• 73 results
#1 Posted by jagernutt (11809 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight happens in an abandoned building. Full bloodlust. Both get standard gear. Win buy death only. No prep.

#2 Posted by Renny (2649 posts) - - Show Bio

Todd

#3 Posted by jagernutt (11809 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@jagernutt: I'm so glad someone made a new Jason thread. My favorite DC character!

Without prep, I can see Gambit facing issues. A bloodlusted Jason can wreck the best gunmen in DC (including Deathstroke).

With enough starting distance and plenty of cover, Jason takes this mainly through his arsenal.

#5 Posted by jagernutt (11809 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@jagernutt: Cool! But it will be good if a Gambit fan would put forward his/her reasons as well.

Gambit has some impressing feats as well.

#7 Posted by jagernutt (11809 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by BabyDarkseid (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

RH

#9 Posted by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
#10 Posted by deactivated-5a89ca5697052 (8063 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (41614 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
#12 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#13 Edited by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason.

Avatar image for redhoodsavagery
#14 Posted by redhoodsavagery (212 posts) - - Show Bio

jason

#15 Posted by Rac95 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with Gambit. Guns aren't the most effective weapon against him, since he can dodge bullets and can actually block them with his staff.

His cards have a higher destructive potential, they were compared to grenades after all and he has his staff for close combat with similar potential. Plus he has been shown to use "IEDs".

Full bloodlust he probably goes for environmental destruction to get Jason in the blasts

He also had relapses in his death persona at some point after he supposedly "lost" his powers.

#16 Posted by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: So you're basically saying that Gambit can dodge each and every bullet Jason fires?

Even if Jason clips him once, I'm pretty sure it will slow him down a lot (kill if a headshot).

As far as dodging is concerned, RH has dodged Batarangs and smoke bombs and maybeee even bullets (ill have to check).

CQC for Jason would be a challenge due to the Staff but I imagine it won't come down to that.

#17 Posted by fenristhewolf (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@classicknight: Gambit is pretty fast -- https://imgur.com/a/5FT8Y. He can probably dodge a whole clip or block it -- http://i.imgur.com/wm6DywO.jpg

#18 Posted by Rac95 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

@classicknight: I am not saying he can't be hit, but Jason mostly uses pistols, whilst Gambit can react also to automatic fire and in combination with his explosive abilities he should be able to keep Jason from getting in a steady shot, not implying that Jason is a bad gunmen, it's just more difficult if you are pelted with explosives and the resulting debris. The AoE of it is Remys biggest advantage in this

Bloodlusted is just another advantage here due to his powers, because he wouldn't hold back. In character he'd probably rather dodge more then trying to blow him up

#19 Posted by Khael (15332 posts) - - Show Bio

@jagernutt: I'm so glad someone made a new Jason thread. My favorite DC character!

Without prep, I can see Gambit facing issues. A bloodlusted Jason can wreck the best gunmen in DC (including Deathstroke).

With enough starting distance and plenty of cover, Jason takes this mainly through his arsenal.

#20 Posted by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: Well I agree mostly.

Its just that the fact that BOTH the characters are bloodlusted, its gonna be a tough call. Jason won't go easy on Remy either.

(Oh and Jason has fully automatic rifles as his standard gear)

New 52 version used All Blades that posessed elemental powers. Those could assist him against Remy's staff.

#21 Edited by Rac95 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

@classicknight: Didn't knew the part with the automatics, since I only saw him with his two handguns. Although I don't read that much comics with him

Being bloodlusted is in my opinion just the bigger bonus for Gambit, since Jason has not as much morals as he does and would probably go for the kill this or that way.

Are the All Blades able to block the side effect of explosions? Because I think that is the biggest problem, if you want to fight CQC against Remy

#22 Edited by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: I'll describe the blades in short...

