Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia) vs Ruby Rose (RWBY)

• 58 results
Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ruby Rose (RWBY)

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• No prep, No prior knowledge
  • Standard Gear
  • Current Versions of Izuku and Ruby
  • Morals are on, everyone is in character
  • Win by any means
  • starting distance is 30 ft apart

No Caption Provided

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ruby blitzes or shoots him.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ruby is way too fast.

This could be a really interesting match for the EoS versions in like 10 years.

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ruby is way too fast.

This could be a really interesting match for the EoS versions in like 10 years.

I hope they both go on for 10 years...

Then again EOS Ruby will probably have some Hax Silver Eyes abilities that dump on the Maidens.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaos239: Rwby is crazy slow paced, and MHA still has 2 and a half school years to go through, plus some actual pro-hero stuff Horikoshi says he wants to do..

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aren’t RWBY characters legit bullet timers?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

Aren’t RWBY characters legit bullet timers?

yeah

Xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would be a great match up when Deku becomes a stronger hero and masters One for All. For now, Ruby is too fast and out of his league.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FlashingSabre
Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No MHA knowledge. Free bump.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No MHA knowledge. Free bump.

The OP linked to respect thread on Izuku

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jueix

Bump

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheWatcherKing

Ruby stomps deku so hard it's actually sad.She's so much faster than him, and could literally just do this to him.

No Caption Provided

Ruby would beat All Might due to her speed if we're being honest.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

@thewatcherking: All Might would solo the verse.

He has no speed feats that say he wouldn't get blitzed by someone like Ruby, and he certainly hasn't got the piercing resistance to tank Ruby's attack.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f
deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Izuku is just a poor kid, he doesn't deserve to get beaten this way.....

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

even if this was season 1 Ruby she'd still win comfortably, this is a stomp in her favour

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

@thewatcherking: He's at least supersonic but there's no way he's struggle with speed when he can punch hundreds of times in seconds (not sure if it was one or several). Arguing piercing resistance seems pointless when he's shown no weakness to it.

He may be supersonic but the speed shown by Ruby in her Red trailer is at least hyper sonic as far as I know.

Arguing piercing resistance seems pointless when he's shown no weakness to it.

You don't have to have a weakness to something to be vulnerable to it.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000:

How was Ruby hypersonic in her trailer?

This is a hypersonic speed feat from what I have heard,

That's well above the speed anyone in the verse has shown.

If that speed showing is legit then it wouldn't be, as Qrow and Winter would moving FTE to everyone who was watching the fight.Ruby even had trouble seeing Tyrian's movements, and it's not that crazy when you think of how casual people are with their bullet timing.

I'm saying there's no reason to believe his piercing durability is lower than blunt force.

There is also nothing supporting that idea either,rarely is a character's blunt force durability equal to their piercing or energy based durability.

Not that it matters because he's not slower and kills her by punching the air.

If he was fast enough I would agree, but he didn't throw 300 punches in a few seconds anyway. The fight between All Might and Noumu(when he started going all out) lasted longer than few seconds.

CartoonLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ruby tears him to ribbons. It would take a couple hits to put her down, and he's not even fast enough to touch her once before he is dismembered

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ruby wins.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

He has no speed feats that say he wouldn't get blitzed by someone like Ruby, and he certainly hasn't got the piercing resistance to tank Ruby's attack.

I think that's going a little too far.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking said:
@sy8000 said:

I think that's going a little too far.

What speed feats does he have that say he is fast enough to react to ruby?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: People act like the milisecond a fight start Ruby would immediately blitz, or wouldn't poster for a second. I really cannot see someone with Ruby's character immediately charging someone like All Might, besides, do you really think someone with All Might's durability would get cut up so easily?

If Ruby couldn't put him down in the first hit, she'd immediately get folded.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@deathhero61: I was ignoring in character tatics because I was only saying Ruby is capable of beating him,not that she would in character.

