#151 Edited by KrleAvenger (26251 posts) - - Show Bio

@comic_bruh777: Celestials use Tech as well. Is it PIS because They are Gods?

Claiming something is PIS without an explanation is not an argument but complaining.

#152 Edited by Tantani (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

@thearchon: the op never mention if he has or doesn't have knoledge about them

if he don't have knowledge this whole debate is idiotic and useless since all he can do with that is making suits with high firepower and speed and make things to counter what he know from his universe.... it doesn't make sense if he has prep but no knoledge, it is almost useless

@talestoastonish what knoledge he get?

#153 Posted by AdamAmeen (988 posts) - - Show Bio

@thearchon:

Giving Tony 1 year of prep- that is over kill.

What are you talking about "looking at your profile" ?

#154 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

IM has picosecond reactions, just so everybody knows.

No he doesn't.

Let's see some proof. This seems to be one of those fan made calculations just like the meteor.

If you have good proof, provide it so we can see it.

Btw, in the time it takes for his shield to actually come up, he would have already been blitzed by superman. That's how fast light speed is. Superman would blitz him before he can even react or even get the shields running.

Again if you have proof that he can react to a 1/10 light speed blitz we'd love to see it.

Right now you have a statement which is no different than any other statement like "Spiderman is a light speed blitzer, just so everybody knows"

#155 Edited by AdamAmeen (988 posts) - - Show Bio

@thearchon:

Either u don't know anything about ironman or ur an ironman hater

#156 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest said:

@thearchon: Not only that, the 'shield' he's using there, tanked a featless blast. That ultron blast didn't kill or harm anybody, so stark using shields to tank it doesn't prove anything, lol..at this point we don't even know if that shield is capable of tanking superman's heat vision

and you're right regarding sentinels, superman/flash can tear them apart at the joints from the outside, literally just light speed blitz them and vaporize them that way, or phase through em, take em apart from the inside, or just fire heat vision at their weak spots destroying them that way. there's a lot of ways for them to take the sentinels down. the sentinels outer armor has good blunt force durability and decent heat durability but both heat vision/blunt force if applied at the correct locations i.e. the joint areas or inside the suits, as well as other areas, will take them apart.

As I mentioned people underestimate how fast light speed is, it's fast enough that flash and superman could take out an entire army of stark's suits in seconds. Superman alone is literally capable of ending this fight in seconds using his speed/durability alone.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Barry could phase through them and make them explode from the inside in that case. The adamantium case would be fine but the inside would be melted.

Concerning the shield, has anyone every tried to phase through it?

And again, without knowing who he is fighting, Hal Jordan's new version solo.

Adamantium hasn't demonstrated showing country level durability at this point.

Final form ultron tanked an attack that was country/mid country busting at best, he also used shields to defend from the attack, and he is made out of captain america's shield material, which is far more durable than regular primary adamantium.

Flash could easily phase through them but they wouldn't need to, Superman can literally vaporize them by blitzing through them at light speed, which imo looks much more visually spectacular than phasing through them.

Both that shield and ultron's blast have very limited feats. It can be phased through since his best shields from the best suits are about state level iirc.

#157 Posted by TheArchon (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

@thearchon:

Either u don't know anything about ironman or ur an ironman hater

Says the guy who's entire profile and old posts is all about defending Marvel... well done.

#158 Posted by TheArchon (1115 posts) - - Show Bio
@tantani said:

@thearchon: the op never mention if he has or doesn't have knoledge about them

if he don't have knowledge this whole debate is idiotic and useless since all he can do with that is making suits with high firepower and speed and make things to counter what he know from his universe.... it doesn't make sense if he has prep but no knoledge, it is almost useless

@talestoastonish what knoledge he get?

If the OP doesn't mention any knowledge, then he doesn't have any knowledge at all. That's why someone brought up those Adamantium suits.

#159 Posted by Ganstaz003 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest: You've pretty much hit the nail in the coffin. IMO, it should end the thread there!

#160 Edited by Ganstaz003 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

IM has picosecond reactions, just so everybody knows.

That's really no surprise. It's more his computer processing speed than his own reaction speed though. I don't think Tony Stark himself is that fast mentally. However, his computers definitely augment his brain's processing speed.

