Model 9

Round 1: In-character

Round 2: Bloodlusted

Conditions:

• All armors piloted by their own Tony Stark
  • Thorbuster is only in round 2
  • Fight takes place at Stark Industries
  • Jobbing off for Model Prime

Who wins and why? I made this battle since I feel like some armors(model prime and Thorbuster especially) are criminally underestimated.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Hajduk

Thorbuster, which went toe to toe with Odinforce Thor, and was designed to defeat regular Thor (who knows if it would have worked but given the power difference between Odinforce Thor and regular Thor, it’s possible regular Thor would not have been able to win) should probably solo or come very close.

Outside of that the newer armors are always going to have better scaling and better feats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f88bc0ec7a4f
deactivated-5f88bc0ec7a4f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Thorbuster could take this, but I'm gonna go with the new iron man suits. They have better feats ovr.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't the Model Prime built to do everything his old armors could? I feel like that should carry for round 1, then between that and Thorbuster, new team wins round 2.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

New armors are improvements to the old. The older ones may have better quantifiable feats in some cases, but they are not as advanced and don’t have as much energy. When it comes to advancements, that includes scanners, weaponry, force-fields, and Stark tech components in general. The gap in power levels or durability really isn’t THAT tremendous though, so it’d be a somewhat even fight until the higher suits start to outlast the energy reserves of the old. As energy/force-field levels decrease, not only do the armors get weaker/less powerful, but the durability decreases too. So the new suits should win both rounds (especially round 2 due to the Thor-Buster being capable of solo’ing) especially since the older suits may not have a counter to the Model Prime’s stealth.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 morpheus_  Moderator

Thorbuster shouldn't be here, it's too much.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 takenstew22  Moderator

There is no logical way the new armors shouldn't win. Tony has been constantly making upgrades and improvements to these things.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff33f7b5c7b4
deactivated-5ff33f7b5c7b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New ones by far, especially the Thor buster

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

The Sliver Centurion armor actually isn't that impressive tbh. Beating Iron Monger when that suit was outdated even by like early 90's standards isn't a good feat.

Newer suits win due to upgrades/not being one of the jobber suits

ArikErdenet01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New ones definitely

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dcandmarvelcomicfan: I really just made this thread to get the general consensus on the ranking and power of these armors. It's kind of surprising since usually a lot of people act like Thorbuster is fodder and that the older armors aren't weaker than/can't be scaled off of by newer armors. When someone told me Model Prime and Model 42 are weaker than the classic armors I just had to make this thread. It actually was not the first time I've heard Model Prime being called weaker than old armors though.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I just knew the Silver Centurion had the feats of taking on Hulk and Terrax, which are two of Iron Man's most notable feats

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: Wouldn't the classic armors conceivably be able to absorb most of the energy attacks(except maybe the infected repulsors that Model Prime used on Captain Marvel) and amp themselves since they had feats of absorbing energy from heralds and Thor? I also keep hearing Model Prime in particular is pretty weak armor despite what it can do.

How strong would you say the Thorbuster is? It's essentially Tony's classic armor inside a bigger armor without counting the enchantment it's supposed to have. Comicvine seems to be 50/50 about whether Thorbuster needs King Thor or not to be strong.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@dcandmarvelcomicfan: I'd doubt that rock is actually the size of Manhattan considering it's completely reliant on his statement for that to be true

Plus old suits fighting heralds is pretty inconsistent considering 99% of the time they fell to far lesser threats, seems like high ends to me lol considering that exact suit got completely fodderized by Savage Hulk during Hulk #322

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Noone1996

@lilbroomstick: If Tony is piloting them in both scenarios then he just simply won’t use his repulsors to avoid energy absorption. I doubt he’d fight dumb like that. Even in Civil War 2, as bad as that writing was, he didn’t use energy attacks on Carol because he knew she could absorb them. People only say the Model Prime was weak because it didn’t have that many feats and lost to Carol. However, it also owned Vision and kid Nova.

The Thor-Buster is powerful enough to trade blows with King Thor. He’s powerful enough to dent Cap’s shield. Even without the suit absorbing Thor’s power, it tapped into the same enchantment energies that powered Mjolnir. People that say the armor, which had an energy source so powerful that it could solve Earth’s energy crisis indefinitely, would be useless against anyone other than Thor is just delusional. If it doesn’t have that gem powering it though that’s a different story.