#1 Posted by Scotchbear (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

Since he is the author avatar for toriyama is he omnipotent?

He has an argument with goku vegeta and Frieza about how he is the one who brought Frieza back and all that for dbs. Showing toribot is the one running the dbverse

#2 Posted by JOVIOLMA (6609 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by AbyssFleet (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: lol damn

you show no mercy to dragonball huh?

#4 Edited by decaf_wizard (17006 posts) - - Show Bio

He is Toriyama though. He is literally the author's self insert

#6 Posted by JOVIOLMA (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

I like DB but sadly, by feats, Tori is not Omnipotent, he is simple a Gag Avatar from the Actor, is just a way to introduce himself in his own stories in a funny way, to be Omnipotent someone like Whis, or Zeno would at least need to say that he is Above Everyone and everything, just like The One Above All from Marvel, Toribot is just a gag avatar, that is a fodder in his own verse LOL, draw Dr.Slump don't grant him Omnipotence.

#7 Posted by kasya_carey (5602 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought zeno was strong but I was wrong

#8 Edited by Scotchbear (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: how can you claim to like Dragonball but hate everything about db?

You literally debate against every db character posted... lol

It’s related to battles.

#9 Posted by Scotchbear (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: he also does have a panel stating he has supreme say and power in db

For the 30th anniversary he says he is the one who saved vegeta from death, he is the one who revived Frieza, he is the one who made them, etc.

This shows he is the one in control of the verse

#10 Posted by Gaoron (8965 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma said:
@abyssfleet said:

I like DB but sadly, by feats, Tori is not Omnipotent, he is simple a Gag Avatar from the Actor, is just a way to introduce himself in his own stories in a funny way, to be Omnipotent someone like Whis, or Zeno would at least need to say that he is Above Everyone and everything, just like The One Above All from Marvel, Toribot is just a gag avatar, that is a fodder in his own verse LOL, draw Dr.Slump don't grant him Omnipotence.

But he is above all. Toribot controls fate of every character in the verse.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdfefecea198
#11 Posted by deactivated-5bdfefecea198 (531 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems that despite being the writer he doesn't have god like powers when he's actually in the story.

#12 Posted by JOVIOLMA (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@gaoron said:
@joviolma said:
@abyssfleet said:

But he is above all. Toribot controls fate of every character in the verse.

No Caption Provided

Still don't grant him Omnipotence, this is just a gag comic that is not even canon to the source material, and I never deny the fact that he have full control of his own work, he obviously can manipulate them all as he wish, but comparable to another characters, he is not Omnipotent.

#13 Posted by Scotchbear (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@awshucks: see above post. He states he does control what happens. He decides what happens, how it happens, when it happens, etc.

#14 Posted by Scotchbear (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: this is more canon than the dbs anime and manga.

They are just based on toriyamas script

This page was drawn by toriyamas own pen.

It may as well be gospel if it comes from his pen when it comes to dbverse.

#15 Posted by Gaoron (8965 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: If he can manipulate characters whenever he wants to then he is omnipotent, that's the very definition of a omnipotent being. That mini comic was written by Toriyama so it is canon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdfefecea198
#16 Edited by deactivated-5bdfefecea198 (531 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear: Yeah but I think Toribot just speaks for Toriyama and could still be smashed by Frieza if he made him mad. Toribot isn't really Toriyama, just a way for him to talk to characters.

#17 Edited by JOVIOLMA (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear said:

@joviolma: how can you claim to like Dragonball but hate everything about db?

Claim this is a huge accusation, I like DB and all but the fandom sometimes is annoying and I don't like to see people wanking DB gives the fandom a bad name, and I miss the time I could argue with someone without any flame war, trust me, I read half of my posts in the past and saw that I was a huge Naruto wanker, I personally believe that Naruto characters God Tiers are at maximum Namek Frieza tiers at least in speed and striking force, but not DC, so is normal I argue that Naruto character(Insert God tier name) would beat DB Character(Insert Saiyan saga tier name), and half of the threads in DB puts a FTL Dude with barely Galaxy level feats, against a dude with confirmed Universal +, Multi-Universal feats with MFTL speed and absurd hax, is obviously that I will vote against DB

You literally debate against every db character posted... lol

How this mean I hate DB ? LOL, is simple mean that the character used in that battle in my opinion would win against the DB character because by consistent feats he is fetter and have a better haxes, etc. Just Like Saint Seiya characters and TTGL characters, as well Umineko.

