User Lists: 0

Vulture pretty easily.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

We haven't seen vulture in a while so its hard to say what current vulture can do. The version pictured actually over powered SpOck so I imagine he wins. My understanding is Jessica is weaker than spider-man.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jashro44 said:

My understanding is Jessica is weaker than spider-man.

Can I actually ask, why do you think this?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

My understanding is Jessica is weaker than spider-man.

Can I actually ask, why do you think this?

i just haven't seen her do anything at his level. I don't know much about her.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vulture

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Amendment50

@jashro44:I recommend checking out her respect thread in my bio. She regularly performs at Spider-Man level; imo in strength alone she is actually marginally better. Her performance against Spider-Man level characters is really strong, one-shotting Jessica Drew, one-shotting Scorpion, overpowering Green Goblin and beating Doc Ock.

She has Spider-Man level strength feats like picking up and throwing a car and clearing out an entire street with the shockwave of a punch. In the current Defenders run she was bloodying up Diamondback in the same fight where he tanked an Iron Fist.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vulture

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Jessica

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 anthp2000  Moderator

@amendment50: Would you say Jessica will ever get her full set of superpowers (flight) in the MCU?

Actually, would you say they can pull this off?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44:I recommend checking out her respect thread in my bio. She regularly performs at Spider-Man level; imo in strength alone she is actually marginally better. Her performance against Spider-Man level characters is really strong, one-shotting Jessica Drew, one-shotting Scorpion, overpowering Green Goblin and beating Doc Ock.

She has Spider-Man level strength feats like picking up and throwing a car and clearing out an entire street with the shockwave of a punch. In the current Defenders run she was bloodying up Diamondback in the same fight where he tanked an Iron Fist.

My issue with a lot of these feats is they rely on ABC logic. I don't like using that as a measure of a characters abilities unless that is all we have to gauge a character on. A character is only really as powerful as a writer needs them to be so its just not a reliable way to measure a characters power IMO.

I'm not to impressed by throwing cars. Peter has thrown a forklift before (I'd have to dig up the scans). He's also swung around 2 cars before with his webbing using one hand each:

No Caption Provided

Looking at your respect thread it looks like Jessica created a shockwave but it looks like everyone was on top of Cage and dog piling him. I'm guessing she punched the dog pile and send those guys flying with one punch. It also looks like there is a blur in the middle of the dog pile as well which I am guessing is Jessica, because she says afterwards "that hurt". So if I am reading the scan correctly she generated a lot of momentum as well. I'm guessing she flew down from a building or something?:

Peters been able to do similar to Flash with just his punches:

No Caption Provided

I can't comment on the diamondback stuff at all. I saw the fight between iron fist and diamondback a while back but I can't remember details. My initial response would be the same as I said talking about performances with green goblin, dock ock, etc. that I am not sure its totally reliable.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Not likely, but she does already have pseudo-flying and that's good enough for me. My only problem is that they seemed to have forgotten that she had that power in Defenders which is disappointing because it's the one superpower that none of the other Defenders have (There was this scene where Matt parkours his way up to the next floor and Jessica takes the elevator. Would have been a great time for her to just leap up there, wasted opportunity imo :P Not a big deal though)

I like her power level in the MCU as it is though. The Defenders are supposed to be a street level team as opposed to the Avengers. She's supposed to be weaker than Luke Cage. And if they increased everyone's power levels to align with the comics they wouldn't really fit into the verse very well. Especially considering Jessica's own show is based on her original run in Alias where she was heavily depowered. Jessica Jones as a show is not very action heavy so she shouldn't be too overpowered. She's just supposed to be an ass-kicking detective not a human tank like Cage lol.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Vulture overpowered Spider-Man then I'd give it to him.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Amendment50

@jashro44: If we are determining Vulture's advantage here by the fact that he has overpowered Spider-Man then I don't see why we shouldn't do the same for Jessica who has overpowered opponents very much like Vulture that have dealt with Spider-Man in the same way. Vulture has had plenty of trouble with Daredevil, it's not as though scaling him is 100% reliable.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: If we are determining Vulture's advantage here by the fact that he has overpowered Spider-Man then I don't see why we shouldn't do the same for Jessica who has overpowered opponents very much like Vulture that have dealt with Spider-Man in the same way. Vulture has had plenty of trouble with Daredevil, it's not as though scaling him is 100% reliable.

