User Lists: 0

Thor solos

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Thor and Apocalypse, barely. I can be convinced otherwise.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Jay speed steals for the win

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Team.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By reaverlation

@superguy1591: Yeah grandpa Jay who casually reacts in nanoseconds and physically went toe to toe with Black Adam and was overwhelming him.Also the ability to speed steal like Jay did to Superman and Black Adam.Thor isn't beating Jay

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

some of these battles boggle my mind!

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocalypse holds up force field while Thor uses lighting to eventually get jay with finishing blow and since is Blood-Lusted Thor could go warrior Madness and end jay otherwise IMO

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jwwprod

Thor & Apocalypse working together are to much.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: Yeah grandpa Jay who casually reacts in nanoseconds and physically went toe to toe with Black Adam and was overwhelming him.Also the ability to speed steal like Jay did to Superman and Black Adam.Thor isn't beating Jay

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apoc solos you can't speed steal someone who has total control of their own molecules and is a better energy manipulator

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dredeuced

@thanosii said:

Apoc solos you can't speed steal someone who has total control of their own molecules and is a better energy manipulator

Why can't you speed steal someone who has control over their own molecules?

edit: To explain, Amazo, who had Martian Manhunter's abilities -- including the one that, you know, allows him control over his own molecules and thus unfettered regeneration + shapeshifting -- was speed stolen by Wally just fine.

Not that I'm saying Jay wins, I'm just wondering where you got the distinction that people who can control their own molecules are immune to having their kinetic energy stolen. Beyond Martian Manhunter, other speedsters who have had their speed stolen all control their molecules as a base set to their powers.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hear me out ladies,

Thor has tagged opponents that are FTL before. His reflexes don't follow the laws of physics apparently, so Jay's speed is irrelevant.

The speed steal is the only weapon that would be effective here, but, correct me if I'm wrong, Jay, unlike Wallace Rudolpho West, has to touch his opponents to steal their speed.

That means that Grandpa Jay and has to get up all close and personal to Thor who can swing that hammer fast enough to take his block right off.

Thor solos...IMHO.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dredeuced

@superguy1591 said:

Hear me out ladies,

Thor has tagged opponents that are FTL before. His reflexes don't follow the laws of physics apparently, so Jay's speed is irrelevant.

I'm done hearing you out. This is a terrible argument. Speed is not irrelevant against Thor and it has been shown literally dozens of times. Thor hasn't fought someone who was fighting him at FTL speeds in decades.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Superguy1591

@dredeuced: It doesn't matter how long it has been, it still happened. Unless it was retcon, it counts,

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lord44

This Grandpa gets stomped into the ground by Apoc's 1000 tons gigantic foot or by a 1.000.000.000.000.000.000 Volts magic Lightning or by a FTL Mjolnir right into the skull.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

thor and apocalypse would win but both being bloodlusted would stomp him

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: It doesn't matter how long it has been, it still happened. Unless it was retcon, it counts,

It does count, but if lesser feats happen more often, on a regular basis, they count more.

He has been blitzed by wolvie and remarked as "slow" by cap america, sort of recently.

He ain't touching Jay.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dredeuced

@superguy1591 said:

I'm not even sure Classic Thor has outright battled someone at FTL speeds, but let's assume you're right. It's still inconsistent with Thor's modern feats. Thor is much, much more consistently shown to be much slower in combat speed. Let's take a quote from the rules thread:

What Can You Use?

Like most things in the fight, the following may vary depending on what the thread creator chooses to allow. Despite, or maybe because of, how much debate there’s been on this area (check old threads in the Battle Forum) this section is rather small. What I have here is what I think most people agree on.

Things that aren’t canon are not used in battles unless otherwise stated by the creator of the thread. For things that are canon, an understanding of the character as a whole helps determine what they can do in fights. For example, one time feats, crossover feats, powers/abilities that haven’t been used in a long time (but haven’t been specifically removed) are not to be dismissed out of hand, but they should be weighed against regular appearances and displays of abilities. Don’t just use a character’s best showings to determine what they can do, and don’t just use their worst showings to limit them.

---

Weigh Thor's combat speed from a couple of ages old classic scans that, while not technically retconned, certainly contradict his ability in the modern day. Weigh them against the dozens, nay, hundreds of times Thor has been depicted slower in the last 20-30 years and tell me "it still counts." Weight it against the fact that high ranking Marvel editors have stated Thor isn't particularly fast when it comes to combat, despite his ability to travel vast distances quickly. Sure, it counts, but it counts less than hundreds of other showings. Thor can't fight at FTL speeds. He more consistently struggles with street levelers, speedwise.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: wow nano seconds which thor has easily outperformed by doig micro seconds reaction

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: What? People who react in nanoseconds are at least 1,000 times faster than a user who has reacted in microseconds, especially since Thor has contradicted that showing with his more modern showings of having street leveler speed

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hear me out ladies,

The speed steal is the only weapon that would be effective here, but, correct me if I'm wrong, Jay, unlike Wallace Rudolpho West, has to touch his opponents to steal their speed.

That means that Grandpa Jay and has to get up all close and personal to Thor who can swing that hammer fast enough to take his block right off.

Thor solos...IMHO.

IIRC he doesn't have to he just touched superman to explain what was happening to him

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: check your facts micro seconds are faster than nano seconds

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: ...Microseconds are faster than nanoseconds? Then that must mean that Iron Fist reacts faster than Wally West and Zoom 0o0! Good golly! Iron Fist reacts faster than Superman! I never knew... Iron Fist reacts faster than Silver Surfer!...smh

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: Actually a nanosecond is about 1,000 times quicker/smaller than a microsecond.

reaverlation is indeed correct.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor N' A-Poc ftw

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

one of the slowest flashs vs 2 powerhouses and people are saying he beats them.then wonder why other viners are annoyed by flash.

I don't wonder.

I just know that people are ignorant to Flash comics. That's why they're annoyed.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

one of the slowest flashs vs 2 powerhouses and people are saying he beats them.then wonder why other viners are annoyed by flash.

I don't wonder.

I just know that people are ignorant to Flash comics. That's why they're annoyed.

And Jay would beat Thor anyways.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JackJack390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591: seriously?

Anyway no one solos but if they don't underestimate jay (probably will) and play it smart they stand a small chance.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By reaverlation

@jbourne_32: He was drawing blood from punching Black Adam.Also Jay can speed steal

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Drawing blood does not seem to impressive and Thor doesnt always need to move to attack

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbourne_32: You realize that Jay was able to phase and draw blood from Adam and leave almost completely helpless until Adam resorted to a thunderclap to stop Jay? Especially since Jay is insanely faster than Thor? And that Jay can take his speed like he did Clark and Teth,2 people, especially Superman, who are way faster than Thor?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Yes, but Apocalypse has molecule-manipulation. Your argument is invalid :P

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#47 frozen  Moderator

@reaverlation: wow nano seconds which thor has easily outperformed by doig micro seconds reaction

.............Nanosecond > Microsecond.

Jay does not react in Nanoseconds, he strategizes entire plans in Nanoesconds. His reactions are clearly much faster.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#48 frozen  Moderator

Though to be fair, Jay lost to Adam in their second fight.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Adam can't take a Jay going all out.

And wrong! Thor has microseconds like Iron Fist so both can react faster than Superman and Silver Surfer

@xiix: of course! He can turn people into guacamole!

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By XiiX

@reaverlation: It's one of the first/easiest/most probable thing Marvel based molecule-manipulators learn to do with the ability: turn their opponents into portions of a 3 course meal.

I'm sure the feats are everywhere.