#18 Posted by JOVIOLMA (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@gaoron said:

@joviolma: If he can manipulate characters whenever he wants to then he is omnipotent, that's the very definition of a omnipotent being. That mini comic was written by Toriyama so it is canon.

Like the user below stated, Toribot only is a funny way to introduce himself in his own story not a All Mighty Omnipotent being, Toriyama is simple creating a character to communicate with Goku and Vegeta, Toriyama is Omnipotent(the author) not the Gag Avatar, he is just a funny character that have terrible feats, and how this scene is canon ? Just because Toriyama draw it ? This is not even connected to the main timeline of canon events of the Series from Dragon Ball Super, and in both anime and manga Zeno was stated to be the strongest character from DB and the King of All.

#19 Posted by Scotchbear (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: let’s not get too off topic.

You as a db fan know db lacks feats and is mostly scaling and statements. So why do you demand feats when you know there probably isn’t any?

And here you have a picture perfect page drawn by toriyama himself talking about how he runs shit lol and you still deny it

#20 Edited by JOVIOLMA (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear said:

@joviolma: this is more canon than the dbs anime and manga.

They are just based on toriyamas script

This page was drawn by toriyamas own pen.

It may as well be gospel if it comes from his pen when it comes to dbverse.

No it's not canon, just a gag comic created by Tori to celebrate the 30th Anniversary, and this is not even connected to the main timeline of the canon story, and claim that this is canon just because Toriyama draw it is like claim that Broly is canon, because as far I'm concerned Tori was the one who draw him.

No connection to the main timeline and the canon manga = non canon

#21 Edited by JOVIOLMA (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear said:

@joviolma: let’s not get too off topic.

We are already off topic, the simple fact of creating a thread about Toribot and his Omnipotence when is not battle related is already off topic.

You as a db fan know db lacks feats and is mostly scaling and statements. So why do you demand feats when you know there probably isn’t any?

If they have no feats and statements proving that they are Universal why even create a battle with Universal MFTL dudes ? Is in vain, and if don't exist feats, the battle shouldn't even exist to being with

And here you have a picture perfect page drawn by toriyama himself talking about how he runs shit lol and you still deny it

Not once I deny the fact that Toriyama(the Author and drawer) is Omnipotent, my point is that Toribot(the Gag Avatar) is not Omnipotent, he is only a way of communication used by Toriyama and a Funny way to insert himself in the series and was represented multiple times as a fodder, and by Canon statements of the manga and anime, Zeno is the King of All. My point once again is that you claim multiple times: ''No one can solo DB verse''

Everyone with High Multiversal power can solo DB Verse, Toribot can't do jack sh't against people from another verses considering that Toriyama would only draw himself in the battle if he draw the battle, but here on CV we use feats and statements, and by feats Tori Bot is fodder, Toriyama simple want to insert himself in his stories and he communicates via Toribot, Zeno is the ruler of Everything.

#22 Posted by Scotchbear (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: toribot in that page never states his avatar is powerless

His avatar states “I saved you” “I brought you back” “I made you famous” etc

Toribot is saying this, not toriyama.

Toribot is fodder because toriyama himself chooses to make himself fodder once those scenarios. He controls everything. Omnipotents can make themselves fodder if they want to. They can do whatever they want.

#23 Posted by JOVIOLMA (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: toribot in that page never states his avatar is powerless

No once I stated this...My point is that he was stomped multiple times in his mangas like Dr. Slump even by normal humans.

His avatar states “I saved you” “I brought you back” “I made you famous” etc

Toribot is saying this, not toriyama.

Yeah, I mean, makes total sense Toribot exist in real life and being the one who draws DB Verse...

Get over dude, Toriyama is the one how draw both Goku and Vegeta and is simple using his avatar to communicate with them when he said:'' I'' he is referring to himself in real life, not to the character that is not even canon to the main timeline.

Toribot is fodder because toriyama himself chooses to make himself fodder once those scenarios. He controls everything. Omnipotents can make themselves fodder if they want to. They can do whatever they want.

Except that Toribot is not Omnipotent, only a Gag Avatar, and again, Toriyama is simple using his character to communicate with their boths

#24 Edited by Scotchbear (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: because toribot is toriyama. He is the author.

Aka he’s omnipotent.

He gets stomped because he chooses to be stomped.

TOAA could let a human murder him with a stick if it’s what he wanted.

Toribot said “I” addressing himself. When toribot is present, yes he is an avatar of the author. Avatar authors are commonly omnipotent.

Gag or not makes no difference, arale is a completely gag character and her gag feats worked in a fight. Hell a lot of gag characters got banned from battles because they were too ridiculously op

For someone who likes db you sure don’t give their characters very much credit

#25 Edited by JOVIOLMA (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear said:

@joviolma: because toribot is toriyama. He is the author.

