No Caption Provided

Versus

Might Gai:

No Caption Provided

Rules.

• Equal stats at every point.
  • composite versions for all.
  • No equipment at all.
  • No offensive Jeabongchim or limit removers for Jin.
  • No time limit for Gai.
  • In character, but very serious.
  • location: Indestructable and unnihabited planet with Earth's atmosphere.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Gai

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garou or Jin. Gai has no notable skill feats to be able to compete here, while Garou and Jin have plenty. Garou, however, has better adaptation and regeneration, which mighy allow him to outlast or surpass Jin.

Overall, I'd say Garou wins 6 or 7 times out of 10.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garou or Jin. Gai has no notable skill feats to be able to compete here, while Garou and Jin have plenty. Garou, however, has better adaptation and regeneration, which mighy allow him to outlast or surpass Jin.

Overall, I'd say Garou wins 6 or 7 times out of 10.

Gai had precog/prediction in one if the fillers.

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jin outskills both

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

Equal stats at every point? If that's the case probably Garou.

pmcinelly784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Equal sats? Garou >= Jin >>> Gai when it comes to pure martial arts skills.

If it was an all-out fight Jin would win though

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 juiceboks  Moderator

Pretty sure Jin is on a whole different level skill-wise.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 socajunkie  Moderator

I’ve always felt Guy’s skill is overrated.

vsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know about gin, but Garou > guy, Garou litteraly combined 14-18 martial art styles into 1 and has actually fought against other martial art users

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

I've thought about this before. I think Jin has way better technical skill feats than Garou. Precog and adaptation would have been a major problem, but recently Jin beat Dean who can see seconds into the future. Plus he could probably just copy Garou's fighting style to circumvent that.

Xdragon2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d say either Jin or garou but garou has a huge advantage in regeneration but I definitely would say Jin has more skill than garou this is tough

Gai is a literal non factor here

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sy8000

Mori's vastly more skilled. Garou can only get off on adaptation and copying for so long.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jin is pretty much the most impressive martial artist in recent fictional memory at least for me. None really come close in feats and showings.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've thought about this before. I think Jin has way better technical skill feats than Garou. Precog and adaptation would have been a major problem, but recently Jin beat Dean who can see seconds into the future. Plus he could probably just copy Garou's fighting style to circumvent that.

He beat Dan only because of massively greater stats, skill and experience. The difference between him and Gai is nowhere near as big as the difference between him and Dan.

Not to mention, Gai's precog allowed him to predict Lee's 500th move, just sayin.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 higherpower  Moderator

@streak619: I was talking about Garou. Gai is massively out of his weight class.

He beat Dean mostly due to skill and experience. And Dean has authentic future sight, so that definitely factors here. Garou's precog won't help him because of that and his adaptation would violate stats being equal, which I assume shouldn't be allowed seeing as limit removers aren't. Then again, it depends on what level their stats are equalized to.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@streak619: I was talking about Garou. Gai is massively out of his weight class.

He beat Dean mostly due to skill and experience. And Dean has authentic future sight, so that definitely factors here. Garou's precog won't help him because of that and his adaptation would violate stats being equal, which I assume shouldn't be allowed seeing as limit removers aren't. Then again, it depends on what level their stats are equalized to.

Again, the difference between all three aren't anywhere near as great as between Jin and Dan.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gai.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jin takes it.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 higherpower  Moderator

@streak619: I don't get what you're trying to say.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Streak619

@higherpower said:

@streak619: I don't get what you're trying to say.

Jin won against Dan because of the huge experience and skill gap. That was how he overcame Dan's precog.

Both Garou and Gai have movement predictive precog. However the gap between all of their skill is nowhere near as large as the gap in skill between Jin and Dan.

So how will Jin overcome their precog?

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26 socajunkie  Moderator

I wouldn't call the 500th move feat precog.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5
deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll side with Jin mori

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@streak619: What?

- Dean's precog >>>> Garou and Guy's.

- Jin can counter Dean's precog.

- Therefore, Jin can counter Garou and Guy's precog.

This line of logic doesn't seem particularly hard to understand. The "gap" between other facets of their skill have virtually nothing to do with this, and Jin is superior in all of them regardless.

DaysInthewest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d say either Jin or garou but garou has a huge advantage in regeneration but I definitely would say Jin has more skill than garou this is tough

Gai is a literal non factor here

Wrong . gai win the match

Xdragon2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daysinthewest: prove that he has the skills to match up with jin and garou

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 278

I dunno about much Jin but 8G Gai >> Monster Garou (since there is no time limit for Gai)

8G Gai w/o any time limit !!! Wow.. ıts brutal.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno about much Jin but 8G Gai >> Monster Garou (since there is no time limit for Gai)

Stats are equalised.

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@streak619: Then whats the point ? I kinda hate stat equalized threads its pointless. Makes the debate one sided or stalemate.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@streak619: Then whats the point ? I kinda hate stat equalized threads its pointless. Makes the debate one sided or stalemate.

The point is to have a battle of skill. A battle that is solely dependant on skill.

This^ is the reason stats are equalised. If they weren't, Gai would oneshot Garou and Jin would sneeze them out of existance.

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@streak619: Since Garou got regen power how we can compare combat skill ? If it is then Gai is the superior.. If we're gonna look up to the survivor of the fight then it could be Jin or Garou..

With these conditions its most likely Gai or Jin.

DaysInthewest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DaysInthewest

@xdragon2002 said:

@daysinthewest: prove that he has the skills to match up with jin and garou

gai blitz jin and garou with 8gate XD

you need to step up you're game chump

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

like everyone has been saying, gai is worthless in this battle

jin would likely stalemate garou

Xdragon2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daysinthewest: this is equal stats if it wasn’t Jin would literally destroy everyone here since he has tanked planets destroying on him

Lifts a staff that weighs more than mars regularly and he extinguished the sun for a brief period of time with a kick

DaysInthewest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daysinthewest: this is equal stats if it wasn’t Jin would literally destroy everyone here since he has tanked planets destroying on him

Lifts a staff that weighs more than mars regularly and he extinguished the sun for a brief period of time with a kick

youre headcanon dont mean anything . gai blitz jin before jin do anything

SMH

Raziel2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Raziel2014

Jin Mori or Garou take this with ease, Gai has no place here he has no noticeble skill or technique that puts him anywhere close, he is a normal guy with amazing resolution and commitment, not a genius in martial arts or anything having to do with fighting, this is what makes him and lee special. hard to believe but gai is not a genius and against genius level fighters like Garou or Jin he has no place

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7c40870d0af
deactivated-5b7c40870d0af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy is a master martial artist, one of the best H2H fighters in Naruto's history. He's quite skilled, enough to predict his opponents movements just by watching their feet.

That said, Jin is a monster and should take this after some back and forth between him and Garou.

Xdragon2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daysinthewest: actually all I have said is canon fact that’s all shown in the series

Also look at th title it says equal stats

Killmonger101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xdragon2002 said:

youre headcanon dont mean anything . gai blitz jin before jin do anything

SMH

Days, he cannot blitz with equalized stats. This is mostly about skill. Is Gai more skilled than Jin or Garou? If so, elaborate.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How skilled is Jin?

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: reading just the first couple of chapters of GoH will show you just how skilled he is. Tbh I’m not yet caught up with it( I’m like 10 chapters away) but jin’s Skill is simply magnificent he’s a total beast skill wise. The author spent a lot of time showcasing that.

There is nothing I have seen in naruto that holds a candle to Jin skill wise

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By higherpower  Moderator

@thewatcherking said:

How skilled is Jin?

This is a post written by me that should give you an idea.

Skill

Mori is a martial artist, and the art he practices is known as Renewal Taekwondo (I'll either call it re-taekwondo or RT for short). It was created by his Grandpa Tae Jin-Jin in modern day South Korea. It's based of Northern ITF Taekwondo, and emphasizes speed and power with straightforward kicks; as opposed to it's predecessor (ITF being obsessed with the flamingo stance). I'll run over all of his main techniques in renewal.

Renewal Taekwondo

3rd Stance Hwechook- This is Mori's signature and trademark technique. 3rd Stance Hwechook is a kick that's executed three times in a row; a consecutive attack that gathers centrifugal force on a focal point and delivers all the weight to his opponents head. Jin first throws a kick to one side of his opponents head, then turns around and kicks the other side, and finally finishes by spinning to back to deliver a kick to the rear of his opponents brain, shaking them in three different ways. The force of being knocked one way and the collision of being knocked the other increases the damage of a single kick by two or three times normal. If the opponent flinches or tries to move back the damage is increased.

