IW Thor vs EG Thor

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The fat Thor from Endgame challenges his younger self.

EG Thor has Stormbreaker and Mjolnir.

IW Thor has Stormbreaker.

Battle takes place in an empty Wakanda , and each Thor can't control the other's hammers .

Both are serious and would do everything to win .

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think that Thor was heavily nerfed in EG , and would lose miserably to IW thor. EG Thor was performing worse than Cap with Mjolnir against Thanos. And this was the firstly that Cap ever used the hammer .

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW easily.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iw

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Thor from his first two movies would beat EG Thor.

Gpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Human Thor from the first movie would stomp EG Thor.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ProfessorRespect

He was never physically nerfed. People seem to forget that Asgardians don't really lose their strength if they don't train. Hell, Valkyrie was a heavy alcoholic for months yet was still physically capable of fighting at her peak despite having no training whatsoever.

The limitation was more mentally placed, as Thor was overcome with guilt over losing his family, his people, and failing to save the universe from Thanos. You can see him struggle to get it together on multiple occasions, and it is clear that he just wasn't all there, even when he faced Thanos again.

That being said, IW Thor was more capable of fighting than his counterpart. He'll likely win.

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namebk: Nah , I think EG Thor would beat any previous version apart from the IW one . EG Thor has Stormbreaker , which is kind of a 1-shot weapon if it hits you . That's why he would defeat Mjolnir wielding Thors .

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

IW Thor for sure

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats IW thor, overall they are the same guy. Slight edge to IW as thor was in better shape.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: His mobility, combat speed and general health were clearly not the same as his usual self, they made it clear quite a lot.

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What’s the difference

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: His mobility, combat speed and general health were clearly not the same as his usual self, they made it clear quite a lot.

That was the alcohol/hangovers. He was physically the same person, but his abuse of alcohol and mental issues made him weaker. There was nothing suggesting he was massively weakened.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: the very fact that his mobility, and overall combat ability was lowered IS evidence suggesting he was massively weakened.

Your theory that it was all do to him being hungover is just headcanon. He spent 5 years sitting on his ass drinking beer, getting fat, and using SB as a bottle opener. He got weaker. Its clear as day.

Your point about Valkyrie is unprovable as we don't have a prime Valkyrie to compare the current one to. And, while drinking, she was still active during those years. She wasn't sitting in a chair playing Fortnight like Thor.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: His fatness and both Tony and Bruce saying he wasn't in any condition to use the gauntlet was plenty evidence and his clear slowness in the field and pretty sure he didn't even fly. His strength remained but mobility and speed were nowhere near his prime level

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats IW thor, overall they are the same guy. Slight edge to IW as thor was in better shape.

By feats EG is better

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@huthimamwa: "Prime" Valkyrie was the flashback one that fought Hela. After trying to drink himself to death for months, she then goes right back to fighting like nothing happened. There's no rust to be seen. Asgardians can get drunk and be effected by alcohol, but not to a strong extent, and I'm not even sure if it can kill them.

Oh sure, she didn't exactly just drink all day (she was doing stuff for Grandmaster) but she wasn't exactly active and fighting as hard as she was before, you know?

There's no proof Thor was more physically weakened than mentally. I've seen nothing convincing apart from stuff that either is irrelevant (Thor being fat when there were multiple Asgardian soldiers and warriors who are around about the same size as him, lol) or headcanon that doesn't have enough proof behind it to work.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@thorthunder98 said:

@diarrhearegatta: His fatness and both Tony and Bruce saying he wasn't in any condition to use the gauntlet was plenty evidence and his clear slowness in the field and pretty sure he didn't even fly. His strength remained but mobility and speed were nowhere near his prime level

I doubt he could use it anyway. It almost killed Hulk, and he only survived due to him absorbing most of the energy with gamma radiation, and even then, he's lost his entire arm and half of his upper body.

I never seen any slowness in the field. He was fighting just fine. This is Thanos, after all. His performance in IW with Thanos was just due to him catching him off guard. Thanos was ready and waiting this time, and after a point, he started fighting for real, full strength. You can see that moment when he takes the helmet off and he really starts losing his composure.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

IW Thor obviously, he was in shape, had a stable Mindset, was ruthless and dedicated.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I disagree, EG Thor was not only out of shape physically, but he was also constantly drunk and never had a warrior like mindset.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xzone  Online

