Is 616 Thanos and Silver Surfer consistently solar system level? If yes then show proof

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By rajjarsalt

@princesscadenza said:

@kirkseven said:

@princesscadenza said:

@rajjarsalt said:

Surfer's star creation feat means he should be star level. And Nova did bust a solar system.

Wasn't it a miniature star, though?

Was it stated to be?

I hope this isn't one of those ''well it looks small on the picture'' type of arguments. 😂

Well, I remember a few users saying and arguing that. I haven't particularly read the story myself, so that's why I'm asking.

IIRC he made a small sun to bust Knull's dragon.

This one was mentioned to be an infant star, which I guess is accurate to its age. As far as its size goes, it grew from like ball to room to building sized in successive panels, which I guess is the source of lowball.

However as I showed in the scan above, and what @ultraphoenix linked you to, the star absolutely dwarfs planets, and one of them is explicitly mentioned to be the ice giant Massikron. Ice giants are on the tier of Uranus and Neptune in size.

Beams of light from the star also can be compared to some of the planets.

No Caption Provided

Sauce_God31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer’s galaxy level with energy projection/manip/ and absorbtion Current thanos should be at least Multi-Galaxy

Ganker10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos and Surfer are planet level at the very best

Avatar image for deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778
deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is constantly star to solar system level. Surfer is planetary+ level.

Dramus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven: The thing is already vastly below solar system, what are you talking about lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given his superiority to Mangog, who (on his good days) has a few star level durability feats I guess Thanos would scale above that on his good days.

SS though? not sure.

FiendishMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus said:

A small star, again.

No Caption Provided

Where is that text from?

On Twitter, when correcting a confused reader who thought Surfer created the Sun in the first issue, Donny Cates noted "He created a star", not a "small star", just a "star".

FiendishMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By FiendishMind
@princesscadenza said:

@fiendishmind said:

@karkus said:

A small star, again.

No Caption Provided

Where is that text from?

On Twitter, when correcting a confused reader who thought Surfer created the Sun in the first issue, Donny Cates noted "He created a star", not a "small star", just a "star".

I mean, it doesn't change that a small star is still a star regardless. Cates not saying that wasn't a small one doesn't really contradict that could be.

At the same time, visually, the star was initially small, so text calling it a "small" star doesn't mean it actually was a "small star", especially since we see on panel that the stars Surfer created in the series grow very fast. Also in the MU Zenn-La only has one star and it sure as hell ain't small.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@karkus said:

A small star, again.

No Caption Provided

Where is that text from?

It's from the King in Black Handbook.

No Caption Provided

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel that Thanos obviously scales above Surfer in strength, combat, mind manip, etc... But Surfer has more cannon feats in cosmic scale energy/ matter manipulation and what not. This isn't a bad thing for Thanos as Marvel is pretty explicit with Thanos being on a different tier than Surfer.

Antebellum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#113  Edited By Antebellum
@fiendishmind said:
@princesscadenza said:

@fiendishmind said:

@karkus said:

A small star, again.

No Caption Provided

Where is that text from?

This is kinda misleading, he corrected him because the user said the ''sun'' so Donny just ignored the ''small'' because it wasn't relevant and said Star for merely formal usage of words.

I mean, it doesn't change that a small star is still a star regardless. Cates not saying that wasn't a small one doesn't really contradict that could be.

At the same time, visually, the star was initially small, so text calling it a "small" star doesn't mean it actually was a "small star",

It actually does

especially since we see on panel that the stars Surfer created in the series grow very fast.

It doesn't change anything, it is said ''small star'', it also doesn't imply if the mass also grows, it can purely means artistic ends.

Also in the MU Zenn-La only has one star and it sure as hell ain't small.

Unrelated

FiendishMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By FiendishMind

@antebellum said:

At the same time, visually, the star was initially small, so text calling it a "small" star doesn't mean it actually was a "small star".

It actually does

It literally doesn't.

especially since we see on panel that the stars Surfer created in the series grow very fast.

Itdoesn't change anything, itis said ''small star'', it also doesn't imply if the mass also grows, it can purely means artistic ends.

I don't even know what this means, what are you trying to say?

Also in the MU Zenn-La only has one star and it sure as hell ain't small.