All-Blades: a pair of mystical blades made out of copper designed to kill magic-based threats, such as the Untitled. The blades are powered by the soul of the wielder. Jason once believed that the blades were indestructible, until Essence broke them. However, once Jason trully mastered the All-Caste's teachings, he gained access to the real All-Blades, being capable of summoning them to his hands by will.

Hope this helps :)

The blades should be able to fare well against the Staff as well as the Cards.

#23 Posted by Rac95 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

@classicknight: Thanks.

They sound kind of weird with the "powered by the soul" stuff, but if they can be summoned at will they can be a surprising factor in combat. Main question still remains though, do they only block the object itself or can they also stop energy, cause if it is only the first case he still has to suffer the shock behind the strike.

#24 Posted by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: New 52 Jason had to deal with lot of cosmic stuff. Thus his daggers aren't a big surprise.

And yep, the summoning at will is true (it happened quite recently in the comics).

Your argument is valid because I have never seen ANY character BLOCK a energy blast with a dagger. But instead, my viewpoint about them was that Jason could capture the element of surprise during CQC with Gambit if he is pinned or struggling and simply stab Remy. It could also prove to be a self sufficient melee weapon against the Staff (more like fencing).

Theoretically, elemental powered daggers 'could' withstand cosmic blasts, but I'm not too sure...

#25 Posted by Rac95 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

@classicknight: And I fully agree that the blades are a much better choice against a weapon user, but I think Gambits agile enough to not get completely caught by surprise. All in all I think he definitely has an edge if it gets close due to pure destructive power, even if Jason dodges and Remy hits the ground he still has the problem of the impact itself

No Caption Provided

Standing to close to something like that wouldn't be healthy

#26 Posted by jayskee (4476 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit

#27 Posted by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: Whoa! That scan is awesome...

Was Remy on steroids or something? Or is that general capability?

#28 Edited by Rac95 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

@classicknight That is his general level, his throwing projectils have also often been compared with cannonballs and grenades

#29 Edited by God_Spawn (41835 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit's charged staff has leveled a house. He's destroyed enough ground to send people flying, and a single card was powerful enough to blow up a solid chunk of a nightclub. This is a character that casually deflects bullets on a regular basis and has matched agility with Daredevil before. I don't see the guns being a giant factor, and with morals on Gambit has gotten more comfortable charging his opponents IE Daken, Captain America, a cyborg in his last solo series, and someone else but I'm brain farting. With that said, bloodlusted means he doesn't have to do a Cap like charge, and actually could put some more power into it. Gambit did fair decently against Steve, sort of stalemated Daredevil in said agility contest in an inconclusive fight, and has stalemated Blade. He's no slouch either in a fight.

I haven't kept up with RH in awhile, but if the All-Blades only work on magical sources then why would they be used here? Unless something changed that I'm missing.

#30 Posted by Rac95 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

@classicknight: Here are some other examples of his powers

No Caption Provided

Blows someone up using snow as weapon and charges the armor of another guy

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Explodes the ground beneath him

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Does it again

In the end of the series he receives an upgrade after his revival which allows him to do this

No Caption Provided

Evaporates a guy by spitting a bullet at him

#31 Posted by TheNoobStomper (764 posts) - - Show Bio

If its with prep, then Gambit just throws the 5 pieces of Exodia and its game over

#32 Posted by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: Those scans are indeed impressive. Unfortunately I'm on phone so unable to post scans atm. I wrote some feats and stats up for you:

Strength:

Breaks off the neck and arm of a large talon, good to note that Jason is the only one to beat a Talon on his own at this time, Damian defeated one with two others and Tim was still fighting his.

Chops off the arm of a large alien

Holds down the roof of a broken building

Pulls up a large rocket a strength feat since he was the only one who was on his own when pulling the rope

Cuts a dinosaurs head off

Cuts off another aliens arm

Flips Bane on his head, Bane weighs around 250-350 pounds.

Flips Suzie Sue while being pinned, Suzie Sue weighs around 600 pounds.

His kick makes Deathstroke fly

Kicks off an airplane door

Punches through an underwater submarine hull

Kicks Tim off incredibly high

One hand tosses an alien, Batman used two hands to throw him so he must have weight.

