• 116 results
Posted by Thoromdil (1617 posts) 1 month, 15 days ago

Poll: Is base Thanos really "the most powerful being in the universe"? Base Thanos runs a gauntlet! (84 votes)

1. Ronan (base) 5%
2. Abomination 0%
3. Ultron (vibranium coated) 2%
4. Vision (Can use stone but only to shoot lasers) 0%
5. Hulk 1%
6. Scarlett Witch 6%
7. Thor (Mjolnir) 1%
8. Kurse 5%
9. The Ancient One (dark dimension amp) 13%
10. Doctor Strange 10%
11. Hela (Asgard amp) 14%
12. Surtur (Eternal Flame amp) 20%
13. Odin (composite, prime+movie feats) 5%
14. Eson (can use stone to life-wipe) 1%
15. Star Lord (Celestial powers) 0%
16. Ego 4%
17. Dormammu 7%
Clears. Thanos IS the most powerful being in the universe, DUH! 6%
No Caption Provided

"Master, you cannot! Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe!"

Korath on Thanos

Is base Thanos really "the most powerful being in the universe"? Base Thanos runs a gauntlet of MCU's most powerful beings. Let's see how far can he really go, because if you ask me, my boy Korath was never more wrong!

No Caption Provided

Rules:

For a purpose of this thread, let's assume all feats Thanos performs without the direct use of an infinity stone (without powering up the gauntlet and using it's hax, specifically, like for example crushing Vision's vibranium forhead or beating up Hulk) are the feats that qualify as the feats for his base form. I know it's debatable if the stones might or might not buff his stats but let's just highball him as much as possible, to see how good can he do at his hypothetical best.

Random encounter on neutral grounds, the battlefield is indestructible. No infinity stones for all, unless a note says different. No BFR, win by death.

ROUNDS:

1. Ronan (base)

2. Abomination

3. Ultron (vibranium coated)

4. Vision

5. Hulk

6. Scarlett Witch

7. Thor (Mjolnir)

8. Kurse

9. The Ancient One (dark dimension amp)

10. Doctor Strange

11. Hela (Asgard amp)

12. Surtur (Eternal Flame amp)

13. Odin (composite, movies + prime feats)

14. Eson

15. Star Lord (Celestial powers)

16. Ego

17. Dormammu

#1 Edited by miekskywalker (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 9 since vision is a jobber

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#2 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Scarlet Witch could do some damage to him

#3 Posted by wtf020 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Ronan (base) Thanos destroys him easily.

2. Abomination Thanos destroys him easily.

3. Ultron (vibranium coated) Thanos destroys him easily.

4. Vision Thanos destroys him easily.

5. Hulk Thanos destroys him easily.

6. Scarlett Witch Thanos destroys her easily.

7. Thor (Mjolnir) Thanos destroys him easily

8. Kurse Thanos destroys him easily

9. The Ancient One (dark dimension amp) Thanos destroys her easily

10. Doctor Strange Thanos destroys him easily.

11. Hela (Asgard amp) Thanos destroys her, but not easily.

12. Surtur (Eternal Flame amp) Thanos destroys him, but not easily.

13. Odin (composite, movies + prime feats) Thanos destroys him.

14. Eson Thanos destroys him.

15. Star Lord (Celestial powers) Thanos destroys him.

16. Ego Thanos destroys him.

17. Dormammu Dormammu wins. But his realm doesn't exist in the same Universe where Thanos is the most powerful.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
#4 Posted by TheSerbianEmpire (848 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange maybe? He was giving him a good fight with the stones.

#5 Posted by DianaAllmighty (1950 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched IW 2 times and Ronan would even casually beat Thanos

#6 Posted by Alavanka (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Sutur. Crushes everyone up to Kurse. Hela gives a good fight. Ancient One unknown.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#7 Posted by Supermanforever (6680 posts) - - Show Bio

9-10. Might have trouble with kurse aswell.

