User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lilbroomstick

Iron Man

Vs

Unworthy Thor/Worthy Thor

Round 1: In-character

Round 2: Bloodlusted

Conditions:

• Both are fighting to the best of their abilities in both rounds(no winning by unethical means in the first round)
  • Iron Man is a composite of all armors shown
  • If Iron Man takes it handily make Thor worthy
  • If Thor takes it handily Iron Man gets 5 days of Prep
  • They fight in the middle of New York City
New York
New York

Who wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ironman

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lilbroomstick
Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps Rounds 1. And he also wins the second. He has no direct weaknesses like kryptonite that could be exploited. Has Iron Man ever beaten Thor, even with prep?

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spiderman1997

@wesat: I don’t think so. In fact, the only time (that I know of) Iron Man even prepped against Thor at all was in The Reigning with the famous “Thorbuster” armor. And even then Iron Man utilized an element that Thor himself had givemn to him a long time before that which he otherwise wouldn’t have had access to.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Iron Man loses in a random encounter, but with prep he takes it handily. If Thor blasts Tony with lightning though it could be a lot closer than people think.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Noone1996

@spiderman1997: He was going up against Thor with the Odin Force though in that instance. Under that same writer, he wrote Thor as powerful enough to casually dent Captain America's shield with a casual and holding back blow. He then repairs it just as easily. I wouldn't say that the Thor-Buster instance is a good or applicable example of Iron Man's ability to prep against him. Especially since he's done it successfully in AXIS when he built Adamantium Sentinels.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lilbroomstick
Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Noone1996

@wesat: During Avengers & X-Men: AXIS he built Adamantium Sentinels which targeted/exploited the weaknesses of his allies, bathed them in Pym particles, and then teleported them within the robots. He defeated the Avengers and X-Men doing this (unworthy Thor was among those defeated). He's built weather satellites which manipulated the weather in such a way that Thor couldn't do anything about it. He's constantly utilized technology that could siphon and absorb the power of Mjolnir and Thor's lightning.

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really seeing what Tony could do against Thor with prep. People like Dr Doom have already tried that and failed.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By blackspidey2099

Thor should stomp both rounds. I don't think Tony can really beat a bloodlusted Thor even with prep, but 5 days isn't even enough time for him to do anything to make it competitive.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 takenstew22  Moderator

Is that Thorbuster I see in the 2nd to last scan? Didn't that suit fight OF Thor?

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: Didn't Tony build Stark Sentinels in about 2 days? I thought the composite armors were impressive enough to give him a good fight at least(with two armors that already fought Thor and one armor that was doing decently against Hulk)

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: I might be mistaken since I haven't revisited Axis since it came out, but IIRC Tony had been working on countermeasures for the heroes ever since Civil War which was where he started collecting the files that he used to build the Stark Sentinels. That seems like years of R&D to me, not 2 days.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Thorbuster is here but a lot of people are under the impression that it has no power without siphoning energy from King Thor. It is true that it could absorb the Odinforce but it was stated multiple times that the Asgardian crystal powering the armor could tap into the Odinforce. It's not on par with King Thor but I don't think it's powerless either. I used to think if Tony combined Bleeding edge tech with Thorbuster, he could effectively beat Thor. I have mixed feelings about that now though.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: The satellite bit sounds a like a lot of bad writing to me if you don’t me saying :D But hey, I haven’t read AXIS (stopped reading Marvel after Original Sin other than Hickman’s Avengers/New Avengers and Secret Wars all the way until Spencer took on Spidey) so I won’t complain any further :D

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alphamon

Jeus this is over kill, Ironman stomps

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could you elaborate on why you think he stomps? You're the first person who's said this so far.

@alphamon said:

Jeus this is over kill, Ironman stomps

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: I’m assuming since that since it’s a composite suit it’s strength stacks, and since there are like three hulk buster suits more powerful then the other plus the Thor buster suit which is arguably on pair with worthy Thor if not above plus all the other suits that I have no idea about I’m gonna have to say Ironman takes this quit handly

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon: There are model prime's hulkbuster, "hulked out" Endo-sym, and Hulkbuster model 52 along with the Fin Fang Foombuster if you're counting that. The strength does stack but the OP states if Tony takes it handily Thor becomes Worthy. Do you think he still beats Thor when he's worthy?

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: pretty much I mean multiple debatably hulk lvl suits plus fin fang doom buster and the Thor buster suit (which I’m still not completely sure on how powerful it is with out using out side energy) which is debatably on Thor’s lvl if not above.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon: Thorbuster is kind of hard to say. It seems to be below King Thor but probably somewhere on high herald tier since it has Odinforce under King Thor's and likely above Mjolnir's based off of Thorbuster's feats and statements. Thor and Iron Destroyer(who should have Odinforce at least on par with Mjolnir's) by comparison will effortlessly lose to Odin. Odin is a good margin weaker than King Thor.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: ya true but my main problem with said statements is if I’m supposed to directly compare the armor and mijhor or the worthy enchantment

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon: That was just my attempt at giving a power level to the Thorbuster since it's not powerless even though it's hard to quantify. There were several statements of Thorbuster's asgardian crystal tapping into the same power/enchantment as Odin/Mjolnir before and during the fight. We even see it parry Mjolnir's blows(with his punches and repulsors) despite them being at least strong enough to dent something as hard as Captain America's shield. I'll explain it a bit more since you seemed to be confused.

Bleeding edge Iron Man had went through Odin's forge to become Iron Destroyer and it has the same enchantment as Mjolnir meaning it has the Odinforce. Normal Thor doesn't have the Odinforce himself but Mjolnir does. Odin had beat them both with ease. From what I remember King Thor did significantly better against Galactus than Odin did so I'd say it's safe to assume King Thor's Odinforce>>Odin's Odinforce>>Mjolnir's Odinforce.

