• 74 results
#1 Posted by Fetts (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

Both have 2 hours prep. Fight takes place in the Batcave. The fight is to the death

Jango Fett is hired by the Joker to kill Batman. Robin spied on the meeting and warned Batman. After 2 hours, Jango finds the Batcave, but Batman gets the jump on him and disables his jetpack. 

No Caption Provided

vs 

No Caption Provided
#2 Posted by ssejllenrad (13110 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. Jango has a better chance with the backpack.

#3 Posted by Fetts (6234 posts) - - Show Bio
@ssejllenrad said:
" Batman. Jango has a better chance with the backpack. "
I know. I did that to make things equal :P
#4 Posted by Nefarious (35649 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins this fight since he has preparation.

#5 Edited by departed402 (574 posts) - - Show Bio

You screwed poor Jango. 
1. You gave Batman prep. Batman's prep > Anyone else's prep.
2. You took away his jetpack, and possibly the missile attached to it. 
3. The fight takes place on Batman's home turf? Talk about an advantage! 

Other things not working in Jango's favor: 
1. Batman has superior H2H skills. 
2. Jango's strength lies in ranged attacks, and Batman will surely move in close. 

I want Jango to win. I like Jango better, but for the reasons given above Batman takes the vast majority.

#6 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17568 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fetts: Does Jango have Kaminoian Saber Darts? or his Flamethrower? Wrist Blades? Does the Missile Launcher still work?

He could let Batman think he's winning then hit him with a saber dart, end of Batman. You need to put Jango's equipment.
#7 Posted by Fetts (6234 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mikepool said:
" @Fetts: Does Jango have Kaminoian Saber Darts? or his Flamethrower? Wrist Blades? Does the Missile Launcher still work? He could let Batman think he's winning then hit him with a saber dart, end of Batman. You need to put Jango's equipment. "
Jango Fett has his usual equipment. In a bounty hunter's case that's all of his weapons. And I think he could still use the jetpack. There's been different versions of how the missile is launched in Boba's /Jango's jetpack. But in Episode 2 I seem to recall he launched it by pressing something on the jetpack. So I imagine he could use it, but I doubt Batman will give him a chance to do so.
Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
#8 Posted by AmazingScrewOnHead (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@departed402: Nonsense Jango killed 5 or 6 armed jedi in h2h, Batman couldnt beat one. The overated bat dies horribly while Jango is not as smart as his son he is pretty damn tough and good at fighting. He has dealt with far worse than some guy in a cape.

Avatar image for blacklightning13
#9 Posted by Blacklightning13 (937 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a fight in Batmans fort knox. Not to mention he has 2 hours prep, some will complain that 2 hours isn't much. But Batman has prepped for every situation so that all it takes is him spending 30 minutes arming himself and getting out his weapons for it to be like he spent 3 days on prep.

#10 Posted by ShootingNova (25691 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: Actually, Jango has two Jetpacks.

#11 Posted by AverageMan (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@AmazingScrewOnHead said:

@departed402: Nonsense Jango killed 5 or 6 armed jedi in h2h, Batman couldnt beat one. The overated bat dies horribly while Jango is not as smart as his son he is pretty damn tough and good at fighting. He has dealt with far worse than some guy in a cape.

Could you show me where you got that from? Because imo what you just said is completely hogwash and even if it is true then I'd say it is PIS.

#12 Posted by Fetts (6234 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShootingNova: I remember Jango's jetpack being destroyed in Kamino and then he got a new one in Geonosis. Besides that I wouldn't know what you're talking about.
#13 Posted by AmazingScrewOnHead (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageMan:

"It was then that Fett would carry out the act that would make him both famous and infamous for the rest of his life and career: using no weapon beyond his own hands, feet, and armored body, Fett vengefully killed six Jedi, including the one responsible for Myles' death. His efforts, although impressive, couldn't change the outcome of the battle. Fett's True Mandalorians had fallen victim to the Death Watch's machinations and were wiped out; Fett, the sole Mandalorian survivor of the battle, was subdued by the Jedi and delivered into the custody of the Governor of Galidraan. Stripped of his armor, he was sold into slavery. The Death Watch had won"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jango_Fett

Sorry mate hogwash was it??