#8 Posted by DianaAllmighty (1950 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtf020 said:

Nope

Good joke

Nope

Haha. In Mirror dimension she will have such fun with playing with Thanos

Nope

I adore u Thanos fanboy

HAHAHAHAHA

Thanos destroys him.

Nope

GOOD JOKE !

17. Dormammu Dormammu wins. But his realm doesn't exist in the same Universe where Thanos is the most powerful.

#9 Posted by incursion2 (1688 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably stops at Surtur.

#10 Posted by ZubatCarteira (734 posts) - - Show Bio
  • 1. Ronan (base) - Stomps
  • 2. Abomination - Stomps
  • 3. Ultron (vibranium coated) - Beats the body, but can't kill Ultron for good due to the internet. Since it's win by death, he should stop here.
  • 4. Vision - Stomps, unless Visions abuses intangibility, which would only delay the inevitable
  • 5. Hulk - Already stomped him
  • 6. Scarlet Witch - She's hella powerful, but not the best fighter. He wins fine
  • 7. Thor (Mjolnir) - Stomps
  • 8. Kurse - Stomps
  • 9. The Ancient One (dark dimension amp) - Would get fodderized by the Mirror Dimension, but since it's win by death, he wins unless she soul rips him.
  • 10. Doctor Strange - Same as above
  • 11. Hela (Asgard amp) - I don't think he can get past her healing, she should beat him tbh
  • 12. Surtur (Eternal Flame amp) - Stomps Thanos, literally
  • 13. Odin (composite, movies + prime feats) - At his prime, he wins handily
  • 14. Eson - Idk
  • 15. Star Lord (Celestial powers) - Depends a lot
  • 16. Ego - Ego should beat him fine
  • 17. Dormammu - Stomps Thanos easily
#11 Posted by ComicGirl21 (798 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna need a lot votes to ever show some real results lol!

Also you forgot Cap with his motorbike throw. He should be somewhere between Celestials and Dormammu I think.

OT:

@wtf020 said:

This is correct. Ronan goes down hard.

This is correct. It's Thanos vs Hulk all over again, only easier.

Somewhat correct? Thanos was able to destroy Visions skull with his fingers. Though Vision is not completely made of vibranium, but vibranium combined with tissue, he should still be able to destroy regular vibranium that covers Ultron if he really tries. Also Ultron lacks dc to damage him completely.

Yes. Thanos crushes his head like he did b4.

Hell yeah boy

No Caption Provided

This will definitely not be easy for Thanos. But I doubt Wanda has any chances of putting him down for good... so yeah, I agree Thanos wins. This fight will be long because Wanda has a lot of hax and forcefields and can fly and all... but Thanos can just shrug off anything she throws at him. And when he finally lies a hand on her, one finger is all he needs to turn her to spaghetti.

Thanos already destroyed Ragnarok Thor, so Mjolnir Thor will share the same fate. Though Thor is not gonna go down easily too. Without infinity stone Thanos will struggle to deal serious damage to Thor. Thor's durability is very, very high. Eventually though, Thor is gonna pass out and then Thanos ripps him in half. This is the first round I can see go either way, but I'll give Thanos a generous 9/10 win here.

First time I really disagree. This is a first fight that would be interesting, and anything but easy. Kurse is very tanky to the point that almost nothing hurst him, including Mjolnir, and he is much stronger physically then Thor - pretty much like Thanos. He also has a BH grenade which when used correctly can probably KILL Thanos. So this fight I see going either way, but still, Thanos has better showings. He outmatched Hulk a lot easier then Kurse outmatched Thor, and these guys are in the same weight class. Also Thanos seems a lot smarter as a fighter to me, so he is likely to dodge BH grenade or even use it against Kurse like Loki did. Thanos 7/10.

Correct again. With BFR not allowed, the best TAO can do is try to crush Thanos under some buildings she can flip upside down, but we know it's not gonna work. Thanos already tanked a building thrown at him by Tony and was run over by Nebulas spaceship and he didn't have a scratch. With BFR allowed she would have actual chances of winning by dropping him off in space or whatever. Without BFR she is losing 10/10.