The fact that Thorbuster did better than Iron Destroyer(who was actually made of Uru) means that it had a better enchantment.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if prep tony wins

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: I don’t want to get too off-topic but honestly Odin doesn’t seem to be that much weaker than King Thor, if at all. In Fraction’s run, Odin didn’t actually fall to Odinsleep but rather when he realized fighting against Galactus would be a waste of his power and time (since he would eventually lose), he transported his soul to the Destroyer. Odin also has some crazy high end feats such as tearing the 10th Realm, effectively a universe (realms of Yggdrasil have been stated to be full on, infinite universes), from Yggdrasil and erasing everyone’s memory of its existence and his battle with Seth “occuring simultaneously on every plane of existence” and “tearing away at the fabric of the multiverse”. Also I think Old King has more raw power than the Reigning King (the one that fought Thorbuster-Man).

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a little off-topic but I wanted to put some insight on this. King Thor would still be above Odin off of supposed and implied power. Thor would be stronger than both of his parents and his power is Odin's power stacked on Thor's own power. don't remember but didn't normal Thor help Odin against Galactus? I was also just generally more impressed by King Thor's physical power m/strength feats. I don't know if I could say either of them have infinite universal power though. Old King Thor is possibly stronger but King Thor was in his prime and should at least have the same physical power. It's debatable if King Thor is stronger than Odin or not but the version of Thor I'd consider massively stronger is Rune King Thor(with maybe necro king thor being the only one that's more powerful). I put it as Rune King Thor>>>>Old King/King Thor>Odin>>>Odinforce Thor with King Thor being somewhat more physically impressive than Rune King Thor.

Back on topic though, I'd consider fighting a ruthless reigning King Thor as you would call him more impressive than fighting and losing to Odin who was barely trying like Iron Destroyer/Thor did. King Thor seemed to fight the hardest against Thorbuster in my opinion and even then he nearly killed Cap with a less powerful strike. King Thor seemed to only have a soft spot for Cap while everyone else including Tony were "nothing to him" at that point.

@lilbroomstick: I don’t want to get too off-topic but honestly Odin doesn’t seem to be that much weaker than King Thor, if at all. In Fraction’s run, Odin didn’t actually fall to Odinsleep but rather when he realized fighting against Galactus would be a waste of his power and time (since he would eventually lose), he transported his soul to the Destroyer. Odin also has some crazy high end feats such as tearing the 10th Realm, effectively a universe (realms of Yggdrasil have been stated to be full on, infinite universes), from Yggdrasil and erasing everyone’s memory of its existence and his battle with Seth “occuring simultaneously on every plane of existence” and “tearing away at the fabric of the multiverse”. Also I think Old King has more raw power than the Reigning King (the one that fought Thorbuster-Man).

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oceanmaster21: Do you have any particular way Tony wins with prep? How would fare without prep?

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon: That was just my attempt at giving a power level to the Thorbuster since it's not powerless even though it's hard to quantify. There were several statements of Thorbuster's asgardian crystal tapping into the same power/enchantment as Odin/Mjolnir before and during the fight. We even see it parry Mjolnir's blows(with his punches and repulsors) despite them being at least strong enough to dent something as hard as Captain America's shield. I'll explain it a bit more since you seemed to be confused.

Bleeding edge Iron Man had went through Odin's forge to become Iron Destroyer and it has the same enchantment as Mjolnir meaning it has the Odinforce. Normal Thor doesn't have the Odinforce himself but Mjolnir does. Odin had beat them both with ease. From what I remember King Thor did significantly better against Galactus than Odin did so I'd say it's safe to assume King Thor's Odinforce>>Odin's Odinforce>>Mjolnir's Odinforce.

The fact that Thorbuster did better than Iron Destroyer(who was actually made of Uru) means that it had a better enchantment.

well the thorbuster wouldnt have and equivalent to the Odin force or the Odin force it would be powered by the god storm technically since that is the source of Mjohliner‘s power

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon: That's very unlikely considering Tony mentioned Odin(unless you're saying he gets his powers from Godstorm too) himself and Mjolnir also has it's own Odinforce. Thorbuster does have it's own Odinforce but not everyone has Odinforce at the same level of power

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: mjolnir isn’t powered by the Odin force the only things that it has from Odin is the worthy enchantment and that’s it, mjolnir is only powered by the storm that is inside it

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon: Mjolnir had received several spells along with the Worthy enchantment from Odin so you're wrong there. It received some power from Odin along with godstorm meaning it has it's own portion of the Odinforce.

It's a hard reach to say Thorbuster gets powers from the Godstorm instead of the Odinforce when Tony explicitly mentions Odin and the fact that Godstorm is trapped in Mjolnir specifically meaning Iron Destoyer, and Thorbuster can't even access that power.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: can you please so me we’re Odin enchantment mjolnir with more power

We’re did tony mention Odin? It seems more of a reach to me that Odin would give mjolnir more sense it was a gaint pain in his ass.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thorbuster armor makes it a problem, so not sure if regular Thor can win against it and the combination of all other armors.

With prep Tony should take it without question.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@blackspidey2099: Well, a few people did say why they think Iron Man wins. What did you think of those? The armors power stack on each other making a stronger composite armor. In fact, both Bleeding edge and Thorbuster had already fought versions of Thor. Do you think Tony can't put up a fight and if you do could you explain why?

As for the prep part, maybe Tony could just access something that he wouldn't have in a random encounter instead of making an entirely new device.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: So far no one actually gave reasons lol. I know Bleeding Edge fought Thor once, but I consider that mini-series as an outlier since Tony's feats in that series were way above his appearances in his own main run by Fraction, the Avengers run by Bendis, and other guest appearances (for example, his fights with Rulk, or War Machine, or Worthy Grey Gargoyle, or Magneto - all of which are considered as pretty good feats for Bleeding Edge Iron Man but also show that he isn't quite as good as he was in that one mini-series). The Hulkbuster was wrecked by weaker versions of Hulk who aren't on the same level as Thor. I'm not convinced the Thorbuster was effective without the Asgardian crystal. The other armors here are basically fodder. Sure, this composite armor will be an annoyance to Thor, but I don't think it has enough power to KO Thor, even if Thor is holding back and won't one-shot Tony.

