Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Iron Man VS The Man of Steel

Iron Man is Tony Stark

Superman is Kal-El

First scenario: Tony Stark gets 1 year of prep and so does The Kryptonian

Second scenario: Tony Stark gets 10 years of prep and so does The Last Son of Krypton

Third scenario: Tony Stark gets 1 year of prep but The Big Blue Boy Scout does not

Fourth scenario: Tony Stark gets 10 years of prep but Superman does not

What happens in each scenario?

What happens if both fighters are bloodlusted for each of these scenarios?

What happens if both fighters are in character for each of these scenarios?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Iron Man stomps with prep.

Carlator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Carlator1

Ironman can't win unless he is aware of kryptonite. But because kryptonite does not exist in the marvle mulitverse how would he get it. But if he is some how aware of it and gets some it will only help him in the third and fourth fights. In the first and second fights bloodlusted or in charactor sups is using his prep time to sun dip and become immune to kryptonite. Iron man standals zero chance in the first two fights. Now for the third and fourth fights. Assuming that Iron man knows that kryptonite exist he could with prep completely catch sups unprepared and defete him. But with the third and fourth fights blood lusted superman would most likely speed blitz with his speed that is many times ftl and destroy Iron man. I mean this is current superman bc you did not say specifically. In conclusion superman wins rounds 1 and 2 incharactor and blood lusted rounds 3 and 4 only if bloodlusted while ironman could win rounds 2 and 3 in charactor.

Carlator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Carlator1
APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Depends? Do the fighters have access to knowledge of the other fighters? Do they know their opponents are also getting prep? Does kryptonite exist in the universe where iron Man is prepping?

Assuming yes to all, Superman wins if they are bloodlusted, and iron Man wins if they are in character. An in character superman will likely create a suit to nullify the effect of kryptonite and red sun exposure, and will simulate solar radiation from inside. He may spend some time in sun before the fight, and Iron Man will likely prepare killshots. Superman will come close to taking out Tony like he's done to lex millions of times, but will soon realize that Tony is not Lex, and has accounted for that already and has backup ready to take him out.

Carlator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Iron man stomps the rounds where Tony has prep and Superman doesn't. As for the round about both having prep I'm not sure. Superman does have a lot of tech in his Fortress of Solitude and has access to things like the Phantom Zone, so not sure.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironman can't win unless he is aware of kryptonite. But because kryptonite does not exist in the marvle mulitverse how would he get it. But if he is some how aware of it and gets some it will only help him in the third and fourth fights. In the first and second fights bloodlusted or in charactor sups is using his prep time to sun dip and become immune to kryptonite. Iron man standals zero chance in the first two fights. Now for the third and fourth fights. Assuming that Iron man knows that kryptonite exist he could with prep completely catch sups unprepared and defete him. But with the third and fourth fights blood lusted superman would most likely speed blitz with his speed that is many times ftl and destroy Iron man. I mean this is current superman bc you did not say specifically. In conclusion superman wins rounds 1 and 2 incharactor and blood lusted rounds 3 and 4 only if bloodlusted while ironman could win rounds 2 and 3 in charactor.

Thank you for your answer. By the way good luck in the New Year and I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. I'm allowing all canon versions of Kal-El Superman and all canon versions of Tony Stark Iron Man, so I think even Silver Age Superman is allowed. I'm not an expert on either character but I don't think Thought Robot Superman will be allowed right? Would Superman Prime 1 Million be allowed? Basically, canon Tony Stark vs canon Kal-El, I don't want to complicate things :-)

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for your answers guys, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Personally I'm suffering from depression because my life sucks at the moment and I can't see light at the end of the tunnel but it is always good to have company with nice people like you all. My depression doesn't have anything to do with the Coronavirus Pandemic, it's just lousy personal stuff :-)

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carlator1: Iron Man built a genetic disrupter which acted as a power drainer. It worked on Sentry, Ares, Ms. Marvel, Moonstone, Venom, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, the Winter Soldier, Hawkeye and Bullseye. That should work on Clark just fine.

Carlator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure of he can target a sundipped supes moving faster than he can see or think

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see if my post gets eaten a third time

If knowledge is part of prep, red sunlight is an option to possibly exploit. If cheating is allowed with prep, magic could be problematic.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Superman curbstomps all rounds. If they both have knowledge on each other, Clark speedblitzes Tony before he can even use any weapons he's made. If not, Tony can't even do anything against Superman without exploiting weaknesses, so Clark curbs again.

Tony could win if he has knowledge on Superman while Clark is oblivious. Then it's likely Clark wouldn't utilize his speed at first, giving Tony the opportunity to use something like the dark neutrinos (or whatever they were called) he used to depower Hyperion.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: even the round where Iron Man has ten YEARS of one sided prep???

Comic2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman created a time machine and used it to travel 1 hour to the past a thousand times, there being 1000 superman at the same time. he also has the miracle machine, I think he never said he would forget the machine by wearing a few suns he became multiversal.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By blackspidey2099

@tifalockhart said:

@blackspidey2099: even the round where Iron Man has ten YEARS of one sided prep???

I mean, he hasn't ever made anything that would beat Superman. The closest would be Stark Sentinels but those are way too slow to trap Clark. I also don't think the genetic disruptor ever worked on anyone as powerful as Clark, so while you could argue that would work, it's a bit of an NLF (plus, it's too slow to work on Superman if he's aware of the fight). Saying Tony could win when he has never made anything that would give him the win is basically just writing fanfiction.

I did say Tony could win if he had information on Superman's weaknesses and if Superman didn't know anything about Iron Man or this fight, so I kinda agreed with you there. The sterile neutrinos he used on Hyperion would be perfect to depower Clark.

Tony has never used magic AFAIK so that shouldn't be a factor.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TifaLockhart

The Thorbuster was magic. Granted it is cheating so I'm not sure it is allowed. But prep could mean intel. It's up to the OP. Nothing in it currently suggests Superman gets any intel in round four. @blackspidey2099:

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thorbuster was magic. Granted it is cheating so I'm not sure it is allowed. But prep could mean intel. It's up to the OP. Nothing in it currently suggests Superman gets any intel in round four. @blackspidey2099:

The Thorbuster's magic was all supplied by Thor's asgardian crystal though. Tony hasn't used magic on his own capacity, and wouldn't do so in character IMO.

The OP wasn't too clear on that aspect, so I gave my opinion for either possibility.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Carlator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually ironmans screwed bc op said all cannon superman which includes strange visited superman who is a 5d imp like Mr. Mxy. Ironmand gets blinked away in all rounds by him.

WorldsGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rhodey solos

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carlator1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Carlator1

@tifalockhart: I guess you forgot to read the comments. Guy comes back to clarify all cannon versions of ironman and superman

Avatar image for deactivated-60ecdb28037bb
deactivated-60ecdb28037bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins every single round. Supes just moves before Tony reacts.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rajjarsalt
No Caption Provided

Iron Man > Batman per Bruce's own admission and speed was never an issue. Batman: Hush suggests that Clark wouldn't even use his speed if it were to become one, so Tony could probably just get out of the suit and beat him down with Kryptonite gloves.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This idea that Tony can’t get around speed is preposterous. As if he’s never dealt with speedsters before in his universe. He can easily trick Superman into blitzing empty suits while he controls them from a distance.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By ProfessorRespect

The problem with IM prep is that he can focus all of his time in building a singular Buster suit rather than going for alternative options, and these Buster suits barely work in the field. He'd probably win if Clark's in character because he'd get one too many chances to drop him.

Comic2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only reason that iron man, batman, lex, etc plans work is by script, or someone really thinks that superman does not know that lex or batman use kryptonite. Preparing a character in a vs is basically writing a fanfic, because an iron man fan can tell you that he creates multiversal level armor, but I can tell you that it will focus on kryptonite and superman will put on an antikryptonite suit.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rajjarsalt

@comic2020: Last time that got featured, Superman got his suit damaged and rekt by Aquaman

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ProfessorRespect
SteelMan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man stomps all rounds

dorukesin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dorukesin1

Idk what prep can change there Since Tony will be frozen in Clark’s perspective

In every round ,Clark pulls out the spine of Tony lol

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman stomps

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007 said:

Superman wins.

With?

The Miracle Machine which he can build at any time he wants. Kryptonian technology and resources is also greater than what Tony has. On top of that, he's a statue to Clark.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@bayman007 said:

Superman wins.

With?

The Miracle Machine which he can build at any time he wants. Kryptonian technology and resources is also greater than what Tony has. On top of that, he's a statue to Clark.

Well Clark hasn't been able to make the Miracle Machine since he needed it away back in Final Crisis, and even Clark considered it too dangerous to be abused considering even the smallest of rogue thoughts could cause untold destruction. It's definitely not something he'd pull out here. Kryptonian tech MIGHT be better but Clark isn't really much of a prep tech kind of guy, and prep is reliant not just on the tech you have, but also how you use it, how you figure it into your plans, and how it ultimately gets deployed in the field. Reed Richards might be one of the best tech prep guys around but he's gotten outprepped by far inferior forces because they had a better plan.

Statue-Force memes are funny and all but we all know that's not how his powers work when he's in actual combat. Bullrushing and blitzing are not the same thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman rips Iron Man in half.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With a year of prep?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

@darthsuper said:

With a year of prep?

That prep doesn't help Lex Luthor.

Since when does Lex have a whole year to prep for Sups without having to worry about other commitments and foes?

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bayman007

Superman all day. Tony gets ripped to shreds