Is Ghost Rider the most powerful Marvel character?

• 79 results
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@shiryu said:

@thundergodswrath:

So then, I'm guessing fully Zarathos-powered Johnny Blaze is superior to even Silver Surfer and Thor. Is this true?

Yes.

In Zarathos own way, yes. Silver Surfer was beaten easily by Mephisto in power to power. Zarathos trumps Mephisto in power on a scale.

On top of this his only weakness would Magic and Heaven Weapons.

SS has neither.

@thundergodswrath: Of course I mean Zarathos :P

Blaze or Ketch level GRs are Street Level and can be killed or KO by Hulk level beings in one shot.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

TOAA is the most powerful

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

@thundergodswrath:

Wow. I had no idea. I'd like to read a comic where his full power is actually shown. Or does he have any feats already where he shows his ability when possessed by Zarathos? Oh, and one more question: could he beat Parallax Hal Jordan without reality warping?

I'm not sure. You would have to ask the Ghost Rider expert. @cadencev2

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@norrinboltagonprime21:

Despite the title, I think the thread creator meant the most powerful Earth-bound Marvel superhero.

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not believe Reality Warpers can touch GR since Zadkiel was a World Level Reality Warper and GR was Immune ti him.

GR is same league as Mephisto. So anyone who can beat Mephisto should beat GR at his best.

However! GR is IMMUNE to Non Magical, Psychics, and Reality Warping.

So the only way to harm him is through very powerful Magic.

Silver Surfer cannot harm him. Beta Ray Bill without the strict use of Storm Breaker cannot. Same with Thor without strict use of Mjonir. Green Phoenix like being cannot harm him. Neither could Dark Phoenix IMO.

In the end the best way to beat GR at his best, without picking sky fathers, and with no prep is....

1. Dormammu
  2. Dr. Strange
  3. Son of Satan
  4. Classic Juggernaut
  5. Man Thing

That is my list in order.

I don't think he is immune, just resistant to a higher degree. For starters, when Zadkiel apparently took over "God's throne" i highly doubt that "god" is synonymous with TOAA barring that he did not even demonstrate powers to even hold that title. Secondly I'm sure high tier warpers such as Franklin or Jaspers could easily dispatch. I feel many of your laims are nothing more than just assumptions in all honestly. DO you have concrete proof, rather than that ambiguous instance with Zadkiel?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Pokergeist

I don't think he is immune, just resistant to a higher degree. For starters, when Zadkiel apparently took over "God's throne" i highly doubt that "god" is synonymous with TOAA barring that he did not even demonstrate powers to even hold that title. Secondly I'm sure high tier warpers such as Franklin or Jaspers could easily dispatch. I feel many of your laims are nothing more than just assumptions in all honestly. DO you have concrete proof, rather than that ambiguous instance with Zadkiel?

Nope. However as with the evidence, what evidence is there that is concrete that he is not straight out immune?

It simply failed to work in any way. That shouts immunity to me.

Its neither here nor there. People who believe other wise will believe otherwise.

I see the facts as God according to Tomb of Dracula, Son of Satan, and Ghost Rider Comics is the creator of the Universe and all in it. He made Earth the most important part of the balance of the Cosmos. Makes sense as everything Universal Important happens there, no one can argue this. As well as GR being Gods own power and Wrath on Earth.

I seen Angels who serve god that are as powerful as Mephisto. The mere Angels are Mephisto level. The Best Hell Lords all fear and speak of "God" at one time or another.

The list goes on that their is indeed a God figure and if his servants are Hell Lord level in power, if he created Earth as the balance of the Cosmos, if he made Heaven, a Hell, Earth, and Man..... well he is a powerful God that rates higher than Odin IMO.

Its not woth debating over as people get butt hurt when face with a possibility that Odin is not the strongest and Galactus (The tall goofy robot man that eats planets) is not the highest tier abstract in the Universe.

People simply get butt hurt about and quote Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer comics that state the Cosmic Hierchy and such. Thor states it in his own way in Thor comics with Odin creating everything. Some Editors at Marvel are quoted that Odin is higher than the Phoenix Force and created the Universe LMAO.

Point is it is neither here nor there as Marvel Continuity is **** from all the retcons, added abstracts, quotes of such and such, and Comics having different views.

I choose to follow the LESS POPULAR Ghost Rider and Son of Satan Comics over Thor or Fantastic Four. That is me.

@shiryu said:

@thundergodswrath:

Wow. I had no idea. I'd like to read a comic where his full power is actually shown. Or does he have any feats already where he shows his ability when possessed by Zarathos? Oh, and one more question: could he beat Parallax Hal Jordan without reality warping?

I'm not sure. You would have to ask the Ghost Rider expert. @cadencev2

I know very little of Parralax or DC High Tiers in general.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not believe Reality Warpers can touch GR since Zadkiel was a World Level Reality Warper and GR was Immune ti him.

GR is same league as Mephisto. So anyone who can beat Mephisto should beat GR at his best.

However! GR is IMMUNE to Non Magical, Psychics, and Reality Warping.

So the only way to harm him is through very powerful Magic.

Silver Surfer cannot harm him. Beta Ray Bill without the strict use of Storm Breaker cannot. Same with Thor without strict use of Mjonir. Green Phoenix like being cannot harm him. Neither could Dark Phoenix IMO.

In the end the best way to beat GR at his best, without picking sky fathers, and with no prep is....

1. Dormammu
  2. Dr. Strange
  3. Son of Satan
  4. Classic Juggernaut
  5. Man Thing

That is my list in order.

Ghost Rider's already beaten Dr.Strange before..I posted him knocking Strange out. GR is known for defeating demons so he probably stands a chance against Dormammu as well. GR's the ultimate weapon of heaven vs Hellstorm who's the son of Satan..Blaze's GR outpowers him. Jugg? Aside from BFR there's not much Jugg can really do to GR..physical attacks are useless against GR. Also I'd disagree with GR being in Mephisto's league..If I didn't state it already Blaze had to stop the female GR from killing Mephisto because had she succeeded she would've destroyed reality as they said in the comic. Besides one has to count for when God tries to help out Johnny..like in SL when he lent him those arch angels to wreck havoc on the hand

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3994/shadowlandgrpg2223.jpg

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By X_insignia1

@cadencev2

Immunity to who exactly? the players significant to his event? yeah?

has that immunity been tested against higher up beings? because For one, this same "God" does not appear to be equivalent to TOAA.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#59  Edited By Nerx

Just because character is biblical does not mean that they are strongest

there are many cosmics that would sh!t on rel!gous based characterz

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx said:

Just because character is biblical does not mean that they are strongest

there are many cosmics that would sh!t on rel!gous based characterz

No one said strongest,but GR is indeed the strongest on Earth..Besides bringing up cosmics is pointless. Of course cosmics are going to beat characters..even guys like Thor struggle against cosmics

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@gambit474: there is characters like Dr Strange with crazy Ditko feats

McDerpyson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By McDerpyson

This would beat Ghost Rider

No Caption Provided

This is filled with so much sin, his penance stare would back fire and GR would have to spend to rest of eternity in a drive-thru.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would beat Ghost Rider

No Caption Provided

This is filled with so much sin, his penance stare would back fire and GR would have to spend to rest of eternity in a drive-thru.

That was actually pretty funny. Made me chuckle. And sadly true, I have sin a lot lately.

@cadencev2

Immunity to who exactly? the players significant to his event? yeah?

has that immunity been tested against higher up beings? because For one, this same "God" does not appear to be equivalent to TOAA.

I am not sure where you get this Idea I believe so? I am not a Bible Thumper and Spawn (My favorite Comics for awhile) make God a punk kid with tempertantrums as well only as powerful as say Mephisto.

