• 102 results
Edited 3 months, 5 days ago

Poll: Ironman can tanking lightning Ares or no ? (101 votes)

Tony Death 15%
Ironman KO 7%
Ironman Shoot back 40%
none damage 29%
Ares Death 10%
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#1 Edited by Richubs (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

We have not seen Ares' lightning's destructive capabilities while we have seen Thor's.

And Stark has tanked Thor's lightning (even if it was not his most powerful one)

So I'd say yes he should be able to tank it.

#2 Posted by Lan_Fan (12681 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares's lightning is just a very powerful energy beam that looks like lightning, lol. That thing behaves nothing like an actual lightning.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#3 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

We have not seen Ares' lightning's destructive capabilities while we have seen Thor's.

And Stark has tanked Thpr's lightning (even if it was not his most powerful one)

So I'd say yes he should be able to tank it.

#4 Posted by Cahddz (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man gets amped. Dumb question.

#5 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25755 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony is not tanking something that vaporised Ares himself...

#6 Posted by RuthlessKiller (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: You say this like Ares has good energy durability feats.

#7 Posted by Cahddz (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony is not tanking something that vaporised Ares himself...

Iron Man (MCU) vs Wonder Woman (DCEU)? CaV?

#8 Posted by KingFrieza (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: what feats does ares have that surpasses iron man in durability? If he doesn’t have any superior energy durability feats, then we have no reason to think Iron Man couldn’t tank what killed ares.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#9 Posted by blackpantherisb (6951 posts) - - Show Bio

We saw Ares’s lightning make a block sized hole in the concrete ground, I don’t think Tony can tank that.

#10 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25755 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingfrieza: @ruthlesskiller:

The same guy that completely no sold a small building level explosion does, in fact, have good durability. Tony wouldn't take that any better than Ares, and even if you want to say he would, it still doesn't justify him tanking something that turned Ares to smoke, not even close.

#11 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing it did was incinerate someone who barely has any durability feats

Tony has better durability feats than Ares

Since people like to say Diana will absorb Thors lightning cause she absorbed Ares' cause apparently Ares lightning=Thors lightning then Tonys suits absorbs it like it absorbed Thors

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#12 Posted by darthvaderrocks (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Iron Man is tanking this weak ass lightning.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#13 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6020 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe.

#14 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25755 posts) - - Show Bio

This is litteraly a successful bait for salty MCU fanboys of the MCU/DCEU Wars.

#15 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (4127 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Don’t know if it is headcanon of mine but I have a theory on why he was killed by the lightning.

I think it was a combination of Diana’s innate powers (she was seen in the air trying to focus the blast and even did the bracelet clash) and the fact that he was wounded in that precise spot by Zeus (before the explosion you can see the lightning burn right through his stomach area). Not sure if you know any DBZ but just like when Goku killed Broly for the first time. He punched Broly in the same wound that King Vegeta made when he was a baby.

Also, if Tony were to absorb the lightning (like he did to Thor’s) there wouldn’t be an explosion. Case in point he absorbed Thor’s lightning in A1, then another Thor lighting attack on the Chitauri army was causing the Leviathan to explode.

So can Tony absorb the lightning? I believe so. Can he tank the explosion that incinerated Ares? Maybe not.

#16 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: you're the only one who seems to be getting mad here tho...

#17 Edited by ANTHP2000 (25755 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Interesting.

I don't remember the scene that well, so I can't speak. Also fair point on Tony's armor's absorption abilities.

#18 Edited by ANTHP2000 (25755 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: ... what gave you that idea?

Some guy litteraly challenged me to a CaV with Tony and Diana for no reason, someone else passively agressively mentioned Thor vs WW. Idrc about these characters much, I'm just saying.

edit: bruh, the latter was you

#19 Posted by Supermanthor (16153 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: I think I'm the one who mentioned something to do with Thor and WW which was in relation to Diana absorbing lightning so I just used that arguement here, I'm not sure if you were talking about me but I don't see how presenting someone else's arguement as a point of reference to prove something is salt, read through it, it's only logic

#21 Posted by Helloman (28506 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, he can tank it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#22 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: What about the redirected explosion thing from Thanos that send him like a kilometre backwards and through a large metal structure? (On mobile I'll post it later you prolly know about it though)

#23 Edited by ANTHP2000 (25755 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: Didn't he get dropped for a while by that?

Besides, that still doesn't mean he can tank something that killed Ares (unless we apply the above user's logic ofc).

#24 Posted by Cahddz (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: ... what gave you that idea?

Some guy litteraly challenged me to a CaV with Tony and Diana for no reason, someone else passively agressively mentioned Thor vs WW. Idrc about these characters much, I'm just saying.

edit: bruh, the latter was you

Because you make weird claims and I want to outright defeat you in front of everybody.

