Is Beerus immune to any kind of Genjutsu?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

-In a straight up fight

Yes or No

And why?

Sungsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sungsam

We don't know.

In fact, you can extend this question in more than just Beerus and Genjutsu.

Would a power of a fictional character from ONE verse actually work at all in another? The dichotomies of fiction work so differently.

How would Obi Wan do a mind trick against Itachi who doesn't have Midichlorians? Although Itachi is a human, his body is composed of Chakra while the Force operates differently from that dichotomy.

Would Mistress Death actually affect anything in the 50 Shades of Greyverse because as far as I can tell, Death has no Abstract and the laws don't apply there.

You don't even know if TOAA would actually have any hypothetical power over HST either, different verse folks. Concept of Omnipotence doesn't exist there as far as I hear.

You can go on and on, but If you wish to discuss Beerus and Genjutsu, you put two separate discussions. One, assume if he was immune to Genjutsu, what would happen, Two, what would happen if he wasn't? See? Because we don't know, you can only ponder for two hypothesis.

Ratava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ratava

does he have any resistence feats against tp-attacks?

CryoModeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes because of his extreme durability

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

omarlionvision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He resisted demigra's so idk

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Kyoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kyoji

level 1 naruto genjutsu noobs can gg beerus confirmed. all naruto vs dbz threads are to be locked and reported at this very instant

ElderElijah190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ElderElijah190

Composite beerus should be immune to any form of tp as a result of god ki that opts it out. I don't know about anime/manga dbs beerus considering he hasn't encountered one.

Kyoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kyoji

greater chakra control is what gets you out of genjutsu i thought. if we say chakra = ki in these Vs battles i don’t see why Beerus wouldn’t be able to resist genjutsu. or at least break from it almost instantly.

But if genjutsu is treated like TP and we just ignore what the manga states about it, then yeah Beerus hasn’t shown resistance.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Higher raw attributes absolutely does not constitute proof of resistance to attacks that ignore said attributes entirely.

With that out of the way, Beerus would blitz any Naruto character before they could try it.

TheTruthTeller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far i know they Db chars don't have shown much of a any kind of mind controlling resistance.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No?

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthteller: ki >>> hax. most retarded thing DBS created is that offguard rule that keeps affecting goku and Jiren in DBS. while they can sense ki, air pressure, and danger.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SirNeko

It's pretty much you choose if it does or not.

Genjutsu working against more powerful opponents in other fictions will be an eternal debate.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SirNeko

@thetruthteller said:

As far i know they Db chars don't have shown much of a any kind of mind controlling resistance.

I don't remember if they showed any in the original manga but I remember them showing some resistance in Dragonball Z but that's non-canon.

Loading Video...

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genjutsu lol he laughs at their face is this a joke??

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thelocust619

@shenron007: "ki >>>> hax."

-No, "hax" is not an acknowledged thing in DB and it was never once been compared to ki in series. All ki has done is break out of attacks shitty enough to be powered out of at all. Others, that can't be powered out of, work just fine so we know it's more specific than just a general "ki>hax". What you mean to say is most hax in DB simply sucks.

"most retarded thing DBS created is that offguard rule that keeps affecting goku and Jiren in DBS. while they can sense ki, air pressure, and danger."

-This is true for Goku, we don't know about Jiren...but that's because it's not Goku. Noone in Super is who they are. They're just caricatures of different, better characters.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thelocust619

And if Beerus's will is anywhere near Vegeta's then he can break free of any genjutsu but Infinite Tsukiyomi. Ki has nothing to do with it, and "will" will work because will in DB has shown the property of breaking mind control.

However, Babadi's TP is only strong enough to communicate with the world, IT actually mind controls the world. Noone in DB has shown that level of resistance.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007: "ki >>>> hax."

-No, "hax" is not an acknowledged thing in DB and it was never once been compared to ki in series. All ki has done is break out of attacks shitty enough to be powered out of at all. Others, that can't be powered out of, work just fine so we know it's more specific than just a general "ki>hax". What you mean to say is most hax in DB simply sucks.

"most retarded thing DBS created is that offguard rule that keeps affecting goku and Jiren in DBS. while they can sense ki, air pressure, and danger."

-This is true for Goku, we don't know about Jiren...but that's because it's not Goku. Noone in Super is who they are. They're just caricatures of different, better characters.

No Caption Provided

Kcsupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would he be?

