Avatar image for finalkingthanos
#1 Posted by FinalKingThanos (916 posts) - - Show Bio

I know most might say Iron Man stomps haha but I think rewatching the fights in both films they actually end with Cul about to Stab a downed Iron Man and both times another hero saves him sooooo....

Straight head to head to the death in Grandmasters arena.

Tony has feats from both MK50 & 85.

Cul has all his weapons shown.

#2 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12445 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony blows him up

#3 Edited by skywalker95 (4976 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony slaughters him

#4 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28470 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, I'd like to side with Tony if he plays it smart, but Cull already defeated him, so it's close...

#6 Posted by ThunderPrince (7097 posts) - - Show Bio

Cull stomps just as he did in both of their fights.

#7 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (4373 posts) - - Show Bio

@finalkingthanos: In character Tony fights like a dumbass. If he fought smart he likely could have knocked Cull's head off with the rocket boosted hits and the laser or the tiny missiles that made huge fireballs.

#8 Posted by FinalKingThanos (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2:

Would you think that would be enough kill Cul? I guess problem is in character is how they are as characters ... lol so thats how he always fights

#9 Posted by The_Hajduk (6445 posts) - - Show Bio

Superheroes are almost always holding back in some way, and their main priority is usually preserving lives over actually winning the fight. I believe Tony's near-loss to Cull in New York is one such example. We saw how different a prepared and going for broke Iron Man looked in the fight against Thanos, where he landed moves that could probably end Cull if he replaced Thanos. Either way you look at it, Tony was not at full heroic motivation when he fought Cull. He was reacting to a crisis while Cull came to Earth prepared for a fight. The mental game usually changes everything in a fight.

#10 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (4373 posts) - - Show Bio

@finalkingthanos: Im not sure but Cull never tanked things of that level. Still the laser is his go to weapon when cutting durable material but he never used it in battles since IM2. Its as if he is a dumb character.

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#11 Posted by darthvaderrocks (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: If you have to say "if he fights smart" you're basically saying he's gonna lose because you know he will not fight smart.

OT: Cull wins yet again. He's been in positions to kill Tony in back to back films before someone saves him. Cull is Tony's kryptonite.

#12 Posted by darthvaderrocks (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: Cull was tanking shots from Hulkbuster, he would have tanked Iron Man's unquantifiable hits from his fight with Thanos. In fact, Cull has all the advantages due to his weapon. He can block all of Tony's attacks as seen in his fight with Tony, a hammer than he can launch Tony with and ultimately a sword to kill Tony with. Tony can't even touch Cull unless Cull allows him too.

#13 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28470 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthvaderrocks: I don't really remember the final battle in EG, so I'll have to rewatch it before I answer back here then.

#14 Posted by sportjames23 (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

Cull SMASH!

#15 Posted by AlphaQ (6463 posts) - - Show Bio

Cull wins again.

#16 Posted by darthvaderrocks (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: It's quick but it just further confirms Cull > Iron Man.

#17 Posted by FinalKingThanos (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthvaderrocks:

That’s something I wish was said more in these battles tbh especially with popular characters, even DCEU Supes when has he ever swooped in and ripped someone’s head off lol it’s not the way he fights yet people will use that even in non bloodlusted rounds

#18 Posted by FinalKingThanos (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000:

It’s short mate but it was roughly like this....

cuts to a scene of Tony one shotting a couple fodder and he turns to see Cul as he’s winding up a back hand, Tony shoots him twice (I think) but Cul just swings through it and smashes him against a rock wall. He then with the right hand with the blade gauntlet goes for an impale but Spider-Man webs him and pulls back just before he strikes.

#19 Posted by darthvaderrocks (1730 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28470 posts) - - Show Bio

@finalkingthanos: Ah, so basically the same thing that happened in IW. I was saying that based on what the Russos said about every hero giving it their best against Thanos on Titan just to stand in battle with him, Tony wasn't as serious as ever against Cull, but if this happens again, I'm changing my mind.

I'll check it out. I actually have the movie downloaded (in garbage quality) but I haven't rewatched all of the final battle, and it's pretty chaotic.

#21 Posted by FinalKingThanos (916 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000:

Yep pretty much it’s the main reason I wanted to ask this battle again as I feel Tony isn’t actually as powerful as he can’t be when in direct combat against Brick types, I feel he and Thor both have that Problem in the MCU.

Haha yep it sure is I can’t wait for the blue ray and to rewatch the background scenes etc to see what actions or feats I missed and just get a better look at the Avengers against Thanos too.

#22 Posted by nfactor1995 (12986 posts) - - Show Bio

Cull’s already beaten, or was about to beat him twice and there was no reason for Tony to hold back (obviously not bloodlusted, but fighting to win/kill).

#23 Posted by AlexTheBoss (18432 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman needed to be saved twice in his fight with Cull, and again in Endgame, though he was taken off guard that time. Ironman definitely has a chance, but I have to go with Cull.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
#24 Posted by deactivated-5cf823e3012e8 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony could beat Cull if he played it smart, but he doesn't, so he loses again.

#25 Edited by LuminousHydra (924 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop the the nonsense that Cull won against Tony. Iron man was knocked around and grounded multiple times but the battle was far from over. Just because x is capable of knocking down y, doesn't necessarily mean that x is stronger or even winning the fight the least bit. We see Hulk get knocked down by the Hulkbuster, but no one would say that Hulk was weaker or was losing the fight (until right up to the end of course).

Cull only lives for as long as he did because he has gear that would place him above the level of a regular mid-level character. He still loses to Tony eventually. Iron man is stronger, has better weaponry and is more durable. The only thing he is lacking in is melee range.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#26 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7661 posts) - - Show Bio

Cul almost killed Tony twice where he had to be saved by Wong and Peter

Cul was stomping Tony until Peter came to help him in IW

#27 Posted by Chubbs (940 posts) - - Show Bio

I really think Cull Obsidian would beat IW Ironman in a good fight. I don’t care if people think Ironman had a good showing against IW Thanos. As far as EG Ironman goes it’s hard to tell. His tech is newer but I personally think most of the Avengers seem a bit out of practice. Just a guess, but I’ll say IW Ironman loses while EG Ironman stalemates or takes a slight majority.