Normal equipment. 

9thDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By 9thDevil

From what I've seen and read, Gregor's strength/size advantage I think would be negated by Jamie's skill and cunning. Jamie probably already has a plan to defeat him, and Gregor really doesn't seem the type to think ahead:) Jamie gets him in both rounds IMO.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@9thDevil said:

From what I've seen and read, Gregor's strength/size advantage I think would be negated by Jamie's skill and cunning. Jamie probably already has a plan to defeat him, and Gregor really doesn't seem the type to think ahead:) Jamie gets him in both rounds IMO.
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BringnIt

Jaime is better. Pretty much no reason to think either Clegane could beat him, and of the two I think the Hound is arguably the better brother.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@BringnIt said:
Jaime is better. Pretty much no reason to think either Clegane could beat him, and of the two I think the Hound is arguably the better brother.
Jaime would probably use fire against him. Seeing how he would have figured out his weakness already by being around him so much. 
The Hound reminds me of Frankenstein's Monster for some reason, big, strong, and afraid of fire. lol
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BringnIt

He's not going to start a fire in the middle of a random encounter. Nor would he need to. He's simply better, the best swordsman since Arthur Dayne or possibly Selmy.

Avatar image for capitolpunishment
CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CapitolPunishment

When Jamie was speaking with Brianne of Tarth he mentioned a few people in the Kingdoms that could possibly beat him in a fair fight, I don't recall if he named the men though. Both have also been defeated in jousts so that can go either way, though I'm leaning towards Jamie in the joust, the mountain has a chance in the other round, albeit a slim one.

ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By ripcurl

If Jaime has the use of both his hands, he wins.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lady_liberty

The Mountain might win in the joust.

Jamie has never been presented as an amazing jouster, and Gregor's greater mass might make him to difficult to unseat.

But in a fight? Gregor doesn't have a chance, Jamie destroys him.

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gritterr

This one is tough. I think Jamie is more skilled without question but The mountain has a legit body count. Most of the respect from Jamie comes from the praise of respected swordsman. I think one mistake from either would be their death. If you have read A Storm of Swords you know how feared the Mountain is in single combat.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BringnIt

Wasn't Storm of Swords the one where the Viper completely outfought him and only ended up dying because of his own arrogance, stupidity and desire for revenge?

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gritterr

Yeah I was trying to avoid spoilers.****DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT READ A STORM OF SWORDS****** but everyone thought the Viper was insane for taking that challenge was my point. And the Viper Fought with a spear which kept The Mountain Out. For this battle though Jamie is fighting with a sword

CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BringIt:: Yes, I'm pretty sure that was right around the same time frame Jamie was banging Cersie in front of Joffrey's corpse.

TheGraySon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheGraySon

i lol'd at morals off. neither of these characters had morals to begin with. Lion wins.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jezer

@9thDevil said:

True, I haven't read the books. Only watched the show.

But c'mon... Jamie's not Batman....

CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually current Jamie is a pretty decent guy, despite his scummy past. Jamie had it pretty bad for quite a while, despite how he presented himself on the outside, later in the books he turned into quite an honorable man. The mountain on the other hand has always enjoyed hurting and killing others, even as a spoiled child it made him happy to inflict horrors on others.

Vorien79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Vorien79

@CapitolPunishment said:

Actually current Jamie is a pretty decent guy, despite his scummy past. Jamie had it pretty bad for quite a while, despite how he presented himself on the outside, later in the books he turned into quite an honorable man. The mountain on the other hand has always enjoyed hurting and killing others, even as a spoiled child it made him happy to inflict horrors on others.

If you can get past the incest, I guess...

@Gritterr said:

This one is tough. I think Jamie is more skilled without question but The mountain has a legit body count. Most of the respect from Jamie comes from the praise of respected swordsman. I think one mistake from either would be their death. If you have read A Storm of Swords you know how feared the Mountain is in single combat.

Gregor is all brute strength, Lannister is all skill, finesse, pride and training. Jaime hands down.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By TheWitchingHour

I agree Jaime is one of the best fighters in Game of Thrones but I believe Ser Gregor would beat him. His is much much stronger than Jaime and that counts for a lot when it comes to greatsword dueling. It would be a great fight but in the end I think Ser Gregor would take him. Also Ser Gregor was shown to be able to sustain a lot of damage in the books and keep fighting.

As for the jousting Jaime was mid tier. Gregor should win that rather easily.

CapitolPunishment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vorien79: lol. Like I said, he currently is an honorable man, he used to be a pretty big bag of sh1t. He hasn't banged his sister since that time they fked next to there dead son's corpse, the lack of respect shown made me lol. He has since changed a great deal Even before his drastic change in character, when he still was a slime ball he did have morals, albeit they were pretty twisted. One example would be when he had the chance to kill Ned, he only let him live because it would not have been a fair kill. Another example of his twisted morals was that even though he could have banged almost any woman in the seven Kingdoms he was still loyal to only his sister (that sounded horrible lol). Another example of his morals would be how he loved and defended his younger, mutated brother. He even defended him the from Cersie many times who he was madly in love with in every way possible. On the other hand you have the mountain, who actually physically abused and physically mutilated his five year old brother just for fun then later killed his own father. Current Jamie has a decent set of morals, as twisted as they were, scumbag Jamie even had some morals. Whereas the mountain has no morals what so ever and never has. I was just trying to point out to that other user that lol'd at the idea of Jamie having morals that he was wrong. No morals for Jamie in this battle helps him a great deal.

ProxyParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ProxyParadox

Jaime win, he just evading Gregor until he is tired just like Viper did.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Mountain

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By The_Thunderer

@ripcurl said:

If Jaime has the use of both his hands, he wins.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@capitolpunishment: he did mention pretty explicitly that the Mountain was a better warrior than him

The mountain is a natural warrior, and many times jaime's sizew, he's gonna win no doubt

Calvalier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Jaime have both hands?...If so, maybe him. If not, The Mountain.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

what the hell is jaime gonna do against Gregor?

guys has thickest armor in Westeros, nad can still move pretty well

getting in a chink would expose the guy (swords are usually only about 3-5 feet) and Gregor has rediculous reach

Gregior has been shone to crush human skulls in his palm despite being covered in poisoned gashes, so I don't see Jaime wearing him down

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cregan_Stark

Jaime wins quite easily in all rounds (especially round 2). Jaime is noted in the books to marvel at the strength if the Clegene brothers (among others) but basically says that strength isn't everything and he can beat them through speed, quickness and skill. Keep In mind that these are men who have likely trained together for many years.

The mountain was simply outclassed by the skill and speed of a (likely) 50+ year old Red Viper, against Jaime it would be much worse.

Avatar image for amazingscrewonhead
AmazingScrewOnHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaime will loose, The mountain is too big to be fought. His armour is too thick and he is far to large and strong for Jaime. Jaime is incredibly cocky but I think he's all bark and less bite.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Mountain wins in good fight. AAAAAND BUMP

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaime might lose in the jousting, but he wins in sword fight.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

nova_prime76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Mountain. Jaime is a traditional swordsman. That won't beat the Mountain. One would need great combat speed like Oberyn had. One cannot go toe to toe with the Mountain due to his incredible strength. One block would weaken Jaime enough so he couldn't recover in time for a counter. Jamie, like Ned fight straight-on. That's to the Mountain's advantage. Oberyn showed the blueprint. Jaime is great, but his fighting style is totally wrong for this fight. Ned would even lose.

Clegane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if we are going by the books then jaime would win. Hes more skilled, smarter, and faster... hell sandor could beat his brother and hes second to jaime in skill and slower....

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingscrewonhead: @bigcimmerian: The Mountain only has a chance if this is the TV versions, books versions Jaime destroys The Mountain. It is noted in the books that Jaime can beat both Clegene brothers who he has most likely trained with for years.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Jaime wins if he has both hands.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Jaime thought frankly about swordsmen with superior strength he could defeat when considering Brienne's strength, both Cleganes were among them. He also has superior feats and is categorically a massively superior swordsman. Gregor is of more use on the battlefield, where his strength, durability and superior reach in tighter spaces make it easier to cleave through men who have no opportunity to utilise skill in such dense conditions. In one on one combat most higher tier ASOIAF combatants defeat him.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Book- Jamie.

Show- Mountain.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jamie wins, much more skilled and much faster, would take a while though.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By huthimamwa

I sure wish we got to see more of Jamie's "amazing swordsman skills" before they cut his f*cking hand off......

As for the fight (based on show feats) the Mountain wins. Havent read the books.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having book feats, Jaimie can win the sword fight.

He's fast enough to replicate the red viper's outmanoeuvring, skilled enough to kill him landing less hits, and smart enough to not get close once the mountain is on the ground.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaime thought frankly about swordsmen with superior strength he could defeat when considering Brienne's strength, both Cleganes were among them. He also has superior feats and is categorically a massively superior swordsman. Gregor is of more use on the battlefield, where his strength, durability and superior reach in tighter spaces make it easier to cleave through men who have no opportunity to utilise skill in such dense conditions. In one on one combat most higher tier ASOIAF combatants defeat him.

I'm not sure about this, remember Bronn's words from the show about mountain '' I can probably beat him, by using skill and speed, but one mistake and it's over''.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

I'm not sure about this, remember Bronn's words from the show about mountain '' I can probably beat him, by using skill and speed, but one mistake and it's over''.

Bronn isn't what I consider high tier in the books, in the show he is. Probably lower 2nd tier. He doesn't say I can probably beat him, he says 'Maybe I could take him' IIRC.

Most higher tier fighters from Oberyn up best Gregor in my opinion, Oberyn is mid second tier, Sandor and Rhaegar would be top second tier, then Jaime is low - mid high tier [not sure, we'll have to wait until the eos for this], Dayne, Selmy and Cregan Stark are mid high tier, top high tier would be Aemon, Daemonetc

Though TV Bronn is high tier as is Sandor as of now.

It's true, one wrong step and its over, any of them could potentially lose, unlike LOTR, Sandor could potentially trip over his own feet or move a shade to slow and get his head lopped off, but 9.9/10 he doesn't.

TT_4_Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rogueshadow  Moderator

@tt_4_humanity: Aemon's better, and Daemon was so good he was considered to be the warrior himself when armed with a sword. With Dawn he could probably fight evenly with them.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I would probably put Jaime and Cregan Stark in a similar class. They are the tip top but they are close.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tt_4_humanity: I would say Dayne could be on par with Aemon The Dragonknight and Daemon Blackfyre who I consider the best ever.

TT_4_Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: Jaime's really got the feats to back it up? I know GRRM said something about his skill, iirc.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@cregan_stark: Not sure about Jaime yet, but as he's been seen so far I say low - mid high tier, he might pull a Qhorin Halfhand yet though and outdo them all.

That top tier all sort of blur into one really though to be honest, a fight between any of them would be legendary.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cregan_Stark

@tt_4_humanity: I say he has as many battle feats as those others that we know of. Maybe more actually.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I'd love to see a round robin tourney with all the top guys. It would be epic