#161 Posted by Ganstaz003 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

@tantani said:

@ganstaz003: both brainiac and darkside have advanced tech, but they aren't prep themselves specifically against the jla to my knowledge

Ironman can prep weapons specifically against his enemy

Brainiac has had good showings against Superman in the past. His tech has held up to Superman's attack defensively whilst his tech was also able to hurt Superman offensively. The same can be said of Darkseid!

On the other hand, Iron man, even with extremely long prep time, he is still unable to defeat Hulk without external help.

So yes, Iron man is outclassed in terms of tech and prep by both Brainaic and Darkseid by astronomical margins.

#162 Posted by Ganstaz003 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

@rishardj said:

Ugh. Ironman, what a boring character. Whatever he cant defeat the writers just give him prep and he creates something stupid that wins. <yawn>

I won't say he is a 'boring' character. Instead, I'd call him 'overrated' on occasions. Sometimes Iron Man can be 'overrated'. Other times, he can be EXTREMELY 'overrated'!

Iron Man is written as a character who is an advocate of using science, engineering and technology to improve human capabilities (mental and physical). Iron man is one of the more realistically grounded comic characters in terms of realistic logic and science. He is undoubtedly very intelligent and has used his intellect to overcome human limitations by a significant margin. However, he isn't written to be a character that can do anything / everything or beat anyone / everyone with prep time. He is written to be someone more powerful than a normal, un-amplified human (which he is). He becomes overrated when fanatics start making him appear more powerful than he actually is. Sometimes those fanatics apply unrealistic expectations to Iron Man, thinking he'll be able to defeat characters that are far more powerful than him with prep time. Iron Man to my knowledge has not been written to be like that. Not only does he become overrated when that happens, it also leads to Iron Man's purpose as a character being lost.

It is as if those people aren't happy as it is that Iron Man is already powerful and capable enough as a superhuman, capable of performing superhuman activities. It's as if they need to keep falsely making him appear more powerful than he really is written to be. As an Iron Man fan, I'm happy for him to be a planetary level trans-human. There's no need to make him appear at a high tier level like Thor for example. It won't make him any better as a character.

Another important thing is that Iron man likely represents the future of humans in the real world. Chances are, if we as humans are going to improve, enhance and amplify our current mental and physical abilities, it is most likely going to be from the use of technology. So we should be inspired by characters like Iron Man instead of finding characters like that boring as one day, it's very likely that humankind will be using very similar technology of Iron Man in the future. Chances are, humans will never have superpowers like Superman, Thor, Flash and etc. However, it's extremely likely that we may have superpowers that are similar to Iron Man's (based on the rate that technology is improving in the real world).

#163 Posted by TheArchon (1115 posts) - - Show Bio
@rishardj said:

Ugh. Ironman, what a boring character. Whatever he cant defeat the writers just give him prep and he creates something stupid that wins. <yawn>

I won't say he is a 'boring' character. Instead, I'd call him 'overrated' on occasions. Sometimes Iron Man can be 'overrated'. Other times, he can be EXTREMELY 'overrated'!

Iron Man is written as a character who is an advocate of using science, engineering and technology to improve human capabilities (mental and physical). Iron man is one of the more realistically grounded comic characters in terms of realistic logic and science. He is undoubtedly very intelligent and has used his intellect to overcome human limitations by a significant margin. However, he isn't written to be a character that can do anything / everything or beat anyone / everyone with prep time. He is written to be someone more powerful than a normal, un-amplified human (which he is). He becomes overrated when fanatics start making him appear more powerful than he actually is. Sometimes those fanatics apply unrealistic expectations to Iron Man, thinking he'll be able to defeat characters that are far more powerful than him with prep time. Iron Man to my knowledge has not been written to be like that. Not only does he become overrated when that happens, it also leads to Iron Man's purpose as a character being lost.

It is as if those people aren't happy as it is that Iron Man is already powerful and capable enough as a superhuman, capable of performing superhuman activities. It's as if they need to keep falsely making him appear more powerful than he really is written to be. As an Iron Man fan, I'm happy for him to be a planetary level trans-human. There's no need to make him appear at a high tier level like Thor for example. It won't make him any better as a character.

Another important thing is that Iron man likely represents the future of humans in the real world. Chances are, if we as humans are going to improve, enhance and amplify our current mental and physical abilities, it is most likely going to be from the use of technology. So we should be inspired by characters like Iron Man instead of finding characters like that boring as one day, it's very likely that humankind will be using very similar technology of Iron Man in the future. Chances are, humans will never have superpowers like Superman, Thor, Flash and etc. However, it's extremely likely that we may have superpowers that are similar to Iron Man's (based on the rate that technology is improving in the real world).

Very good post.

#164 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio
#165 Posted by Tantani (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganstaz003: you do remember the fact that unlike this two, ironman doesn't kill, there for he isn't prep to kill them, and he always fight them when they are specially angry (which make hulk stronger and Thor to less hold back/not hold back at all and go for the kill), AMP and something even mind controlled

He fight to make them come to their senses, not to knock them out and yet he hurt and take blows from Thor and hulk and Hyperion etc

#166 Posted by AdamAmeen (988 posts) - - Show Bio

@thearchon:

No I don't always defend marvel.

If anything I'd be more biased to DC as I prefer them overall as a whole to marvel.

#167 Posted by TheArchon (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

@thearchon:

No I don't always defend marvel.

If anything I'd be more biased to DC as I prefer them overall as a whole to marvel.

Yeah right. That's a very funny statement considering that not even once I've seen you defend DC. Your profile is actually proof of that.

#168 Posted by Noone1996 (11466 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Fair enough. I didn't know that about Thor. I was just making a point about how we shouldn't make assumptions if there's nothing to back it up, but you pointed out that there is. Thanks for correcting me.

#169 Edited by Noone1996 (11466 posts) - - Show Bio

@thearchon said:

Again, Citrine might be the ''real deal'' but has it been used on somebody with a strong mind like Hal Jordan? We're not talking about a normal person. Green Lantern's are picked for their ability to overcome great fear. Kyle has withstood TP on multiple occasions. It's like saying that well, you could TP Anti-Monitor simply because he never showed any resistance. That simply doesn't work that way. You want to show me Citrine would work? Show me how it works on somebody near Hal Jordan's powers.

Yes it does work that way. Just because someone is strong that doesn't mean they are immune to everything. That's a no-limits fallacy.

Are you really comparing those guys to Zero Hour Parallax? If you are, there's no point in debating this any further. So you are telling me that, let's say, Rune King Thor has the same vulnerability normal Thor does? Yeah, I highly doubt that. A Green Lantern powered by his ring and another powered by the will Entity Ion don't share the same powers and weaknesses. Same goes for most of all the ''higher'' versions of characters like Hulk/WBH, Kyle/Ion Kyle, etc... Now, I'm not saying Hal is Ion (the entity is dead) but his powers have nothing to do with his mind. To be honest, Iron Man would probably kill himself by messing around Hal Jordan's mind, if he could, because he would lose control of his being and destroy everything on his path. That is pretty much what happened against both Sinestro and Zero Hour Parallax since he doesn't control his newfound powers yet (and probably won't).

Again, NLF. Secondly, he's not using telepathy. Thirdly, we shouldn't assume that RKT can just do everything better than normal Thor can unless there's evidence to back it up. What if he had no feats? If you argued that Batman could beat Iron Man with magnetism or that Cyborg could beat Tony with EMP's, would it hold up if I said, "herp Iron Man's too powerful for that. He has tanked hits from Thor"? No, it wouldn't make sense.

Now, back to the Sentinels. What's to stop both Flash and Superman from phasing inside them and ripping them apart, one by one at superspeed?

Vision and Kitty Pryde were present when they fought the Sentinels and that clearly didn't work, so Stark probably created phasing countermeasures for the sentinels. Here is proof that he can make that type of tech:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Also, adamantium is pretty durable. Not sure how they're "ripping it apart".

And I'm sorry but I'm backing the guy who blew up a planet instantly,

With prep, Tony built a Dyson Sphere which could casually blow up a planet at only 2% power. At 0.008% it could power a moon. Stark has over 600 planet busting device ideas in his files. So saying that you back a guy who could blow up a planet instantly is a bit vague. Who are you rooting for again?

the guy who fought a Sinestro powered Parallax (who had a 1000% charge while being powered by the fear engine, the same device that was giving a charge of 200% to all the Sinestro Corps members) and the same guy who scared Zero Hour Parallax enough to make him run for his life.