Because Beerus is too poweful.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae6527167c26
deactivated-5ae6527167c26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Vegeta resisted mind control, Vegeta resisted absolute zero, he somehow managed to fight even though super water had pretty much stolen his life force completely(he was practically transparent), anyone want to add to this?

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619:

Vegeta resisting Babidi is a willpower feat, not a mind control immunity feat (which would involve being able to shield one's mind through a technique or magic ability). Babidi's power involves tapping into the darkness in a person's heart and making them work for him. Everyone under his control still have their own agency and can even disobey Babidi's wishes. Some mind control abilities in fiction can be resisted by sheer willpower, but genjutsu is not one of them. Otherwise it wouldn't be such an auto win against enemies that can't use the dispel technique.

Willpower also, obviously, doesn't scale with power levels because it's a personality trait. Unless someone wants to argue that Vegeta as of the Buu arc has less willpower than... I don't know, Rebrianne.

And in Super we actually saw illusion users in the ToP. Nobody was able to shrug them off because of willpower or power levels, they had to use other means to work around the illusions so they could fight the user effectively.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: That does make more sense, seems I was looking at it backwards. Babadi's telepathy isn't half bad, being able to effect an entire planet, n I was comparing Vegeta breaking free directly to that when it is more of an anti feat for Babadi's TP, as ur saying. Good call.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MetalJimmor

@thelocust619:

It's goods to look at the two applications as different skills. Communicating telepathically is a common Dragonball power. All the Z fighters can do it, but none of them have offensive telepathic abilities aside from possibly Chiaotzu. Babidi's control spell isn't the same skill he's using to talk to people and make their heads explode. It's some form of magic. That's how I always saw it, anyway.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@03s7: @sirneko:

Well, the types of Genjutsu Beerus would be facing here and might hypothetically need to worry about are almost certainly not a type of mind-control, so those feats are a bit useless.

Besides a few rare and fairly weak cases, Genjutsu is never so much mind-control as instead a subtle perception-manipulation and occasionally a mind-alteration. The goes to the root of the word which translates roughly to "dream techniques".

"Tsukuyomi" is a technique which, in addition to causing it's target a perceived feeling of pain, also changes their perceived sense of time-flow, forcing them to experience entire days worth of agony in an instant, before their body, their power, or their comrades in the real world can help them. "Infinite Tsukuyomi" as Obito intended to cast it, then takes this to it's logical extreme, causing it's victims to perceive being in what is essentially an eternity of their perfect pleasure world, within only the space of a split second in the real-world.

Fodder Genjutsu are usually just a way for ninja to obscure themselves or trick their opponents into doing something stupid by trusting what they think they see rather then trusting their sense of logic.

Rain Genin in the Forest of Death used Genjutsu on the area around Team 7 to make it seem like they were being attacked by an endless amount of clones, in order to trick them into tiring themselves out.

A sound Ninja girl from the preliminaries altered Shikamaru's perception of balance and sight through the sound of a bell, inducing an experience similar to nausea.

With the sound of her flute, Tayuya altered Shikamaru's perception to that of being tied to a cross, to the point that despite knowing it was an illusion, his muscles wouldn't actually respond since they were also convinced.

Early on in Shippuden, with a wiggling of his finger, Itachi attacked Naruto with a Genjutsu that simultaneously made Itachi appear to be turning and slowly morphing into a crowd of crows, made all of Naruto's friends seemingly appear to be morphing into Itachi, and made Naruto own body appear to be morphing into the cruel and disapproving bodies of his friends.

In his fight against Danzo, Sasuke put him in a Genjutsu that's entire effect was simply to make it seem like he had one more fail-safe then he actually did at that moment; to make it seem that one more eye on Danzo's arm was open, when it was actually closed (non-naruto fans, don't ask).

Beerus obviously isn't going to be affected by fodder Genjutsu, by simple virtue of being a God, but stuff like Tsukuyomi, Infinite Tsukuyomi, Izanami or Kotomatsukami, might have some effect if Beerus doesn't know what he's going up against, is caught off guard, and doesn't recognize the altered world around him as an illusion.

Avatar image for black_of_shadow
Black_Of_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genjutsu can work on TOAA and The Presence what are you talking about!