As for durability? I can't recall All Might tanking piercing attacks that say he won't bd killed when Ruby can cut through boulders,bulletproof grimm,and the arm of a paladin(prototype).

I agree.

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Chaos239

Ruby beats Izuku.

But All Might certainly wouldn't clear RWBY, he'd struggle against mid tiers like RWBY, JNPR and other mid Grimm, never mind Maidens, Pro Huntsmen or Ozpin.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15
deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000 said:

Ruby blitzes or shoots him.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I disagree highly with what I previously argued.

Anyway, I still back Ruby.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ruby is still too fast, plus she's arguably durable enough to take some of his harder hits.(not necessarily the arm breaking ones though)

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

yeah, this isn't as bad as a stomp as it used to be, but it's still a very comfortable win for Ruby for fairly standard reasons.

RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if deku gets one good hit on her with his Detroit smash at atleast 60 percent or higher, she'll be done for. she cant shoot him cause deku can easily weave though bullets.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deku wins.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Woah, what feat made you switch sides?

It’s no feat in particular for Deku, it’s more so the fact that consistently Ruby isn’t all that impressive to me. Each volume of rwby the characters seem less impressive than they used to be, and aside from one or two high end feats I don’t think Ruby can blitz Deku like I used to.

And quite frankly speed is the only edge Ruby ever had aside from better ranged attacks, he is far smarter and stronger than she is. It doesn’t hurt that Deku has a casual bullet timing feat at five percent on par with what some rwby characters have demonstrated.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zetsu-San

@thewatcherking: Unless there are more feats than just that one gif I have seen floating around, Deku’s bullet timing is nowhere near as impressive as RWBY levels.

As for becoming less impressive, I have started the series over from the beginning, and have only just made it to vol 6; but I can’t really say I see where you’re coming from.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Unless there are more feats than just that one gif I have seen floating around, Deku’s bullet timing is nowhere near as impressive as RWBY levels.

As for becoming less impressive, I have started the series over from the beginning, and have only just made it to vol 6; but I can’t really say I see where you’re coming from.

Yang’s best speed feat is from the yellow trailer where she performs something similar, Yang, one of the four main characters for the series.

The only difference being Deku was dodging shots from multiple shooters at once, and shown greater agility than Yang did in that trailer. Granted Yang isn’t as fast as Ruby with her semblance, but that isn’t the point I was trying to make regardless.

And it’s plainly obvious wise they aren’t as impressive as they used to be. The writers have said things like it’s too taxing for Yang to create shockwaves with her strikes, despite having done so casually in her yellow trailer. And really none of the characters feats appear currently anywhere near as impressive as they did in previous volumes for the series.

I likely won’t respond to what you have to say next, but for the most part rwby characters aren’t as impressive to me as they used to be in their fights.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking:

Yang’s best speed feat is from the yellow trailer where she performs something similar, Yang, one of the four main characters for the series.

Yang is the team's slow brick/brawler character...

The only difference being Deku was dodging shots from multiple shooters at once, and shown greater agility than Yang did in that trailer. Granted Yang isn’t as fast as Ruby with her semblance, but that isn’t the point I was trying to make regardless.

Deku was dodging shots from a bunch of fodder who seemed to be spray and praying. Don't get me wrong, there was definitely actual bullet timing involved there, but there was also a lot of them just shooting in formation and expecting at least some of their bullets to hit via sheer number. The feat is nowhere near on level with high end feats from Blake or Weiss, let alone Ruby (the team's actual speed oriented character). Hell, even season 5 had Weiss swinging her sword at the same speed as Ruby's sniper bullets.

RWBY guns are stronger than normal firearms as they are used for killing large monsters and the sheer kickback is regularly used as a speed boost in the series. Not to mention, all the soldiers and gangsters seem to be low level aura users, so their reactions should be at least marginally better than normal fodder from other settings.