So... Are you making the argument that Green Lantern could casually destroy adamantium? Because that's what it would take to destroy his sentinels if you are going to keep riding this whole "herp Hal is so powurful" argument. Just so you know, power doesn't automatically grant you a win.

#170 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony: Fair enough. I didn't know that about Thor. I was just making a point about how we shouldn't make assumptions if there's nothing to back it up, but you pointed out that there is. Thanks for correcting me.

np man.

#171 Posted by Noone1996 (11466 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#172 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganstaz003 said:
@rishardj said:

Very good post.

Absolutely. Well thought out and incredible post here.

@whoisthebest: I agree with that statement

which one

#173 Edited by TheArchon (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996 said:
@thearchon said:

Again, Citrine might be the ''real deal'' but has it been used on somebody with a strong mind like Hal Jordan? We're not talking about a normal person. Green Lantern's are picked for their ability to overcome great fear. Kyle has withstood TP on multiple occasions. It's like saying that well, you could TP Anti-Monitor simply because he never showed any resistance. That simply doesn't work that way. You want to show me Citrine would work? Show me how it works on somebody near Hal Jordan's powers.

Yes it does work that way. Just because someone is strong that doesn't mean they are immune to everything. That's a no-limits fallacy.

I've been asking scans for a while. Where are they? Alright, sure. Since we're going your way, I guess Anti-Monitor could have been TPed because he has never shown any resistance to it. Same can be applied to Living Tribunal too I guess?

Are you really comparing those guys to Zero Hour Parallax? If you are, there's no point in debating this any further. So you are telling me that, let's say, Rune King Thor has the same vulnerability normal Thor does? Yeah, I highly doubt that. A Green Lantern powered by his ring and another powered by the will Entity Ion don't share the same powers and weaknesses. Same goes for most of all the ''higher'' versions of characters like Hulk/WBH, Kyle/Ion Kyle, etc... Now, I'm not saying Hal is Ion (the entity is dead) but his powers have nothing to do with his mind. To be honest, Iron Man would probably kill himself by messing around Hal Jordan's mind, if he could, because he would lose control of his being and destroy everything on his path. That is pretty much what happened against both Sinestro and Zero Hour Parallax since he doesn't control his newfound powers yet (and probably won't).

Again, NLF. Secondly, he's not using telepathy. Thirdly, we shouldn't assume that RKT can just do everything better than normal Thor can unless there's evidence to back it up. What if he had no feats? If you argued that Batman could beat Iron Man with magnetism or that Cyborg could beat Tony with EMP's, would it hold up if I said, "herp Iron Man's too powerful for that. He has tanked hits from Thor"? No, it wouldn't make sense.

And yet, I keep telling you that this version of Hal Jordan doesn't react well when he loses control. Iron Man, if you actually show Citrine working against, you know, someone with at least a mind comparable to Hal Jordan, will just probably end up getting blown up. And yet again, I'll say once again that Iron Man has no knowledge on who is fighting.

Now, back to the Sentinels. What's to stop both Flash and Superman from phasing inside them and ripping them apart, one by one at superspeed?

Vision and Kitty Pryde were present when they fought the Sentinels and that clearly didn't work, so Stark probably created phasing countermeasures for the sentinels. Here is proof that he can make that type of tech:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Also, adamantium is pretty durable. Not sure how they're "ripping it apart".

Dude, you really need to stop making stuff up. I said ripping it apart on the inside. They are robots. Robots have circuitry which is probably not made of Adamantium. For God sake, I've told you before the OP didn't mention any knowledge on their abilities. And if we go by your line of thinking, since they haven't shown any resistance to being phased by people using Super-Speed (which is not the same ''type'' of phasing Kitty and Vision uses, then they aren't invulnerable to it.

And I'm sorry but I'm backing the guy who blew up a planet instantly,

With prep, Tony built a Dyson Sphere which could casually blow up a planet at only 2% power. At 0.008% it could power a moon. Stark has over 600 planet busting device ideas in his files. So saying that you back a guy who could blow up a planet instantly is a bit vague. Who are you rooting for again?

Again, he has no knowledge. You even acknowledged that a couple of replies ago. So how the hell is he supposed to know? And useless since Green Lanterns can shield themselves from a sun going supernova. Hal Jordan has recently shielded Earth (without his power-up) from 250 000 Kryptonians.

the guy who fought a Sinestro powered Parallax (who had a 1000% charge while being powered by the fear engine, the same device that was giving a charge of 200% to all the Sinestro Corps members) and the same guy who scared Zero Hour Parallax enough to make him run for his life.

