Jack Hawksmoor vs Hal Jordan,John Stewart

#1 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

Random encounter. New York city. Both GL's have 100% power

#2 Posted by King Saturn (223204 posts) - - Show Bio
I think the Green Lanterns should win this... but Jack may give them hell since its in such a large city
#3 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5474 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawksmoor might pull one out, but the Green Lanterns will prevail more often than not. 

#4 Posted by LT1085 (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawksmoor becomes one witht he city. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart comes on, green lantern gets distracted. John Stewart blacks out.Hawksmoor comes out of nowhere and rips out Hal's jugular.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#5 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

GLs without much trouble.

#6 Posted by Lunacyde (28306 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal and John...

#7 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumpp

#8 Posted by King Saturn (223204 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot said:
" GLs without much trouble. "
well its official now... 
#9 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1983 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Buckshot said:
well its official now...  "
The GL's would have to destroy the entire city to do away with Jack. Sounds like a bit of a problem,agreed?
#10 Posted by King Saturn (223204 posts) - - Show Bio
@jacobyLIVE said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Buckshot said:
The GL's would have to destroy the entire city to do away with Jack. Sounds like a bit of a problem,agreed? "
I dont think so... I recall GL's being able to contain entire cities within Contructs... 
#11 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1983 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Buckshot said:
The GL's would have to destroy the entire city to do away with Jack. Sounds like a bit of a problem,agreed? "
I dont think so... I recall GL's being able to contain entire cities within Contructs...  "
Containment and destruction are different. Containing and destroying all of New york would prove difficult and would more than likely deplete their power supply. Also...I never said the city was evacuated
#12 Posted by King Saturn (223204 posts) - - Show Bio
@jacobyLIVE said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Buckshot said:
I dont think so... I recall GL's being able to contain entire cities within Contructs...  "
Containment and destruction are different. Containing and destroying all of New york would prove difficult and would more than likely deplete their power supply. Also...I never said the city was evacuated "
thats a fair point... though would you consider this feat of Hal Jordan destroying a Planet sufficient enough as evidence that he could level Jack Hawksmoor and an entire city ? 

No Caption Provided

#13 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1983 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Buckshot said:
Containment and destruction are different. Containing and destroying all of New york would prove difficult and would more than likely deplete their power supply. Also...I never said the city was evacuated "
thats a fair point... though would you consider this feat of Hal Jordan destroying a Planet sufficient enough as evidence that he could level Jack Hawksmoor and an entire city ? 

No Caption Provided

"
Hm,good point there,King. But has that kind of feat been since retconned? I've never seen him do that any other time. I mean,it took a ton of GL's to contain the explosion of the Yellow Central Battery
#14 Posted by drkhwk2001 (4570 posts) - - Show Bio

The Lanterns win.

#15 Posted by King Saturn (223204 posts) - - Show Bio
@jacobyLIVE said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Buckshot said:

No Caption Provided

"
Hm,good point there,King. But has that kind of feat been since retconned? I've never seen him do that any other time. I mean,it took a ton of GL's to contain the explosion of the Yellow Central Battery "
even though Green Lanterns dont really do high end feats like this now... there is really no way of knowing if they cant do it anymore... and even if Hal could not... who is to say Hal could not level a Moon still... and a Moon is bigger than a City still... 
#16 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1983 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @jacobyLIVE said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Buckshot said:

No Caption Provided

"
Hm,good point there,King. But has that kind of feat been since retconned? I've never seen him do that any other time. I mean,it took a ton of GL's to contain the explosion of the Yellow Central Battery "
even though Green Lanterns dont really do high end feats like this now... there is really no way of knowing if they cant do it anymore... and even if Hal could not... who is to say Hal could not level a Moon still... and a Moon is bigger than a City still...  "
Correct; who is to say he can't? He could,or couldn't/ It has yet to be seen. But even still,the city is populated
#17 Posted by capall (8206 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Buckshot said:
i guess it is then, lol
#18 Posted by glforthewin (2386 posts) - - Show Bio
green lanterns would win after a tough fight 
#19 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio
@glforthewin said:
" green lanterns would win after a tough fight 
"
What exactly would be tough about it?

They don't need to destroy the city (which they could do) to beat Jack. Jack is hard to hurt and can heal from a lot in a city, but he's not unbeatable there. The only thing I think would be hard would be if he disappeared into the city and they had to find him. Even if he did that though, he couldn't really hurt them (they're fast and have great shields) so it would just be a matter of time before their rings figured out  a way to find where he is in the city in order to blast him or force him out.
#20 Posted by glforthewin (2386 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buckshot: hmmm. thats all very true. that's why i kinda thought it'd be a tough fight. 
#21 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio
@glforthewin said:
" @Buckshot: hmmm. thats all very true. that's why i kinda thought it'd be a tough fight.  "
None of that is difficult though. They either take him out at the beginning or just wait (untouchable because of their movement and shields) until their rings figure out an answer.