R.I.P Bruce wayne, lock this please, mismatch,curbstomp, call the police,

#14 Posted by AmazingScrewOnHead (785 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by AverageMan (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageMan:

"It was then that Fett would carry out the act that would make him both famous and infamous for the rest of his life and career: using no weapon beyond his own hands, feet, and armored body, Fett vengefully killed six Jedi, including the one responsible for Myles' death. His efforts, although impressive, couldn't change the outcome of the battle. Fett's True Mandalorians had fallen victim to the Death Watch's machinations and were wiped out; Fett, the sole Mandalorian survivor of the battle, was subdued by the Jedi and delivered into the custody of the Governor of Galidraan. Stripped of his armor, he was sold into slavery. The Death Watch had won"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jango_Fett

Sorry mate hogwash was it??

R.I.P Bruce wayne, lock this please, mismatch,curbstomp, call the police,

PIS it is then. They were trained jedi's, they were not able to kill him with their lightsabers and they didn't use the force on him. Yet Jango failed (miserably) to kill master windu.

Loading Video...
#16 Posted by guttridgeb (4881 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageMan: Mace Windu was one of the best swordsmen in the history of the Jedi. Its no surprise Jango couldn't take him down.

#17 Posted by AverageMan (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

@AverageMan: Mace Windu was one of the best swordsmen in the history of the Jedi. Its no surprise Jango couldn't take him down.

A bunty hunter who is able to kill 6 jedi knights unarmed actually shouldn't have any trouble defeating a jedi master or least put up a good fight. Or how come he wasn't able to kill Obi Wan although Jango had some help from his son (Boba fett).

Loading Video...

Starting at 0:47 both Obi Wan and Jango had a fight unarmed. A bunty hunter who is able to kill 6 armed Jedi's should be able to take at least an unarmed Jedi. I mean seriously how much more do you have to nerf a jedi until he is weak enough for Jango to kill?

#18 Edited by Wolfrazer (16193 posts) - - Show Bio
@AverageMan:  Agreed, whats worse is that comic is C-canon the same with Boba and him being able to hold his own against Vader. Both should be N-canon but are not. Jango/Boba seem to be the exception to having to conform to their G-canon counterparts.
#19 Posted by Fetts (6234 posts) - - Show Bio
@AverageMan: I wouldn't compare Star Wars movies and the EU. Just about every single Star Wars villain was downgraded in the movie due to plot device. If they had the villains remain with their EU status, Vader would of killed Luke in Episode 5, Boba would have killed them all with a missile in Episode 6, and Darth Sidious would have destroyed the entire rebel fleet with Force Storm. Secondly, the EU describes the story a little differently than the movies. For example, Darth Sidious was moving a whole lot faster in his duel with Mace Windu in the novel (EU) than he was in the movie. Sure it's canon, but if you want to compare that fight with Jango killing the 20 Jedi (it was actually 20), I'd read what the novel says (assuming there is a novel for Ep. 2).
#20 Posted by MasterJohn (2663 posts) - - Show Bio

Jango would not be able to take Kit Fisto. All Batman needs to do is show up with the right equipment, right items and he wins. Such as explosive batarangs, Machette, equipitment that could deflect Jango's laser beams, fire proof vest. Etc.

#21 Posted by AverageMan (148 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts said:

@AverageMan: I wouldn't compare Star Wars movies and the EU. Just about every single Star Wars villain was downgraded in the movie due to plot device. If they had the villains remain with their EU status, Vader would of killed Luke in Episode 5, Boba would have killed them all with a missile in Episode 6, and Darth Sidious would have destroyed the entire rebel fleet with Force Storm. Secondly, the EU describes the story a little differently than the movies. For example, Darth Sidious was moving a whole lot faster in his duel with Mace Windu in the novel (EU) than he was in the movie. Sure it's canon, but if you want to compare that fight with Jango killing the 20 Jedi (it was actually 20), I'd read what the novel says (assuming there is a novel for Ep. 2).

