• 98 results
#1 Posted by Archangel01 (1990 posts) - - Show Bio

The two meets for a fight and when they do Clark tells Thor that using any item is not for man and he should face Clark like a real man without any weapon and Thor agrees,

This is not a deathbattle,just a friendly competetition

When one side is Ko'ed or raises his hand,the fight overs and they will go for a drink

What would the outcome be?

#2 Posted by MainJP (6153 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark gives Thor a lesson in speedblitzing.

#3 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27761 posts) - - Show Bio

up

#4 Posted by MalkavtheMaven (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would treat it as a scrap but he likely would amp himself with lightning when he realizes Clark is not human and stronger than one. The magical lightning would hurt Clark more than Clark might expect. But as neither is really going for an instant win because it might hurt the other.

It likely ends when the battlefield is destroyed and both men are tired of the endless slugging. Most likely a draw really, neither want to go for the kill and neither will back down if the other wants to continue. So it would end up with both of them just out of breath and like "That drink sounds really good bout now" or something like that.

#5 Posted by Gamer-Guy (3354 posts) - - Show Bio

at least equalize speed if your gonna take his axe

#6 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes stomp

#7 Edited by ironbrucewayne (74 posts) - - Show Bio

So its a wrestling match then

#8 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would treat it as a scrap but he likely would amp himself with lightning when he realizes Clark is not human and stronger than one. The magical lightning would hurt Clark more than Clark might expect. But as neither is really going for an instant win because it might hurt the other.

It likely ends when the battlefield is destroyed and both men are tired of the endless slugging. Most likely a draw really, neither want to go for the kill and neither will back down if the other wants to continue. So it would end up with both of them just out of breath and like "That drink sounds really good bout now" or something like that.

No Caption Provided

Let's be realistic here. Most reasonable people agree Superman takes it even when has stormbreaker. Thor is fodder without it.

Superman stomps his guts out.

#9 Posted by Richard96 (5799 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor gets shitstomped

#10 Posted by Megafanflash (795 posts) - - Show Bio

at least equalize speed if your gonna take his axe

#11 Posted by MalkavtheMaven (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Why Superman is not that fast nor does he have the universe ending striking force you people like to suggest he has. Hell Doomsday was a concrete buster on striking force. The only thing that did any real damage was his shockwave ability. Superman's combat speed has never been shown above Mach 1 during his fights with the other Kryptonians. Against Barry he was moving in slow motion and Barry in JL is just not that fast.

Look I get you guys think DCEU can benchpress the earth, is faster than light, and tank the universe collapsing on him but these are just not feats we have seen.

#12 Edited by thanosii (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so we taking away Thors one shot weapon. Making this a friendly battle so Thor cant use his Rainbow bridge busting lightning, giving Clark his speed and expecting someone to vote Thor so you can call them fanboys???

#13 Edited by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@malkavthemaven: Not a single thing you said changes the fact he is a lot faster than Thor and can put him down by feats. It's really that simple. His lightning "cloak" can't hurt him and he can't hit him with a large blast as his telegraph will be intercepted.

#14 Posted by Chubbs (931 posts) - - Show Bio

How exactly would Superman lose?

#15 Posted by omriamar (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

Give him SB and he will still lose

#16 Posted by Crunch5481 (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

IW Thor without Stormbreaker is just Ragnarok Thor.

Given these circumstances, the fight starts and Superman waits for Thor to strike and then proceeds to dodge him like exactly like Faora did to Superman in the iHop, and then Superman continues to dodge Thor until he says fine I’ll go easy and he stops abusing his speed. Then they wrestle and Superman dominates as he’s consistently shown to be on another strength level. Or maybe Superman decides to start flying up with Thor as they grapple.

I’m assuming that since this is a “friendly competition” that it’ll be more of a wrestling match than a straight up fight. In which case I doubt Thor will use his lightning or Superman his heat vision/frost breath. This would be a fight of physicals.

Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
#17 Edited by Aquatic_Pianist (694 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by thanosii (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

Thors advantage over Clark are Stormbreaker, lightning and durability. This batlles means Thor cant use SB and lightning. So its a durabilty with no counter to speed battle. Is it even in the rules. Am flagging myself to find out

#19 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for aquatic_pianist
#20 Posted by Aquatic_Pianist (694 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by MalkavtheMaven (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Thor has blocked energy based projectiles moving at a lot faster than Mach 1, hell Wonder Women can block attacks moving at around Mach 3 so thats not really a surprise. Clarks travel speed is higher, that is all. We see that Barry is even slower than Clark in travel speed but in reaction and combat speed he is superior to Clark.

Keep believing Clark is MFTL I don't care. Doesn't change a thing about this sparring match

#22 Posted by xZone (10346 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: How did you come to the conclusion that most reasonable people think Superman wins? Thor wins in the polls by about 15 percent.