Correct. Same as the Ancient One. No BFR, and worst of all no infinity stones makes Strange very limited. He can try to bind Thanos with his mirror images+ massive whip spell. Without power stone to break free, Thanos could be in trouble right there. But I still can't see Strange putting Thanos down for good in any way. This fight will be long as hell, but eventually Thanos breaks this glass canon mage.

I think Thanos stops here. Hela is a very fair opponent for Thanos. She is nearly invulnerable to conventional damage just like Thanos, but unlike him, she has weapons besides her fists. Thanos can't really hurt Hela with her invulnerability, but Hela should be able to hurt Thanos with her magical swords. Thanos can definitely tank or dodge most of them, but some swords to his eyes or vulnerable parts is gonna take it's toll, eventually Thanos will start bleeding and losing strength. Then he finally gets KO'd and Hela decapitates him with a building sized guillotine or something. This is a fight of two very heavy tanks, but only one of them has a proper tool to melt other tanks. Hela should win this, though Thanos will take some minor victories here and there.Hela 8/10

Disagree completely. Hela I can see being debated over, but Surtur is a straight 10/10 stomp. I mean sure Hulk could suckerpunch him, but we've never even saw Thanos jump that far and high to reach him. And even if he can reach him, Surtur didn't take any damage from Hulk in there, so there's no guarantee Thanos can damage him. And if Surtur can one shot Hela, I'm pretty sure Thanos is screwed the moment Surtur tags him. Surtur 10/10.

Prime Odin is only a theoretical character, but I suppose if he could overpower Hela he is up to the job of beating Thanos. Definitely can both ways though, Odin doesn't really seem all that powerful and tanky as his kids do at their best. I'd give him a slight win over Thanos by scaling, but only a slight win. 6/10 for Odin. I could be argued to change my mind here though.

Eson crushed Thanos even easier then Surtur. Surtur can blow up a small floating islands, Eson can wipe life from entire planets. There's no reason to believe Thanos can straight TANK a power stone. He might endure it's power for some time, but just like with Ronan, just because you can master power stone, doesn't mean you can tank it when it's used on you. Thanos can not hope to damage Eson in any way too, when he is like 10 times the size of Surtur. Eson wins 11/10, borderline stomps this.

I wouldn't put quill that high, even with his Ego powers. He didn't seem too talented in using them (I don't think that rubble pac man would kill Thanos). Peter probably has some potential to kill Thanos with his dc, so I will give him a majority here. But only because he is practically immortal with his celestial powers. Peter 6/10

Cmon dude, Ego stomps Thanos. Thanos maybe has a chance of winning this 1/10 if he somehow tanks all of Egos power beams, light tendrils and all the eqarthquakes and crap he can easily cause when fighting you, but he will have a pretty hard time digging all the way to Ego's planet core with his bare hands and then tearing through his brian. It's much more likely that Ego kills or tiers him down 100 times over before he ever achieves that, supposing that he even knows what to look for. Ego 9-10/10

Yes, Dormammu is even more of a win then Eson, Ego or Surtur. It's a straight missmatch kinda stomp if you ask me.

#12 Posted by ComicGirl21 (798 posts) - - Show Bio

@zubatcarteira: there's no internet in a neutral battlefield. OP doesn't says it's Earth, and Earth is the only place where Ultron has internet to run to. Without internet Thanos kills Ultron's first and final body and wins.

#13 Edited by ANTHP2000 (20905 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not. Only characters he beats in this gauntlet are the Hulk, Abomination, Ronan and Kurse. Maybe Mjolnir Thor.

#14 Edited by ZubatCarteira (734 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicgirl21 said:

@zubatcarteira: there's no internet in a neutral battlefield. OP doesn't says it's Earth, and Earth is the only place where Ultron has internet to run to. Without internet Thanos kills Ultron's first and final body and wins.