Actually it is the other way around. Just about every single Star Wars villian was upgraded in the comics to make them more interesting than their non interesting movie versions. Jedi's are some very respected, skilled swordsmen and possess a powerful force. I didn't really care about the novel or about this thread (no offense) until AmazingScrewOnHead posted this @AmazingScrewOnHead said:

I honestly thought he was some kind of troll lol. The Jedi's are one of my favorites in the star wars saga. But in the novel they turned the Jedi's into a joke. I have to read the novel and check for myself what other surprises it has for me.

Cheers

#22 Posted by guttridgeb (4881 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageMan: What Fetts said. Also, Jango had just taken a beating from the beast thing (I can't remember what it is called) which does excuse it a little bit.

#23 Posted by Fetts (6234 posts) - - Show Bio
@AverageMan: Eh... I guess it depends on your view of what's canon. I mean there's a lot more EU stuff than the movies. So I really just roll with the EU. I mean take my fav character Boba Fett. Even in movie facts he's known to be the most fearless bounty hunter in all of the galaxy. You have to wonder how he got that title. And it's certainly not getting taken out by a blind Han Solo. You have to wonder about all of the stuff in between. The type of battles they had in the Clone Wars. How the Empire ran the galaxy. That sort of thing. That's why I consider the EU canon because it tells all of that. While I can see your point on how movies were created first and the EU was made to make the SW universe more interesting, the movies are full of gaps. I just find the EU to be better. You get the same great story of the Star Wars saga and more.
#24 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Batman wins this fight since he has preparation.
#25 Posted by Sethlol (1308 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman with prep wins.

Without it would be interesting.

#26 Posted by ShootingNova (25691 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: Yes, that's kind of what I mean. But if you wanted this fight to be purely without any Jetpacks, then yeah.

@Fetts said:

Actually this isn't possible.

The movies are the highest level of canon, although I myself abhor G-Canon. So they won't downgraded, the EU upgraded them LOL.

Vader wouldn't have killed Luke in EP V because it was not his intention and he didn't do so in the EU anyways. By the time of EP VI, Palpatine has not yet mastered the Wormhole ability.

#27 Posted by Fetts (6234 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShootingNova: Eh. I suppose your right. I just kinda feel like the EU should be more canon because there's more EU material. 
#28 Posted by drgnx (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

2 hours prep, and all batman did was disable his jet pack? I smell jobber aura.

#29 Posted by ShootingNova (25691 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fetts: That kind of logic isn't actually applicable. But I certainly favour the EU over anything else in SW, and I hate George Lucas. So naturally, I'm not a fan of G-Canon. And certainly not T-Canon.

Avatar image for protectyournose
#30 Posted by protectyournose (912 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman should win.

#31 Edited by Picard (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, scans you showed prove only one thing: further dumbing down Jedi knights. And even if you choose to treat this as 100% legitimate example of Jango's fighting ability and not PIS/CIS then even then I don't see how this help your case? What Jango did there? He throw some snow in the face of his opponent, hedbutted one of the Jedi, he back kicked the other, smashed rock into face of third one, he used some acrobatics...Yeh, yeh cool moves but every well trained character ( including Batman) could pull them off. So I will go on a limb and say that Batman will win, just because he is smarter and he is prepared

Avatar image for emperor_varitas
#32 Edited by Emperor_Varitas (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

Jango would not be able to take Kit Fisto. All Batman needs to do is show up with the right equipment, right items and he wins. Such as explosive batarangs, Machette, equipitment that could deflect Jango's laser beams, fire proof vest. Etc.

I'm just here to say one thing. Blaster bolts are not, and have never been, and never will be laser beams. They're best described as bottled shaped explosions. Essentially, take a grenade's explosion, stuff it in a "bottle" of magnetized energy charged gas, then shoot it out and have the bottle release the explosion in a certain shape (typically an unshaped spherical explosion) once it impacts and dissapates.

#33 Posted by CaptainDoeo (808 posts) - - Show Bio

Jango should win. Find it funny how some people are saying Jango is filled with PIS but don't try and bring up any of Batman's idiotic feats.

#34 Posted by MasterJohn (2663 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins.

#35 Edited by Wolfrazer (16193 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainDoeo said:

Jango should win. Find it funny how some people are saying Jango is filled with PIS but don't try and bring up any of Batman's idiotic feats.