#23 Edited by Spiderman1997 (2349 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think either one of them can get past the other's durability.

EDIT: Then again, Thor deatroyed Sokovia with Mjolnir and Odin explicitly stated that Mjolnir was only there to help him control his powers and he is just as powerful without as he was with it so make of that what you will.

#24 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@malkavthemaven: Show Thor with ONE above average combat speed feat. You're making things up. Thor reacted to lasers street levelers were aim dodging, what feats are you referring to? We see Superman punching in Flash time. We are explicitly told his reactions are the same as his flight time or else he'd run into things.

What new blunt durability feats does Thor have? Pretty sure he didn't get anything new. The same guy who was almost KOed punches from Hela, Hulk, and Kurse, people with lesser striking feats than Superman.

I don't know where you're getting these numbers but you're in denial if you think he can tag Superman or not get tagged by Superman.

#25 Edited by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Because the most logical arguments are made for Superman and there is no way around the speed difference.

#26 Posted by Crunch5481 (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

@malkavthemaven:

Can you at least limit your exaggeration to make a more coherent/intellectually honest argument? Saying people believe Clark is massively FTL is way over the top.

#27 Posted by MalkavtheMaven (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Thor deflected Loki's scepter beam which cleared from ground to cloud cover in 2 seconds or so. Taking into account high above sea level Stuttgart is from sea level and the height of cloud level thats around Mach 9. We have no indication that those beams can change in speed. We also see Thor deflecting a Ultron Sentry blast back at it without even looking at it.

What striking feats does Superman have above Hulk or Hela? bring me calculations that shows he hits with more force and not your headcanon.

Superman was throwing punches in slow motion in Flashtime. And we see Flashtime as being inconsistent on speed showing as the batarang was still moving. We see him speedblitz down the walkway but that was still not that fast.

Also you do realize that Thor would have to have equally as fast reflects to fly using Mjolnir as he controls when it stops and its angle. So he would have to have high speed reflexes to do that.

#28 Posted by MalkavtheMaven (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@crunch5481: But MotM does, he believes he is constantly moving at Mach 900 at all times. So its not a massive exaggeration for him.

#29 Posted by TheMaximus (709 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys. Remember now speed blitz triumphs everything. Even gods and skyfathers cant avoid the speed blitz, and remember superman is immune to thors lightning cloak. So he easily bypasses it and hammerfist thor duh.

#30 Posted by Crunch5481 (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

@malkavthemaven:

Well I doubt he actually believes that and if he does he is very wrong.

#31 Edited by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@malkavthemaven: Black Widow aim dodged that scepter in a jet. That's not impressive, and certainly doesn't stop him from getting blitzed when he can blitz someone much faster than Thor.

No Caption Provided

Superman consistently hits harder than Hulk. He creates sonic booms with his punches and was able to disable a whole line of train cars weighting 150 tons a piece with his Nam Ek punch.

No Caption Provided

Thor cannot withstand multiple FTS punches capable of displacing that many tons with a strike.

I don't know what you mean here.

No Caption Provided

I think he was slightly slower in comparison to Flash but I'm not sure what you mean slow motion. It's pretty obvious he was moving extremely fast in those moments as was Flash based on how Aquaman and Wonder Woman were free falling.

Eh no, I don't think you can just say that. We've seen him flying with Mjolnir and he doesn't make movements like Superman.

No Caption Provided

#32 Posted by MalkavtheMaven (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm:It was Maria Hill not Widow. And she barely dodged it she moved just enough to let the blast pass by.

The Nam Ek punch means nothing it was more a durability feat for Nam Ek than a strike feat for Superman. But still nothing we see there is more impressive than Hulk punching Thor into a deep crater in the wall and Thor being 100% unharmed.

He was still slower than Flash who is not seen moving that fast throughout the rest of the movie.

Thor flies fast I didn't say he had the same maneuverability of Superman just comparable speed.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These have been quiet fast, and that means that he can react at high speed. After all Superman was also being ragdolled by guys who were slower than him by far (Faora and Nam Ek were no where near his speed)

#33 Posted by ironbrucewayne (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@malkavthemaven: well Thor has never been shown to destroy a Battle field in combat soo..no

#34 Posted by MalkavtheMaven (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@ironbrucewayne: Did you see the arena ground after him and Hulk where done? It was torn up. Also do you all realize this is not a battle but basically a sparring match.

#35 Posted by ironbrucewayne (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah show me. Thor moving at mark 1 or moving in tandum with a speedster then you win

#36 Edited by ironbrucewayne (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii: I know you can't resist pls say Thor,like supes doesn't get striped of his speed against thanos you didn't complain then but now you can

#37 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@malkavthemaven: It was Black Widow but that detail is neither here nor there. Captain America also blocked it AFTER it was fired to save an old man. I doubt he's moving that fast.

