Is MCU Black Widow physically enhanced?

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is MCU Black Widow physically enhanced? (34 votes)

Yes, to some degree, her stats have been enhanced beyond what is possible for her size 32%
No, she is just very heavily trained and has a lot of experience 68%

I’m not talking Super Soldier Serum levels, but has Natasha Romanoff been enhanced to have physical stats that an ordinary, heavily trained woman could not achieve?

I ask because of consistent insistence in fighting in CQC with alien species much stronger than herself. Her kick sent Corvus flying through the air, she blocked downwards strikes from Proxima with her staff and didn’t cave (when Proxima could bust through concrete with casual hits), and over the course of the MCU, using her fists or short batons, fought Chitauri, ultron bots, and outriders. She was also slapped by the Hulk and was fine.

• 
Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Cruelrain

They never talked about that in the MCU so no

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cocacolaman  Moderator

In-verse? No, she’s just an incredibly strong, incredibly skilled human.

Realistically, no person, regardless of age, gender, etc. will ever do anything like what she does. But fictional peak humans are often superhuman for IRL standards.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

They never talked about that in the MCU.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Natasha's official Marvel profile and Scarlett Johansson have confirmed she isn't. Her birthdate as revealed in TWS doesn't even match a longevity serum injection like in the 616. And then there's the fact that there are humans in the MCU stronger than her (M'Baku) and humans skilled enough to punch above their weight class like her (Hawkeye).

She's superhuman by IRL standards on account of being a CBM peak human.

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I would use Okoye instead of Clint for the skilled enough argument. Clint never impressed me; the strongest thing he’s ever fought is an outrider. Widow fought Corvus, Bucky, and Proxima, the second being without guns or gear that she could fight him with.

BBIronman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes but not the same as your first option suggest.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never seen her doing something impossible to achieve by the most skilled people at that department. I mean, you can argue the amount of skills she's got, she is unrealistically capable in a whole lotta things, but that it.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By real life standards? Yes. Canonically? No.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr2011 said:

@anthp2000: I would use Okoye instead of Clint for the skilled enough argument. Clint never impressed me; the strongest thing he’s ever fought is an outrider. Widow fought Corvus, Bucky, and Proxima, the second being without guns or gear that she could fight him with.

Isn't the strongest thing Okoye ever fought also an Outrider? She had backup against N'Jadaka, meanwhile Clint fought T'Challa head-on, by himself.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

By real life standards? Yes. Canonically? No.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zr2011 said:

Isn't the strongest thing Okoye ever fought also an Outrider? She had backup against N'Jadaka, meanwhile Clint fought T'Challa head-on, by himself.

No. She beat Corvus as well. And Corvus was taking on Cap and Vision(though injured) in 1v1.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Forgot about Corvus.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In-verse? No, she’s just an incredibly strong, incredibly skilled human.

Realistically, no person, regardless of age, gender, etc. will ever do anything like what she does. But fictional peak humans are often superhuman for IRL standards.

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
DeutschKurzhaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Face palm

Avatar image for deactivated-614da662d6bee
deactivated-614da662d6bee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points