Jane Foster vs Odinson

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yikesssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yikesssss
Battle takes place in Asgard
Battle takes place in Asgard

Rules

• Both combatants are morals on.
  • Standard knowledge.
  • 20 ft starting distance.
  • The win by death, ko, or incapacitation.

Odinson

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Jane Foster

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yikesssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yikesssss: Nothing I just wanted to make it more L.O.L xD

Yikesssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yikesssss: ok fair enough i wanted to include the scan of Jane punching Odin

you can start

Yikesssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yikesssss

@yikesssss: ok fair enough i wanted to include the scan of Jane punching Odin

you can start

I've started in my last three CaV's and would like to go second this time around.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skymother is allowed for Jane? Might as well make it Odin vs Thor. Oh well t4v anyway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@kevd4wg said:

Skymother is allowed for Jane? Might as well make it Odin vs Thor. Oh well t4v anyway

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is Super Saiyan skymother?

Yikesssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Yikesssss

Opening statement:

Jane Foster as Thor
Jane Foster as Thor

Jane Foster served Thor, Odinson, as his nurse before falling in love with him. She has appeared in many different issues with Thor, but recently, she has been deemed worthy to lift Mjolnir and take up the mantle as Thor. She did this after the events of Original Sin and when Mjolnir was left on the moon, and after many different warriors were deemed unworthy to lift the hammer, except Jane. Despite being at odds with the original Thor, he has since learned to accept the fact that she is worthy and he is not, and that the hammer chose her. Furthermore, it seems that Mjolnir has granted her abilities that the original Thor was incapable of, and it does things for her that it never did for him. And this is one reason why I believe that this battle isn't as one-sided as most people believe it to be. They have similar abilities and they depend on the same source of power, so it stands to reason that their capabilities should be more-or-less on par with each other, however; Thor's morals will turn the tide of this battle in favor of Jane, and that is why she would win a confrontation between these two Thors.

Addressing a misconception regarding their first encounter:

People mistakenly believe that she was defeated by an unworthy Thor wielding Jarnbjorn, but this is completely incorrect. During these events, she has just become Thor, and she was still learning what she could do and how to control her powers, which is why she had a difficult time fighting him. But in the issues that followed, it is made evidently clear that her powers have been growing, even up until the point where she encounters Loki for the first time. So it's clear that this particular scenario cannot be used as evidence against Jane because it would be based on a false pretense.

Powers and abilities:

Mjolnir's enchantment
Mjolnir's enchantment

The enchantment on Mjolnir grants her the same abilities as the original Thor, which is why there wouldn't be a huge difference between the two. In her Asgardian form, she would possess Class 100-level strength, superhuman speed, durability, stamina and a healing factor. Furthermore, she can channel lightning and summon storms, absorb attacks powerful enough to destroy a planet, and control the weather. The same as her predecessor. But there is a difference between them:

The Strategy:

One of the first things that need to be addressed here is that morals are on, and because of that, we know that the male incarnation of Thor would hold back during this fight. It would be out-of-character for him to go all out against someone that he loves. Despite knowing that it was Thor that she was fighting, Jane never had any problem giving it her all during their original encounter in front of the Frost Giants. Furthermore, the rules explicitly state that the victory can be achieved via knock-out, which means that all Jane has to do is knock Thor out. This means that Jane would actually have the advantage here.

Odin unable to lift Mjolnir
Odin unable to lift Mjolnir

There are also several other things that need to be addressed here. One of these is that the enchantment on Mjolnir surpassed even Odin, and Mjolnir has been shown to act differently for Jane than it has for Thor, and it even rejected him in favor for her. So despite Thor wielding Mjolnir during the opening of this battle, I can see it preferring Jane over the Odinson and abandoning him (which was one of the reasons that she was even worthy of wielding it at all), which means that she would be wielding two Mjolnir's instead of just one. This isn't an outlandish claim at all, either. Everybody who has seen Jane with Mjolnir has said that it acts differently with her.

Jane is also smaller than Thor and has demonstrated that she is capable of speed-blitzing Frost Giants with Mjolnir, which is something that Thor rarely does. Thor is more of a brute and would attempt to engage her directly. But he would seldom land a land due to his larger size and slower movements.

Reactions:

There is also a difference in reaction time between these two, and that is definitely something that needs to be factored into this battle. Jane has shown that she can react quickly enough to blitz Frost Giants and redirect Mjolnir's travel-path, while Thor has a difficult time even moving or reacting as fast as Wolverine can, even Thor and his predecessors had difficulty with a training program organized by Captain America. Furthermore, Tom Brevoort has admitted that Thor is slower than Wolverine, and even Thor himself has stated that he's never seen Mjolnir blitz, people, the way it did when Jane was wielding it.

Accomplishments:

During her run as Thor, she was confronted by the Warrior's Three and asked to accomplish the same feats as the original Thor. 1) This included fighting a multi-headed Dragon, and eventually winning, and 2) Plucking a few hairs of Queen Aelsa, and 3) Steal an apple from a bunch of Goblins. Not only did she achieve all of this, but she managed to do it even better than the original Thor. So I think it stands to reason that despite the original Thor being more physically powerful, she is smarter, better with people, and much quicker. She would use these traits to her advantage and achieve a victory over Thor.

Jane Foster
Jane Foster

Fighting against Loki:

By Loki's own admission, she's equal to Thor
By Loki's own admission, she's equal to Thor

It's pretty clear, at least to Loki, that Jane Foster wielding Mjolnir is Thor's own equal, which would only make sense because of the enchantment on Mjolnir, which grants her all the same abilities as the original Thor. Furthermore, which being pestered by the likes of Loki, who has demonstrated that he can give Thor some trouble, she was able to one-shot him over and over again. This demonstrates that she's able to defeat the same opposition that Odinson can, and she can receive the same kind of praise and acknowledgment as Thor did: being Loki's superior.

