Iron Man replaces Ultron against Cap. How does it go?

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By KryptonianKing88

Poll Iron Man replaces Ultron against Cap. How does it go? (18 votes)

Mismatch. Iron Man punches his head off 44%
Iron Man beats him 33%
Captain America beats him 17%
Spite against Tony 0%
Stalemate 6%
Mark 3
Mark 3

Iron Man only has his repulsors and unibeam for ranged attacks, and can't fly more than 50 ft away from Cap

Fight starts the same way

• 
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-608557dfde16e
deactivated-608557dfde16e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their fight during Civil War should be enough to explain how Cap don't stand a chance.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: @eredin12: Ultron was keeping up with AoU Iron Man. You don't think Cap could give an earlier armor a fight?

Sonath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sonath

Cap wins, don't listen to them. Ultron would beat Tony.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GangOrca

I have no idea why people think this is a mismatch. Cap's shield protects him from all of Tony's weaponry and he should be able to withstand Tony's punches and repulsors without it. The mark 3 also isn't as fast or as maneuverable as the mark 46 that couldn't beat Cap in hand-to-hand without analyzing his fighting pattern, something the mark 3 can't do.

Only real problem would be this suits durability and it's strength feats from the tie-in comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-61919ebe21493
deactivated-61919ebe21493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ Ultron would destroy Cap even worse than he would beat Tony.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should go about the same as Cap’s fight with Ultron, where he clearly could not win even though he was surviving. I doubt Iron Man could kill Cap without a fight but we also know that Cap needs Bucky in order to actually defeat Iron Man.

WorldsGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WorldsGreatest

Cap was boxing with a far superior suit that was wayy more advanced and needed A.I's help to defend against him in CQC. He bodies Tony here. Muh Unibeam gets blocked and redirected by the shield and so do are repulsor blast.

The reason Cap and Bucky were whooping on Tony is because he wasn't in the right frame of mind and was limited in CQC against superhuman martial artist with powerful gear that rivals if not exceeds his armor at times.(Metal arm and Shield.) It's not PIS like everyone likes to claim.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rebake

Mark 3 was strong but it should be noted that its combat speed was unimpressive next to the Mark 46. It will absolutely never land a direct punch on Cap's body. The Mark 3 is tough but nothing vibranium can't cut. It really depends on how Tony chooses to fight. If he goes h2h, he's losing due to the shield. Cap doesn't have anything to protect himself from an anti-tank missile but I'm really not sure Tony would use it. He definitely won't use it at close range.

The Mark 46 is definitely underrated. It's still gold titanium and specializes in close combat more than other normal sized suits before it. Breaking from vibranium and Bucky's fully mechanical arm isn't really a low showing. Iron Monger crushed the helmet like a tin can but we don't consider the Mark 3 weak. What's so special about the Iron Monger's metal? The most we see it lift is a car, and not even without some effort. The Mark 46 would ruin the Iron Monger with its greater speed and weaponry. The Mark 46 also tanked the vibranium shield to the back from Bucky, so it's quite tough. The common weakness of the helmet and arc reactor is in both the Mark 46 and 3 suits. Even the nano-suits had helmets easier to destroy than other parts of the armor, except the helmets can be repaired during battle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All these people actually think Cap stands a chance.

His suit in AOU had a city explode on top of him, the suit I'm CW can't even tank a car falling in top of him.

It's clear they had to nerf him in CW just to make this a fight and he still needed bucky to save him.

ShoninDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShoninDragon

Ironman stomp Cap can't hurt him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The_Swaggot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see a lot of comments saying that Mark 3 is too slow, so Cap would win. But how exactly is Cap going to damage a suit that could withstand tank missiles and jet artillery?

Honestly in any fight without the PIS suit from CW Tony would stomp Steve.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironman stomp Cap can't hurt him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He can hurt him with his vibranium shield. Also, none of those attacks are landing on Cap if he's in CQC.

HunterGamma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GangOrca

@huntergamma: That didn't help him in a suit that had greater combat speed and maneuverability. Albeit, the mark 3 does seem to have better durability and strength than the mark 46.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gangorca: the suit in CW isn't better than the mk 3 in any aspects.

I mean Cap struggled with an Ultron bot while Tony killed one without any trouble.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GangOrca

@decaffeinated said:

@gangorca: the suit in CW isn't better than the mk 3 in any aspects.

Versatility? Combat speed? Better A.I.? I know that the CW suit was pretty shitty but come on.

I mean Cap struggled with an Ultron bot while Tony killed one without any trouble.

The only time he struggled to kill one was during the fight inside the ship but Thor was, for some reason, also have trouble killing 1. Cap was killing plenty more with less trouble in Sokovia.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gangorca:

How is it more versatile?

How is the AI better? Just because we never saw Jarvis scan a fighting pattern doesn't mean he can't.

How is it faster? He can dodge tank rounds in the first move yet an arrow hits him in CW.

I'm talking about Ultron himself, Tony killed Ultron once and Cap was struggling to fight him. Thor only had trouble with vibranium Ultron.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaffeinated:

How is it more versatile?

It has all of the mark 3's weapons plus lasers, restraint cuffs, an EMP, flashbang, and it can be used in separate parts.

How is the AI better? Just because we never saw Jarvis scan a fighting pattern doesn't mean he can't.

We assume he can't unless Jarvis has feats suggesting so. We have no reason to believe he resorted to a less compatible A.I. system.

How is it faster? He can dodge tank rounds in the first move yet an arrow hits him in CW.

An arrow that hit him while he was fighting Cap. Iron Man dodged the arrows when he was focused on Hawkeye.

Also, just because he dodged a tank shell doesn't mean he can't get hit by something slower. No way is the Iron Monger faster than a tank shell.

I'm talking about Ultron himself, Tony killed Ultron once and Cap was struggling to fight him. Thor only had trouble with vibranium Ultron.

Oh, I thought you meant the drones. You do know that Tony never fought Ultron in either mark 3 or 46, right? Why is that relevant to this debate?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gangorca:

My bad I thought we were using the AOU suit.

Friday was an older AI he only used her because Jarvis was destroyed by Ultron. There's a reason Jarvis was his first choice and not Friday.

The MK3 can do all that except the cuffs which he doesn't need as the MK3 is stronger, faster, and more durable.

Still a tank round is way faster than Cap or an Arrow.

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MCU-Defender333

@rbt said:

This.

And for the record, it took PIS, an optimum setting that forced Iron Man to go CQC and Tony holding back the whole time for Cap to win in Civil War, and he still needed Bucky's help.

Iron Man's on a different tier to any Cap without Mjolnir.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GangOrca

@decaffeinated said:

@gangorca:

My bad I thought we were using the AOU suit.

Friday was an older AI he only used her because Jarvis was destroyed by Ultron. There's a reason Jarvis was his first choice and not Friday.

Ya know he can always update his A.I.'s? It's not like Tony doesn't know how to do that.

The MK3 can do all that except the cuffs which he doesn't need as the MK3 is stronger, faster, and more durable.

It can't do those red lasers, that was explicitly something added with the mark 6. Since when can it perform a flashbang (I don't mean the flares) or an EMP? Since when has the mark been used in separate parts?

Still a tank round is way faster than Cap or an Arrow.

Yes, but it still got tagged by something much slower.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gangorca:

1.) If that was the case why get rid of all his older AI's? Why have Jarvis?

2.) How do any of those help here?

3.) What?

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GangOrca

@decaffeinated:

1.) If that was the case why get rid of all his older AI's? Why have Jarvis?

Jarvis was the most powerful A.I. at the time. We know Tony is capable of updating Jarvis so a much more advanced Tony should be capable of updating Friday.

2.) How do any of those help here?

I was pointing out your mistake in saying the mark 3 is better in every aspect but the CW suit has better versatility.

3.) What?

Iron Monger.