So no... I do not believe God in Marvel Verse is OAA. I do believe he is Sise Neg base on the power of Sise Neg and the name. Also a lot of Gods feats and statements sound like Sise Neg who re created the Universe. Just IMO.

Ghost Rider's already beaten Dr.Strange before..I posted him knocking Strange out. GR is known for defeating demons so he probably stands a chance against Dormammu as well. GR's the ultimate weapon of heaven vs Hellstorm who's the son of Satan..Blaze's GR outpowers him. Jugg? Aside from BFR there's not much Jugg can really do to GR..physical attacks are useless against GR. Also I'd disagree with GR being in Mephisto's league..If I didn't state it already Blaze had to stop the female GR from killing Mephisto because had she succeeded she would've destroyed reality as they said in the comic. Besides one has to count for when God tries to help out Johnny..like in SL when he lent him those arch angels to wreck havoc on the hand

Dorammammu is more powerful than Mephisto by Leagues and the spirit of vengeance has had trouble with that level. Simple fact as that.

Strange is always a threat base on Classic Strange Feats.

Son of Satan is a mjor threat due to his Excorsism. He may never kill the Spirit of Vengeance, but SoS is so good at his job he has banish Dormammu twice! He can surely Banish the Spirit and given the fact SoS has extenssive Knowledge on GR makes it more so. Thus a win.

Classic Juggs is proven to be a Magic power House and is Unstopable, he could lose but also has a shot at winning.

Man Thing has beaten Hell Lords with ease as well and is Un Killable Un KOable, and Un BFRable. He can like wise stalemate Zarathos till end of time.

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Classic Strange could take him.

Mortium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course not. Spider-Man is. ;-)

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 nope..sorry bud but gotta disagree with you. It's funny you mention Strange because you must have forgotten when he talked about Ghost Rider's power himself

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/102593/1912980-gr_13_0023.jpg

And as I said GR has already defeated Strange before,so no he's not a threat. Dormammu being above Mephisto doesn't really mean much,as Johnny had to stop the female GR from killing Mephisto because she was about to destroy reality if she succeeded because apparently Mephisto has to always exist and Zadkiel was already above Mephisto to and look what happened to him

https://dcomixologyssl.sslcs.cdngc.net/i/3186/20676/e062e29b48334e22cb59232e966b389a.jpg?h=9eed0a0d9f36e585a07de40df34a0f1f

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/GHOSTRHOF06008_proof.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/codemfc/GhostRider-HeavensOnFire6-alottghos.jpg

And even Daimon was having trouble against Zadkiel and his forces. Besides GR could take Daimon out if he wanted..Always made me wonder why people think GR can't handle the SoS when he's beaten his daddy multiple times. Technically there is no "winning" over Ghost rider..the GR is immortal. You could kill the host but the entity itself would just move on and find a new one,but then again if I recall we've never really seen Blaze die so yeah. Like Doc Strange said GR's power has no limits..but it's up to the host to be able to reach that ability,because the girl GR was doing things Johnny couldn't and when Johnny questioned Mephisto why he couldn't Mephisto said "You could,you just didn't think of it"

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474: thing is you can kill a Ghost Rider Host. It takes Powerful magic or Heaven Made Weapons.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even Blaze was Shot in the head before transformation and sent to Hell with the Spirit.

Mephisto and Lucifer also Imprison GR as well. Souless man did as much with the Soul Crystal imprisoning the very spirit.