It doesn't say that it's on Earth, but it doesn't say that it isn't either. Ultron has never been outside of Earth anyway, and being connected to the internet is an integral part of his character, don't see why it shouldn't apply here.

Edit: Also, without Vision to hack him out of the internet, he should stay alive there regardless of the body being on Earth or not

#15 Posted by ComicGirl21 (798 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not. He probably stops at 3 or 4...

How can he stop at 3 or 4? He beat 5 on screen, and bitch slapped 7.

Thanos likely stops at Hela.

#16 Posted by DrPepperMan (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Posted by ANTHP2000 (20905 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicgirl21: the gauntlet is not ordered right on my book, that's why.

#18 Posted by wtf020 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtf020 said:

Nope

Ronan was afraid of Thanos.

Good joke

Ultron couldn't even beat Thor.

Nope

Thor was more fodder to Kurse than Thanos.

Haha. In Mirror dimension she will have such fun with playing with Thanos

Nope

Strange cannot put him down.

I adore u Thanos fanboy

Hela can't damage him.

HAHAHAHAHA

Surtur was staggered by the Hulk.

Thanos destroys him.

Nope

Star-Lord can't put him down.

GOOD JOKE !

Ego can't put him down.

#19 Posted by wtf020 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Also you forgot Cap with his motorbike throw. He should be somewhere between Celestials and Dormammu I think.

OT:

@wtf020 said:

Somewhat correct? Thanos was able to destroy Visions skull with his fingers. Though Vision is not completely made of vibranium, but vibranium combined with tissue, he should still be able to destroy regular vibranium that covers Ultron if he really tries. Also Ultron lacks dc to damage him completely.4. Vision Thanos destroys him easily.

Hell yeah boy

No Caption Provided

This will definitely not be easy for Thanos. But I doubt Wanda has any chances of putting him down for good... so yeah, I agree Thanos wins. This fight will be long because Wanda has a lot of hax and forcefields and can fly and all... but Thanos can just shrug off anything she throws at him. And when he finally lies a hand on her, one finger is all he needs to turn her to spaghetti.

None of those abilities have been shown to be powerful enough to resist Thanos. The best she can do is push him away as he walks toward her, until he gets ahold of her and single-shots. He destroys her.

Thanos already destroyed Ragnarok Thor, so Mjolnir Thor will share the same fate. Though Thor is not gonna go down easily too. Without infinity stone Thanos will struggle to deal serious damage to Thor. Thor's durability is very, very high. Eventually though, Thor is gonna pass out and then Thanos ripps him in half. This is the first round I can see go either way, but I'll give Thanos a generous 9/10 win here.

Thor isn't strong enough to harm Thanos, with or without Mjolnir.

First time I really disagree. This is a first fight that would be interesting, and anything but easy. Kurse is very tanky to the point that almost nothing hurst him, including Mjolnir, and he is much stronger physically then Thor - pretty much like Thanos. He also has a BH grenade which when used correctly can probably KILL Thanos. So this fight I see going either way, but still, Thanos has better showings. He outmatched Hulk a lot easier then Kurse outmatched Thor, and these guys are in the same weight class. Also Thanos seems a lot smarter as a fighter to me, so he is likely to dodge BH grenade or even use it against Kurse like Loki did. Thanos 7/10

The version of Thor that Kurse beat was a lot weaker than he is now, weaker than current Hulk, and Thanos beat him up badly. Thanos stomps.

Correct again. With BFR not allowed, the best TAO can do is try to crush Thanos under some buildings she can flip upside down, but we know it's not gonna work. Thanos already tanked a building thrown at him by Tony and was run over by Nebulas spaceship and he didn't have a scratch. With BFR allowed she would have actual chances of winning by dropping him off in space or whatever. Without BFR she is losing 10/10.