As for prep, I just can't think of anything Tony has built which would take out bloodlusted Thor - especially not in just 5 days. Thor's broken adamantium before so Stark Sentinels won't work. I'm not confident the genetic disruptor will have any effect on Thor. He has some anti-matter weapons, but I'm pretty sure Thor has feats of not being annihilated by anti-matter. His superweapon city couldn't even take out Hulk. Tony just doesn't have a good record against high tiers like Thor or Hulk, even with prep.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Noone1996

@blackspidey2099: What about his genetic disruptor which depowered Ares, Sentry, Ms. Marvel, Moonstone, Luke Cage, and Spider-Man (among others)? Hell, even you have made the argument that Spider-Man can beat high tiers with prep by opening a portal and BFR’ing them, but somehow it’s outside the range of possibility for Tony to beat unworthy Thor with a week of prep?

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@blackspidey2099: Okay, before I address anything Thor doing stuff like breaking adamantium and breaking celestial armor would be outliers for him. He hasn't had such a good track record against adamantium and being bloodlusted wouldn't help.

Tony has actually had a good track record against Hulk/Thor but somewhere in the early 2000s there started to be a few inconsistencies of him losing too easily.

He could do pretty well in a non prepped fight and honestly don't know why you see his crossover with Thor as an outlier compared to what you just pointed out. Iron Man's fight with an amped Taurus(along with giving a mindcontrolled Hulk the business not too long after that), trapping Apocalypse with his shields, and tanking multiple hits from Worthy Grey Gargoyle and slicing his head would all support that Bleeding edge isn't fodder compared to Thor. None of the Hulkbuster's here ever even fought Hulk and the Thorbuster is powered by the asgardian crystal so why would it need to be effective without it? All of the armors have impressive feats/abilities that I can inform you about if you want. Just like Thor has say Godblast Iron Man has his satellite blast(he doesn't really need prep to use this). A few other neat abilities Iron Man has here would be his own spidey sense/pre cognition(extremis), holograms, nanomachines/mini Iron Men(Fin Fang Foombuster), duplication(Model Prime), strength/durability boost from absorbing the electromagnetic fields in the atmosphere(Bleeding edge), regeneration, camouflage, disabling his safety protocols to increase striking power, picking up people with the Iron in their blood, anti-energy absorbing blasts, complete heat draining(model 42) ect.

The Stark Sentinels took on a lot more than just Thor so they would obviously take the majority. Sols Hammer destroys planets at 2% power(Endo-sym had tanked the Dyson Sphere destruction by the way). The genetic disruptor in theory could work on Thor if it reverts any superhuman down to normal human levels. The only people they wouldn't work on are guys like Flash and Green Lantern since they get their powers from outside forces instead of genetics. By feats the superweapon city + car armor<<<<mostly any armor. I mean even Model 42 actually had a good scuffle with Hulk(and Doctor Doom) which is better than whatever power that city displayed. Heck just for kicks I'll even show a fight between Iron Man and Hulk to prove he isn't as helpless as you make him out to be

No Caption Provided
As a bonus I'll point out the Golden Avenger armor rocked Hulk hard enough to make him drop Giant Man and Thor
As a bonus I'll point out the Golden Avenger armor rocked Hulk hard enough to make him drop Giant Man and Thor

Matter of fact just take a look at some of the feats displayed on this thread if you still think Bleeding edge's fight with Thor is still an outlier. The Fin Fang Foombuster alone had dropped Absorbing Man

No Caption Provided

Sorry if I made this too long but I figured I could use what I'm saying here in future debates.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By blackspidey2099

@lilbroomstick:

Okay, before I address anything Thor doing stuff like breaking adamantium and breaking celestial armor would be outliers for him. He hasn't had such a good track record against adamantium and being bloodlusted wouldn't help.

I didn't bring up Celestial armor since that's an outlier, but Thor has quite a few feats of breaking uru, adamantium (secondary), and vibranium. I don't think those are outliers.

Tony has actually had a good track record against Hulk/Thor but somewhere in the early 2000s there started to be a few inconsistencies of him losing too easily.

Classic Iron Man only has one win against them IIRC, but the composite armor you used here include none of the Classic armors.

He could do pretty well in a non prepped fight and honestly don't know why you see his crossover with Thor as an outlier compared to what you just pointed out. Iron Man's fight with an amped Taurus(along with giving a mindcontrolled Hulk the business not too long after that), trapping Apocalypse with his shields, and tanking multiple hits from Worthy Grey Gargoyle and slicing his head would all support that Bleeding edge isn't fodder compared to Thor.

He got two-shot by Taurus though. Iron Man was pretty outmatched by Grey Gargoyle in terms of stats until he used the repulsor blade against him, and the Worthy were pretty clearly below Thor since Thor one-shot Worthy Thing. The Apocalypse feat is pretty impressive, but I don't think the force field can hold Thor for long, especially since Thor can summon lightning from outside even if he's in the force field. Overall, that's only two feats where Iron Man performs around Thor level (against Apocalypse, and against Thor).

None of the Hulkbuster's here ever even fought Hulk and the Thorbuster is powered by the asgardian crystal so why would it need to be effective without it?

