Oh this should be good.

#3 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh this should be good.

Jin Mori can lift planets you know.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5
#4 Edited by deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5 (1472 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump im gonna love reading this

#5 Posted by Sy8000 (35076 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora stomps. Minority World or Hungry Space. Mori has no counter for Gourmet Luck either.

#6 Posted by Tetsujin (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Just so you guys know, Midora can make himself completely invisible on top of all the other crazy overpowered stuff he can do. He can literally kill you without you ever knowing he was there, if he so chose.

#7 Posted by Helloman (28515 posts) - - Show Bio

I asseverate that Midora wins.

#8 Posted by risingtide (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora is too versatile.

#9 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sakaar said:

Just so you guys know, Midora can make himself completely invisible on top of all the other crazy overpowered stuff he can do. He can literally kill you without you ever knowing he was there, if he so chose.

He's only done that once though, it isn't an ability he uses often.

#10 Posted by mrx1122 (2919 posts) - - Show Bio

midora

#11 Edited by Tetsujin (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343: More than once, actually. After he ate Century Soup, when Ichiryu showed up at his HQ and against Ichiryu when he fought him, IIRC.

#12 Posted by KingZod (3915 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora strictly because of Mori's lack of matter manipulation resistance.

#13 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sakaar said:

@leo-343: More than once, actually. After he ate Century Soup, when Ichiryu showed up at his HQ and against Ichiryu when he fought him, IIRC.

He's only used it in combat once I mean, which was against Ichiryu, he never did it again.

#14 Posted by Tetsujin (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343: I get what you're saying, but it's still an option he can use in combat. He can also copy any abilities he sees Jin use, also.

#15 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sakaar said:

@leo-343: I get what you're saying, but it's still an option he can use in combat. He can also copy any abilities he sees Jin use, also.

It isn't an option he's likely to use though since it's rare for him to do so, it was nowhere to be seen against Joa or Acacia.

As far as copying abilities go, he isn't Amazo, he can't do it on the fly, it takes time and it works by them first using the ability on him, not by seeing it.

#16 Posted by Tetsujin (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343: That's because he no longer needed to use it once he acquired Minority World and Food Luck. But, if he fought someone that was massively superior statistically, there's no reason why he couldn't use it again.

And yes, it does take some time for him to copy abilities, but that's where the invisibility comes in. That would allow him to safely copy abilities without dying in the process.

#17 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sakaar said:

@leo-343: That's because he no longer needed to use it once he acquired Minority World and Food Luck. But, if he fought someone that was massively superior statistically, there's no reason why he couldn't use it again.

And yes, it does take some time for him to copy abilities, but that's where the invisibility comes in. That would allow him to safely copy abilities without dying in the process.

I'm just not buying him using an ability he only used once, to do so here would be out of character, but feel free to disagree.

For him to copy a power he needs his Mirror Neurons to experience it though, just watching it in action won't do anything.

#18 Posted by Tetsujin (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343: But I already explained why he had no reason to use it. It's not like I'm saying he'll start off invisible. No, he'd use Minority World and Food Luck at the start of the fight. But, assuming those don't work, I don't see why he couldn't turn invisible as a last resort.

And yeah, it would definitely be a last resort.

#19 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sakaar said:

@leo-343: But I already explained why he had no reason to use it. It's not like I'm saying he'll start off invisible. No, he'd use Minority World and Food Luck at the start of the fight. But, assuming those don't work, I don't see why he couldn't turn invisible as a last resort.

And yeah, it would definitely be a last resort.

It would have been a game changer against Acacia, especially after getting his Gourmet Luck absorbed, but no, he didn't use it.

#20 Posted by Marc_55 (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Midora, Jin can't counter his hax.

#21 Posted by Tetsujin (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343: Midora was completely enraged against Acacia, though. Anger lowers intelligence. He wasn't thinking straight. That wouldn't be the case against Jin.

#22 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sakaar said:

@leo-343: Midora was completely enraged against Acacia, though. Anger lowers intelligence. He wasn't thinking straight. That wouldn't be the case against Jin.

I'm not buying him using an ability he only demonstrated once. But agree to disagree, whatever.

#23 Posted by Tetsujin (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343: Not even as a last resort?

#24 Posted by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sakaar said:

@leo-343: Not even as a last resort?

Eh not really, not when he had ample opportunity in other fights but simply chose not to do it.

When a character uses an ability once in the entire series I leave it out of my debates unless they're out of character or have full knowledge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5
#25 Posted by deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5 (1472 posts) - - Show Bio

Figured everyone would choose midora lol

#26 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16045 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#27 Edited by Redzkz (3680 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorthanos:

Wait untill two more chapters get translated and GOH will have a character who can beat Midora.

But Jin probably loses.

#28 Posted by DeathHero61 (18686 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait doesn't Mori outstrip him on insane levels in terms of physicals??? And if Mori knows how Minority World works, couldn't he technically copy it?

#29 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16045 posts) - - Show Bio

@redzkz said:

@emperorthanos:

Wait untill two more chapters get translated and GOH will have a character who can beat Midora.

But Jin probably loses.

What do you mean. Who is the new character you are talking about. It's basically all over.

Plus 666 satan can beat Midora.

#30 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16045 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait doesn't Mori outstrip him on insane levels in terms of physicals??? And if Mori knows how Minority World works, couldn't he technically copy it?

Don't think Jin can copy abilities. Only satan can.

#31 Posted by DeathHero61 (18686 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathhero61 said:

Don't think Jin can copy abilities. Only satan can.

Yeah you're right, Jin can only copy physical skills, whereas Satan can copy powers my bad

#32 Posted by Sy8000 (35076 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Midora.

#33 Edited by Lcienimbus (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

As of latest chapter of GOH, Jin hit 666 With enough force to "turn off the universe for a second", can Midora top that ?

#34 Posted by Sy8000 (35076 posts) - - Show Bio

As of latest chapter of GOH, Jin hit 666 With enough force to "turn off the universe for a second", can Midora top that ?

All he did was put the sun out and it was for an infinitesimal fraction of a second. Also he had to use limit removers for that which he would never do on Earth.

#35 Posted by Lcienimbus (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: and the next chapter shattered the limiter that's been holding him back for the entire series

#36 Posted by Sy8000 (35076 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: and the next chapter shattered the limiter that's been holding him back for the entire series

There wasn't any limiter. Nothing suggests he was held back power-wise.

#37 Edited by Lcienimbus (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: ....read it, okay, the crown around his head is a limiter, he broke it in the last chapter when he defeated 666.

#38 Posted by Sy8000 (35076 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: ....read it, okay, the crown around his head is a limiter, he broke it in the last chapter when he defeated 666.

Since when was the crown a limiter? Unless there's something in the raws I don't know where that's stated.

#39 Posted by Lcienimbus (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: hmmmm I cant recall exactly what chapter it was, but it was stated that it started pressing into his head or something whenever he used too much power, if I can find it i'll let you know.

#40 Posted by Lcienimbus (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: here, its in the wiki

Loop of Binding: His headband limits his power, in exchange, it grant Jin Mo-Ri a certain form of protection. The Monkey King can't remove it on his own. It was cracked and finally destroyed in Jin Mo-Ri's fight against 666:Satan.

#41 Edited by Lcienimbus (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser (offtopic, but something I really wanted to ask) yesterday, I edited Jin Mo-ri's wiki page to include his power, but when I checked back today, he was removed from the character list, any idea why ?

#42 Posted by Grands (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Jin Mo ri Ftw.

#43 Posted by Redzkz (3680 posts) - - Show Bio

@redzkz said:

@emperorthanos:

But Jin probably loses.

What do you mean. Who is the new character you are talking about.

R. He devoured power of all dead gods and most of the Earth. Then he devoured some magical artifacts. Then he devoured himself, turned into infinity ouroboros (which looks cool) and was reborned as god. Now he can ressurect dead and who knows what else.

#44 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16045 posts) - - Show Bio

@redzkz: Oh damn. I wasn't expecting R to be much of a problem.

#45 Posted by Redzkz (3680 posts) - - Show Bio

@redzkz: Oh damn. I wasn't expecting R to be much of a problem.

You'l see in next two chapters what he can do. I did not expecting him to outhax Satan and Jade Emperor, but eh, the more the better. + Main villian is not yet appeared.

Avatar image for themultiversity
#46 Posted by TheMultiversity (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

Jin

#47 Posted by jasonhitto (1341 posts) - - Show Bio

Jin destroy toriko verse

#48 Posted by Sy8000 (35076 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: here, its in the wiki

Loop of Binding: His headband limits his power, in exchange, it grant Jin Mo-Ri a certain form of protection. The Monkey King can't remove it on his own. It was cracked and finally destroyed in Jin Mo-Ri's fight against 666:Satan.

The wiki can be edited by anyone. That's just an interpretation. Nothing is very clear.

@highaccuser (offtopic, but something I really wanted to ask) yesterday, I edited Jin Mo-ri's wiki page to include his power, but when I checked back today, he was removed from the character list, any idea why ?

No.

#49 Posted by Just_Banter (12354 posts) - - Show Bio
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

Yeah, the crown Jin wore was 100% a limiter. With it on, Satan thought he could beat Jin, 150,000 times amps or not. The second it got broken, his powers stopped working, he started crying, and suddenly saw Jin as a being from a higher plane of existence who he couldn't hope to even touch, let alone fight against, and proceeded to beg for his life.

So, you got base Jin who's planet level, then you got monkey king form Jin for a ludicrous amp, then you times that by 150,000, then you chuck another ludicrous amp on top of that, and that's the level current Jin is at.

#50 Posted by BeelzebubGOH (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Jin solos the verse no diff.

I'll wait till someone proves otherwise