Iron Man (IW) vs. Yondu (MCU) and Starlord (IW)

• 79 results
Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In character, but fighting to the death.

Start 1 mile apart.

Yondu and Starlord have an hour of prep.

Iron Man only knows he's being targeted for assassination.

Location: near the Avengers tower. There are civilians in the area.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends if Yondu can penetrate Tony.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JDogg

Yondu and Starlord. Starlord himself did good against Tony with Yondu it is a solid victory. Starlord gets Yondu enough time to whistle and then it's game over.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RR79

@jdogg said:

Yondu and Starlord. Starlord himself did good against Tony with Yondu it is a solid victory. Starlord gets Yondu enough time to whistle and then it's game over.

If, and that's a big if, Yondu's arrow can pierce Tony's suit.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rebake

@erkan12: For which side? Based on the other comments, it doesn't look like I made a mismatch here.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rebake: Iron Man stomps. He is more powerful than Ragnarok Thor and Hulk, none of them are threat to him.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JDogg

@rr79: Yondu's arrow went through tons of spacecrafts that were designed for deep space transport. I'm confident he can pierce Stark's armor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg said:

@rr79: Yondu's arrow went through tons of spacecrafts that were designed for deep space transport. I'm confident he can pierce Stark's armor.

And Starks armor took a beating from Thanos. I'm not confident Yondu's arrow can pierce Tony's suit.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JDogg

@rr79: So did Spidey's. Still not going to put them on the durability level of spaceships that can take the intesisty of a hyper jump and withstand the coldness of deep space. Have yet to see Stark survive deep space in his suit let alone hyper jump speeds.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg said:

@rr79: So did Spidey's. Still not going to put them on the durability level of spaceships that can take the intesisty of a hyper jump and withstand the coldness of deep space. Have yet to see Stark survive deep space in his suit let alone hyper jump speeds.

I'll give you that his suit hasn't survived in deep space(they haven't shown a need for him to yet). However, it is pretty clear that Thanos is hitting Stark a lot harder than he hit Spidey. I'm still not convinced that the arrow is going to pierce his suit. Also, it's been a while since I watched the movie, but I don't remember the arrow piercing the outer walls of the ship, only the inner which are quite a bit weaker than the outer.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron man

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Iron Man, spite.

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gamer-Guy
Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duo. People underestimate Star Lord a lot on this site, Quill puts a gravity mine on him again then Yondu slices through him.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg said:

Tony's new armor is tougher than the Hulkbuster, and he can take blasts and punches from Thanos. Yondu can't do anything.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_red_viper  Moderator

@jdogg: @rr79: Tony has been to deep space in "Avengers" when he sent the nuke through the portal. His suit simply shut down in a few seconds though I'm not entirely sure if it was because of him being in space or just losing too much power in the effort. Regardless his current suit is obviously better.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Stark.

Quills gadgets only bought him a few seconds and Stark can liter them with firepowe

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quill pins him and then Yondu makes him a pin cushion.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In character but fighting to the death?

Iron Man drops a building on them.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Buckwheat

@_kingoflatveria said:
@payneintheass said:

Depends if Yondu can penetrate Tony.

No Caption Provided

Haha.

On topic: Ironman should win if he plays his cards well. Which he should.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man stomps...

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 socajunkie  Moderator

@rebake: He can’t do that here anyway since the building dropping feat was performed on Titan where the gravity was lower.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star-Lord and Yondu take it. Peter was already able to momentarily disable and outwit Tony with his superior tech. Add in prep and help from Yondu and it's a wrap.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man wins with ease on his home turf...especailly since he can use the defenses of Avengers tower to help him...

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake said:

@citizensurfer: In New York City where there are civilians?

You mean how he dropped a Skyscraper on top of Hulk, when there were civilians surrounding that area?

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer: Not quite the same thing or place, and Stark has less destructive ways to win. Destroying an entire building shouldn't happen in this fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531e53b02be
deactivated-5c531e53b02be

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony no sold a 10,000+ ton rock falling at mach 32 no way can they harm him.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebake said:

@citizensurfer: Not quite the same thing or place, and Stark has less destructive ways to win. Destroying an entire building shouldn't happen in this fight.

True, but he's shown that he has no issue with destroying entire buildings just to put an enemy down.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JDogg

@the_red_viper: Still has never survived those speeds or that depth for prolonged exposure. And in A1 he barely goes through the portal and drifts back after being frozen from it. Current one is no doubt stronger but it hasn't shown the same level of durability as the spacecraft's. The dude didn't really seem he could just hop out of the spacecraft like that.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JDogg

@rr79: The first GOTG movie he was piercing spacecrafts similar to Peter's. In the movie Tony seemed to need the spaceship to survive in space. Deep space killed Maw who overpowered Tony as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7
deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

I've a question.

Do you know what Mismatch is?

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: The Hulkbuster was destroyed by regular metal poles tho. And was overpowered for a bit by those fodder the Black Order sent. I doubt that those suits can maintain in the depths of space or survive the travel speeds of their ships hyper jump.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_red_viper  Moderator

@jdogg: Not disagreeing I just pointed out that he has been in fact to deep space in the past.

CamNewtonisdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just rewatched IW peter did nothing to Tony he avoided some standard repulsors which tony would not be using if if this was to the death they then ran into each other Ironman threw quill on the ground and he quill had stuck the magnet to him that’s it. This battle ends very quickly they can’t hurt Ironman and he can one shot both of them

S4M0AN_TH0R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By S4M0AN_TH0R

Starlord and Yondu should win. In Iron man and Starlords fight it showed them being relatively equal in terms of mobility in the air. Add in Yondu and now Iron man will to focus on not getting tagged by Yondu while still fighting Quill.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg said:

@rr79: The first GOTG movie he was piercing spacecrafts similar to Peter's. In the movie Tony seemed to need the spaceship to survive in space. Deep space killed Maw who overpowered Tony as well.

It may be because I haven't watched that one in a while but I still do not remember the arrow ever piercing the outer walls of the ships. And I already agreed about Tony not surviving in Deep Space yet. Not sure why you felt the need to say it again. Maw also isn't wearing a suit that could potentially protect him from the temperature and lack of atmosphere. That's not exactly an apt comparison.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JDogg

@rr79: Sorry about the reiteration, I was replying to you and I read someone else's post and got the posts mixed up with each other.

True about Maw.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JDogg
RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdogg said:

@rr79: Sorry about the reiteration, I was replying to you and I read someone else's post and got the posts mixed up with each other.

True about Maw.

Not a problem, and when I get a chance I will rewatch the first Guardians of the Galaxy.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FlashFyr

Why is everyone equating blunt force durability to piercing durability O.o? Cull sunk his blade through Hulkbuster's arm and tore it off; Yondu's arrow is alien metal as well (I'd think the advanced arrow at least has the same capabilities of Tony's blade)...

No Caption Provided

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_kingoflatveria: that one shot of BvS always makes me cringe...it’s just not subtle at all.

On topic, it just depends on how seriously Tony fights. If he putts around like a schmuck and tries his, “fly around and use ineffectual blasts™” then the team can take him down probably, with Yondu as the mvp.

If Stark really wants to cheese it though, there’s nothing stopping him from just dropping an ass ton of heavy ordinance on them from a distance. That’ll bet him a win.

Shadow411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feel like Tony would just blast Yondu’s arrow into tiny pieces (Like he normally does), then proceed to fairly easily handle Star-Lord.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr said:

Why is everyone equating blunt force durability to piercing durability O.o? Cull sunk his blade through Hulkbuster's arm and tore it off; Yondu's arrow is alien metal as well (I'd think the advanced arrow at least has the same capabilities of Tony's blade)...

No Caption Provided

Hulkbuster =/= Bleeding Edge. And Culls weapon =/= Yondu's Arrow.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79: I'm aware. The pic was to point out that cutting and blunt force durability are not the same things, because everyone's been going "Bleeding Edge is tougher than Hulkbuster (which has only taken blunt force), therefore Yondu's arrow won't do anything!" My opinion of the arrow's capability to pierce the BE armor has nothing to do with Cull.

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr said:

@rr79: I'm aware. The pic was to point out that cutting and blunt force durability are not the same things, because everyone's been going "Bleeding Edge is tougher than Hulkbuster (which has only taken blunt force), therefore Yondu's arrow won't do anything!" My opinion of the arrow's capability to pierce the BE armor has nothing to do with Cull.

Oh I completely agree that cutting and blunt force are not the same thing.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man stomps. They cannot put Stark down permanently while he can casually one shot them. Hell, even in his Civil War armor he could win this.