Oh I thought you were using a composite Hulkbuster. I feel like if you only use the one that went up against Pymtron, that's even worse for Tony since it was getting broken by Pymtron who wasn't anywhere near Thor level (he was scared to go into the Sun while Thor casually chills out in the Sun). I don't see how the Asgardian crystal helps against Thor when he doesn't have Odinforce powers. Unless we're using current Thor with Odinforce + Power Cosmic? It could help then, but I'd say Thor stomps much harder in that case.

All of the armors have impressive feats/abilities that I can inform you about if you want. Just like Thor has say Godblast Iron Man has his satellite blast(he doesn't really need prep to use this). A few other neat abilities Iron Man has here would be his own spidey sense/pre cognition(extremis), holograms, nanomachines/mini Iron Men(Fin Fang Foombuster), duplication(Model Prime), strength/durability boost from absorbing the electromagnetic fields in the atmosphere(Bleeding edge), regeneration, camouflage, disabling his safety protocols to increase striking power, picking up people with the Iron in their blood, anti-energy absorbing blasts, complete heat draining(model 42) ect.

I'm aware of all of that. I don't think the satellite blast is going to do anything to Thor - it only depowered Hulk when it was modified by the Intelligencia in WWH. IDK if it has any other good feats. You didn't even actually include Extremis, but even if you did, I don't think Spider-Sense is going to help Tony put Thor down at all, though it means Thor will take longer to beat Tony. The nano Iron Men were featless, holograms and duplicates are useless if Thor uses AoE lightning, and I don't think the other stuff is really relevant here. The striking power increase from absorbing electromagnetic fields (I'm assuming you're talking about AvX: VS) didn't really show anything on Thor's level either. Obviously it's hard to calculate how much that changes if you stack all of the armors together, but I usually go by the rule that stacking a bunch of things which aren't individually on Thor's level won't allow you to sum them up into something better than Thor.

The Stark Sentinels took on a lot more than just Thor so they would obviously take the majority.

Being trapped in adamantium is a low showing for Thor tbh. Not to mention that, now that he knows what they do, he can just avoid the Pym Particles.

Sols Hammer destroys planets at 2% power(Endo-sym had tanked the Dyson Sphere destruction by the way).

Tony can't build Sol's Hammer on his own and especially not in 5 days. Even if he did, by the time it took for him to fly to the Sun and aim it, Thor would catch him and beat him up since Thor has better travel speed. Endo-Sym didn't tank Dyson Sphere destruction, it just left the Dyson Sphere cause it was going to be destroyed... There's no proof Tony was in the Dyson Sphere when it got destroyed. Even if it was inside the Dyson Sphere as it broke, I don't see why that's a good feat? Tony flew out of a collapsing structure and that's all that happened.

The genetic disruptor in theory could work on Thor if it reverts any superhuman down to normal human levels.

Thor's powers are intrinsically magic. I don't think the genetic disruptor would work on him.

Heck just for kicks I'll even show a fight between Iron Man and Hulk to prove he isn't as helpless as you make him out to be

Your fight literally shows Hulk laughing off every hit from Tony and breaking the armor with one attack? That's like one of Tony's worst fights against Hulk, lol. That armor isn't even part of this composite anyways.

Matter of fact just take a look at some of the feats displayed on this thread if you still think Bleeding edge's fight with Thor is still an outlier. The Fin Fang Foombuster alone had dropped Absorbing Man

I'm aware of most of those feats, and it also looks like most of those feats involve heavy scaling from previous armors based on the assumption that Tony's armors are more powerful than previous armors - which is rarely true in practice. Plenty of armors have worse feats than the armors before them. This is because writers always want a feasible reason for why Tony changes armors (they're "upgrades") but they want Tony to stay in roughly the same tier and not power creep into like teambuster tier by now. I don't think dropping Absorbing Man is such a great feat since he's super inconsistent and fights guys like Spider-Man and Luke Cage just as often as he fights Thor.

@noone1996 said:

@blackspidey2099: What about his genetic disruptor which depowered Ares, Sentry, Ms. Marvel, Moonstone, Luke Cage, and Spider-Man (among others)? Hell, even you have made the argument that Spider-Man can beat high tiers with prep by opening a portal and BFR’ing them, but somehow it’s outside the range of possibility for Tony to beat unworthy Thor with a week of prep?

I don't think the genetic disruptor would work on Thor since he's a god who's powers at least partly come from magic and stuff (ex. odinforce and Mjolnir made Jane - a regular human - into a high tier). If BFR is an option for winning, then yeah, Tony can easily win with teleportation. I was thinking more like KO-ing Thor, but if Tony is allowed to BFR Thor into the Negative Zone with his Negative Zone thingy he was going to use against Hulk and that counts as a win, then Tony definitely takes it. IIRC, Thor doesn't often teleport into other dimensions with Mjolnir, so I don't think he can escape the Negative Zone.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lilbroomstick

I didn't bring up Celestial armor since that's an outlier, but Thor has quite a few feats of breaking uru, adamantium (secondary), and vibranium. I don't think those are outliers.

Secondary adamantium seems plausible although you do realize all the things you just mentioned usually take extreme effort when he actually does break them? He usually can't even break this stuff without the Odinforce. The doesn't really consistently break them without any kind of amp.

Classic Iron Man only has one win against them IIRC, but the composite armor you used here include none of the Classic armors.

Endo-sym was very explicitly shown and stated to be more powerful than the classic armors(ignoring the subtle hints and direct comparisons made with extremis, Bleeding edge, and Model Prime). Pretty much everytime Tony makes a powerful new armor they show it's better one way or another. He has like 2 and five half wins against Hulk/Thor specifically but if you're counting other people then he stalemated Silver Surfer, had an inconclusive sonic boom causing fight with him another time, stalemated Hercules, showed up the fantastic four multiple times and beats Namor pretty much everytime(including non classic armors too)

He got two-shot by Taurus though. Iron Man was pretty outmatched by Grey Gargoyle in terms of stats until he used the repulsor blade against him, and the Worthy were pretty clearly below Thor since Thor one-shot Worthy Thing. The Apocalypse feat is pretty impressive, but I don't think the force field can hold Thor for long, especially since Thor can summon lightning from outside even if he's in the force field. Overall, that's only two feats where Iron Man performs around Thor level (against Apocalypse, and against Thor).