Here are some examples of Jin using it in combat:

(againts Man-Duk)

pure badass

(Against Han)

(Against the Prince)

(Mori Hui against the King)

Gaurd-Breaker (aka Homi Geolyi or Hoe Hook)

As a name implies, it is a technique where the user slides there leg in between the opponents gaurd and yanks down, breaking the defense and leaving them open for a second attack. It is almost always used in conjunction with Third Stance Hwechook.

No Caption Provided

Examples of it being used are mainly with 3rd stance. The stand out examples are with Han, the Prince and the King.

Northen IF Taekwondo has their own variation used by Sujin (Jin also used it against her a few pages earlier):

Satan even got the hang of it:

Hoe Grab and Dragon Catcher- The user feints a reverse kick and instead lock one of their legs around the back of the opponents neck and spins them. Dragon Catcher is a stronger variation that picks up the opponent and drops them into the ground. Hoe grab can be used as a combination with Spinning top kick or a Hwechook.

Dragon Catcher

Hoe Grab + Dragon Catcher

No Caption Provided

Uses extreme bottom Hwechook and catching dragon against sujin (translations are different but it's the same technique)

No Caption Provided

Spinning Top Kick - Also used in conjuction with Guard breaker. With his back turned toward his opponent, jin spins around 180 degrees and delivers a high kick to their face, while simultaneously kicking their leg

No Caption Provided

Dragon Sign Hwechook and Jin Hwechook- A strong linear kick that relieves a massive amount of force. There are two versions that are all closely related.

Jin Hwechook-

Extreme Bottom Hwechook- The user ducks an upper body attack and slides to the ground, spinning with a back kick to the opponents leg

Ground Drawer- A kick that rips through the ground while spinnig. The user then slashes upward and disturbs airflow in that area

No Caption Provided

Baekdu- A technique where the user flies towards the opponent and attacks with a piercing knee strike. The original ITF version was used to induce an opponents guard and grab the back of their head, unleashing a flurry of knee strikes

Renewal Scissors- A flying scissor kick aimed at the opponents head

No Caption Provided

Axe- The user launches themselves in the air, completing a front-flip before swinging their leg downward for an Axe kick. It can be used in conjunction with the scissor kick

No Caption Provided

Jin Mori Original: Ice kick- A technique created by Jin after observing the behavior of wind turbulence during his match with Ilpyo. It is created by absorbing both kicks power and was capable of nullfying Ilpyo's fire chook.

Rising back kick- An upward kick that extends through the opponents jaw. The user completes it after spinning and shifts their weight, taking advantage of the force

Reverse sweeping kick- After spinning in a wide arc, the user kicks the opponent in a lopsided fashion. It's similar to the rising back kick, and Hui used it as a counter to the kings reverse gravity, after he attempted the extreme bottom (or lowest round kick) hwechook

Renewal Arang- An elbow strike that sends a shockwave through an opponent

scans in reverse

Roundhouse Kick- A roundhouse kick is a roundhouse kick lol. Just stronger cuz Jin is doing it :P

No Caption Provided

Recoilless kick- A stronger variation of the roundhouse kick that attacks the sky and ground at the same time. First used against Bishop R

Mori Hui originals- Mori Hui is jin's clone. All things considered, his feats and skills should transfer

Complete gift set-

Kicking Imoogi-

There are a crap ton of techniques I missed, but i didn't wanna scan bomb. Just know that's only about half of the actual techniques he's shown on panel for RT

Nabong Needle Ryu (acupuncture)

A type of martial arts that makes use of acupunture skills to attack it's opponent; mainly using fingers like needles to pierce vital pressure points of the body. Jin learned it after studying a textbook and memorizing a complete and detailed dissection of the human body. It was likely created by Na Bong-Chim, and can be used to heal, attack or revive oneself

Acupuncture Skill- By tapping various pressure points he can stop bleeding, heal wounds, and reduce injuries.