And it’s plainly obvious wise they aren’t as impressive as they used to be. The writers have said things like it’s too taxing for Yang to create shockwaves with her strikes, despite having done so casually in her yellow trailer. And really none of the characters feats appear currently anywhere near as impressive as they did in previous volumes for the series.

I haven't really payed much attention to what the writers have said. That's a very weird statement to make, I can't really say I have noticed any real absence of shock-waves as the series progressed.

I think this is one of the cases where the writer statement is very clearly at odds with what has been shown. Kind of like Luthor Strode and how the writer insists they are all olympic level or some nonsense, even though they dodge/deflect bullets, cause massive shockwaves, and smash each other through entire buildings.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@mylittlefascist:

Yang is the team's slow brick/brawler character...

Right, she‘s the slow brick of the team. So slow she was able to expertly dodge and school Ruby in her character short.

Loading Video...

Sure, Ruby isn’t a good fighter without her weapon but that doesn’t make her slower. Now while it was clear Ruby was faster, she wasn’t so much faster than Yang could do nothing to her.

Also, if Yang was so slow then she wouldn’t have performed as good as she did against Adam, someone who just beaten Blake.

Loading Video...

But sure, she’s the slow brick of the group because headcanon.

Deku was dodging shots from a bunch of fodder who seemed to be spray and praying.

The same could be said for Yang and Ruby’s bullet timing feats against fodder.

Don't get me wrong, there was definitely actual bullet timing involved there, but there was also a lot of them just shooting in formation and expecting at least some of their bullets to hit via sheer number.

So what?

The feat is nowhere near on level with high end feats from Blake or Weiss, let alone Ruby (the team's actual speed oriented character).

Blake, who again only has one speed feat to say she is faster than Deku. One feat that she has never since replicated. If you want to go by those then Deku has moved so fast he literally ignited the air around him from his speed at only five percent.

Loading Video...

Weiss has better speed feats than Ruby, and can actually be argued to be faster regardless of Ruby’s rose petal burst.

I think this is one of the cases where the writer statement is very clearly at odds with what has been shown. Kind of like Luthor Strode and how the writer insists they are all olympic level or some nonsense, even though they dodge/deflect bullets, cause massive shockwaves, and smash each other through entire buildings.

As I said it isn’t just statement, feat wise most rwby characters aren’t as impressive as they were in earlier volumes of the series.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By red_ruby_petal

i am done with RWBY threads.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zetsu-San

@thewatcherking:

Sure, Ruby isn’t a good fighter without her weapon but that doesn’t make her slower.

Well, Ruby did lose fist fights with normal fodder in Vol 2...

But the more serious answer is that she wasn't using her semblance in that part of the fight (no rose petal effects) and also, Yang was just the better fighter and was able to accurately predict her sister's attacks. This was also a flashback from before the series started, so it's even arguable Ruby was really just a major novice at the time.

Also, it's always felt like the Rose Petal semblance effects her raw movement speed, but not her actual reaction timing.

But sure, she’s the slow brick of the group because headcanon.

I haven't gotten to the Adam fight yet, but Yang has always been portrayed as the slower but heaviest hitting member of the group.

Weiss has better speed feats than Ruby, and can actually be argued to be faster regardless of Ruby’s rose petal burst.

Ruby is regularly FTE from Weiss's point of view. Speed is Ruby's actual superpower. I think it's pretty obvious that she's intended to be significantly faster than Weiss when her semblance is active.

As I said it isn’t just statement, feat wise most rwby characters aren’t as impressive as they were in earlier volumes of the series.

I think you're just upset the series has changed so much, tbh. RWBY has always been littered with low showings for plot and humor purposes. I don't think that should negate major character establishing feats/scenes though.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well anyway Ruby should still win. Mostly because their established level were always a one up to any street leveller in speed with high speed high power superhumans being too common there. And it just so happens there still exists a speedy character in the team.

ElectroMancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well anyway Ruby should still win. Mostly because their established level were always a one up to any street leveller in speed with high speed high power superhumans being too common there. And it just so happens there still exists a speedy character in the team.