Are we going to act like Thor didn't get taken out in the same amount of hits by Taurus? Iron Man was actually more impressive than Thor in that fight considering he only got one surprised attack in while Iron Man had landed hits on a ready Taurus. Not to mentioned he lasted longer in the fight. I disagree on the Worthy Grey Gargoyle statement since the only time I can remember Thor no-selling Tony's blows and beating Iron Man anyway near as bad was when Extremis fought and took several hits from Odinforce Thor. The amped Thing had got oneshotted by Thor and slightly beaten up Spider-Man so I'd say Worthy Grey Gargoyle was more impressive by comparison.

Oh I thought you were using a composite Hulkbuster. I feel like if you only use the one that went up against Pymtron, that's even worse for Tony since it was getting broken by Pymtron who wasn't anywhere near Thor level (he was scared to go into the Sun while Thor casually chills out in the Sun). I don't see how the Asgardian crystal helps against Thor when he doesn't have Odinforce powers. Unless we're using current Thor with Odinforce + Power Cosmic? It could help then, but I'd say Thor stomps much harder in that case.

I do agree with Pymtron being weaker but the go into the sun comparison doesn't necessarily make him weaker. Iceman could be afraid to go into the sun even though say Human Torch can lol. Does that make him weaker than Torch? I choose that Hulkbuster because it's speedy and it did beat on Pymtron for a bit, although Peter Quill did manage to smack around Gladiator and his friends for a bit while wearing this. It also managed to somewhat hold his own against Sentry level+ people. The other Hulkbusters here are ther Argonaut Hulkbuster, "Hulked-out" Endo-sym, and Model Prime Hulkbuster. Endo-sym scales over the other the strongest known Hulkbuster(World War Hulkbuster) by feats while the argonaut would be the strongest by implied power. That's why it felt unnecessary to make it a composite Hulkbuster. The asgardian crystal gave Thorbuster the majority of its power with it's own Odinforce. It was basically like if Iron Man(Thorbuster) gave Thor(King Thor) a good fight but eventually got overwhelmed by his lightning(Odinforce) and physical strikes. Even so, Thorbuster could still get power from Mjolnir here.

I'm aware of all of that. I don't think the satellite blast is going to do anything to Thor - it only depowered Hulk when it was modified by the Intelligencia in WWH. IDK if it has any other good feats. You didn't even actually include Extremis, but even if you did, I don't think Spider-Sense is going to help Tony put Thor down at all, though it means Thor will take longer to beat Tony. The nano Iron Men were featless, holograms and duplicates are useless if Thor uses AoE lightning, and I don't think the other stuff is really relevant here. The striking power increase from absorbing electromagnetic fields (I'm assuming you're talking about AvX: VS) didn't really show anything on Thor's level either. Obviously it's hard to calculate how much that changes if you stack all of the armors together, but I usually go by the rule that stacking a bunch of things which aren't individually on Thor's level won't allow you to sum them up into something better than Thor.

I think his Satellites also vaporized an Ultimo that was no-selling Thor's blows. Bleeding edge is quite literally extremis 2.0 and it was shown to be such. It's literally one of the most direct armors that could be scaled off of here. The nano Iron Men had multiplied inside of Fin Fang Foom and killed off the virus controlling him. I'm sure they could be used as some type of distraction at least. Holograms and camouflaging will make things difficult for Thor, and likely even give Tony the opportunity to come up with a plan. I'm pretty sure Magneto has one of the most powerful shields in Marvel so the fact that Iron Man not only could burst them, not only hold his own, but actually punched a self-amped Magneto with enough force to BFR him is in impressive. That ability increases his physical strength and durability. I was referring to the time Iron Man put his-self into a coma while greatly increasing his striking power by disabling his safety protocols to knock out Mindless Hulk when I said striking power. It seems like it would be a last resort kind of thing though. All of the armors are powerful enough to Thor to make a big difference with stacked stats and power. It's not like it'll take you 100 Bleeding edge or Endo-sym Iron Men to get to Thor's level for example. By feats it would likely only take 2. Plus if they were all individually on Thor's level then it would obviously a stomp in favor of Tony.

Being trapped in adamantium is a low showing for Thor tbh. Not to mention that, now that he knows what they do, he can just avoid the Pym Particles.

Fair enough on the part about avoiding the Pym Particles but with Tony helping they could likely hit him.

Tony can't build Sol's Hammer on his own and especially not in 5 days. Even if he did, by the time it took for him to fly to the Sun and aim it, Thor would catch him and beat him up since Thor has better travel speed. Endo-Sym didn't tank Dyson Sphere destruction, it just left the Dyson Sphere cause it was going to be destroyed... There's no proof Tony was in the Dyson Sphere when it got destroyed. Even if it was inside the Dyson Sphere as it broke, I don't see why that's a good feat? Tony flew out of a collapsing structure and that's all that happened.

I was just saying it could be an option. Tony's travel speed actually isn't too far off considering what he's done and who he's kept up with. Thor is obviously faster with dimensional travel but Tony wouldn't be far behind with warp speed and both speeds would be far too fast for just traveling to Sols hammer. Tony was right above the Dyson Sphere when the destruction happened(his ship gets destroyed because of this) and he literally was shown to be inside the blast not caring. It was like a more insane version of the time Extremis tanked 5 nukes.

Thor's powers are intrinsically magic. I don't think the genetic disruptor would work on him.

The Genetic disruptor should partially work at least. Thor might still have his powers but his natural stats would be taken. Then again if we factor in Donald Blake it would be more complicated.

Your fight literally shows Hulk laughing off every hit from Tony and breaking the armor with one attack? That's like one of Tony's worst fights against Hulk, lol. That armor isn't even part of this composite anyways.

You kind of do have a point but everything else was shown in the link I gave so I decided to use a new fight. If you actually look at Hulk's expressions you'll see he wasn't laughing off the blows and the fight ended with Hulk getting blasted away. Hulk broke Tony's armor with one attack and a squeeze but it's a lot less impressive for Hulk when you look at the context. Iron Man was low on power while Hulk had gained power and basically said he was angrier than ever. Iron Man was basically combatblitzing Hulk the whole fight..I already addressed why I don't need to specifically composite the classic armors. You can still have these fights since you're not satisfied with that one

Tony showing Hulk who's the real savage LOL
Tony showing Hulk who's the real savage LOL
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
This is the fight with Model 42 that I mentioned earlier. He didn't do too bad against Hulk considering he was sucker punched and did not want to fight at all
This is the fight with Model 42 that I mentioned earlier. He didn't do too bad against Hulk considering he was sucker punched and did not want to fight at all

I'm aware of most of those feats, and it also looks like most of those feats involve heavy scaling from previous armors based on the assumption that Tony's armors are more powerful than previous armors - which is rarely true in practice. Plenty of armors have worse feats than the armors before them. This is because writers always want a feasible reason for why Tony changes armors (they're "upgrades") but they want Tony to stay in roughly the same tier and not power creep into like teambuster tier by now. I don't think dropping Absorbing Man is such a great feat since he's super inconsistent and fights guys like Spider-Man and Luke Cage just as often as he fights Thor.

It's not based on assumption when there's been actual evidence and direct comparisons. Nobody is going to believe that Bleeding edge and Endo-sym are weaker than Extremis(literally the older version of Bleeding edge and even without that Bleeding edge has better feats between the two) and the classic armors(literally shown to be weaker than Endo-sym; literally outperformed by Extremis). Iron Patriot is just one of the weakest armors in general. Endo-sym is technically extremis 3.0 so it should scale off of Bleeding edge but it doesn't because it functions completely differently and there haven't been any direct comparisons between the two. I feel like those feats kind of debunk all the statements about Iron Man not having the damage output to put down Hulk/Thor(Bleeding edge alone did well against both of them). Fair enough on Absorbing Man though, to be fair Iron Man is pretty far away from street level(outside of MCU and Avengers Assemble where he's portrayed closer to Captain America level).

I actually did forget Tony had access to the negative zone. He should be able to defeat most opponents with a device to BFR people there.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Noone1996

@blackspidey2099: Well Thor had his powers before he became worthy, so I don't think there's an immense connection with Mjolnir or magic to his physicals. Even if it only partially depowered him I think it could make a difference. I don't see what makes Unworthy Thor that different from Ares. Even if he could only reduce Thor's physical stats, but not stop his lightning manipulation, he's got satellites for that too. Also, as much of a meme as his Hulk-Buster's are, the one he used in World War Hulk was actually really impressive and I'd argue that it could do really well against unworthy Thor. It's definitely capable of KO'ing him.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By blackspidey2099

@lilbroomstick: You should tag me if you're responding to me, I only saw your post thanks to Noone.

Secondary adamantium seems plausible although you do realize all the things you just mentioned usually take extreme effort when he actually does break them? He usually can't even break this stuff without the Odinforce. The doesn't really consistently break them without any kind of amp.

Thor with Odinforce could break Cap's shield, which is >>>> adamantium. Hulk and Thor have both broken/damaged secondary adamantium on multiple occasions without any type of power ups.

Endo-sym was very explicitly shown and stated to be more powerful than the classic armors(ignoring the subtle hints and direct comparisons made with extremis, Bleeding edge, and Model Prime).

Like I said, I wouldn't hold much stock in those statements and scaling. Whenever classic armors show up in modern comics, they are nowhere near as powerful as they were back when they were Tony's main armor. Heck, in Fraction's run when Tony had to keep downgrading, most of the really classic armors were portrayed as like street level, being one-shot by rocket launchers and stuff. Writers tend to show Tony's upgrades with every armor iteration by retroactively making previous armors worse, not power creeping Tony every time.

Pretty much everytime Tony makes a powerful new armor they show it's better one way or another.

They try to, but in terms of overall feats, most armors are all at the same level. I'd say the only armors which are truly above any other Iron Man armors are Extremis and Bleeding Edge - Superior is arguable.

He has like 2 and five half wins against Hulk/Thor specifically but if you're counting other people then he stalemated Silver Surfer, had an inconclusive sonic boom causing fight with him another time, stalemated Hercules, showed up the fantastic four multiple times and beats Namor pretty much everytime(including non classic armors too)

IIRC, Tony has a total of one win against Hulk. Which happened like 40 years ago and almost killed Tony. I don't recall him truly getting any other wins or stalemates against Thor, Hulk, or Herc. I know he's also definitely been on the losing end of at least a few fights with Namor, though I would say he's consistently above Namor due to his versatility.

Are we going to act like Thor didn't get taken out in the same amount of hits by Taurus? Iron Man was actually more impressive than Thor in that fight considering he only got one surprised attack in while Iron Man had landed hits on a ready Taurus. Not to mentioned he lasted longer in the fight.

But Thor's one hit did a lot more damage... Tony's hits didn't really do any notable damage. Tony did get more hits in but did way less damage and also got taken out far quicker. Thor got hit like 4 times and was KOd for 5 minutes, Tony got hit twice and was out for hours.

I disagree on the Worthy Grey Gargoyle statement since the only time I can remember Thor no-selling Tony's blows and beating Iron Man anyway near as bad was when Extremis fought and took several hits from Odinforce Thor. The amped Thing had got oneshotted by Thor and slightly beaten up Spider-Man so I'd say Worthy Grey Gargoyle was more impressive by comparison.

Grey Gargoyle < Thing. If they both get an equal amp, amped Grey Gargoyle is still going to be weaker than amped Thing. You can't seriously be saying Grey Gargoyle with a hammer is better than Thor... The reason Thor never messes up Tony that badly is because he's never truly tried to kill Tony, not even in that fight you were talking about. Odinforce Thor could have vaporized Tony with a hit if he wanted Tony dead.

I do agree with Pymtron being weaker but the go into the sun comparison doesn't necessarily make him weaker. Iceman could be afraid to go into the sun even though say Human Torch can lol. Does that make him weaker than Torch?

False equivalence, neither Johnny nor Bobby are durable - they just have specific powers. Thor and Ultron actually have durability which can be compared. Although Pymtron wrecked the Hulkbuster anyways.

The other Hulkbusters here are ther Argonaut Hulkbuster, "Hulked-out" Endo-sym, and Model Prime Hulkbuster. Endo-sym scales over the other the strongest known Hulkbuster(World War Hulkbuster) by feats while the argonaut would be the strongest by implied power. That's why it felt unnecessary to make it a composite Hulkbuster.

I guess the Endo-Sym Hulkbuster scaling is fair.

The asgardian crystal gave Thorbuster the majority of its power with it's own Odinforce. It was basically like if Iron Man(Thorbuster) gave Thor(King Thor) a good fight but eventually got overwhelmed by his lightning(Odinforce) and physical strikes. Even so, Thorbuster could still get power from Mjolnir here.

Nah, the asgardian crystal absorbed power from the actual Odinforce that Thor was using. Furthermore, Mjolnir doesn't have Odinforce. It has the Worthy enchantment from Odin, but not actual Odinforce.

I think his Satellites also vaporized an Ultimo that was no-selling Thor's blows.

Scans?

Bleeding edge is quite literally extremis 2.0 and it was shown to be such. It's literally one of the most direct armors that could be scaled off of here.

Scale Bleeding Edge off of what? Why does it need scaling when it has better feats than any other armors?

The nano Iron Men had multiplied inside of Fin Fang Foom and killed off the virus controlling him. I'm sure they could be used as some type of distraction at least.

Yeah, IDK how killing off a virus is going to do anything to Thor. Also, didn't Tony need help from that random scientist to control the nano Iron Men?

Holograms and camouflaging will make things difficult for Thor, and likely even give Tony the opportunity to come up with a plan.

Thor has AoE attacks...

I'm pretty sure Magneto has one of the most powerful shields in Marvel so the fact that Iron Man not only could burst them, not only hold his own, but actually punched a self-amped Magneto with enough force to BFR him is in impressive. That ability increases his physical strength and durability.

Magneto's durability is extremely inconsistent unless it's explicitly shown that he's using his shields like this. I don't think that was shown in that comic.

I was referring to the time Iron Man put his-self into a coma while greatly increasing his striking power by disabling his safety protocols to knock out Mindless Hulk when I said striking power. It seems like it would be a last resort kind of thing though.

IDK if that would be enough to take out Thor, though he would definitely be pretty badly hurt. Thor and Hulk are a lot more powerful nowadays than they were back in the Bronze Age.

All of the armors are powerful enough to Thor to make a big difference with stacked stats and power. It's not like it'll take you 100 Bleeding edge or Endo-sym Iron Men to get to Thor's level for example. By feats it would likely only take 2. Plus if they were all individually on Thor's level then it would obviously a stomp in favor of Tony.

What... It would probably take like at least 100 of those armors to get to Thor's level. At the end of the day, without relying on a bunch of inconsistent scaling, Iron Man's best durability and damage output feats are firmly around mountain to country level at best. That's where writers intend for his armors to be. On the other hand, Thor consistently has planetary level durability and damage output in terms of actual, quantifiable feats. That is far above anything Tony has shown.

I was just saying it could be an option. Tony's travel speed actually isn't too far off considering what he's done and who he's kept up with. Thor is obviously faster with dimensional travel but Tony wouldn't be far behind with warp speed and both speeds would be far too fast for just traveling to Sols hammer.

Tony does have the occasional good travel speed feats, but they're much rarer than Thor's speed feats. They also usually rely on scaling, while Thor has a lot more quantifiable FTL speed feats. I would say Thor can fly a lot faster than Tony.

Tony was right above the Dyson Sphere when the destruction happened(his ship gets destroyed because of this) and he literally was shown to be inside the blast not caring. It was like a more insane version of the time Extremis tanked 5 nukes.

I think you're talking about this, and I don't see any explosion or anything. It looks like the Dyson sphere just fell apart and Tony flew out of the wreckage. I don't think that's a feat.

The Genetic disruptor should partially work at least. Thor might still have his powers but his natural stats would be taken. Then again if we factor in Donald Blake it would be more complicated.

I don't think so. Tony tried to clone Thor and Ragnarok was nowhere near the same level as Thor. Thor is an inherently magical character, with the blood of a Skyfather and an Elder God. There's also the fact that even when depowered as Donald Blake, he's still able to have the full powers of Thor by touching Mjolnir. So I doubt a genetic disrupter would work on Thor.

You kind of do have a point but everything else was shown in the link I gave so I decided to use a new fight. If you actually look at Hulk's expressions you'll see he wasn't laughing off the blows and the fight ended with Hulk getting blasted away. Hulk broke Tony's armor with one attack and a squeeze but it's a lot less impressive for Hulk when you look at the context. Iron Man was low on power while Hulk had gained power and basically said he was angrier than ever. Iron Man was basically combatblitzing Hulk the whole fight..I already addressed why I don't need to specifically composite the classic armors. You can still have these fights since you're not satisfied with that one

Those fights are better, but Tony still doesn't really put a scratch on Hulk in either of those. He just keeps Hulk off balance with his superior speed.