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Gambit474

Why are you showing me this when I already stated that you can kill the host but not the entity. All you did was visualize what I already said :S. That imprisonment stuff is long ago..GR's come a long way since then. Also Mephisto and Lucifer(pretty much the same person)wouldn't be able to imprison him now due to being the whole weapon of heaven deal..Johnny tried to kill himself in his Shadowland one shot and God prevented him from doing so. As you can see on this page where God speaks to Johnny..and it's not often we see Johnny as a full skeleton lol

http://spiritofvengeance.com/?page_id=526

Ghost Rider is above Mephisto and Satan now..as it's been shown after that last run where the female GR just about killed Meph,as I have already mentioned. Blaze may have been sent to Hell but that didn't mean he was stuck there..he's able to travel between Earth and Hell as GR. Also no..even with powerful magic or heaven made weapons you still can't kill Johnny and Danny. Zadkiel couldn't even put them down and he was an arch angel and had access to heavenly weapons

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/a/f0/4bac02bc2e321/detail.jpg

http://spiritofvengeance.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/prv4330_pg3.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/ghostrhof006_int_lr_0004_02.jpg

I ask you now surely you comprehend that Mephisto/Satan is under Zadkiel when Zad succeeded where he could not in taking the throne of heaven correct? As Satan was one of those on the panels of when Zadkiel succeeded in taking over heaven. Even guys like Thor felt that when it happened

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123120/2706133-dk_heaven_on_fire__2_.jpg

Ghost rider has evolved into somewhat of a demon killer..he is to demons as Ghost busters are to ghosts if you will. Corny example I know but people would understand it..I would agree that these characters could take down GR before,but since we see his power do nothing but increase every time he gets a series/shows up I feel safe to say that some of these threats will become underneath him

Edit:Sorry I do not know how to post images so that is why I post links instead

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Pokergeist

@gambit474: Mephisto and Lucifer are 2 completely different beings actually. Lucifer back ground and confirmed by angels as the Lucifer Morning Star Fallen Angel. Mephisto is a Class 2 Demon after the battle of the Eldar Gods on Earth.

Might help to know the background materiel.

Also no, it was not long ago that GR was imprison. It was in fact..... every Arc.....

70s-80s GR was Imprison by Zarathos and then Soulless Man Soul Crystal.

90s Nobel Kale was imprison by Uriel the Angel. Zarathos Imprison in stone.

2000s GR was Imprison twice by Lucifer in Lucifers Hell.

So your kind of off saying GR cannot be imprison when every major version of him has.

The Female Rider was the worst yet and Zrathos in to 70s-80s was already higher than Mephisto. Nobel Kale actually destroyed Blackheart and ruled hell. No end of reality consequences there. Zarathos was higher than Lucifer and Zadkiel.

My point is the Female Rider Arc made no sense and seem forced when Nobel Kale in the 90s already destroyed Mephisto and Blackheart, yet reality was fine. All he had to do was take the throne lol.

Also yes, everyone felt the power of Ketch who collected the sum power of 8+ Ghost Riders..... 8+ not 1 Spirit, 8= Spirits!!!!

This has always been the case. Its nothing new. GR has always since his first battle been a anti demon being.

Rozalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enosisik said:

": Everyone's guilty of wrongdoing, and the Penance Stare makes the target feel all the pain they have caused as their victims have felt. Posted 5 hours, 53 minutes ago" .... Ugh it doesn't matter, it's been shown not to work on some heroes in Marvel already. For example didn't work on Hulk during WWH because Hulk was the one who had been wronged and the GR left the fight because he knew Hulk was the victim. GR doesn't just go around hitting anyone with his powers. He has a very specific target group. As far as I know Flash has never committed a crime bad enough that GR's stare would be useful.

That thing is nonsense. Also the last Ghost Rider comic I read (a while back) had a guy whose believe in that he was doing gods work made him immune to penance stares effect so this whole "Everyone is guilty" is utter nonsense.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rozalia said:

@enosisik said:

": Everyone's guilty of wrongdoing, and the Penance Stare makes the target feel all the pain they have caused as their victims have felt. Posted 5 hours, 53 minutes ago" .... Ugh it doesn't matter, it's been shown not to work on some heroes in Marvel already. For example didn't work on Hulk during WWH because Hulk was the one who had been wronged and the GR left the fight because he knew Hulk was the victim. GR doesn't just go around hitting anyone with his powers. He has a very specific target group. As far as I know Flash has never committed a crime bad enough that GR's stare would be useful.