Correct. Same as the Ancient One. No BFR, and worst of all no infinity stones makes Strange very limited. He can try to bind Thanos with his mirror images+ massive whip spell. Without power stone to break free, Thanos could be in trouble right there. But I still can't see Strange putting Thanos down for good in any way. This fight will be long as hell, but eventually Thanos breaks this glass canon mage.

I think Thanos stops here. Hela is a very fair opponent for Thanos. She is nearly invulnerable to conventional damage just like Thanos, but unlike him, she has weapons besides her fists. Thanos can't really hurt Hela with her invulnerability, but Hela should be able to hurt Thanos with her magical swords. Thanos can definitely tank or dodge most of them, but some swords to his eyes or vulnerable parts is gonna take it's toll, eventually Thanos will start bleeding and losing strength. Then he finally gets KO'd and Hela decapitates him with a building sized guillotine or something. This is a fight of two very heavy tanks, but only one of them has a proper tool to melt other tanks. Hela should win this, though Thanos will take some minor victories here and there.Hela 8/10

Asgardian's were resisting her blades and gunfire was destroying them. Thanos has impervious skin. They wouldn't be any sort of trouble for him. There is nothing Hela can do to put him down.

Disagree completely. Hela I can see being debated over, but Surtur is a straight 10/10 stomp. I mean sure Hulk could suckerpunch him, but we've never even saw Thanos jump that far and high to reach him. And even if he can reach him, Surtur didn't take any damage from Hulk in there, so there's no guarantee Thanos can damage him. And if Surtur can one shot Hela, I'm pretty sure Thanos is screwed the moment Surtur tags him. Surtur 10/10.

Surtur was staggered by the Hulk. Thanos completely destroyed the Hulk. Thanos wins.

Prime Odin is only a theoretical character, but I suppose if he could overpower Hela he is up to the job of beating Thanos. Definitely can both ways though, Odin doesn't really seem all that powerful and tanky as his kids do at their best. I'd give him a slight win over Thanos by scaling, but only a slight win. 6/10 for Odin. I could be argued to change my mind here though.

Thanos was heading to Asgard not knowing that Odin was dead. He would win.

Eson crushed Thanos even easier then Surtur. Surtur can blow up a small floating islands, Eson can wipe life from entire planets. There's no reason to believe Thanos can straight TANK a power stone. He might endure it's power for some time, but just like with Ronan, just because you can master power stone, doesn't mean you can tank it when it's used on you. Thanos can not hope to damage Eson in any way too, when he is like 10 times the size of Surtur. Eson wins 11/10, borderline stomps this.

I wouldn't put quill that high, even with his Ego powers. He didn't seem too talented in using them (I don't think that rubble pac man would kill Thanos). Peter probably has some potential to kill Thanos with his dc, so I will give him a majority here. But only because he is practically immortal with his celestial powers. Peter 6/10

Being able to shapeshift doesn't make him a threat that Thanos couldn't deal with.

Cmon dude, Ego stomps Thanos. Thanos maybe has a chance of winning this 1/10 if he somehow tanks all of Egos power beams, light tendrils and all the eqarthquakes and crap he can easily cause when fighting you, but he will have a pretty hard time digging all the way to Ego's planet core with his bare hands and then tearing through his brian. It's much more likely that Ego kills or tiers him down 100 times over before he ever achieves that, supposing that he even knows what to look for. Ego 9-10/10

Being able to shapeshift doesn't make him a threat that Thanos couldn't deal with.

Yes, Dormammu is even more of a win then Eson, Ego or Surtur. It's a straight missmatch kinda stomp if you ask me.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#20 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (4896 posts) - - Show Bio

So much wrong in this thread.

#21 Posted by Kevd4wg (9658 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically Dormammu wasn’t in the universe

#22 Edited by wtf020 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

I seriously think Hela can spam as many blades as she wants, but they'll just ricochet off Thanos' skin. Once he grabs her, he can kill her as easily as he did Loki.