#25 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

Ofc Tony tanks it.. He already tanked Thor’s lightning and it charged his suit

X

#26 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25755 posts) - - Show Bio

@cahddz: That's like the definition of salt.

#27 Posted by Sy8000 (35072 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's lightning just made him stronger so sure.

#28 Posted by Cahddz (85 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25755 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by RuthlessKiller (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: small building level is 1.48e8 to 1.046e9 Joules or 0.25 tons of TNT. Assuming the best case scenario for Ares, iron man's mark four can casually output 8e9 joules or two tons of TNT per second, so not only can Iron man absorb it, it's too weak to actually affect him that much.

#31 Posted by Amonfire1776 (2917 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony laughs it off...the guy tanked being smashed by a meteorite, a powerstone beam, and he already has tanked lighning...

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#32 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10479 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Just ignore cahdsalty, he just tried the same thing with me. It's really not worth it, he's the literal definition of a shoddy debater, arguing with him will only cost you more brain cells.

#33 Edited by Tenguswordsman (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony survives very easily.

#34 Posted by Cahddz (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Just ignore cahdsalty, he just tried the same thing with me. It's really not worth it, he's the literal definition of a shoddy debater, arguing with him will only cost you more brain cells.

The syntax in that statement is horrendous.

#35 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10479 posts) - - Show Bio

@cahddz: Oh since when did you become a Grammar Nazi? Grow up and stop being insecure. Of all things, you care way too damn much about fictional topics. Real talk, dude. Take it easy.

#36 Edited by Kevd4wg (12509 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: CaV Me DCEU Wonder Woman vs MCU Melinda May starting distance 100 feet May has a gun

I’ll stop your DCEU wank and awful statements once and for all

#37 Posted by Cahddz (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@cahddz: Oh since when did you become a Grammar Nazi? Grow up and stop being insecure. Of all things, you care way too damn much about fictional topics. Real talk, dude. Take it easy.

Your grammar is terrible.

#38 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10479 posts) - - Show Bio

@cahddz: That's just a blatant lie. But whatever helps you sleep at night, girly girl.

#39 Posted by Cahddz (85 posts) - - Show Bio

@cahddz: That's just a blatant lie. But whatever helps you sleep at night, girly girl.

No, it's true.

#40 Posted by Noone1996 (11467 posts) - - Show Bio

@sy8000 said:

Thor's lightning just made him stronger so sure.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#41 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7463 posts) - - Show Bio

His armor was damaged by thor's weakest lightning, Ares lightning that vaporized a landmass will be overkill.

#42 Posted by macleen (3269 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: wait till you witness textbook double standards from the mcu fans

#43 Edited by Co-Boss (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@plotweapon16255: no only was that a much much much weaker iron Man suit, but also he still absorbed it with that much weaker suit.

#44 Posted by DammeFavour (8289 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait are we seriously comparing thor's tiny lightning stream to lightning that vaporized that much pavement and a dude that tanked a giant explosion losing only his clothes?

#46 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Question is more why Ares would even use the lightning when he could just squash Tony's helmet and his head along with it.

Anways, I am pretty sure Ares could kill Tony with lightning if he wanted to, it's just a matter of making it big enough. Thor made a puny bolt and it nearly wrecked the Mk.4 suit (I guess thats what it has to be).

#47 Posted by KingLouie (2971 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

Ofc Tony tanks it.. He already tanked Thor’s lightning and it charged a weaker suit

X

#48 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

@anthp2000: CaV Me DCEU Wonder Woman vs MCU Melinda May starting distance 100 feet May has a gun

I’ll stop your DCEU wank and awful statements once and for all

yaaaaas

X

#49 Edited by Alavanka (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

To argue that Iron Man can absorb lightning no matter the scale would be no limit fallacy. Thor didn't use his strongest lightning bolt against Iron Man in Avengers 1. The bolt he used against Iron Man was nothing compared to the bolt he later used against the leviathans. Just looking at the feats side by side, it's hard to imagine that Iron Man would survive the Leviathan bolt. Now, Are's lightning isn't as powerful as Thor's high end lightning, but it is a lot larger than the small bolt Thor used against Iron Man. I think it's entirely fair to say that Ares would badly damage the Avengers 1 suit. That said, Tony has made several improvements to his suits. Bleeding Edge suit has shown durability enough to tank any energy attacks as strong as the power stone blast. It also survived being crushed by a boulder sized chunk of moon. I would say current Iron Man can survive the blast, but the suit would be moderately damaged.

Tiny bolt that Iron Man absorbed
Tiny bolt that Iron Man absorbed
Huge bolt used against the leviathan
Huge bolt used against the leviathan
#50 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10479 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure the meteor feat is impressive but I don't think Tony can "tank" a concentrated lighting attack that left a huge crater on the ground as a side effect (perhaps it had something to do with Ares exploding, or the fact that his lighting had explosive properties? Both seem like a possibility to me).