Itachi vs. Jiraiya

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Noone301994

Round 1: This is a healthy Itachi facing off against Jiraiya. Both are in character. They start 30 meters apart. Win by death or KO. No izanami or izanagi.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 2: This is edo-Itachi but he can't use susano'o (or izanami and izanagi) and Jiraiya starts off in sage mode.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The fight takes place at the valley of the end:

No Caption Provided

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooooh, this is going to be a good one.

I'll wait for more responses. I haven't watched Shippuden in a while.

Z'

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jashro44

Itachi wins round one pretty easily IMO. Jiraiya has no counter for Itachis susanoo. I guess in round 2 Jaraiya can try frog song but IIRC Itachi knows how to reverse genjutsu when caught in genjutsu so I doubt that would work considering itachis genjutsu is one of the highest in the series.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going Itachi on both.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Itachi handily both rounds.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you should make itachi non edo in round two.....

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rd1 Itachi rd 2 Jiraya by a large margine

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rd1 Itachi rd 2 Jiraya by a large margine

What's Jiraiya going to do to Itachi in the second fight?

Scandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scandy

Itachi is too much for Sannin.

Thats the whole reason Orochimaru went after Sasuke, Itachi was too strong.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@juiceboks said:

Itachi handily both rounds.

Jiraiya have no answer for Itachi sealing sword and mirror.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a good fight! I personally think Jiraiya did better against the pains than Itachi did against Nagato since he fought 6v1 and Itachi fought 1v3. Still I don't know if he has anything for Susanoo.

I'll say Itachi in round 1 and Jiraiya in round 2.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MetalJimmor

Jiraiya can counter Susano'o by waiting it out, guys. Itachi's chakra pool is fairly small and the cost to maintain it is massive, not to mention it quickly destroys his vision as he's using it. Jiraiya in Sage Mode is incredibly fast. I don't see why he couldn't keep out of Susano'o's range until Itachi cripples himself.

Granted Itachi should be smart enough to use that as a last resort and not an opening move. I'm just pointing out that without being an Edo, Itachi doesn't have the stamina to maintain Susano'o for very long.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

This is a great match, one I really wanted to see in the show, I would give it Jiraiya for the first round, the guy is crazy fast in Sage Mode, but round 2 goes to Itachi, who can spam Amateratsu and such with no ill effects.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jashro44

@metaljimmor said:

Jiraiya can counter Susano'o by waiting it out, guys. Itachi's chakra pool is fairly small and the cost to maintain it is massive, not to mention it quickly destroys his vision as he's using it. Jiraiya in Sage Mode is incredibly fast. I don't see why he couldn't keep out of Susano'o's range until Itachi cripples himself.

Because itachi himself is incredibly fast....He was able to keep up with KCM naruto and killer bee. Plus the sharingan. And Jaraiya cannot go sage mode instantly. It takes time. He isn't going to be able to make the jump. And thats assuming Itachi even needs susanoo.....

@roronuffy said:

This is a good fight! I personally think Jiraiya did better against the pains than Itachi did against Nagato since he fought 6v1 and Itachi fought 1v3. Still I don't know if he has anything for Susanoo.

I'll say Itachi in round 1 and Jiraiya in round 2.

Jaraiya fought the summoning path until he made it to sage mode, than 2 more paths joined in the fight. He then got ambushed and lost his arms before he could fight the 6 paths at once. Jaraiya never really did anything to pain, the only reason he had a chance was because of genjutsu which probably won't work on itachi given his skills with genjutsu.

Also IIRC wasn't it said that Nagato>pain? I thought naruto said he was on a different level...Not like Nagato did anything to Itachi (not saying itachi beat nagato because that is highly debateable).

Anime2114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi.

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You made Itachi healthy and able to use Susanoo? LOL Itachi curbstomps round 1 and wins mid-difficulty round 2.

If Itachi can use Susanoo for more that 2min it being hes healthy or edo, hes unbeatable. He cant be touched and once he tags you its over.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By slimj87d

Can go either way. Jiraiya has his sage mode and frog song, Itachi has his genjitsu.

Susanoo doesn't protect you from sound genjitsu, clearly as shown from Kabuto.

Nagato's dead bodies got stuck in the frog song, so I don't doubt Edo Tensei would be binded by it either.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jashro44

@slimj87d said:

Can go either way. Jiraiya has his sage mode and frog song, Itachi has his genjitsu.

But Jaraiya needs to make it to sage mode in round one...How will he do that? I don't think he can survive in his base form long enough. Also I don't know if genjutsu will work. Itachi has reversed genjutsu before...Granted the toads genjutsu is probably stronger but I don't know....What about armateratsu? How does Jaraiya counter that?

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Yeah you are right I guess it wasn't all 6 at the same time. As far as Nagato>Pain idk about that but Pain did seem a little weaker since he couldn't kill Naruto because they needed to capture the Kyubii. I think if he was trying to kill him then Naruto would be dead as evidenced when Nagato was about to kill Bee and Naruto at the same time. Also Edo Nagato would have been the same as pain arc Nagato because that's how he was when he died, though a little weaker actually since it wasn't a perfect Edo. So I'd put Pain and Nagato about the same in ability.

As far as Itachi beating him I think he would've got whooped had it not been a 3 on 1 and Nagato not been revived in his sickly and weak state.

All that being said I guess you're right and Itachi would probably win both. I still think it'd be a great fight though.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiraiya stomps round one

Loses round 2 due to unlimited chakra and regeneration

Anime2114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's already been stated that RM Naruto>SM Naruto, and that SM Naruto>SM Jiraiya. Itachi was able to keep up with and fight against Bee and RM Naruto.

Itachi wins.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@slimj87d said:

But Jaraiya needs to make it to sage mode in round one...How will he do that? I don't think he can survive in his base form long enough. Also I don't know if genjutsu will work. Itachi has reversed genjutsu before...Granted the toads genjutsu is probably stronger but I don't know....What about armateratsu? How does Jaraiya counter that?

Jiraiya is supposed to be a funjitsu master also, not many people are funjitsu masters or have feats doing it, so we overlook it often. Minato, his student, is also a funjitsu master. They have various ways to sealing things. From my memory, he was able to seal away and warp Amaterasu away one time. If he gets burned by it, then I don't think he can put it out.

Jiraiya can enter sage mode if he summons ma and pa toad to do it for him. He doesn't have to be in sage mode to do it, remember Ma and Pa tried to merge with a none sage mode Naruto.

Jiraiya quite often summons various kinds of toads to fight by his side or fight for him to become distractions, etc. I think he can perform enough distractions with his experience, techniques, knowledge and summons to get the frog song done.

Lets not forget Itachi doesn't have EMS, susanoo is very taxing on the body and chakra.

Right now, I think it can go either way. I'd have to think about it much more. Naruto characters are so versatile, I would have to see how well they are in various categories, unlike most comic book characters.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Itachi

Jiraiya

Jmarshmallow

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with Jash on both rounds.

Z'

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jashro44

@slimj87d: Fair point on sealing armateratsu. I forgot Jairaya could do that. Jiraiya had to get out a piece of paper to do that so not sure if Jariaya will be able to just do that while being burned, or if Itachi would let him.

I don't know if it will be that easy to seal it during a fight with someone like Itachi...Itachi beats Jaraiya in a few categories IMO and he is also pretty smart.

And how much can he seal? IIRC didn't Itachi in his fight with sasuke basically burn down a forest? And that was with his illness as well....All though I guess sealing would give Jaraiya a better chance in the edo round.

No Caption Provided

I know but it took time to summon ma and pa. I don't know, do you think Jaraiya would survive long enough? I was never really impressed by Jaraiya personally.....I imagine his summons could be dealt with the same way Itachi dealt with Nagatos dog clone summon with armertaratsu or if he uses susanoo he can seal them like he did to orochimarus 8 headed hydra.

All though the MS abilities are taxing I just don't think Jaraiya would last long against susanoo unless he is already in sage mode...The touska blade will end any summon or Jaraiya if it connects.

There is also the fact that Itachi stomped orochimaru multiple times (I am including his battle with sasuke) who should be around Jaraiyas level...

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Very true. The only thing that helps Jiraiya is sage mode and frog song, two things that Orochimaru is incapable of which would counter a ABC logic between the 3. The reason why I'm uncertain is because Itachi's stamina is a variable and Jiraiya's full knowledge of seals was never elaborated on.

I can see why you think Itachi would win because he has powerful weapons that can finish Jiraiya in various ways while Jiraiya only has distractions to get Itachi tired and the frog song.

I think if Jiraiya is capable of getting into sage mode, he can win it. If Itachi stops him from doing that, then Itachi wins it. Those are the key points, Itachi should probably take the majority but slightly.

Two of the best characters in the series IMO. They both helped our main characters develop.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@jashro44: Very true. The only thing that helps Jiraiya is sage mode and frog song, two things that Orochimaru is incapable of which would counter a ABC logic between the 3. The reason why I'm uncertain is because Itachi's stamina is a variable and Jiraiya's full knowledge of seals was never elaborated on.

I can see why you think Itachi would win because he has powerful weapons that can finish Jiraiya in various ways while Jiraiya only has distractions to get Itachi tired and the frog song.

