Jin (Solo leveling) vs Bam (Tower of God)

Avatar image for deactivated-61919ebe21493
deactivated-61919ebe21493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
  1. Who would win in a fight?
  2. Who has a better design?
  3. Who has the better story?
  4. Who has the better development?

ThatDamnedUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaffeinated: What other webtoons do your read

I'm up to date with Solo Leveling but just starting read ToG

I love JIn's powers but his personality is suffering

I wish he never changed, the difference in personality is like two different people, can we really call his change realistic

Also just change the thread to a battle, otherwise a war will start between Webtoon readers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatdamneduser: I don't think the change is bad, the speed at which he changed is weird.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatdamneduser: I've finished chapter 1 of HCLW, ToG, and Solo Leveling. Both HCLW and Solo Leveling are caught up so I'm reading ToG right now.

El_directo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

U should specify the versions of the characters being used here, I heard current light novel jinwoo is planetary+ or something lol, he could almost solo the TOG verse. Anyways, if we go with current(manhwa/webtoon, excluding LN) versions:

1. Baam stomps badly. He Lies somewhere between large mountain to island level+ in power. Jinwoo hasn't done anything nor neither has anyone in the SL verse done anything above small mountain level.

2. Jinwoo for sure. Solo leveling design and art is sick as fuck! God tier stuff.

3. What does this question mean? Better story between the 2 characters or between the 2 manhwas as a whole? Anyways regardless, baam's and tower of god story is much better. Solo leveling isn't really good at story telling, its just about an overpowered MC who just bulldozes through everything and everyone in his verse with ease(like saitama and I love it! Lol). Tower of God on the other hand is much more deep, the story/plot, world mystery, world building, everything about the tower itself, shinsu mystery, the outside world, irregulars, light houses, scouts, observers, suspendium, roles & positions etc...its very unique in its own way. Not everyday u get to see something new like this, these days its mostly cliche manga/anime/webtoon either about love, or about some game virtual game in some other world, and just fighting and more fighting urggh..Tower of god is like the "one piece" of webtoon when it comes to story/plot. Although there are a few other webtoons with just as good of a story as tower of god or even better, kubera comes to mind, but unfortunately its not a very popular manhwa.

4. Baam by a mile. Jinwoo's character development is a bit weird lol like the guy above said. Can it even be called character development? He changed way to drastically it didn't make much sense. Anyways character development is what we see in baam. In season 1, as people would say, he was a complete "simp" (God I hate this word so much Lol). Baam lived all his life trapped in a mysterious cave, he knew nothing about anything, he never met humans, he never knew what is in the outside world nothing, the only human he met was Rachel. The words and language he spoke, were taught to him by Rachel, the emotions he felt was taught to him by Rachel. He learnt about humans, culture from her, he was also named by rachel. She was everything to him, she was his mom, sister, brother, lover, friend, dad, etc..after being betrayed by his everything my boi became a chad. Making his own decisions by his damn self, seeking Rachel to get answers, he didn't go the usually cliche route of good guy to bad guy like u see in many manga. He was a good guy while still being bad lol, that's just a tip of the iceberg of baam's char development. He has even better ones later in the series (revolution and accepting his own power, power of souls etc..).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_directo_: Yeah Jin is a bit OP in verse lol.

Round 3 is the story as a whole.

Raijin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Jin-Woo stomps badly. Just finished the LN and there is nothing Bam could do to win this

2. Solo Leveling/Jin-Woo easy. The art is amazing. Tower of God got quite good as well but it started a little bit underwhelming.

3. ToG by far. Even though I like SL more as a whole and definitely like the way the story turns into at the end it's just too simple to compete with ToG.

4. Unpopular opinion but I'd give it to Jin-Woo. In the LN his character development gets explained alot better imo. But I could just be biased since I like Jin-Woo as a character more.

El_directo_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raijin6: I haven't read the light novel, is it really that good?

Raijin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_directo_: I can only recommend it. It took a long time and you don't have the awesome visuals but all the extra information and side stories are really interesting. Also you can already read beyond season 1 and the rest of the story is awesome. Can't wait for it to be drawn in the manhwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raijin6: Where did you read the LN? I would like the read them.

Raijin6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaffeinated: i read it on

https://readlightnovels.net/only-i-level-up.html

LordTwigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jin

Hemiche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baam one shot the fodder 🌊

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sung from what I've heard

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny enough I’ve never seen supreme101 (if it’s the guy I’m thinking about) give a good take

PrinceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what can jin do?

he needs a lot of hax and speed to keep up with baam.