#23 Posted by buildhare (8373 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the strongest well known character. General population of the universe doesn't seem to know much about Asgardians other than "they're tough" let alone knowing about Surtur or Hela. Same thing for people like Ego or Dormmamu.

#24 Edited by wtf020 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

He's the strongest well known character. General population of the universe doesn't seem to know much about Asgardians other than "they're tough" let alone knowing about Surtur or Hela. Same thing for people like Ego or Dormmamu.

Thanos would murk Hela. Surtur was staggered by the Hulk.

#25 Posted by wtf020 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

And what if I told you Thanos was heading to Asgard despite not knowing that Odin had died? Odin, who already beat Surtur and Hela...

#26 Posted by buildhare (8373 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtf020:

I'd tell you Thanos already had the power gem and his lackeys on hand at that point. Besides even Surtur knew Asgard was undefended, Thanos probably did too.

#27 Posted by Sargeras (865 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears up to Dormammu.

#28 Posted by RabumAlal (4597 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Hela.

#29 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (12870 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say he definitely stops at Ego.

#30 Posted by cromulor (1481 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Kurse.

#31 Posted by death4bunnies (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears

#32 Posted by TheHolyFish (244 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Ronan

Thanos wins decisively.

2. Abomination

Thanos wins easily. Abomination would fare about as well as Hulk did.

3. Ultron

Thanos wins, but Ultron would make him earn it.

4. Vision

Thanos wins handily.

5. Hulk

We all know how this fight turned out. Thanos wins.

6. Scarlet Witch

Thanos wins.

7. Thor

Thanos wins with effort.

8. Kurse

Thanos wins with effort.

9. The Ancient One

Thanos should win.

10. Doctor Strange

Thanos should win.

11. Hela

Thanos in a very close fight.

12. Surtur

Hard stop.

13. Odin

Odin wins.

14. Eson

Eson wins.

15. Star-Lord (Celestial)

Not quite sure. We haven't seen much from Celestial Star-Lord.

16. Ego

Ego should win comfortably.

17. Dormammu

Dormammu wins with great ease.

#33 Posted by Laurus (1058 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't see him getting past Strange. The Dr was putting up a fight when Thanos had 4 infinity stones.

#34 Posted by wtf020 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus said:

Don't see him getting past Strange. The Dr was putting up a fight when Thanos had 4 infinity stones.

Strange and Iron Man lost to Ebony Maw, who is inferior to Thanos.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
#35 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13520 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched IW 2 times and Ronan would even casually beat Thanos

Rookie numbers over here.

#36 Edited by Laurus (1058 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtf020: That's not how this works. We have direct feats from a fight between Strange and Thanos. Thanos won, but he had 4 infinity stones.

Maw can fly and has telekentic powers, Thanos has super strength. Strange can also fly. How does Thanos beat someone that can fly, and create dozens of clones?

#37 Posted by wtf020 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus said:

@wtf020: That's not how this works. We have direct feats from a fight between Strange and Thanos. Thanos won, but he had 4 infinity stones.

Maw can fly and has telekentic powers, Thanos has super strength. Strange can also fly. How does Thanos beat someone that can fly exactly?

That is how it works. Maw bows down to Thanos, not the other way around.

#38 Edited by Laurus (1058 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtf020: Please detail how base Thanos would beat Strange.

Strange can do any one of the following:

Create dozens of indistinguishable clones to fight along side him.

Fly above Thanos and bombard him with spells.

He could easily BFR but that's not allowed (for some reason). But if it were allowed, it would quickly become apparent Thanos isn't the most powerful being in the universe.

I'd imagine he can cut off limbs with his portal like Wong did.

He has a magical cape that could probably do a lot of work too.

While thanos can:

Punch really hard.

Do you see the issue here?

#39 Posted by wtf020 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus said:

@wtf020: Please detail how base Thanos would beat Strange.

Strange can do any one of the following:

Create dozens of indistinguishable clones to fight along side him.

Fly above Thanos and bombard him with spells.