The vulture in the OP is different from the vulture that fought daredevil. The vulture in the OP has gravity powers and has SpOck admit that this version of vulture is stronger. And this was Dan Slotts spider-man who actually has crazy strength feats. Regardless for something more measurable there is also this:

No Caption Provided

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

If Vulture overpowered Spider-Man then I'd give it to him.

He did.

No Caption Provided

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Amendment50

@jashro44: As far as I am aware the only difference between the Vulture that fought Daredevil and the one that overpowered Superior Spider-Man is enhanced gravity manip abilities that lets him apply greater amounts of force. Maybe I am wrong and he has an actual physical amp but otherwise there is no reason that should validate ABC scaling in his case especially considering he has fluctuated between Spider-Man level and much lower even when there were no amps to speak of at all.

One impressive lifting feat is nice but it's really the only thing he has. Honestly I fail to see how getting Ock in a chokehold is a game changer, Jessica has done almost the exact same thing to Green Goblin and that was with one hand. Vulture clearly did not even have much of a strength advantage because Ock broke out of the hold in like two panels just by blinding him. And it's shown on panel that the flash of light itself did not make him let go.

And the only reason Vulture was able to get Ock in that position in the first place is by abusing his mobility advantage and Ock's low webbing neither of which is an advantage he would have here. Even with the amp his performance was honestly pretty shoddy and he's physically frail compared to Jessica.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50:

As far as I am aware the only difference between the Vulture that fought Daredevil and the one that overpowered Superior Spider-Man is enhanced gravity manip abilities that lets him apply greater amounts of force. Maybe I am wrong and he has an actual physical amp but otherwise there is no reason that should validate ABC scaling in his case especially considering he has fluctuated between Spider-Man level and much lower even when there were no amps to speak of at all.

Gravity manipulation is how vulture is as strong as he is and its how he was going to snap spider-mans neck. There is no inconsistency. Vulture over powered spider-man using his new powers. As for the daredevil vs vulture fight daredevil lost the first fight, and he won the second fight by luring vulture to a room enclosed in darkness. Even than he actually exhausted himself just knocking vulture.

One impressive lifting feat is nice but it's really the only thing he has.

Quality over Quantity. Vulture ripping a water tower from the roof and effortlessly throwing it is way past the strength required to throw cars.

Honestly I fail to see how getting Ock in a chokehold is a game changer, Jessica has done almost the exact same thing to Green Goblin and that was with one hand.

Norman isn't as strong spider-man. Peters handled Norman when serious many times. Besides Jessica had Norman by the throat but he never actually grabbed Jessicas hand and tried to over power her. He was falling, and his glider rammed her from behind but there was no attempt from Norman to actually break free unless there is more to this fight:

Vulture clearly did not even have much of a strength advantage because Ock broke out of the hold in like two panels just by blinding him. And it's shown on panel that the flash of light itself did not make him let go.

Oh come on. Vulture likely loosened his grip when the light blinded him. If Otto could have over powered him he would have. The fact that Otto had to resort to trickery means he was being over powered.

And the only reason Vulture was able to get Ock in that position in the first place is by abusing his mobility advantage and Ock's low webbing neither of which is an advantage he would have here. Even with the amp his performance was honestly pretty shoddy and he's physically frail compared to Jessica.

Vulture being less durable is a good point. That said Vulture has been known to use the air to cushion the impact of spider-mans punches:

No Caption Provided

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Jessica can throw blows with Moonstone, she wins