Well theres a key difference here..PIS in comics, more often then not are largely ignored or considered non-canon. But with SW, they don't have that and so even though there are some PIS feats it is still C-canon. Unless of course those comics involving Jango and the 6 jedi, and Boba surviving a fight with Vader are N-canon then there is nothing to worry about which they should be.
#36 Posted by CaptainDoeo (808 posts) - - Show Bio

Jango Fett has more prep, and he was the galaxy's greatest bounty hunter for a very long time. I can't see Bat's winning.

#37 Posted by Picard (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaptainDoeo said:

Jango Fett has more prep, and he was the galaxy's greatest bounty hunter for a very long time. I can't see Bat's winning.

I can tell you right away how Batman will win this. Did you ever read KnightsEnd? In this story Bruce Wayn want to reclaim the mantle of the bat from Jean-Paul Valley. Valley was wearing havy cybernetic armour. What Bruce did to defeat him was to lure him deep into the batvace, into narrow passage where Jean-Paul would be forced to remove his armour. When that happened Bruce where blinded him with light coming from outside th batcave, and Jean-Paul just gave up. This is all what Batman needs to do here - use the same tactic.

#38 Edited by Murdalator (8 posts) - - Show Bio

You people realize Jango's armor can deflect Lightsabers, and Batman wouldn't kill him, so Jango would come back and put a seismic charge in the bat cave, blow it up, severely limiting the bat's combat effectiveness, if not killing him.

#39 Posted by Kaden (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@departed402: ig jango had his mind really set on ranged attaks t hen he could keep batman away, if he does so the only way batman could win id to throw an explosive batarang right infront of his gun, so when jango shoots it it will explode.

#40 Edited by SpartanKobe (1119 posts) - - Show Bio
@murdalator said:

Jango's armor can deflect Lightsabers

Loading Video...

#41 Edited by i_like_swords (26203 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: You must not have liked Jango 3 years ago :p

No Caption Provided

#42 Posted by Killerwasp (17368 posts) - - Show Bio

jango wins huehue

#43 Edited by Jack_ (2451 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm backing Jango due to the sheer durability of his armor, the fact that he has prep, his combat skill, and the immense power of his weapons. Pretty much one shot from one of his dual blasters would kill Batman. Even if he has prep, what is Batman going to do? Gas won't work, the helmet will filter it out. Any sort of stealth is out of the question due to the helmet's targeting capabilities. Batman's prep won't do squat here. I sort of hate it when people say he wins via prep and don't give any examples of what he'd actually do.

#44 Posted by Drew_Tan (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. He's taken on people similar to Jango i.e. with high tech weaponry and armor, and especially since he knew he was coming. Losing the element of surprise is a huge disadvantage in battles.

#45 Posted by Jack_ (2451 posts) - - Show Bio

@drew_tan:

How would you say he manages to take down Jango?

#46 Posted by Drew_Tan (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_: Good ol' kick to the face? Batarang with taser like stuff or knockout gas? Maybe even a small explosive? Problem is jango at IN the batcave. Bruce's hometurf. Home ground advantage and no element of surprise = bad news for jango.

#47 Posted by Jack_ (2451 posts) - - Show Bio

@drew_tan:

A kick to the face would certainly knock him down, but it wouldn't be enough to knock him out.

Tasers and knockout gas wouldn't get through his armor, and Jango's visor would see right through a smoke pellet.

Small explosive would knock him down too, but his armor would let him walk away from it. The reason Mace could decapitate him was because he sliced at his neck, which isn't nearly as fortified.

Batman has no way to put down Jango, even if the fight is in the Batcave.

#48 Posted by Fetts (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Ha. I just didn't have a good enough understanding of how good Batman was back then.

#49 Edited by Murdalator (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartankobe: there is, in fact 2 main gaps in beskar' gam: the NECK, and below the belly plate. Both of which can be penatrated by blade or lightsaber. AND, batman wouldnt even kill jango, leaving him to come back and kill bruce

#50 Edited by SpartanKobe (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

@murdalator:

He does not wear Beskar, he wears durasteel. His son however, wears Beskar.

Durasteel can be penetrated by a lightsaber.