And again with Sujin-

Blood Sealing Needle- A technique where Mori taps pressure points on his opponents body and seals their blood flow, causing blood clots which result in internal damage in excess. Since the blood accumulates and clogs in that region it likely causes some damage to organs too

This is a better example-

Blood Vessel Bongchim- Jin also has the ability to paralyse or temporarily immobilize his opponents by poking certain pressure points. When he used it on 666: Satan he was unable to move, frozen in place while Jin beat him up

He also used that technique on Sujin

No pain- By hitting a pressure point in the heart, Jin can turn off pain receptors. Without any feeling of pain, he can fight without hindrance and gains a boost in speed and power

No Caption Provided

Limiter Removal - By tapping a pressure point on his brain, Jin can remove the natural restrictions and limits placed on his body, allowing him to reap a massive boost in speed and strength. He can multiply his power up to 250,000x his base stats.

Technique Mimicry

Jin can copy any physical technique or martial art he sees. So stuff like Fork, Knife, Kugi Punch, (and maybe Enbu) could get copied.

No Caption Provided

Full Contact Karate

Kyokushin Karate is a martial arts copied from Han Dae-Wi

1st Stance: Basaltic Fist- The user interrupts the opponents defense with a strong explosive punch

Couldn't find the scan of Mori using it lol

Basaltic Uppercut- Similar to the basaltic fist but aimed towards the air, blasting the opponent upwards

No Caption Provided

Kick of the Red Phoenix- This technique send a shockwave into the ground with a kick

Dance of the White Tiger- A barrage of punches and kicks used to add up to the Blue Dragon wave

Here are scans explaining all of them-

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wolfgang Swordsmanship (moonlight sword style)- A swordsmanship fighting style copied from Yu Mi-Ra

Palm Strike (tong bei quan) - The user opens their palm and extends their hand, sending a wave of chi through their opponent

Barehand Slice - Turns the hand into a bladed weapon capable of easily cutting through flesh

No Caption Provided

Basic vertical slash- Mori uses Yeoui in place of sword for this technique, which, as the name implis, is a basic vertical slash

Mori Jin Originals

Jin Hwechook and Kick of the Blue Dragon fall under this category, but I'll go in depth with it later in the opener. For now I'll try to keep the skill section relatively short

And the following is a post written by @sy8000 that is also very good.

Pumba Verses

Pumba Verses are a set of moves used for staff fighting which Hui uses when wielding Yeoui. For some explanation it's shown one factor of it is to make use of all the users muscles:

Hui has shown knowledge of Pumba Verse 19: Dog Seller, a move which involves creating cyclone force by spinning the staff in one's hand which he uses effectively here:

To demonstrate the physics bending absurdity this style can achieve Hallyang Seo (Hui's teacher) actually makes his staff bend around and smack Hui in the back of the head. Nothing suggests the staff had special capabilities or that this was achieved by anything other than god tier skill. Again not trying to scale Hui off him but show what level GoH martial arts can attain (although Hallyang has admitted he is incapable of beating Hui).

I'll finish this off my post by showing the Accolades for Renewal Taekwondo by comparing it to ITF's accomplishments:

Re-Taekwondo was developed as an answer for Itf Taekwondo. Itf Taekwondo itself is an incredibly refined martial art which draws from Kung Fu and numerous other techniques picked out for their various strengths to achieve perfection. A skilled user can defeat 50 martial artists without any damage or difficulty.

Re-Taekwondo is developed successfully as a counter and superior style to Itf.

Mori (the original, before regaining memories and god powers) lived up to this by quite soundly defeating an Itf Taekwondo user who displayed the strength to cause large and powerful shockwaves that filled the ring and sliced outwards toward the arena (remember that neither Jin nor his opponent are superhuman in-universe and this is all a tier of stats achieved by skill).

These should be decently informative, as this is only the tip of the iceberg. Jin as many, many more showings than the ones posted here, since GoH is still airing and he's getting more feats.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@higherpower: Thanks.

OT: It seems like Jin wins, I don't think Garou would beat him with the feats he has currently.

Scythenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jin stomps both of them. Monster garou stomps 8 gates gai. Jin > monster garou > 8 gates gai.

Bigdudu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

since their stats are equalized, Jin and Garou will just keep adapting to each others moves . And at some point of the fight, Gai will just fall off cause his martial skills all depended on his hard work, not raw talent.

Meaning fighting 2 opponents with godly talent , who can adapt and perfectly copy a move after seeing it once ,will turn very badly for Gai.

As for the other two, it pretty much comes down to who has better stamina

NoQualms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not Gai, I could accept Garou over Jin maybe 6/10 but I can't put guy's skill over either of these guys.