One hand tosses some terrorist out an airplane

Knees Lobo on the floor complete PIS imo.

Jason also has access to a specific type of venom like Banes although it is much stronger and does not turn him into a huge, mindless beast.

While on Venom was able to break Supergirl's grip off, this is the second time he broke her grip, the first time she was adjusting her power since she thought he was of humane strength but now she was prepared for his strength but he still broke out.

Destroys a large group of people on venom, these people are stronger than the average venom user as they were able to take on and withstandStarfire's blasts and she can barely hold back on her power.

While on Venom was able to break off the tentacles off an alien and KO him through slamming him on the floor

Skill:

1. Beats up a large group of Spyral trainees with the help of Dick Grayson

2. Beats up Batman in a fist fight

3. Beat Cassandra Cain easily, for reference, this is how Dick did against Cassandra, also cool to know he could get through her precognition, dick couldn'tm

4. Beats up a large group of Shiva trained Man-Bats

5. Easily beats the GCPD SWAT team, also doubles as a speed feat since he basically blitzed them before Bullok could barely react.

6. Beats Freeze and Talon at the same time

7. Defeats Deathstroke in a battle, Deathstroke was a tired and had limited healing, but Jason was also handicapped to only fight to hurt, not fight to kill and was just toying with him to waste his time.

8. Dodges and defeats Shiva with a unique fighting technique.

#33 Posted by Rac95 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

@classicknight: Thanks for that

I know a few of those feats you mention, but I have question in regard of those feats on Venom, does he always carry a dose of it with him?

#34 Posted by comic_book_fan (9709 posts) - - Show Bio

gambit

#35 Edited by Rac95 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

@classicknight: And also a few fun facts, they have nothing to do with his combat abilities

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gets knighted and steals the sword

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gets knighted again, this time in Avalon. The guy he pisses off is Pete Wisdom of the MI13

No Caption Provided

EDIT: I forgot the most important thing, he is definitively THE ladies man, I mean look at this

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And that were just her memories of him

#36 Posted by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: I love the last scans lol..

Well Jason was infused with Venom throughout events of new 52.

#37 Edited by Rac95 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

@classicknight: Glad that you like them...

Does his Venom use have some permanent effects though?

#38 Posted by vance_astro (90064 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by vance_astro (90064 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he wanted to tag you, since I guess you know a lot about, Todd?

Not really. I don't even read DC Comics anymore.

#41 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Rac95 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

@jardinain2 said:

I think he wanted to tag you, since I guess you know a lot about, Todd?

Not really. I don't even read DC Comics anymore.

I think it was exactly the other way round, that you posess more knowledge about Gambit

#43 Posted by Necromancer76 (3537 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason.

#44 Edited by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: Venom did have permanent effects on Jason (sort of). But limited in new 52. I wish versions were specified....

He was able to break off Supergirl's grip with ease.

#46 Posted by Thoromdil (1413 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit has a shot here

#47 Posted by Rac95 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

@classicknight: But does he have Venom as standard equipment? The Supergirl fact you mentioned was with active usage

#48 Posted by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: Thats the issue. New 52 Jason used to earlier take dosage for the Venom and later he switched to more permanent methods. BUT I have not seen any pre52 Venom appearences.

If all feats apply, theb we must assume that he does indeed have venom on him.

#49 Posted by Rac95 (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

@classicknight: Is it known if it enhances his durability and if yes how much? Could make a difference.

#50 Posted by ClassicKnight (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@rac95: First of all, what is Venom?

Venom is a highly addictive super-steroid. It was originally based on the Hourman’sMiraclo formula although it does not have the same 60 minute limitation as Miraclo. The drug, usually injected in a constant supply into the base of the neck would instantly transform someone into a hulking mass of unbridled physical strength. 

In many cases like in Bane's the durability also increases.

Do you want durability feats for Jason? I could post them as well.