Thor was impressive in End Game, but not as impressive as he was in Infinity war

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

Thor was impressive in End Game, but not as impressive as he was in Infinity war

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: As pointed out Valkyrie trained with Hulk all the time, spent her years capturing fighters for the Grandmaster, and drank herself silly but didn’t get fat or depressed/unable to move or leave her house.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW Thor craps all over EG Thor.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly feel like endgame is stronger in principle, as mentioned before it was just his mindset holding him back

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@rabumalal: That's why I think Thor's nerf is more mental than physical. Alcohol may have played a part, but it didn't weaken him to a big extent. His inability to keep his mental health in check was what made him weaker, not the lifestyle changes.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The star level one wins

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RabumAlal

@diarrhearegatta: It is probably a combination of both tho, you are right that it is more mental as he finally suffered the fallout from everything he lost (definitely lost way more than any other character). My point was that there is also a physical element to it.

Thor is 1500 years old but he probably never had 5 years where he just wallowed in pity and did no exercise. Asgardians drink/feast often and fight even more often. Prime” Valkyrie and Ragnarok one look exactly the same, no physical difference. Even if she was sad, she kept doing things and remained fit whereas Endgame definitely portrayed that Thor wasn’t the same in any regard, physical being obviously depicted.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phase 1 Thor could stomp. EG Thor was pathetic

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW have better feats so he wins.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW Thor would win in a close one.

Cap had AoU Thor’s powers and did about as well as EG Thor.

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365: I think cap performed much better than Thor did against Thanos . I don't recall Thor landing solid hits , but Cap did land several . Perhaps could have ended Thanos if he had Stormbreaker the 1-hit kill weapon instead of Mjolnir .

dark_globe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW thor stomps .
directors pretty much ruined thor in endgame
they throwed away his mental and power development from the past decade just so captain femimarvel (introduced sorta like instant soup) could shine
by the end of IW it was clear thor could pretty much solo this mission in EG (with a bit of help from the crew) ,
captain marvel should be pointless at this point and it was a mistake to introduce her in her solo movie .
that is the reason why they had to nerf thor so she would not be pointless in endgame .

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 death4bunnies  Online

I liked Thors story arc.

Nothing wrong with being a large mammal.

I also liked the beard braid.

He’s like a real Viking now.

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: I'm pretty sure that prime Thor could have survived the gauntlet. They guy is more durable than Hulk , has tanked the full force of a star , and can sometimes heal from near death injuries. Besides , if Tony could last a while after using the gauntlet , a much more powerful asgardian should be survive .

The only reason I guess no one allowed him to use the gauntlet was his condition . He was nowhere in mental or physical condition to wield the gauntlet . IW Thor probably could have .

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

Younger self lol

5 years is like a couple months for Thor

EG Thor is pathetic he gets stomped by IW Thor

deathsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deathsandwich

If Thor was in IW mode during endgame, do you think the fight would have gone differently?

I mean he did almost kill Thanos when he had the might of the infinity stones.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By spartankobe

@deathsandwich said:

If Thor was in IW mode during endgame, do you think the fight would have gone differently?

I thought that was more because Thanos was caught off guard in IW? Sure he was trying to zap him but it's like he didn't anticipate that Thor could take that attack with the Strombreaker.

I think Thor vs Thanos in IW ended the way it did because he surprised Thanos with his power and Thanos expected an easy fight.

deathsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathsandwich said:

I thought that was more because Thanos was caught off guard in IW? Sure he was trying to zap him but it's like he didn't anticipate that Thor could take that attack with the Strombreaker.

I think Thor vs Thanos in IW ended the way it did because he surprised Thanos with his power.

Thanos was surprised no doubt. But he did use the stones against Thor. There's no way he could have known how to limit their powers just after getting them for the first time. I think IW thor vs thanos in EG would be a joke.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

EG Thor. He's bigger, therefore stronger.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're the same people. IW thor got stomped about the same as EG thor and his combat speed or skill didn't seem to have been affected. People are just annoyed that they were wrong in claiming thor stomps Thanos because of the clear as day surprise attack he launched at him.

Both thor fought fodder and lost to Thanos

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet EG Thor would stomp IW Thor in a Fortnite 1v1.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW Thor stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't believe I have to keep saying this but there is literally zero proof Thor was weakened physically due to being out of shape or that he was slower (Thor has always been slow FFS).

Endgame Thor and IW Thor are the same people with the same feats and weaknesses. Everything else is just bs headcanon that can't be backed up by proof.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NiteLite

@darthvaderrocks: EG Thor's lightning seemed noticeably weaker than IW Thor's lightning,which was capable of knocking down Thanos.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nitelite: Cap with AoU level Thor's powers was able to knock down Thanos with lightning.

KingLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 is better than 1