User Lists: 0

This is hilarious.

Doctor__Hanlon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Vader, from New Hope alone could kill Tony from miles away!

SHEMMY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Darth vader

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of Vader's power stems from the Force, an energy field that Iron Man has no counter to. No contest.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's MCU Iron Man, Vader wins.

If it's Earth-616 Tony, he has a counter to almost anything Vader can dishout and has the firepower to put him down.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Gracetrack

Darth Vader.

I need to see a good argument as to how Tony effectively resists a Force-choking. Vader was able to choke out Admiral Ozzel over a vast expanse of space and through the hulls (and deflector shields?) of two galactic starships and through the walls/compartments of a massive starship. I've a very hard time believing Vader can't simply bypass Tony's armor using the Force.

EDIT: Apparently Ozzel and Vader were on the same ship, just on opposite ends of it. I always thought they were on separate ships. Anyway, my point still stands regardless.

anakon4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By anakon4

@gracetrack said:

Darth Vader.

I need to see a good argument as to how Tony effectively resists a Force choking. Vader was able to choke out Admiral Ozzel over a vast expanse of space and through the hulls of two galactic starships. I've a very hard time believing Vader can't simply bypass Tony's armor using the Force.

This. There is nothing preventing Vader from instakilling Tony. Even if that was not the option, then Vader is still faster than Tony and can deflect/dodge most of the things Iron-Man throws at him while close combat is stomp in favor of Vader.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader stomps no matter which way you try and spin it, no matter which incarnation.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lock this abomination. Vader has great speed blitzing feats. Iron Man won't be able to kill him with his gear so Vader casually one shots with the Force.

Vitisid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lock this abomination. Vader has great speed blitzing feats. Iron Man won't be able to kill him with his gear so Vader casually one shots with the Force.

krispy808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader sneezes.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The idea that Darth Vader effortlessly or casually stomps is just absolutely absurd. The lightsaber would break before it opened up Tony's suit. Vader would have a brain aneurysm before successfully force crushing his incredibly durable armor. Tony's lightest punches or blasts from his earliest armors would go through his body like butter. His armor countermeasures have kept out internal telekinesis already. He has perceived and reacted to point-blank explosions without even armoring up yet. He's outran a black hole and tagged characters that couldn't even be perceived by Vader. The Star Wars fanboys are right about this being a mismatch.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man blitzes and one-shots.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If Tony can clown Magneto in AvX, he would have no trouble with Vader.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly what speed feats does Vader have to put him above Iron Man? What showings does he have to imply he can block a repulsor blast as hot as the sun? What durability feats does he have to insinuate he can tank a punch that can demolish a building?

I actually find it hilarious people are acting like Vader can brush off Tony's arsenal like nothing. He would get melted into slag

Adriusus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Adriusus

Iron Man fans: Provides reliable feats to prove that he EFFORTLESSLY stomps.

Darth Vader fans: Uses NLF

*smh*

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

Tony stomps, Vader can’t harm him and the reasons for Vader here are laughable and reek of blatant bias.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#169 morpheus_  Moderator

Iron Man one-shoots.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Gracetrack

@allstarsuperman said:

If Tony can clown Magneto in AvX, he would have no trouble with Vader.

A) Magneto is the master of magnetism, Vader is a master of the Force; two very different things.

2) Tony had prior knowledge of his opponent in AvX and had long since built in countermeasures for a battle with him. Going by the OP, he has neither of those things here.

and D) Though I enjoyed some of it, AvX was a mess of a comic loaded with facepalm-inducing moments. Case in point: Magneto is a team buster that Iron Man has no business clowning (which he didn't) let alone winning against solo, and the reason he "won" in AvX was due to Mags giving up the fight before it was over because plot reasons. It was not a legitimate win.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Gracetrack

@noone1996 said:

His armor countermeasures have kept out internal telekinesis already.

May I ask, when did this happen? If you have already posted scans, can I get a post number? If you have not yet posted scans specific to this, will you please?

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like way too many of these posts neglect knowledge of both characters, aside from maybe just their movie appearances.

Anyways, for now I'd go with Iron Man for the win.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gracetrack: Read post #64 and 61. It's been discussed and debated quite a lot within this thread already. Also, in AvX, Iron Man literally used satellites which were capable of borrowing and harnessing the magnetic field of a planet. Magneto recognized the energies being used against him, grabbed the satellite tech from planets away, fitted them into an armor to form around himself, and then added his own magnetic absorption power onto the technology he stole and proceeded to "reach out across the cosmos, channeling more power from every planet within reach" to do the very same thing Stark originally did with his satellites. Those satellites are the only reason the fight went in the direction that it did.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rockette: The force is no different than regular tk on those without the force.. against fellow force users you have a point...