So... Are you making the argument that Green Lantern could casually destroy adamantium? Because that's what it would take to destroy his sentinels if you are going to keep riding this whole "herp Hal is so powurful" argument. Just so you know, power doesn't automatically grant you a win.

Hey sure. If you honestly believe that Stark could defeat Zero Hour Parallax... that's fine.. even if he has never defeated a guy with that much power.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
#174 Posted by DigitalShooter9 (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

The vine seriously needs an age limit...

#175 Edited by Noone1996 (11466 posts) - - Show Bio

@thearchon said:

I've been asking scans for a while. Where are they? Alright, sure. Since we're going your way, I guess Anti-Monitor could have been TPed because he has never shown any resistance to it. Same can be applied to Living Tribunal too I guess?

I don't see how this is unreasonable. Although, I think it's safer to assume that the Living Tribunal could probably resist it since he's omnipotent and his abilities are based on hax. However, claiming that someone can bust planets or shield against supernovas is absolutely irrelevant.

And yet, I keep telling you that this version of Hal Jordan doesn't react well when he loses control. Iron Man, if you actually show Citrine working against, you know, someone with at least a mind comparable to Hal Jordan, will just probably end up getting blown up. And yet again, I'll say once again that Iron Man has no knowledge on who is fighting.

I know he has no knowledge, but if he did this strategy it would probably work. A citrine neuralizer wouldn't be a form of mental attack. It's supposed to enhance your willpower and imagination, but I imagine that Batman probably built something that could do the opposite. Stark could inject an anti-citrine cocktail into Hal's skin with an adamantium tipped needle (he's done this in the past).

Dude, you really need to stop making stuff up. I said ripping it apart on the inside. They are robots. Robots have circuitry which is probably not made of Adamantium. For God sake, I've told you before the OP didn't mention any knowledge on their abilities. And if we go by your line of thinking, since they haven't shown any resistance to being phased by people using Super-Speed (which is not the same ''type'' of phasing Kitty and Vision uses, then they aren't invulnerable to it.

Again, the phasing characters failed to do that in the hours that this happened, so the sentinels probably had countermeasures for phasing. Not to mention the fact that it's safe to assume the inside is just as durable since the sentinels shrink you and then teleport you inside of the sentinels. All of the heroes were inside the sentinels, yet they couldn't break out or 'rip apart the circuitry on the inside'. Kitty Pryde's powers work the same way as someone with speed phasing. She is able to pass through solid matter by passing her atomic particles through the spaces between the atoms of the object through which she is moving. It's quantum tunneling just like super speed phasing.

Again, he has no knowledge. You even acknowledged that a couple of replies ago. So how the hell is he supposed to know? And useless since Green Lanterns can shield themselves from a sun going supernova. Hal Jordan has recently shielded Earth (without his power-up) from 250 000 Kryptonians.

He had no knowledge of the alien invasion that was occurring on Earth, yet he still used his dyson sphere on them. Ended up killing Annihilus and Gladiator as well as several armada's of spaceships. I'm not saying that Stark will use this or that it will work, but you used pretty broken logic by saying, "I'm backing the one that can bust planets so he wins". I basically responded saying, "Okay? Stark can bust them too with prep."

Hey sure. If you honestly believe that Stark could defeat Zero Hour Parallax... that's fine.. even if he has never defeated a guy with that much power.

Never said anything about Parallax.

Again, is Hal powerful enough to break adamantium? That'd have to put him at Skyfather levels. If he is, I'll concede.

#176 Posted by AdamAmeen (988 posts) - - Show Bio

@thearchon:

If you ask anyone who's seen me on this site before they will tell you straightaway that I defend DC as well as Marvel.

How would u know if I only defend Marvel cause this is the first time ive seen you on this site ?

#177 Posted by comic_bruh777 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoisthebest: at this point, many! lol great posts reguarding Iron Man you are spot on

#178 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio
#179 Posted by Vector_ (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Dc wins because I dont like Iron Man.

#180 Posted by Noone1996 (11466 posts) - - Show Bio

@vector_ said:

Dc wins because I dont like Iron Man.

Outstanding argument.
Outstanding argument.