The Destroyer overwhelming Asgardian civilians and Warrior's Three
The Destroyer overwhelming Asgardian civilians and Warrior's Three

The Destroyer has shown what it was capable of when it overwhelmed many of Asgard's citizens and Warrior's Three with a single blast, yet Jane was still able to hold her own against for quite a while, despite it being animated by Odin's brother. Another thing to remember is that Jane was still learning how to control her power and she was still growing more powerful, but she still lasted just as long against it as Odinson ever did. Yes, the Destroyer eventually overwhelmed her, but she didn't go down without a fight, and she was still fighting against it even after it stole Mjolnir from her (which she was able to retrieve anyways). Furthermore, later on in the series, everybody including Loki, the Warrior's Three, the Queen, and a bunch of other Asgardians are afraid of the Destroyer. But she was able to hold her own against it anyways.

The battle against the Destroyer:

The Clean-Up:

By conclusion we've demonstrated the Mjolnir provides her with abilities, not in the least bit inferior to even Thor (and we have shown many other characters stating as much, and even saying that her abilities surpass Thor's in certain areas), and that she has greater reflexes and speed, and that she's capable of holding her own against Thor and the Destroyer Armor; at a time when she was trying to understand what she could really do (we would later learn that she was growing more powerful as her series progressed). Because of this, she is close enough in power and physicality to engage Thor directly, which is when her advantages will come into place.

1. She is faster due to her smaller size.
  2. Thor loves her and he will not harm her.
  3. Morals are on in this battle, so Thor probably wouldn't even attempt to knock her out.
  4. She knew who Thor was during her entire run and had no problem attempting to knock him out.
  5. The Mjolnir under his control would abandon him in favor of her.

This means that Jane Foster can score a knock-out while Thor (would probably) is trying to talk some sense into her. However, depending on the circumstances, this would never happen. Furthermore, she would take Mjolnir from him, which would place him at a huge disadvantage, and with two Mjolnir's under her control, the battle becomes increasingly one-sided, regardless of Thor's greater feats of strength. In a straight-up brawl, yes, Odinson would win, but under these conditions, she would be at a huge advantage and emerge as the victor.

Jane
Jane
TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my...

T4V

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Battle123axe

In fact, tag after every post

Yikesssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is Super Saiyan skymother?

Outlier feats are allowed for Jane since I'm at a disadvantage here.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jane is OF thor with semi legit feats, she should stomp in a goofy manor however T4v.

Yikesssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Yikesssss

Bumped for votes. Also, are you still interested in doing this? @_kingoflatveria I was really looking forward to it, but I am losing patience with people who agree to do Challenge-A-Viners but never dedicate themselves to actually doing them. If you are unable to make a post within a few days, please let me know and I will happily concede. I have no interest in waitings weeks for a response.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yikesssss: i usually take a week

sorry if I'm not as fast as you lol

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's only been two days lol

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did I miss this. !!!!!!!!!! Tag After every post !!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed
deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yikesssss: mate it generally takes weeks (sometimes even months) for CaVs to finish. It’s nothing new. You just have to change your standards.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yikesssss: It's one thing to be frustrated with people dropping CAV's after months of inactivity or disinterest, which I understand, but it's another thing entirely to expect a fairly reliable debater to abide by your timeline, as we have lives outside of the vine which take precedence, as well as possible technical problems, including CV possible deleting a large post, which is incredible discouraging.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It hasn't even been a full two days....

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V And after every post

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
@_kingoflatveria said:

@yikesssss: i usually take a week

sorry if I'm not as fast as you lol

He usually takes at least 2

More like a month tbh if we're not sugercoating it...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

• Super Saiyan Skymother is allowed for Jane.

Lol T4V then.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unlimited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4v

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yikesssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to take this Challenge-A-Viner very seriously since I'm at a huge disadvantage here. But since he probably won't be responding, would anybody like to take his place? My opening statement is already up, so all you have to do is post one of your own.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to take this Challenge-A-Viner very seriously since I'm at a huge disadvantage here. But since he probably won't be responding, would anybody like to take his place? My opening statement is already up, so all you have to do is post one of your own.

Give him some time, we're just messing with KoL. If he says he'll have a post up in a week he'll probably have a post up in a week. You can't expect anyone, especially with your limited pool of Thor debaters, to post within 2 days consistently

Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Stalin-Is-Steel

Wow have some patience lol CAV's take a good while to finish, especially with non street level opponents.

Thor's also got 30 to 40 years worth of feats and scans to look at as well so it's not a easy task finding everything compared to Jane who has like, 2 years

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@stalin-is-steel:

especially with non street level opponents

Are you serious? Street levels are harder to debate.

Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stalin-is-steel:

Honestly, I found it the other way round, but that's just my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@stalin-is-steel: Oh, ok then. Its just from what I have seen. But to be fair, I myself don't debate with street levels much. I mostly do powerhouses.

Yikesssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting so long in between responses makes you lose interest in the debate... if I'm being completely honest...

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yikesssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I took my opening statement down until further notice.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@empressofdread said:

@stalin-is-steel:

Honestly, I found it the other way round, but that's just my opinion.

I would say like 90% of the time Street level debates are longer and less straight forward since you have to deal with stuff like skill and gear, which can be very subjective

Yikesssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Yikesssss

@_kingoflatveria said:

@yikesssss: dude!

its been 2 days lol

I'm involved in four Challenge-A-Viners at the moment, and I've been able to make an opening statement for every single one of them. I don't find taking an entire week to type out a few thousand words excusable. If you're unable to give the debate the attention that it deserves then I will happily concede and you can debate with somebody else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed
deactivated-5b6e1b2130fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WTAF???

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers