• 84 results
#51 Edited by Adriusus (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, is these comic versions or MCU versions?

#52 Posted by sinikettu (2352 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: I'm talking about what Stark is able to do physically without his suit, here. Not what he can actually achieve if given time and resources.

Considering how the whole GOTG team were demoted from B5 to Blake's 7 under Bendis, its no major surprise that IM has had more impressive in-panel feats over the last 4 years.

#53 Posted by Noone1996 (4739 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinikettu: Just seems a bit irrelevant for the OP. He has both his armor and 24 hours of prep with resources.

More like over the last couple decades...

#54 Posted by sinikettu (2352 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: I honestly can't remember anything particularly remarkable from IM before 2008 or so when the movie came out which greatly boosted his importance, after that the writers -dare I say, wanked him pretty hard for awhile. While not unimportant during the 80's and 90's he most certainly wasn't the powerhouse he is now.

Then again IM & Avengers never were my favorites during those years so I may have missed quite a bit from IM's best showings and as such have somewhat biased view.

Avatar image for sistergrimm2099
#55 Posted by SisterGrimm2099 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords said:

Iron Man wins with some problems. RR has access to whatever prep the Guardians can provide, but simply doesn't have the resources Stark does. Starks armor has gone through worse than what RR can chuck at him. Stark 8/10.

@jashro44 lock this

#56 Posted by Noone1996 (4739 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinikettu: Some of his highest showings were before the Iron Man movie even came out.

#57 Posted by cokirules (54 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching GoTGvol2 i really think Rocket has a chance
if you give him prep

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#58 Edited by HeirToTheKingdom (8057 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket Raccoon.

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
#59 Posted by bowlt_swagg_320 (1003 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

#60 Posted by CaptFalcon725 (476 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man in a solid majority. He works at least a little bit every time.

#61 Posted by Wewlad80 (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman gets stomped. Hawkeyes Arrows penetrated his suit.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#62 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (7144 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80: Hawkeye arrows hurt Vision twice yet no one would say he'd lose to Rocket.

#63 Posted by Wewlad80 (2121 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (7144 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80: yet you didn't consider that he has some arrows that specifically counters Stark's armour. Hell I got a better question, does he have arrows that would damage Rocket?

#65 Posted by Wewlad80 (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80: yet you didn't consider that he has some arrows that specifically counters Stark's armour.

Bullshit excuse tbh as it was never stated.

#66 Posted by Noone1996 (4739 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80: when did his arrows penetrate his suit?

#67 Posted by Noone1996 (4739 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man still stomps. I know everybody likes the underdog story, but there isn't anything that Rocket could come up with that Tony couldn't dodge, tank, absorb, or counter.

#68 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (7144 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80: it doesn't have to be mentioned, you just use common sense. What IM armour consistently deals with means that arrow shouldn't be able to pierce his suit. And you didn't answer the question.

#69 Edited by Wewlad80 (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness said:

@wewlad80: it doesn't have to be mentioned, you just use common sense. What IM armour consistently deals with means that arrow shouldn't be able to pierce his suit. And you didn't answer the question.

Common sense

Fiction

Pick one

Still no proof at all that the arrow was any different

#70 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (7144 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80: answer my question first. Does Hawkeye have arrows that would harm Rocket?

#71 Edited by Wewlad80 (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness said:

@wewlad80: answer my question first. Does Hawkeye have arrows that would harm Rocket?

Ask Hawkeye

On a serious Note, Why ? Does Current Ironmans lack of Durability have an effect on Rocket ?

#72 Posted by Wewlad80 (2121 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by Noone1996 (4739 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by Wewlad80 (2121 posts) - - Show Bio
#75 Posted by Noone1996 (4739 posts) - - Show Bio

@wewlad80: Yeah, it is comic versions. Also, sticking an arrow to the outside of his armor isn't exactly penetrating.

#76 Posted by ILostTheKey (949 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Rocket might be smarter, but Tony has access to better tech readily available

#77 Posted by FlashKnight (629 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket wins and takes Iron Man's leg.

#78 Posted by SilenceDogood (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Toooony. He may not be as smart, but in a battle he's got this.

#79 Edited by Spambot (7283 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man still stomps. I know everybody likes the underdog story, but there isn't anything that Rocket could come up with that Tony couldn't dodge, tank, absorb, or counter.

Are you saying that Iron man's suits can tank a blast that could ko/paralyze a semi weakened Thanos when only turned up to 1/4 power? Thanos didn't even argue with Rocket when he threatened him with it. That was during Thanos Imperative and that was just a suit with a cannon attached that Rocket had lying around on the Guardian's ship.

#80 Posted by Noone1996 (4739 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: IIRC, that was just a statement. He could have been bluffing when he said that to Thanos. Not only that, but Iron Man is much faster than Rocket and could not only scan how powerful a weapon is, but then dodge it if need be after assessing its threat level.

#81 Posted by EmpressOfDread (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man wins.

#82 Edited by Spambot (7283 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: ya but the way its written I really don't think he was bluffing and Thanos seemed to prob know what the tech was he had pointed at him or else wouldn't have backed down. In close quarters I'm not sure he could dodge it either. Then there's also the anti matter grenade they had lieing around also which was able to disintegrate Thanos. What I'm saying is simply that Rocket does have access to tech that could vaporize Iron Man on very short notice much less 24 hrs and its arguable that if Rocket knows who he is up against he couldn't figure out a way to hit Tony with it. Far from a given that Tony wins here imo.

#83 Edited by Noone1996 (4739 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: The way that it's written we also never actually see Rocket ever use this weapon. At all. So until further notice, it's featless. Was the anti-matter grenade Rocket's tech? I could have sworn it was Drax's. It's true that Rocket can get his hands on some good technology, but the fact that Iron Man can disarm (via magnetism), incapacitate (via EMP), dodge (via speed/flight), and possibly tank (via force-fields) anything Rocket decides to use, I think that makes this a pretty uneven match-up. Is it impossible for Rocket to hurt or even defeat Tony? No one is saying that it is, but I just don't see that happening a majority (or even a minority) of times.

#84 Posted by Spambot (7283 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Well if you want to call the phasic cannon featless be my guest but imo its definitely something Rocket has access to that is capable of putting Thanos level beings down. Also, given that Rocket is the tech junkie of the Guardians it seems more than likely that Drax borrowed the grenade from Rocket to use on Thanos. Borrowed as in just took it and since it was in the ship it seems more than likely that Rocket knows about them and could get more of them if he wanted to.