No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Jaina stomps. Beating Darth Caedus puts her above Ahsoka, even though it wasn't a fair fight

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jaina, and it ain't even that close.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Beating Darth Caedus puts her above Ahsoka, even though it wasn't a fair fight

Even though he was missing a arm, had a huge hole in his gut, and more or less, let himself die? Yeah, I don't see how that is far off from giving Vader a tough fight.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaina wins solidly.

bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how powerful Ahsoka is now, and I usually have a generally negative attitude toward Jaina, but for now I'm giving it to Jaina.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm Jaina wins in a decent bout though not an overly difficult one for her......

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tano stomps because Jaina sounds like vagina.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AmethystGravity

Did Apocalypse actually mean that an injured Jaina could last 30 seconds against Abeloth, or was that only from Jaina's perspective when she didn't know who the Keshiri was (she did know, however, that the Keshiri got past and severely injured Luke in probably less than 30 seconds)? The book really seemed to hype Jaina, calling her the combat equal of anyone in the Order, and saying that the Sith should have been more worried about Jaina then Luke. Obviously, I doubt Jaina is above Luke, but that doesn't necessarily contradict how the book seemed to be portraying Jaina. Of course, the way I understood it could be completely off, but her supposed ability to last against Abeloth could be impressive.

Anyways, Jaina wins, in my opinion, 10/10, though I feel Ahsoka challenges her.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaina.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By echostarlord117

huehuehue

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm all for supporting Jaina, but this rhetoric about her winning easily is outright unsupported. Would anyone care to venture an argument for why she wins so easily?

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: TK'ing missiles, multiple Sith simultaneously, TK'ing Caedus. Being the combat equal of anyone in the NJO, slaughtering multiple Sith in seconds.

I don't see how Ahsoka is competing here, she may survive for a while but I don't see her making any headway.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TK'ing missiles, multiple Sith simultaneously, TK'ing Caedus. Being the combat equal of anyone in the NJO, slaughtering multiple Sith in seconds.

I don't see how Ahsoka is competing here, she may survive for a while but I don't see her making any headway.

Jaina's obviously more powerful (though she clearly still favors dueling in engagements with other Jedi), but by enough to dominate Ahsoka with the Force? I'm not sure about that. For TK'ing Caedus, that was circumstantial. She's admitted that Jacen outclassed her with respects to the Force before (in Invincible, no less). Being a combat equal to anyone in the NJO is an obvious exaggeration because she can't match Luke. As for slaughtering fodder Sith in seconds, is that necessarily beyond Ahsoka's ability? I don't know.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Greysentinel365

@shootingnova: Considering Ahsoka could not insta K.O any of the Inquisitor's who are roughly high-padawan to knight level I'd say outright blitzing fully trained Sith is beyond her.

Additionally, one does not need to equal or more powerful than someone to TK them (not ragdoll, Barris and Anakin is a good example), just within their general power range or take them by surprise. Nevertheless it does not stop her from employing massive parts of the environment for distraction/battering rams as she has been known to do.

For the record I'd say Ahsoka landing that TK on Vader was the result of Vader being surprised by her advancement and not fighting seriously. As after that the fight becomes extremely one-sided in his favor and Tano (despite it being standard for her to blast back people when pressed i.e. her second fight with Grievous, Trandoshens (I'm sure I've misspelled that) and the Fifth Brother)

I would also say that Jacen and Jaina were equal in potential, but that Caedus was simply more developed. Much like Anakin slowly working up to his potential. when pushed far enough Jaina could employ that potential, just not consistently

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GeorgeWBush

@shootingnova: How is she just merely "combat equal of anyone in the order", by halfway into the Vong war she was already equal to Kyle Katarn/Kyp Durron (by her duel with Kyp). By the time of The Unifying Force she's already engaging multiple Vong slayers (one proved difficult for Kyp) so she reasonably surpassed either by that epoch,so by the time of FOTJ and with Jacen gone was there anyone else who was truly on par with her? I always thought she was second only to Luke at that point.

Those aren't her best force feats either she was able to shatterpoint durasteel, use deflection to block Vong plasma which can disintegrate X-wings/destroyed the Tsik vai which shot it at her, telekinetically exert control over Ben, drop a 50 meter mogo tree with a push, as well as blast back multiple Sith. I don't see Ahsoka replicating any of those feats.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I feel that some of Jaina's showings in Fate of the Jedi depend on how you view the Lost of Tribe of the Sith members. Luke compared one to (I think it was) Kyle/Kyp (it was the Sith he dueled while injured and said was better than Cilghal), and Vol was able to injure Abeloth mentally via Mnemotherapy, though these aren't exactly the greatest accolades.

The impostor-sergeant in Apocalypse threatened an unarmed Luke, and while obviously Luke had to be discreet, I feel it says something that Luke muses how Vestara had saved his life.

Anyways, did Denning really mean that Jaina could contend with the avatar of Abeloth, with, "But Jaina knew she would never last two and a half minutes against the Keshiri Woman--not anymore... She thought she might last thirty seconds, maybe even a minute if the Force was with her." Clearly, the second part is only Jaina's thoughts. Still, the first seems to imply that Jaina in good health could have delayed the Korelei aspect, and as for the second, Jaina did see Abeloth get past an injured Luke, so unless Jaina's judgment was severely compromised, I don't see why we couldn't take the statement with some value.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ShootingNova

@amethystgravity: Sure, but Gaalan nor Vol (especially not Vol) were fodder characters. It's impressive that Jaina defeated three Sith Sabers on Dromund Kaas, but nonetheless, they're fodder.

As for the quotes, I don't think it's a stretch to say that she could delay an aspect of Abeloth for thirty seconds.

How is she just merely "combat equal of anyone in the order", by halfway into the Vong war she was already equal to Kyle Katarn/Kyp Durron (by her duel with Kyp). By the time of The Unifying Force she's already engaging multiple Vong slayers (one proved difficult for Kyp) so she reasonably surpassed either by that epoch,so by the time of FOTJ and with Jacen gone was there anyone else who was truly on par with her? I always thought she was second only to Luke at that point.

She would be second to Luke, but even that doesn't make her the "combat equal of anyone in the Order". It's unquestionably exaggerative flak, but it's still obviously a very good accolade.

Those aren't her best force feats either she was able to shatterpoint durasteel, use deflection to block Vong plasma which can disintegrate X-wings/destroyed the Tsik vai which shot it at her, telekinetically exert control over Ben, drop a 50 meter mogo tree with a push, as well as blast back multiple Sith. I don't see Ahsoka replicating any of those feats.

Yeah, I'm aware of this. I said it's obvious that she's more powerful, I'm just not seeing her using this power to dominate Ahsoka, and I'm not seeing her tear Ahsoka apart in a duel (which is what other users are implying by parroting the use of the word "easily").

Considering Ahsoka could not insta K.O any of the Inquisitor's who are roughly high-padawan to knight level I'd say outright blitzing fully trained Sith is beyond her.

Additionally, one does not need to equal or more powerful than someone to TK them (not ragdoll, Barris and Anakin is a good example), just within their general power range or take them by surprise. Nevertheless it does not stop her from employing massive parts of the environment for distraction/battering rams as she has been known to do.

For the record I'd say Ahsoka landing that TK on Vader was the result of Vader being surprised by her advancement and not fighting seriously. As after that the fight becomes extremely one-sided in his favor and Tano (despite it being standard for her to blast back people when pressed i.e. her second fight with Grievous, Trandoshens (I'm sure I've misspelled that) and the Fifth Brother)

I would also say that Jacen and Jaina were equal in potential, but that Caedus was simply more developed. Much like Anakin slowly working up to his potential. when pushed far enough Jaina could employ that potential, just not consistently

1. I'm not particularly versed in how skilled the Inquisitors are, so I won't comment. But it does seem that their difficulty with Kanan and so on suggests that they wouldn't be particularly skilled.

2. I'm aware. That's precisely why Jaina TK'ing Caedus is circumstantial.

3. Fair enough.

4. They're certainly at least close in potential, but skill and mastery of techniques is also pivotal in their application, and Caedus is obviously much more versed in the ways of the Force as a whole. That's why Jaina admitted that she was simply outclassed by Jacen's Force abilities.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaina takes the majority, close one though.

gideongarner01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pharoh_atem: I mean Jains didn’t get ragdolled at least. Which I can’t say wouldn’t happen to Ashoka if she were to replace Jaina.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A pointless bump to a mismatch. Jaina one shoots.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaina stomps.

Laskt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaina severely outclasses in sabers, and should be decently better in the Force

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Ahsoka stomps.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Masma94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clear victory for Jaina who's much more powerful, skilled and experienced than Ahsoka.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee7bc79c5c93
deactivated-5ee7bc79c5c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaina stomps. Beating Darth Caedus puts her above Ahsoka, even though it wasn't a fair fight

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Jaina absolutely murks her... even without the heavily contextual fight against Caedus. Jaina absolutely slaughters

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaina for sure

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers