Whis wouldn't mind either, he would keep Frieza in check.

As for Beerus, he could take a long nap and retire gracefully. I would hate to see him turn into background drawing like Tien.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josephgomes619: He actually would he a good choice, provided he can keep his sadistic nature in check some. Beerus also doesn't appear to think too fondly of Freeza either, even going so far as to question his motives and threaten to destroy him. Nevertheless, he's really the only one I could see replacing Beerus at this time.

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By josephgomes619

@thedarkpaladin: Whis would keep Frieza in check, Frieza is quite respectful of authority and he wouldn't want Zeno to be pissed at him. As for Beerus, he could consider Frieza after seeing nobody else is interested. Beerus is quite a reasonable person.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josephgomes619: I don't think Freeza would openly oppose the more authoritative figures in the divine hierarchy, but he is inherently mischievous and would most likely try to usurp Zeno in an underhanded way. After all, he essentially considers the tournament nothing but an opportunity to manipulate the Gods and has already sworn that Zeno won't remain at the top forever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6
deactivated-5b2dd32201ad6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

josephgomes619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: I hope Frieza doesn't do anything stupid and get erased on spot like Frost.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josephgomes619: Freeza is actually pretty intelligent, so I imagine he'll keep his true motives a secret for the time being. At least I hope he will.

Avatar image for vegettossjbluee
VegettoSSjBluee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiren wins.

Avatar image for magnus_carlsen3
magnus_carlsen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thoromdil: what are you talking about? belmod was stated to be inferior to beerus actually inferior to most GoDs that’s why he is known as the cunning GoDs

The statement from whis doesn’t mean there’s a mortal no god of destruction can beat, he simply says there’s a mortal who can defeat a god of Destruction

Beerus takes this until we have more concrete evidence

I agree Beerus takes this. And Beerus did fought many God of Destruction and that is an impressive feat.

Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A couple of surprised expressions doesn't really mean anything wether it be Jiren/Beerus/etc. Even Zeno has had surprised expressions about ppl and you're seriously gonna tell me Zeno would be defeated by anyone we've seen at these tournaments??

Expressions mean nothing. There is no way to determine a winner based on that crap. The only true fight we've seen Beerus have was against SSG Goku which Whis even admitted wasn't a battle for Beerus. So too early to tell, let's see Hiren all out and Beerus all out. Then we can make that decision. As of now though, Beerus

LocusTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beerus ftw

Avatar image for johnpeterbanana
johnpeterbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By johnpeterbanana

Beerus until Jiren gets more quantifiable and/or scalable feats.

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beerus for sure takes the Battle, BUT atleast for now, Jiren is the closest we've seen anybody get to being on GoD level.

Also side note, i kind of hope that Freiza kills goku, vegeta rages out and kills both frieze and Jiran. its unlikely, but it would be great haha.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also side note, i kind of hope that Freiza kills goku, vegeta rages out and kills both frieze and Jiran. its unlikely, but it would be great haha.

Frieza's been helping Goku more than Vegeta though, lol.

U_WOT_M8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By U_WOT_M8

@thedarkpaladin said:

Based on this, I think we can safely say Jiren is above GoD tier:

This

Jiren is > destroyer level. Beerus isn't his power

SSJGODRED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batuxx28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiren >Beerus for now.

Avatar image for sainguinexshadow
SainguineXshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beerus Grabs Jiren's arm and Hakai's him or hell Hakai's him period.