I think if Jiraiya is capable of getting into sage mode, he can win it. If Itachi stops him from doing that, then Itachi wins it. Those are the key points, Itachi should probably take the majority but slightly.

Two of the best characters in the series IMO. They both helped our main characters develop.

I can agree with everything you've said here.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably itacbi, but if jiraiya go into sage mode.....then itachi will lose. Even though Itachi could keep up naruto in h2h combat doesnt mean he can keep up with Jiraiya. Jiraiya taijutsu skills are far better than Naruto. And nothing will save itachi from sound based genjutsu....itachi was hepless against kabuto's genjutsu. He only got out because of sasuke. And Itachi will only usr Amaterasu and Susanoo as a last resort. If itachi can end it before sage mode is activated then he win a solid majority. If not, then Jiraiya will crush Itachi every time

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Itachi both rounds.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably itacbi, but if jiraiya go into sage mode.....then itachi will lose. Even though Itachi could keep up naruto in h2h combat doesnt mean he can keep up with Jiraiya. Jiraiya taijutsu skills are far better than Naruto. And nothing will save itachi from sound based genjutsu....itachi was hepless against kabuto's genjutsu. He only got out because of sasuke. And Itachi will only usr Amaterasu and Susanoo as a last resort. If itachi can end it before sage mode is activated then he win a solid majority. If not, then Jiraiya will crush Itachi every time

Welcome to 10 minutes ago bro!

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It won't take sage mode to finish itachi in round one

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi. Jiraiya even said Itachi is stronger than him.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By ComicStooge

@thevivas said:

Wasn't it the other way around?

In any case, Jiraya can suck Itachi out the bottom on the Susanoo through his feet with Swamp of the Underworld.

Loading Video...

This can work against a guy like Madara:

Loading Video...

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

Itachi said he didn't think he'd survive a fight with Jiraiya which is why he ran away the first time Kisame and him went after Naruto.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Itachi already stated to Kisame that if the two of them fight Jiraiya, the best the two of them can do is stalemate.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: @night4345: Don't tell me........I'm thinking of Orochimaru aren't I? Lol. Either way Itachi still wins

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WastelandMan

I'm feeling Jiraiya both rounds but with difficulty, of course.

Round 1: Despite being healthy, Itachi's stamina still sucks and I feel Jiraiya would outlast him.

Round 2: I would've given this to Itachi because stamina is no longer an issue, but he has no susano'o and Jiraiya has Sage mode.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Yes, that's why he went after Sasuke in the first place.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By termiteone4ever

I like both characters but Itachi . If i recall was hokage intellect at age 7 fight wise here he has the edge over Jiraiya

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Saint_of_Origin

@OverLordArhas: It's very obvious to us now that Itachi only said that to avoid giving Kisame a reason to fight.

I think we can all agree that Kisame is inferior to Itachi, even sick Itachi. I believe it was hinted at or even said flat out at a point in their partnership. Kisame is strong enough to capture a fully realized Jinchuriki, Killer Bee (while KB is alone), Jiraiya struggled with 3 tailed chakra cloak Naruto. Granted he was probably holding back, but do you really think that the difference in Jiraiya holding back is = to the difference between a 3 tailed CC Naruto and a Jinchuriki that has completely bonded with its tailed beast? I honestly don't. Therefore it stands to reason that even if sick Itachi is NOT stronger than Kisame, he's at least =, which also means he's stronger than Killer Bee. That means healthy Itachi is beyond Jinchuriki/Bijuu strength, which Jiraiya is not. This is point number one. Onto point two.

The stats.

Intelligence:

Itachi- Itachi is probably on par with Shikamaru in this respect. Maybe not when it comes to step by step strategy planning, but Itachi is THE BEST at analysis. He discovers weaknesses to moves nigh instantly after seeing them, he can read almost any person like a children's book, and he's near impossible to read in return. He's aldo had Hokage-level wisdom since the age of 7.

Jiraiya- Pretty much the only thing he's got going for him is age/experience. That's it. He's never been mentioned to be exceptionally smart, and he didn't grow up pranking everyone like Naruto, so he lacks that creative edge in his strategy.

Itachi takes intelligence by a absolutely HUGE margin. Moving on.

Speed:

Itachi- Fast enough to keep up with KCM Naruto in taijutsu, fast enough to weave hand signs that are invisible to even a fully matured Sharingan, and let's not forget the BLISTERING speed of that shuriken battle with Sasuke. Itachi is definitely a lightning quick shinobi.

Jiraiya- Above average base, pretty fast in SM. I'll admit I don't know a TON about Jiraiya, as I've done more research into Itachi, however I don't remember any particular exploits that even implied his SM was of notable speed. Feel free to inform me of any.