He could easily BFR but that's not allowed (for some reason). But if it were allowed, it would quickly become apparent Thanos isn't the most powerful being in the universe.

I'd imagine he can cut off limbs with his portal like Wong did.

He has a magical cape that could probably do a lot of work too.

While thanos can:

Punch really hard.

Do you see the issue here?

1. Having fodder clones fight alongside him is irrelevant.
  2. Bombarding him with spells is irrelevant since it won't do any damage.
  3. He couldn't do this out of 14 million different battles. Thanos is too powerful as he was when Mantis invaded his mind.
  4. Thanos is too durable otherwise they would have done this in one of the 14 million events that Strange foresaw.
  5. The cape did nothing but serve as a minor nuisance.

Thanos is too durable and powerful for Strange to defeat, that's what I'm seeing.

#40 Posted by Devilmenworks (640 posts) - - Show Bio

OT:

@wtf020 said:

Somewhat correct? Thanos was able to destroy Visions skull with his fingers. Though Vision is not completely made of vibranium, but vibranium combined with tissue, he should still be able to destroy regular vibranium that covers Ultron if he really tries. Also Ultron lacks dc to damage him completely.

Hell yeah boy

No Caption Provided

First time I really disagree. This is a first fight that would be interesting, and anything but easy. Kurse is very tanky to the point that almost nothing hurst him, including Mjolnir, and he is much stronger physically then Thor - pretty much like Thanos. He also has a BH grenade which when used correctly can probably KILL Thanos. So this fight I see going either way, but still, Thanos has better showings. He outmatched Hulk a lot easier then Kurse outmatched Thor, and these guys are in the same weight class. Also Thanos seems a lot smarter as a fighter to me, so he is likely to dodge BH grenade or even use it against Kurse like Loki did. Thanos 7/10.

I agree with you and like your reasoning and I think you explained your reasons very well.

#41 Posted by Laurus (1058 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtf020: In none of those 14 million futures was Thanos without his 4 infinity gems.

#42 Posted by wtf020 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus said:

@wtf020: In none of those 14 million futures was Thanos without his 4 infinity gems.

That doesn't change the fact that Strange:

1. bombarded him with spells.
  2. Flew.
  3. Created clones.
  4. Cut his arm off via spell.
  5. BFR him.

He's just too powerful.

#43 Edited by Laurus (1058 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtf020: He didn't do the last two, no idea why he didn't do 4 but BFRing Thanos when he has the Space gem wouldn't have accomplished anything.

Oh, I see. Nevermind.

Well I don't see how Thanos could win if Strange cut off his arm. But there we are.

#44 Posted by wtf020 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus said:

@wtf020: He didn't do the last two, no idea why he didn't do 4 but BFRing Thanos when he has the Space gem wouldn't have accomplished anything.

Having the gauntlet doesn't make his skin more durable.

Having the gauntlet doesn't mean he couldn't BFR him.

He's too powerful.

#45 Posted by ginman333 (2554 posts) - - Show Bio

We saw so little of base Thanos. Ill say could start losing at the Ancient One. Strange could be really interesting. Id say Hela he doesnt have a chance against.

#46 Posted by Turr (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Hela. She eventually tags him in the open mouth or ear or eye like she did Thor, if she's lucky she can stab him all the way to brain and end the fight.

Thanos wont have any way to hurt her back.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#47 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (3047 posts) - - Show Bio

Tempted to say he stomps at Kurse.

#48 Posted by wtf020 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

@laurus said:

Oh, I see. Nevermind.

Well I don't see how Thanos could win if Strange cut off his arm. But there we are.

You seriously think he didn't try that out of the 14 million possible outcomes that he saw? Get outta' here.

#49 Posted by Laurus (1058 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Turr (1006 posts) - - Show Bio

@xmangog__beastx: ikr Kurse seems actually a good matchup for Thanos. Their strength and high durability makes them a lot alike. Thanos seems more skilled though so id back stop at Hela