I think the Nam Ek punch is still a pretty good striking feat considering he was incaped for enough time for him to go and damage Faora as well and save Hardy. He won't have the same hindrance in a 1v1 against Thor.

Steppenwolf arguably has better reaction feats than Thor.

No Caption Provided

Yet he was unable to react to Superman.

No Caption Provided

I agree he was slightly slower than Flash, doesn't mean much because he is much faster than Thor.

Yes but I was specifically referencing reaction time as it relates to Superman's flight. Thor flying straight really fast doesn't mean anything for his reactions.

Faora and Nam Ek both had comparable speed, that's why they were able to fight him on even terms for sometime.

#38 Posted by ironbrucewayne (74 posts) - - Show Bio

thanosii: I know you can't resist pls say Thor,like supes doesn't get striped of his speed against thanks you didn't complain then but now you can

#39 Posted by MalkavtheMaven (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Faora and Nam Ek never showed the speed Superman has shown, it is your head canon alone that says they are.

Thor would still need to guide the hammer and know when to stop. So I am sorry you disagree but Thor does have reaction speed in time with his flight speed.

And Steppenwolf's reaction speed is no where near the energy blast speed from around 6 feet away

#40 Posted by ironbrucewayne (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I don't think this fight takes place ina a controlled space so no

#41 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

IW Thor without Stormbreaker is Ragnorak Thor with a better cloak, and TBH I just might see it, but Clark probably wins.

#42 Posted by ironbrucewayne (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@malkavthemaven: without stormbreaker Thor gets seriously man handled and over powered he taps out and supes win

#43 Edited by Gokluma (8780 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

replace Pui Pui with Thor and replace Vegeta with Superman then you got the answer anyway.

since Thor hasn't improved at his speed,powers,skills and just got a fancy lightning power only last few seconds against the Kryptonian who stomped steppenwolf and justice league or even fought off doomsday & Zod will make all thor's movie villains look like punching bags.

given that Kurse, who is both weaker and slower than any Kryptonian, slapped aside Mjolnir like a gnat and beat Thor's face bloody, he can most certainly kill him.

Hela who never shown anything came close to what Supes did and still beaten up Thor's butt until the random demon lord destroyed Asgard.

No Caption Provided

#44 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@malkavthemaven: They did, their stats were equal. That's how they were able to not only keep up but get the upperhand on him several times before he adapted to their fighting sstyles.

No Caption Provided

That doesn't change the fact we haven't seen him fly with that kind of mobility or reactions. We simply haven't seen him do that, I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make here unless I'm forgetting sometime he did do that? Otherwise it's your head canon.

Well deflecting two rockets back to back is pretty impressive, when you consider how fast Superman appeared to be going when he blitzed Steppenwolf it's even more impressive. I don't think Thor can react to that by feats.

#45 Posted by MalkavtheMaven (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: they spent about 2 days in earth he spent 33 years he would have absorbed more solar energy than them. They were even through skill as they were not at equal stats maybe 50%.

The point was if Superman has reflexes to match his speed so would Thor.

Thor has deflected multiple blaster shots back to back. That is better than the rockets.

Still waiting on the strike feat that surpasses the hill putting him a good or more into the wall.

Oh also Thor did stop the dragon in ragnarok and held its jaws open. Minor strength feats.

#46 Posted by destinyman75 (14674 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana was a good match for Thor before Ragnarock, Aquaman never was in his league. But after ragnarock and especially IW they both are outclassed now until they get better feats

#47 Posted by icec0ld (1317 posts) - - Show Bio

@malkavthemaven:

Thor is slow and nowhere near Superman or any of the Kryptonians speed.

Instead of making up feats show what he has actually done. Several of the human avengers have better speed feats that Thor. Captain America is shown to be decidedly faster than thor as is Ironman.

Thor has never moved or fought at superhuman speeds,never. Unless you can show him moving anywhere near what faora combat speed is, dodging supermans bullrush point blank and moving around him so fast he couldn't react to her. Show Thor doing anything remotely close or stop posting this nonsense.

#48 Posted by Batman242 (11927 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: they spent about 2 days in earth he spent 33 years he would have absorbed more solar energy than them. They were even through skill as they were not at equal stats maybe 50%.

The point was if Superman has reflexes to match his speed so would Thor.

Thor has deflected multiple blaster shots back to back. That is better than the rockets.

Still waiting on the strike feat that surpasses the hill putting him a good or more into the wall.

Oh also Thor did stop the dragon in ragnarok and held its jaws open. Minor strength feats.

No Caption Provided

#49 Posted by MalkavtheMaven (467 posts) - - Show Bio

@icec0ld: I have several times. I can't help it the DCEU cultist ignore what is brought up.

#50 Posted by Xy (964 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark would win even if Thor has Wankbreaker.