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Chad_Duby

Lmao, do you even know who Beerus really is? He overpowered Arale's gag power, man! Arale is literally infinite and omnipotent++. I meant, according to vsbattlewiki, she has the power to stomp both Presence and Above all others! Beerus can erase Whis, Daishikan, Super Shenron and two Zenos with ease! There is nothing stopping him now. The author stated that there is nothing he can't erase and you can't counter the author, meaning he can destroy all of frictions! Well, not superman fore sure, because superman is the most powerful marvel' superhero! He is literally far above omnipotents and infinite+++.

On topic: Yes, because he doesn't have any Chakra to manipulate. And I want to point out if somebody will use that gag resistance thing to say yes. It is like saying fireproof shirts would withstand bullets. Having gag resistance doesn't make him anymore powerful.

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao, do you even know who Beerus really is? He overpowered Arale's gag power, man! Arale is literally infinite and omnipotent++. I meant, according to vsbattlewiki, she has the power to stomp both Presence and Above all others! Beerus can erase Whis, Daishikan, Super Shenron and two Zenos with ease! There is nothing stopping him now. The author stated that there is nothing he can't erase and you can't counter the author, meaning he can destroy all of frictions! Well, not superman fore sure, because superman is the most powerful marvel' superhero! He is literally far above omnipotents and infinite+++.

On topic: Yes, because he doesn't have any Chakra to manipulate. And I want to point out if somebody will use that gag resistance thing to say no. It is like saying fireproof shirts would withstand bullets.

Troll or not? It's getting increasingly harder nowadays.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no. at best, he's resistant to shit tier mental manipulation.

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus: Should be able to figure when I said, "on topic", at the second part of my post...

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus: Should be able to figure when I said, "on topic", at the second part of my post...

That's actually the part I was referring to.

On topic: Yes, because he doesn't have any Chakra to manipulate. And I want to point out if somebody will use that gag resistance thing to say no. It is like saying fireproof shirts would withstand bullets.

When this assertion has been debunked over and over again, it would stand to reason people are either really good trolls or just that misinformed. Which is it?

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus: When has it ever worked on someone without chakra? And genjustu has never been shown working on someone as powerful as Beerus.

BlackWizzard17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BlackWizzard17

Vegito was turned into a literal fucking candy piece without any functioning organs was able to still beat the shit out of Buu. I'd say beerus is too powerful for genjustsu.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously doubt Genjustu will even effect Beerus, it’s basically low level hypnosis.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azureus: When has it ever worked on someone without chakra? And genjustu has never been shown working on someone as powerful as Beerus.

chakra, Ki, Chi are all the same thing.

Loading Video...

Shenron007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chad_Duby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Chad_Duby

@thekillerklok: They are not. Actually, Ki, Chi and Qi are the same thing but differrent in pronouciations and spellings. Qi is your life force, which is applied in real life martial arts. Chakra is a completely different kind of energy.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Thekillerklok

@shenron007 said:

@thekillerklok: not during the DBZ days, lol hh.

The origins of both are wuxia.

1st image is a random picuture of the 12 meridians. next is taken from naruto.

Naruto's "Chakra" follows a Yin/yang structure. (Inner, outer or Physical/spiritual if you prefer) notice the dantian. (The area in the stomach where energy is stored in the naruto picture.

Naruto itself has origins in a story that itself was heavily influenced by wuxia even though it was created in japan.

and dragonball is perhaps the biggest love letter to Wuxia I have ever seen.

ElderElijah190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwizzard17: At BoG,beerus didn't even notice buu's transmutation as it was literally useless.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: Why did you tag me? When did I debate in this thread about Genjutsu?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenron007:

Yeah Jiren is a knockoff of Saitama

Emanresu_20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He hasn’t shown any resistance.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By thelocust619

@xlr87t3: Hardly.. He's just a faceless, generic Super Sentai (power ranger), like the Ginyu Force but less interesting. He's actually a legit deconstruction of an SS team member...they're all teamwork, pure paragon, ect, while Jiren is a loner and Lawful Neutral, at times nearly lawful evil. I was referring to existing DB characters, in Super they're just a bunch of quirks they're counterparts have but without the substance.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko said:

@gnomishness: Why did you tag me? When did I debate in this thread about Genjutsu?

@sirneko said:
@thetruthteller said:

I don't remember if they showed any in the original manga but I remember them showing some resistance in Dragonball Z but that's non-canon.

Here.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: Where exactly do you see the word Genjutsu in that post or me arguing about Genjutsu or debating about anything at all?