Although, to be fair, that seems to be the theme in this thread since NO ONEhas really provided much of an argument against adamantium Sentinels.

#181 Edited by Tantani (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: exactly

Although I personally think that this isn't the only way to win here

Batman and Cyborg will be dead in the first few second of the fight

Aquaman will become fish sticks clocked well done

Superman will be depowered and get his ass kicked afterwards

Green lantern.... I always ask it and nobody answer, what is his current weakness?!?! In the past it was pencil number 2 lmao.... idk what it is now

Flash will be locked out by special force filled (like blue beetle did) or whatever vibe do to him

And the tech that tech that depowered ares and sentry (I don't remember the name) will take care of Wonder Woman

And all of that can be done in 6-9 suits with strong healing factor .... of course if Tony has knowledge/allow to research them during the prep time and someone can freaking tell me what is GL weakness currently?!?!

#182 Posted by sinikettu (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: That would be nice if Tony would know how to actually handle and shape Adamantium or even get enough of it in Dc Universe where it doesn't naturally exist and its exceedingly rare even in Marvel universe. Though he could probably substitute it with something else that's DC's analogue to Admantium? Has Stark actually ever really shaped Adamantium in the comics in panel?

#183 Posted by Noone1996 (11466 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinikettu: Considering the fact that he built the adamantium sentinels, I think it's fair to assume that he can shape adamantium.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#184 Posted by blackpantherisb (6951 posts) - - Show Bio

IM can win. Bats does this on much shorter notice no prob I think Tony could pull this off with less than a year of prep. I know that Tony isn't quite Bats when it comes to prep, but they are pretty damn close. Tony not crazy difficulty

#185 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

IM can win. Bats does this on much shorter notice no prob I think Tony could pull this off with less than a year of prep. I know that Tony isn't quite Bats when it comes to prep, but they are pretty damn close. Tony not crazy difficulty

it's a NLF to say "I'm sure he can pull it off" "I think he can come up with something"

these are vague, broad terms that can be applied anywhere.

stark hasn't ever created something that's capable of taking on jla or damaging them.

the only reason batman seems to do well is because of his prep sure, but also the fact that the jla folks are holding back and jobbing and have morals

if they're bloodlusted, and willing to kill stark, there's nothing he can do. all it takes is one light speed blitz/attack and an entire army of thousands of stark suits or more can be completely obliterated in seconds. superman or flash alone can pull this off btw. having other jla members makes it a mismatch. if stark hasn't even been able to take on the hulk alone with numerous years of prep, how is he going to take on a single herald let alone teams with a few heralds? i'm interested to hear which prep feats you are using for stark that will actually be effective vs. jla.

#186 Edited by Noone1996 (11466 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: Iron Man's prepping abilities are FAR above Bruce's. If he can do it, Tony can do it easily. With less time he prepped against a group of Avengers and X-Men that would beat the JLA pretty handily.

#187 Posted by sinikettu (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinikettu: Considering the fact that he built the adamantium sentinels, I think it's fair to assume that he can shape adamantium.

I kept recalling that he 'leased' them from someone else and just sort reprogrammed them instead of building too, in which case its plausible to assume that he'd know how to handle the material.

#188 Posted by blackpantherisb (6951 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: No he has never successfully beaten any of the people he made suits for bats successfully beat the whole JLA with one suit and has many other prep feats that are slightly above Tony's, but they are very comparable and that is why with a years concentrated prep Tony will win, it would not be easy though. But I don't want to turn this into yet another Batman with prep vs IM with prep thread

#189 Posted by Tantani (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: No he has never successfully beaten any of the people he made suits for bats successfully beat the whole JLA with one suit and has many other prep feats that are slightly above Tony's, but they are very comparable and that is why with a years concentrated prep Tony will win, it would not be easy though. But I don't want to turn this into yet another Batman with prep vs IM with prep thread

just becauese batman beat 4 depowered members of the JL with one suit while tony usually lose to AMP Thor and Hulk doesn't mean batman prep>IM prep

I can provide you scans of Tony team bust high tiers with single suit

but lets really leave it here, it isn't the fight here

#190 Posted by Noone1996 (11466 posts) - - Show Bio

@sinikettu: No, he built them himself. Who would he have bought them from?