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Amonfire1776

Iron Man curbstomps everyround...even cannon Sidious would be hard pressed to beat Iron man at his strongest lol...

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Gracetrack

@noone1996 said:

@gracetrack: Read post #64 and 61. It's been discussed and debated quite a lot within this thread already.

Thanks.

The Paragon/Graviton showing wasn't dealing with bypassing/ignoring Iron Man's armor in order to attackTony's body and/or his internal organs directly, so it is irrelevant to that particular argument.

The Rogue/Phoenix scan is... flimsy. Interesting, but flimsy. As evidence that the Iron Man armor can prevent TK users from bypassing it altogether, it is ambiguous at best because it isn't entirely clear that that is what Rogue was trying to do. An argument could be made, based on the text, that her goal was to overload the armor's systems in order to fry his brain; that she wasn't trying to bypass the armor at all. But for sake of argument, let's say she was trying to bypass it completely and attack his brain directly... well then the armor clearly struggled greatly to keep her out; to the point where all Tony could do was clutch his head in pain and hold on for dear life, and what's to say that wouldn't happen against Vader's Force Grip.

The Rogue/Phoenix scan also doesn't show us what stopped her, what condition Tony was in afterward, or anything else that happened immediately after that assault (was Tony able to continue the fight? Did Rogue give up and fly away? etc, etc)

Lastly, how many times has Phoenix completely bypassed someone's armor with her TK? How many times has Tony actually tried to prevent a TK user from bypassing his armor altogether? How many times has he done it successfully? If the Rogue instance is the only time, then it is an outlier that I can easily dismiss based on that fact alone but also because of its ambiguity.

As an aside, I won't get into the debate about whether or not Force TK (more specifically Force Grip) is the same as or different from the more "traditional TK" as seen in superhero comics. I personally believe the two are not wholly the same thing, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anakon4 said:
@gracetrack said:

Darth Vader.

I need to see a good argument as to how Tony effectively resists a Force choking. Vader was able to choke out Admiral Ozzel over a vast expanse of space and through the hulls of two galactic starships. I've a very hard time believing Vader can't simply bypass Tony's armor using the Force.

This. There is nothing preventing Vader from instakilling Tony. Even if that was not the option, then Vader is still faster than Tony and can deflect/dodge most of the things Iron-Man throws at him while close combat is stomp in favor of Vader.

A bit of a newbie here, given that I didn't read the suff required for the two last rounds, but it sounds quite simplistic. If it was the case, Vader could just sits on whatever chair there is at the center of the galaxy and kill his enemies that way, comfortably.

IMO, that trick only work on those who have no strong will, meaning about everyone who's anyone. Have somebody noticeable killed by Vader that way? And no, incompetent admiral fodder do not count. Stark, in any setting, is no soft-headed fool.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Gracetrack

@nucleon: To my knowledge, Vader has always done his Force Choke while having some kind of sight or sound connection to his victim (e.g. he chokes Ozzel while looking at him on a view screen, he chokes Captain Kronn while talking over a comms channel).

Beyond that, I think you are confusing Mind Tricks with the Force Grip. Force Mind Tricks only work on the weak-minded. To my knowledge, it has never been established... anywhere... that a person of strong enough will can resist being Force Gripped or Choked. The victim's willpower has nothing to do with it. Case in point: Obi Wan Kenobi gets ragdolled by Count Dooku's Force Grip in Revenge of the Sith and is completely powerless to stop it. And if Obi Wan doesn't have strong enough willpower, I don't know who does.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gracetrack:

Yeah you need a Force Barrier to resist TK attacks. Mind tricks can be mentally resisted, TK cannot.

" "And therein lies the problem." Bane lashed out with the dark side, seizing Qordis in an immobilizing, crushing grip. His opponent tried to protect himself, throwing up a field to deflect the incoming assault, but Bane's attack tore through the pitiful defense, wiping it away as if it hadn't even been there." ~ Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Noone1996

@gracetrack:

His internal compensators and dampers were going haywire and Tony's interpretation of what is happening to him is trustworthy in my opinion. His scanners are incredibly detailed and if that's what he said she was attempting, then I believe it. As for why that wouldn't happen with Vader, well first of all he doesn't even consistently use the force choke in a combat situation. It's basically just a torture tactic that he uses mainly on fodder. The idea that his force choke alone can solo Tony in this match-up is a bit laughable. Especially since something that's even MORE out of character is his internal force attacks which INSTANTLY kill an opponent. Using the force to snap necks, sever brain stems, break lungs, etc. are what would be needed to defeat Iron Man. He's not going to just stand there for a full minute to wait for himself to get choked out. Second of all, Vader's TK is nowhere even remotely close to Jean's. In that very same story, she used her TK to amp her physical stats so high that she was able to match the Thing in h2h combat and then used her TK to wrap chains around Ben's legs to keep him in place until he suffocated from the lack of air. That feat alone is much higher than what Vader is capable of. As for this being an outlier, Iron Man was able to keep out Magneto's internal attacks by emitting a counterfrequency to his magnetism which prevented Erik from reversing the blood flow in his body. To be fair, it wasn't an automatic countermeasure, but still worked nonetheless.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Nucleon

@gracetrack said:

@nucleon: To my knowledge, Vader has always done his Force Choke while having some kind of sight or sound connection to his victim (e.g. he chokes Ozzel while looking at him on a view screen, he chokes Captain Kronn while talking over a comms channel).

Beyond that, I think you are confusing Mind Tricks with the Force Grip. Force Mind Tricks only work on the weak-minded. To my knowledge, it has never been established... anywhere... that a person of strong enough will can resist being Force Gripped or Choked. The victim's willpower has nothing to do with it. Case in point: Obi Wan Kenobi gets ragdolled by Count Dooku's Force Grip in Revenge of the Sith and is completely powerless to stop it. And if Obi Wan doesn't have strong enough willpower, I don't know who does.

This is sounding a bit easy for my tastes... How can he practices TK on Tony's neck if he doesn't see neither Tony (but rather his armor) or his neck? I mean, he can attempt to do it to the armor, yes... But Tony, that's inside?

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Nucleon
Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon:

Yeah it's from the Canon DV comics.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilius said:

@nucleon:

Gotta go now - think my dog just died. =)

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The arguements for Tony here are laughable. Vader has casually deflected blaster bolts, has soloed 1000 rebels and has moved faster than the eye can process. Tony can't hit him no matter what people say. So basically Tony can't hit him and has nothing which can defend against TK so he gets casually one shotted.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if Tony knew what he was up against and had prep time to develop countermeasures he might stand a chance. But in a random encounter Vader's Force advantage should be too much.

Ganstaz003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The idea that Darth Vader effortlessly or casually stomps is just absolutely absurd. The lightsaber would break before it opened up Tony's suit. Vader would have a brain aneurysm before successfully force crushing his incredibly durable armor. Tony's lightest punches or blasts from his earliest armors would go through his body like butter. His armor countermeasures have kept out internal telekinesis already. He has perceived and reacted to point-blank explosions without even armoring up yet. He's outran a black hole and tagged characters that couldn't even be perceived by Vader. The Star Wars fanboys are right about this being a mismatch.

This is not movie darth vader vs comic book ironman, this is comic book ironman vs comic book vader. The lightsaber would chop tonys armor in half if it struck him. Having "incredibly durable armor" makes no difference because "incredibly durable" is a totally subjective term. Tonys armor doesn't have the feats to resist force crush nor can he resist the lightsaber which has chopped through metals, materials, and battleships far more durable than tonys "incredibly durable armor". Tonys armors have NEVER kept out internal telekinesis, his armor ONLY has countermeasures to TELEPATHY, and even then, no limits fallacies need not apply, his armor protects him from low level telepathy, but it does not protect him against telepathy from more powerful characters.

The endo sym suit literally got almost killed by magneto internally choking tony, magneto was about to kill tony and xavier had to beg him to stop and to spare tonys life. Making up excuses like "the writers forgot tony should have been resistant" is absolute nonsense mental gymnastics, I guess using that logic the writer just "forgot" how strong hulk is when he exerted himself to crush tonys suit (even though in reality that was a much weaker less angry incarnation of hulk who was struggling in that specific instance).

Lmao, tony hasn't "perceived and reacted to point blank explosions before armoring up", what the hell is this? Without the armor, tony has the speed, strength, and reactions of an average human male of his age and height.

Tony has never tagged characters who "couldn't be perceived by vader", tagging thor or silver surfer when they weren't actually travelling or using their speed at all does not mean you are a fast character.

Lastly, no, tony did not outrun a black hole, the black hole actually wasn't in proximity to him, he never was near the black hole. Moreover, that was tonys deep space suit, you cannot apply feats from that suit to others. That suit was specifically built by tony for interstellar space travel. It's far, far faster than tonys other standard suits like extremis, bleeding edge, endo sym.