That thing is nonsense. Also the last Ghost Rider comic I read (a while back) had a guy whose believe in that he was doing gods work made him immune to penance stares effect so this whole "Everyone is guilty" is utter nonsense.

False. That was the Deacon and he was protected by Zadkielss power, the guy who oversaw the Ghost Riders, as well amped by Heaven,.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By Stronger
Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gambit474: Mephisto and Lucifer are 2 completely different beings actually. Lucifer back ground and confirmed by angels as the Lucifer Morning Star Fallen Angel. Mephisto is a Class 2 Demon after the battle of the Eldar Gods on Earth.

Might help to know the background materiel.

Also no, it was not long ago that GR was imprison. It was in fact..... every Arc.....

70s-80s GR was Imprison by Zarathos and then Soulless Man Soul Crystal.

90s Nobel Kale was imprison by Uriel the Angel. Zarathos Imprison in stone.

2000s GR was Imprison twice by Lucifer in Lucifers Hell.

So your kind of off saying GR cannot be imprison when every major version of him has.

The Female Rider was the worst yet and Zrathos in to 70s-80s was already higher than Mephisto. Nobel Kale actually destroyed Blackheart and ruled hell. No end of reality consequences there. Zarathos was higher than Lucifer and Zadkiel.

My point is the Female Rider Arc made no sense and seem forced when Nobel Kale in the 90s already destroyed Mephisto and Blackheart, yet reality was fine. All he had to do was take the throne lol.

Also yes, everyone felt the power of Ketch who collected the sum power of 8+ Ghost Riders..... 8+ not 1 Spirit, 8= Spirits!!!!

This has always been the case. Its nothing new. GR has always since his first battle been a anti demon being.

Regardless of Satan and Mephisto..GR has still shown to be above them. Just because Gr's been imprisoned doesn't mean it's stopped him..It's obviously not a very good imprisonment if he's still going around now don't you think? Yes the female GR was terrible..I was highly disappointed in Rob Williams because he did such a decent job on the GR one shot in shadowland that I expected better of him..instead he made Johnny Blaze seem annoying and other characters treating him almost like Deadpool. "Does this guy ever shut up?"and sayings like that..Blaze was so completely out of character in that series. Although the Alejandra was indeed a terrible rider,she was still being host to zarathos..so we got to see other things zarathos can technically do had Johnny bothered to think of it.

Also Mephisto created Blackheart,so I doubt killing BH is going to have the same effect as killing Mephisto himself. Yeah GR has been the vaccine to the demonic virus..But he's become better at it now then he's ever been is what I imply. Also @rozalia there is no such thing as being immune to the PS. So long as they are mortal then they have sinned,and all sinners are vulnerable to GR's power..As the other already stated Deacon was protected..Though that didn't stop him from getting put down by the Caretaker's granddaughter lol

Redblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Redblock

You want a good answer.Every hero is the best for those who likes the hero.Because somehow he represents them.But here by the way he defeated the avengers and galactus if you didn t know guys.Don t believe me??Search and you will find.Peace:)))

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@redblock said:

You want a good answer.Every hero is the best for those who likes the hero.Because somehow he represents them.But here by the way he defeated the avengers and galactus if you didn t know guys.Don t believe me??Search and you will find.Peace:)))

You necro'd this thread just to say that?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@redblock said:

You necro'd this thread just to say that?

first post cut him some slack lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@w0nd: Me? Cut anyone slack? Never.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By Cream_God

Id say he's the top dog out of all of the heroes, but their are plenty of beings who can beat him who are skyfather tier and beyond

HauzanC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bringnit: but GR is immortal, thor can die, and GR has hellfire chain and penance stare, i think GR was resistance to mjolnir thunder