who wins?

#2 Posted by Psi-Fire (974 posts) - - Show Bio

Who knows????

#3 Posted by Espada (1816 posts) - - Show Bio

What armor does Iron Man have?

#4 Posted by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio

Hammond

#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5506 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to say Iron Man if he's wearing any armor from the past 20 years.

#6 Posted by Espada (1816 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is current IM, I give it to him.

#7 Edited by namorsubby (251 posts) - - Show Bio

hasn't current IM reverted back to his original armor? Hammond once fried him in that suit..............speaking of IM suits, I've never seen any specific statement concerning just how much stronger IM's modern armor is from his classic, if at all.

#8 Posted by Espada (1816 posts) - - Show Bio

Current IM has taken much bigger beatings and has a higher strength and energy output.

#9 Posted by namorsubby (251 posts) - - Show Bio

he is in his classic suit though, right? because I just saw namor rough him up in it in his lastest comic appearance, Invincible IM #12.

Hammond and Stark have battled before, and hammond did well(he killed him)........but honestly I don't see that as a true indication of how this battle would go. Stark was blindsided by hammond. I do however considering it can deal IM major damage with his flame.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/namorsubby/original%20human%20torch/Avengers132-14.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/namorsubby/original%20human%20torch/Avengers132-15.jpg

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
#10 Posted by Alexander Anderson (4306 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't Hammond just set Tony on fire inside the armor, bypassing his defenses?  I remember him doing something similar to Sentry, burning him from the inside out.

#11 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio
namorsubby said:
"hasn't current IM reverted back to his original armor? Hammond once fried him in that suit..............speaking of IM suits, I've never seen any specific statement concerning just how much stronger IM's modern armor is from his classic, if at all."
Classic Red and Gold was said to amplify the wearers strength by 50 times. That does not add up mich beyond say 10 tonnes at most.
he could dramtically boost this by absorbing and directing a huge amount of energy in to his strength servo motors (like he could do the same with his repulsors). This would anable him to reach the Class100 catagory of strength.
The most current details of his last Extremis armour indicated that he could lift 100 tonnes baseline. As the armour rarely if ever gets weaker, his current non-extremis armour is likely around the same level.

As for this battle it all depends upon IM's ability to absorb and channel energy. He can absorb many different forms of energy, which includes heat energy.
He is capable of absorbing a lightning bolt but Hammond's nova flame and nova blast has a greater energy level and as such might be beyond IM's ability to absorb.
#12 Posted by namorsubby (251 posts) - - Show Bio
Alexander Anderson said:
"Couldn't Hammond just set Tony on fire inside the armor, bypassing his defenses?  I remember him doing something similar to Sentry, burning him from the inside out."

he does have pyrokynesis....and has made flame appear on an opponent without firing it at them(mainly in the new invaders series), but I've never seen him do anything similar to that.....besides boiling the liquids on the inside of a human through hand contact
#13 Posted by Yaujtapool (7929 posts) - - Show Bio

If Ironman is using his current armor he would most likely lose . Namor was tearing it up .

#14 Posted by namorsubby (251 posts) - - Show Bio

bump