Itachi takes it by a large margin again. Let's continue.

Stamina:

Itachi- As a dying, sickly, going completely blind shinobi, it was stated that Itachi had horrible stamina/chakra reserves, however he's healthy in this situation so I'd say it's completely logical to say his chakra/stamina is at the level of any advanced shinobi.

Jiraiya- Gutsy sage has this in spades. Jiraiya is extremely well off in both chakra levels and physical endurance. He's shown many times that he can push himself to outrageous limits, and he consistently uses high chakra consuming jutsu without much exhaustion on his part.

Jiraiya takes this by a big margin, as much as I love Itachi, he was never known to be good at holding out. Continuing.

Ninjutsu:

Itachi- Susano'o (Includes Yasaka Magatama, Totsuka Blade, and Yata Mirror), Amaterasu, exploding clones, crow clones, various high level Katon, any jutsu he might have copied over time, and any copiable jutsu Jiraiya is careless enough to show him.

Jiraiya- Rasengan (includes it's variations), combination Katon, Underworld Swamp, Toad Mouth, Summoning, Summoning: Mayhem, and Needle Jizo. Again, not an expert on Jiraiya but feel free to inform me.

Itachi takes this by a decent margin, Susano'o on its own is enough to warrant an edge, but add that to his vast array of other almost instantly deadly jutsu and I don't see how Jiraiya boy is topping it.

Taijutsu:

Itachi- Strong enough to kick Kurenai halfway across a canal, already brought up speed, and has the Sharingan to track and react to Taijutsu.

Jiraiya- Pretty powerful, not extremely quick, base not excelling at all here. SM adds Frog Kumite and better reaction times.

Itachi takes it with Jiraiya in base, Jiraiya in SM brings it up to a draw.

Genjutsu:

Itachi- Absolutely the God of Genjutsu (save Shisui's Komoamatsukami). Tsukuyomi alters an opponents perception of time (happens in a moment, feels like days), can overcome a Genjutsu master (Kurenai) with almost ZERO effort, can cast powerful Genjutsu with any part of his body, even crows. A master of understanding and exploiting the human psyche.

Jiraiya- Average skill with breaking out of Genjutsu, frog song, no other notable talent.

Itachi takes this by storm. Yes, Jiraiya has frog song, but I can't see Itachi getting caught in it, and even if he does, I can see him breaking out of it using a KB to cast a Genjutsu on himself much like with Sasuke in the Kabuto fight.

All in all, Itachi is a vastly superior Shinobi. Due to both his bloodline AND unique talent. I can't see any way for Jiraiya to stop the countless deadly threats coming at him, and keeping as calm of a head as Itachi in the heat of battle. I believe Itachi is going to win both battles quite easily. He will break apart all of Jiraiya's moves, and respond with an extremely well thought out strategy that probably never even puts him in danger.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi wins.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Wow, I'm really impressed you know so much about Naruto. Have you been reading a lot? Also, the way you described the fight between Jaraiya and the 6 Paths of Pain was 100% accurate.

Regarding the fight, Itachi should win both rounds. For round 2, Itachi won't really need the Yata mirror shield as long as he is in Edo Tensei, and with infinite chakra, he can spam his most powerful Jutsus as much as he damn well pleases.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ssj_god

again itachi wins

why are so much jiraiya vs itachi threads running on lately? itachi vs nagato/pain would make a far better match.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachi.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me said:

@jashro44: Wow, I'm really impressed you know so much about Naruto. Have you been reading a lot? Also, the way you described the fight between Jaraiya and the 6 Paths of Pain was 100% accurate.

Regarding the fight, Itachi should win both rounds. For round 2, Itachi won't really need the Yata mirror shield as long as he is in Edo Tensei, and with infinite chakra, he can spam his most powerful Jutsus as much as he damn well pleases.

I haven't read every chapter but I've read a bit. All though thanks.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: @ssj_god:

@jashro44: No problem.

@ssj_god: It's been done before a few times. Both characters are close in power, and because they both generate a high fan base, things get kind of heated and arguments tend to start in those threads.

I personally believe that Itachi and Negato are pretty much equals. There is plenty of evidence to show that, but if I had to lean towards a certain character in the fight, I would be more inclined to pick Itachi. But like I said, they should tie in a fight.

Schmalzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Schmalzel

Granted Itachi should be smart enough to use that as a last resort and not an opening move. I'm just pointing out that without being an Edo, Itachi doesn't have the stamina to maintain Susano'o for very long.

No Caption Provided
brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

itachi. He is one of the most effective ninja