You cannot apply feats from ironmans hulkbuster armors to his other armors. You cannot apply feats from ironmans interstellar space travel armors to his other armors. The hulkbuster suits and the space travel suits are specially designed suits with much greater strength or speed than ironmans regular suits. Thus, it's futile comparing or attempting to transfer the feats from the hulkbuster/space travel suits, to ironmans other suits. His standard suits can get stronger and faster over time, but it is not guaranteed. However, despite how much his standard suits improve in their capabilities, they still do not come close to the strength of the hulkbuster suits, or the flight/travel speeds of the interstellar space travel suits. You've got to show feats for this specific ironman armor to argue your case. Not pretending as if every ironman suit has access to the same abilities, strength, and speed of every other ironman suit. He would never build a hulkbuster suit if his other non hulkbuster armors had access to the same strength and durability. He would never build a special suit for space travel, or for deep sea diving, if his other suits had the capabilities for space travel and deep sea diving. He would never build an anti magneto suit if his other suits were capable of going up against magneto. He would never build a thorbuster suit (using a near infinitely powered asgardian gem as a power source), if his other suits were capable of going up against or surviving against thor. We don't care about your personal made up version of the ironman character, the only thing relevant in this battle is the ironman character as he has been written and showcased in the marvel comics (or marvel films). As far as that's concerned, his endo sym suit failed to save or resist internal telekinesis from magneto. Magneto is more powerful than vader, however, he didn't have to struggle nor exert himself at all to internally choke ironman.

At the end of the day, tony stark is a human being. He is an average human being in every respect, other than his super genius intelligence. Darth vader does not need to exert himself to kill, choke, or tear apart tony stark (a physically average human being). Darth vader does not even need to exert himself to kill or take out 400 pound human beings. Even if people agreed with you about tony starks armor being "incredibly durable" whatever that subjective terminology is supposed to mean, the durability of his armor is irrelevant when we are talking about internal telekinesis. vader only needs to have telekinesis capable of killing, choking, or vaporizing an average human in order to kill tony stark. However, vader also has the feats to simply crush ironmans armor like a tin can if he chooses to do so. He has crushed, taken apart, and destroyed metals and battleships that are much more resilient than ironmans armor.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Gracetrack

@kilius said:

I think if Tony knew what he was up against and had prep time to develop countermeasures he might stand a chance. But in a random encounter Vader's Force advantage should be too much.

Precisely. I could easily see Tony winning this with prep time, but I don't see him winning a random encounter with no prior knowledge (which is what this is).

Also, thank you for providing the scan up above.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:
@kilius said:

Hope your dog is okay. :(

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Gracetrack

@noone1996 said:

Iron Man was able to keep out Magneto's internal attacks by emitting a counterfrequency to his magnetism which prevented Erik from reversing the blood flow in his body. To be fair, it wasn't an automatic countermeasure, but still worked nonetheless.

Now that is a good example of ignoring the armor in order to attack the body directly. Do you have scans of this by chance?

That said, it sounds as though that was a counter to magnetism specifically. Even if Tony didn't have much experience fighting Magneto at that point (did he?) he would certainly already know about magnetism and what scientifically needs to happen in order to counter it. Magnetism is a well known physical phenomenon that occurs on Planet Earth, and scientists have a pretty deep understanding of how it works. The Force, and more specifically how it works, is something Tony would have no prior knowledge of here.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:
@kilius said:

Hope your dog is okay. :(

It 's just a way to say that my runner in the race (my argumentation) just can't win by now. But hey you're a decent dude none the less.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: Oh! Haha! That makes sense. Silly me. :)

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganstaz003: WITB, your cancerous personality and posting style leaked out way too much in your posts in that one. I used to think you'd be above creating an alt account at the same time as your main to make it seem like SOMEONE out there agreed with anything you had to say, but your cover is blown now. You really need to stop having such radical and biased points of view if you want to successfully hide and be apart of this community. I mean the very fact that you haven't posted a single scan alone should have given it away.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gracetrack: I don't even know why you're getting so excited about these instances when Vader isn't even remotely comparable in power in comparison to Jean Grey or Magneto.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamasylum3: "casually deflected blaster bolts"? Iron Man has casually tanked Nuke level attacks. "Soloed 1,000 rebels"? *yawn*. "Moved faster than the eye can process"? Yea...so has Stark...many many times.

Its really ironic that you claimed the arguments for Ironman are "laughable" and then proceed to list 3 feats that street level comic characters can replicate as your argument.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't Iron Man have magnetic powers? Notice this is his low level magnetic level.

No Caption Provided