Just because his "buster" armors were unsuccessful that doesn't mean he's bad at prepping. He built a genetic disruptor which depowered all of the new avengers and dark avengers (including Ares, Sentry, and Ms. Marvel), he built adamantium sentinels which took down the Avengers and X-Men (unworthy Thor, Hulk, Hyperion, Ice Man, Cannonball, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, etc.), and he's created hundreds of planetary destruction designs. Batman is only successful against the JLA through plot devices. The Justice buster is a perfect example of that. The JLA were toying with him and slower than usual and he couldn't even properly defeat Wonder Woman.

#191 Posted by blackpantherisb (6951 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: He depowered them not deafened them why can't all of Tony's feats be plot devices? Don't pick and choose which arguments are valid and which ones are not. Batman has beaten Darkseid with prep and has drawn blood from specter he has beaten the crap out of Superman with no prep at all. IM and he are very similar and Tony will no doubt win here he could have half the prep time that he has here and still do it. All that I'm saying is that Bata has a tiny edge in prep when it comes to Tony. Now let's mo e on to the actual debate topic which has nothing to do with this.

#192 Posted by whoisthebest (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

this thread needs to be locked. It seems like it was made to intentionally embarrass Iron man.

Superman literally needs 10 seconds or less and he can completely obliterate/fodderize an army of thousands of stark suits. Prep doesn't make a difference. Kryptonite/red sun radiation is also irrelevant if Supes is willing to blitz. Even Stark's best suits/best prep suits don't have state level durability. Having other jla members makes it wayyy easier.

#193 Posted by Noone1996 (11466 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: Or maybe it was a plot device that Tony didn't successfully prep? Think about it, why would he make a bulky armor that can duke it out with a character much stronger and durable than him? He has more impressive prep feats than not. He lost with the Hulk-Buster like 3 times (one was against an amped Hulk) and he didn't kill the Phoenix or defeat Thor (even though he broke apart a being that Thor couldn't even injure on his own and the Thor-Buster fought a character that was a Skyfather). Not only is there context when his buster armors fail, but there are only like 5 instances where he failed at prepping while he has succeeded many more times than that.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#194 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way Tony could win is if he got one or all of the infinity gems or a cosmic cube. This is definitely within the realm of possibility for Tony. Anything else won't work

#195 Posted by Trextonic_ (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a huge fan of Iron Man, my favorite hero in comics. But he is just not winning this under these circumstances. Prep is this case is essentially pointless when he has no idea who he's fighting and not able to receive help from anyone but Jarvis, which would be himself. Or even as his butler that is not much of a change. If Tony wasn't so mistreated by the writers, the marvel universe and himself, then perhaps he would fare better but no. Tony gets his ass kicked all the time. ALL THE TIME. In almost every event, story arc everything. He is just not that impressive when it comes to confrontations, especially when fighting people far beyond his level. Not happening.

The only way I see Tony winning is by giving him a big crutch besides prep-time and that's no fun is it?

#196 Posted by P00TY (5781 posts) - - Show Bio

Alt alert

#197 Posted by destinyman75 (13922 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony isn't winning with two years prep Diana could take him out with lasso or sword and blcok most of his attacks with shield then Rip him out of his armor like Thor did. The other bots get taken out by Hal and Clark Hals constructs there really isn't much prep can do to counter

#198 Posted by Noone1996 (11466 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: Has Wonder Woman ever resisted having her genetics rearranged to drain her powers? Has anyone on the JLA ever busted anything as durable as adamantium before? No?

Iron Man solos with a genetic disruptor and adamantium sentinels.

#199 Posted by destinyman75 (13922 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Still he will be stuck in a lasso literally all she needs to do. she could use him as a shield against the sentinels

#200 Posted by KrleAvenger (26251 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony isn't winning with two years prep Diana could take him out with lasso or sword and blcok most of his attacks with shield then Rip him out of his armor like Thor did. The other bots get taken out by Hal and Clark Hals constructs there really isn't much prep can do to counter

Those "robots" took down Avengers, X-Men and FF at the same time and they pretty much stomped them. Diana is non factor. She won't do anything to Stark. He can just stay calm in his Kree Force Field which none of JL can destroy.

Stark can also can fire Sol's Hammer at them which is capable of destroying the planet with 2% of power.

Genetic Distruptor also depowered Ares who is a Son of Zues as well. No reason why it won't work on Diana.