Aka he’s omnipotent.

Toriyama the drawer is in fact Omnipotent while drawing his characters, his character is not, and don't have feats to support this, is just a way to insert himself in some of his stories and communicate with his own characters, should be noted that Toriyama had multiple avatars in the past, you can find this in the same Link that I posted in the beginning.

He gets stomped because he chooses to be stomped.

TOAA could let a human murder him with a stick if it’s what he wanted.

I really doubt that TOAA, the real All mighty being above all and everything in marvel would die, even if he wishes.

Toribot said “I” addressing himself. When toribot is present, yes he is an avatar of the author. Avatar authors are commonly omnipotent.

Gag or not makes no difference, arale is a completely gag character and her gag feats worked in a fight. Hell a lot of gag characters got banned from battles because they were too ridiculously op

''I'' is addressing to Toriyama who is communicating via Toribot, being some avatar from the author don't grant him Omnipotence.

Arale is strong and all but was threatened to be destroyed by Beerus, so Beerus > Toon force from DB, in the end of the day she is barely Universal, and her best feat was going off panel

For someone who likes db you sure don’t give their characters very much credit

Because you keep repeating the same argument:

Toriyama draws a comic and to insert himself he draws Toribot as some representation, Toribot is not a canon character, and his powers are not from him, everything that he does is what Toriyama draws for him to do, he can't be used in a battle because he is Useless, unless Toriyama is the one controlling him.

#26 Posted by Scotchbear (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: toribot is completely canon. He’s present in dr slump which resides in dbverse

If TOAA couldn’t kill himself then he isn’t omnipotent.

Toriyama by your own admission is omnipotent

Since toribot is toriyama toribot is omnipotent.

Why do you lowball and deny everything db related? You literally deny all db related stats and such...

#27 Edited by JOVIOLMA (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear said:

@joviolma:

toribot is completely canon. He’s present in dr slump which resides in dbverse

When was stated that he was canon ? Because by canon statements he was said to be above only the Supreme Kai.

If TOAA couldn’t kill himself then he isn’t omnipotent.

If he can be affected by the concept of death and die then he is not Omnipotent, now we have a paradox :P

Toriyama by your own admission is omnipotent

Since toribot is toriyama toribot is omnipotent.

Toriyama=Author, and drawer from DB, overseen and approved what he wants and draw what he wants in his verse

Toribot= Just one of a few Toriyama gag avatars that have no signal of Omnipotence but communicate with Goku and Vegeta

Why do you lowball and deny everyed? You literally deny all db related stats and such...thing db relat

Because:

There is no feat of Omnipotence that don't is not from Toriyama

Toribot is simple a gag avatar with no feats that Toriyama is using to communicate with Goku and Vegeta

He was stated to be only Above the Supreme Kai, by canon statements Zeno is said to be the King of All

Absolutely almost no one agrees in that thread that Toribot is Omnipotent, seriously TheDarkPaladin literally debunked everyone in that thread claim that he is Omnipotent

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/dragon-ball-universe/4015-56629/forums/is-toribot-technically-omnipotent-1934160/?page=2

Now about the thread itself, you should really delete this or call a mod to close, this have nothing to do with Battles in first place.

#28 Posted by Scotchbear (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: he stated his opinion why he thinks toribot isn’t omnipotent

Thedarkpaladins opinion is not the end all be all of debates.

You have a legit page, written by toriyama himself. Showing TORIBOT telling the cast he controls everything

No where does toribot say “ya btw I am powerless, toriyama is” you’ll have to prove to me that toribot isn’t talking about himself in that page.

#29 Edited by JOVIOLMA (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear said:

@joviolma: he stated his opinion why he thinks toribot isn’t omnipotent

Thedarkpaladins opinion is not the end all be all of debates.

You have a legit page, written by toriyama himself. Showing TORIBOT telling the cast he controls everything

No where does toribot say “ya btw I am powerless, toriyama is” you’ll have to prove to me that toribot isn’t talking about himself in that page.

No, everything that we have is a gag page unrelated to the canon history where Toriyama communicate with his characters using one of his avatars, in no moment was said that he rule over everything he simple referred to himself in RL to the one that created Goku andVegeta

Also, like you stated, TDP give his opinion, as well I give mine, if you really thinks that Tori is Omnipotent without reasons but a gag comic where Toriyama use a Avatar to communicate with his characters that's already not my problem, in the end, you created a thread with your opinion in mind for reasons ? By the way, good luck convincing someone that Toribot is in fact the ruler of everything and God, instead of a Gag Avatar from the Author that's not even present in the canon timeline and was never mentioned in manga, anime or movies.