It's not based on assumption when there's been actual evidence and direct comparisons. Nobody is going to believe that Bleeding edge and Endo-sym are weaker than Extremis(literally the older version of Bleeding edge and even without that Bleeding edge has better feats between the two) and the classic armors(literally shown to be weaker than Endo-sym; literally outperformed by Extremis).

No one would believe that because Bleeding Edge has better feats than those armors, as does Extremis and Endo-Sym. I would certainly say the classic armors are better than Model prime, Model 42, current armors, etc.

I feel like those feats kind of debunk all the statements about Iron Man not having the damage output to put down Hulk/Thor(Bleeding edge alone did well against both of them).

He's only put down Hulk one time back when Hulk was weaker and it nearly killed him to do that. I would say none of Tony's armors have the output to put down Hulk/Thor.

Fair enough on Absorbing Man though, to be fair Iron Man is pretty far away from street level(outside of MCU and Avengers Assemble where he's portrayed closer to Captain America level).

Tony isn't street level, that's why putting down Absorbing Man isn't impressive for him.

I actually did forget Tony had access to the negative zone. He should be able to defeat most opponents with a device to BFR people there.

So you're the OP, would you say BFR is allowed for a win? In that case, Tony wins or gets stalemated in the prep rounds (if Thor can summon planetary lightning to kill Tony before he's teleported away).

@blackspidey2099: Well Thor had his powers before he became worthy, so I don't think there's an immense connection with Mjolnir or magic. Even if it only partially depowered him I think it could make a difference. I don't see what makes Unworthy Thor that different from Ares. Even if he could only reduce Thor's physical stats, but not stop his lightning manipulation, he's got satellites for that too. Also, as much of a meme as his Hulk-Buster's are, the one he used in World War Hulk was actually really impressive and I'd argue that it could do really well against unworthy Thor. It's definitely capable of KO'ing him.

Yeah, but Donald Blake and Jane Foster and all of those people get Thor's powers from touching Mjolnir. The genetic disruptor can't make Thor unworthy. In terms of Unworthy Thor, I guess it could possibly reduce Thor's physical stats. IIRC, the weather manipulation satellites stopped Thor from controlling the weather on Earth, not from being able to generate his own lightning which he can also do.

As for the WWHbuster, I've used that feat before but a lot of Hulk debaters say Hulk was holding back against Tony (and everyone else except for Sentry) so you can't fully scale it's durability or striking force to WWH. I'm not too clear on that point myself though. Either way, I don't think the WWHbuster actually did any damage to Hulk, though it did take a solid few hits until Hulk dropped Avengers Tower on it. The only way it could put down Thor is if we used that scan as a way to scale its striking power as equal to WWH, but, like I said, I think that might be questionable.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: without prep he gets destroyed, but given some things tony done with prep, if he really sat and prepped on thor, it be nasty man. However I wonder if it work, Odin and Heimdall are always watching so,goodluck tony

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Noone1996

@blackspidey2099

Yeah, but Donald Blake and Jane Foster and all of those people get Thor's powers from touching Mjolnir. The genetic disruptor can't make Thor unworthy. In terms of Unworthy Thor, I guess it could possibly reduce Thor's physical stats. IIRC, the weather manipulation satellites stopped Thor from controlling the weather on Earth, not from being able to generate his own lightning which he can also do

I'm not going to argue about whether or not he would affect worthy Thor. The OP says unworthy Thor and he doesn't get his powers from Mjolnir. He might still retain control of lightning since that's mystical, but I see no reason why his stats wouldn't be reduced and get fodderized like it did to Ares:

No Caption Provided

The guy couldn't even stand.

Thor could blast or generate lightning from his body, but he wouldn't be able to summon it from the skies or use any of the other weather against Stark. The weather satellites proved that when they are in effect his control over the weather on Earth goes away. Otherwise he'd use his own generated weather to cancel out the satellite generated ones. These weather attacks would probably distract him too since he'd get confused and would stubbornly attempt to keep trying to control it or make it stop. Especially since Tony could send tornadoes, hurricanes, lightning, etc. in Thor's direction.

As for the WWHbuster, I've used that feat before but a lot of Hulk debaters say Hulk was holding back against Tony (and everyone else except for Sentry) so you can't fully scale it's durability or striking force to WWH. I'm not too clear on that point myself though. Either way, I don't think the WWHbuster actually did any damage to Hulk, though it did take a solid few hits until Hulk dropped Avengers Tower on it. The only way it could put down Thor is if we used that scan as a way to scale its striking power as equal to WWH, but, like I said, I think that might be questionable.

Yes the Hulk fanboys really love to remind everyone that Banner held back in that story, but he also held back against Doc Samson, Hercules, Thing, She-Hulk, Skrullbolt, etc., yet he fodderized all of them all the same. In some cases, with one hit. The Hulk-Buster cancelling out a holding back WWH's punch is impressive because punches like that were powerful enough to bloody/bruise Hercules in 2-3 hits. Hercules has similar durability as Thor.

As for the World War Hulk-Buster not doing any damage, I think it actually did a lot more in other comics as retellings of Pak's writing. After Tony punches him through buildings and across the city, we actually see the guy reeling, bleeding, and saying "hnh" as he lays there and recovers.

Punches like these, in my opinion, are more than capable of eventually KO'ing Thor. World War Hulk was much more durable than Thor.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor being one of the most durable people in marvel(barring like abstracts and above) makes this hard for Tony, round 1 I’m not too sure. Thor holding back on his friend would make this difficult. Round 2 Thor has a better chance while worthy(he fought Gorr and they were destroying celestial bodies in their fight with shockwaves) he should take it. A bloodlusted Thor kills Tony way too quickly though.