Unrelated

It's not unrelated, the star Surfer created to blast Knull away was made near the barren planet that would become Zenn-La after Surfer seeded it with life i.e. it is Zenn-La's star. Zenn-La's star is Deneb, it's 200 times larger than the Sun.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Thanos tanked and physically resisted a black hole that sized. Superman was holding a small black hole.

https://www.space.com/8336-black-holes-kill-entire-galaxies.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/black-hole-how-big-largest-universe-2019-5

You fail to mention that the black hole was an artificial black hole. It was also a temporary that almost killed Thanos.

Yes, you are correct superman did hold a black hole in his hands. You have failed to mention that he also has thanked and lived inside large black holes and even double black holes and then some.

Nope Thanos and nor silver surfer are not consistently solar system level.

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer is multi-planet to star level in AP. Thanos I'm not sure.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elvinisaev42 said:
No Caption Provided

Thanos tanked and physically resisted a black hole that sized. Superman was holding a small black hole.

You fail to mention that the black hole was an artificial black hole. It was also a temporary that almost killed Thanos.

You are partly right here. Indeed it was a artificial black hole, but it had the same properties as a real one, and was still more than star system level in destructive capabilities. And Thanos took it with but a scratch

Yes, you are correct superman did hold a black hole in his hands. You have failed to mention that he also has thanked and lived inside large black holes and even double black holes and then some.

Not gonna argue with you here since you tend to be too bias to talk to about this certain character. Just gonna say you are wrong about the level of Superman but this is the last thing I will say here..

Surfer star level consistently and Thanos definitely star system to above..

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 takenstew22  Moderator

Proof that it almost killed him?

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elvinisaev42 said:
No Caption Provided

Yet you fail to mention that the hole Superman held was a mini black hole that was not even outside of it's containment unit and that Superman couldn't even hold it for long without John Stewarts help.

Plenty of characters have tanked black holes, being inside black holes isn't what it used to be, especially when you literally have characters like Ironman flying inside ones.

With that said i haven't seen Superman inside a black hole that's sucking up everything for 2 light years away.

Both of them are certainly closer to being Solar System level than someone like Clark.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@termiteone4ever said:
@elvinisaev42 said:
No Caption Provided

You are partly right here. Indeed it was a artificial black hole, but it had the same properties as a real one, and was still more than star system level in destructive capabilities. And Thanos took it with but a scratch

I am not partly right I am right. This black hole was a short-lived miniature black hole as stated by the comic. For sure as stated by the comic this mini blackhole lasted for 30 seconds. Thanos ship was miles away and was not completely sucked in and It more than just a scratch. So stop downplaying as nothing happened .

Not gonna argue with you here since you tend to be too bias to talk to about this certain character. Just gonna say you are wrong about the level of Superman but this is the last thing I will say here..

Quit talking about bias. I only state what's in the comic. I don't speculate or guess as you guys do. I don't even know who you are. Yet you are quick to answer on behalf of some else with the high ball and downplay tactics. You are right to let it be the last thing you say on that.

Surfer star level consistently and Thanos definitely star system to above..

You are entitled to your own opinion. Mine still stands you have not convinced me with anything.

@termiteone4ever said:
@elvinisaev42 said:
No Caption Provided

Yet you fail to mention that the hole Superman held was a mini black hole that was not even outside of it's containment unit and that Superman couldn't even hold it for long without John Stewarts help.

Look at you again trying to downplay no surprise. Are you forgetting about the double black hole and the in a real black hole for months. Blackhole the size to contain a giant ship at least 5 times the size of the earth. You might need to retain that fact. Not surprised at your typical lowballing.

Plenty of characters have tanked black holes, being inside black holes isn't what it used to be, especially when you literally have characters like Ironman flying inside ones.

You with your craziness. As you stated black holes isn't what it used to be. So a real black hole with destructive powers. Not any artificial one that didn't even suck in Thanos. Here you are trying to downplay it. Claiming iron in a prep suit survived. The fact is we talking about Thanos. Are you saying ironman would have survived this same black hole that hurt and made Thanos bleed.

With that said i haven't seen Superman inside a black hole that's sucking up everything for 2 light years away.

Both of them are certainly closer to being Solar System level than someone like Clark.

Like you don't read Superman comics. I don't think you understand the powers and speed of what superman does.

With that said this thread is about the Silver Surfer and Thanos. Go make a thread about Thanos mini black hole which didn't even suck him and only destroyed his ship Vs Superman and see how that turns out.

Again the Facts might hit you again.