#30 Edited by Sungsam (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear: As proven by Jovi.

Toribot's indication of Omnipotence are mostly run on JIS (Joke induced stupidity) the fact that Toribot's declared Omnipotence is from a non canon storyline already proves that Toriyama doesn't really want to serious LORE aspect to consider Toribot as Omnipotent to the DBverse.

#31 Posted by JOVIOLMA (6609 posts) - - Show Bio

@sungsam said:

@scotchbear: As proven by Jovi.

Toribot's indication of Omnipotence are mostly run on JIS (Joke induced stupidity) the fact that Toribot's declared Omnipotence is from a non canon storyline already proves that Toriyama doesn't really want to serious LORE aspect to consider Toribot as Omnipotent to the DBverse.

Thanks... I think.

Btw good luck with him, I gonna sleep.

#32 Posted by Scotchbear (2226 posts) - - Show Bio

@sungsam: head canon.

You are both assuming toriyama cares about his role as toribot.

Gag or not makes no difference

Toribot has no limits within the dbverse. Toriyama can do anything he wants within his own verse.

You can’t downplay honcho from omnipotent status.m because he jokes around as toribot. Omnipotent characters don’t have to be serious or even involved

Hell most omnipotents have 0 feats, and are rarely even seen

#33 Edited by Sungsam (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

@scotchbear said:

@sungsam: head canon.

You are both assuming toriyama cares about his role as toribot.

Gag or not makes no difference

Toribot has no limits within the dbverse. Toriyama can do anything he wants within his own verse.

You can’t downplay honcho from omnipotent status.m because he jokes around as toribot. Omnipotent characters don’t have to be serious or even involved

Hell most omnipotents have 0 feats, and are rarely even seen

Omnipotent characters can create a Brothel the size of a Multiverse, filled with Multiversal Hookers for all I care for the lulz. I do not speak of the intention of an Omnipotent character's humor. What I mean is Toriyama's intention with that character was a 1 time, outlier JIS just like when Squirrel Girl beat Thanos. The fact that Toriyama is isolating Tori-Bot's Supreme Power to a non-canon comic already proves that Toriyama does not intend Tori-BOt to be in power of all of Toriyama's imagination (fiction) Tori-Bot would have to repeat that Supremacy statement in Canon Dragonball itself and appear there, but he hasn't, or correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, Toriyama in our world, can do whatever he wants to Dragonball, but that's not a good counter. That's like saying Goku is Omnipotent because Toriyama can retcon him to be Omnipotent and can do whatever wants. Whether an Author can make a character like this or like that is not a good argument otherwise, this entire forum, no, all battle forums would be meaningless. Toriyama can do whatever he wants with his characters, doesn't mean that he has done what you want him to do with his characters. You could just as well argue that Grant Morrison can do whatever he wants with Batman, therefore Batman can be Omnipotent because Grant Morrison CAN make Batman Omnipotent.

Good thing we don't talk about asking feats on Omnipotents because trying to prove and count infinity to prove infinity is a waste of everyone's time. Trying to prove Omnipotent characters are Omnipotent is as much useless as asking for proof that Spiderman's webs are biologically possible so we just skip the logic "prove this" shit. Glad we agree here at least.

#34 Posted by Gaoron (8965 posts) - - Show Bio

@joviolma: Toriyama IS a toribot so it makes no difference tbh.

#35 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5730 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't tell.

Some creators doesn't make themselves Omnipotent.

#36 Posted by Tabbender (393 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no such thing as omnipotence, it's a NLF

#37 Posted by ArranVid (2132 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no such thing as omnipotence, it's a NLF

I don't agree there. In some Hindu prayers, the words directly translate to "Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent" so the Hindus do know the limits of their Gods...which is no limits! There are many stories that clearly show the immortality and omnipotence of many of the Gods and Goddesses in Hinduism.

#38 Posted by frostplatinum (427 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I've never understood how this was even a question. It's very likely that none of this was ever supposed to be taken this seriously, Toriyama probably just wanted a character strongly resembling him in DB, not as the literal author. Especially considering that he is also limited by his editor. And he was even stated to be around the Supreme Kai in power. Who obviously is nowhere near omnipotent, or even the most powerful in the series. Even ignoring all of that, there were anti feats on panel that contradicted his supposed "omnipotence." Like getting lost on Master Roshi's island and getting scared of great ape Goku.