• 128 results
Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#51 Posted by blackpantherisb (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

@cresshadow: Does Thor not take damage from multi mountain blows?

#52 Posted by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@cresshadow: Yeah and plus I guess the Destroyer wasn't all that great in the MCU either. Still, kind of funny seeing Ms. Marvel kicking around Thor in an armor made of enchanted Uru.

#53 Posted by cresShadow (898 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: he seems to have continent level durability. and @noone1996 I dont think thats the true destroyer armor because its far too small compared to how it is in previous episodes. enchantress probably fashioned it to look similar to the armor

#54 Posted by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: True, but that doesn't exactly equate to him being able to either. Since his friends were still on there he probably held back, but that doesn't necessarily mean he could have vaporized or crumbled the entire thing.

#55 Edited by blackpantherisb (4021 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by destinyman75 (9573 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Not saying MCU is on par with 616 at all bot even close. But is this armor yes more powerful but is it any more durable?

#57 Posted by cresShadow (898 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: he regularly fights people like hulk and hyperion. hulk's high end feats are in his show but I currently do not have access to them but his most impressive feat off the top of my head was pulling the earth's tectonic plates back together and preventing the earth from splitting in half. and since hyperion regularly overpowers hulk, its pretty much established that its thor>= hyperion > hulk

#58 Posted by MorbusGrav (176 posts) - - Show Bio

If Iron-man is bleeding edge then he wins, if not Thor wins.

Probably this.

#59 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: He is pretty fast.

Here Thor effortlessly dodges a spear after it is thrown.

No Caption Provided

Thor casually bats down missiles.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hyperion can casually dodge multiple missiles and has FTE speed at his lowest.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

At his best, Hyperion is fast enough to blitz a Hulk fast enough to run across the united states in seconds.

No Caption Provided

And yet, Hyperion was unable to react to multiple blows from Thor.

No Caption Provided

Thor is also a lightning timer.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Durability:

Here Thor tanks IG Thanos punching him to the moon. This is a continental feat due to the size of the crater.

No Caption Provided

Thor tanks several blows from an amped Hulk. This Hulk is strong enough to pull tectonic plates.

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

#60 Posted by blackpantherisb (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: God damn, maybe he could win, but I didn't see Hyperion blitz Hulk across the country, also how hard can Thor his?

#61 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: I think that you misunderstood me, I was talking about Hulk. Hulk in that GIF was was amped and was fast enough to run from NYC to an island in the middle of the Pacific.

Loading Video...

Thor's striking feats have already been covered by @bladeoffury and @cresshadow . But I'll go over them again for you.

Here Thor launches Hulk a couple hundred meters with a casual strike.

No Caption Provided

The simple act of a high five between Thor and Hulk, cause shock-waves capable of sending huge alien ships off course.

No Caption Provided

Here Thor one-shots Fin fang Foom sending the multi-ton beast flying over skyscrapers and at least a city block away.

No Caption Provided

Here Thor strikes so hard that the shock-waves of his blows cause tidal waves capable of destroying NYC. It is worth noting that NYC was hundreds of miles away but the tidal waves still threatened to destroy it.

No Caption Provided

He does it again but this time with his fist.

No Caption Provided

Thor is strong enough to casually one-shot the Super Adaptoid. The Super Adaptoid had the combined durability of the entire avengers, including Thor and Hulk.

No Caption Provided

Here Thor cracks a city sized asteroid in half. Thor was likely holding back due to his friends being on the asteroid and he was instructed to only crack it.

No Caption Provided

And last but not least, Thor strikes Hulk hard enough to knock him out, send him from the moon to earth,make an indent of Mjolnir on his face, and give him amnesia.

Loading Video...
#62 Edited by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: The West Coast durability feat I was talking about was performed in a weaker and less advanced armor than his Bleeding Edge suit. Do you have any references in mind that leads you to believe that the durability of this armor is overrated?

#63 Posted by destinyman75 (9573 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: No just unclear on it's actuall durability feats

#64 Posted by Thordinson (1472 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#65 Posted by RampageTheFirst (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man doesn't stand a chance against any version of Thor, movies usually depict him overpowering Thor on multiple occasions but plot prevails over reality.

#66 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Can you post some speed and strength feats for this Iron-man? Or show some of his other abilities? I personally think that Thor wins this one but if Iron-man has feat stated otherwise then I will change my opinion.

#67 Posted by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: Here's a respect thread that might give you some more insight: https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/65wzp8/respect_iron_man_model_37_bleeding_edge_marvel/.

@thunderprince: I already posted feats that are more than enough to prove Iron Man's superiority in post #32 which I know you've seen, but I can post more if you want. In his Bleeding-Edge armor specifically, he held his own against a cosmic empowered being capable of stomping 616 Thor:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

For a reference, this is what Taurus did to Thor:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

These are both striking power feats and durability feats. Since Thor was basically three-shotted by Taurus and it took two hits to KO Tony, it's pretty impressive. This character also tanked a hit from Thor and Iron Man managed to make him grunt out in pain. It should be noted that Thor was not KO'd for that long. It took Iron Man MUCH longer to wake up from Taurus' knockout and even after that his armor wasn't fully recovered either.

He also managed to ragdoll Red Hulk while making him scream out in agony:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
His striking and repulsor power is showcased here too as Rulk screams out in pain after being slammed and blasted by Tony.

As for speed, Tony literally pulled a Smallville and basically saw a point-blank explosion in slow motion:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4
Armors up and analyzes diagnostic data faster than an explosion fully goes off. This is literally a point blank explosion and he's doing all of this before it affects him.

He also outraced a missile and its explosion without warning:

As you can see, the missile was already inside of his hotel room by the time he saw what was happening. He had no warning at all and as soon as he realized what was happening, he armored up and flew a couple hundred feet towards the Octobot before the explosion even went off.

No Caption Provided

I've got more too, but honestly this should be overkill to prove that Iron Man stomps here. Doing as well as he does against the 616 powerhouses in Marvel comics is more than enough to prove my case. This isn't even going into the fact that Iron Man can amp himself to even HIGHER levels of power than what he's shown here once Thor begins to shoot lightning which Tony can absorb casually.

#68 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Those are cool feats and all but Bleeding edge Iron-man isn't in this battle. If he was then yes, he would stomp. This is current Iron-man.

Thanks for the feats and link anyway though.

#69 Posted by blackpantherisb (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a real toss up, god damn.

#70 Posted by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: Oh right I forgot that the OP said "no bleeding edge". He said "regular" Iron Man which we still don't really know what that is. Here is a respect thread to his most recent armor: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/tantani/blog/iron-man-armor-model-51-model-prime-armor-all-in-o/127548/. Read the comments too. I think that even this armor would beat AA Thor. I could argue that pretty much any version of Iron Man could beat this version of Thor. Even one of his earliest and weakest armors has great feats: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/iron-man/4005-1455/forums/iron-man-respect-thread-model-2-golden-armor-1883398/

#71 Posted by blackpantherisb (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: Fianl question, does Thor have multiple mountain+ level energy durability? If not I would still give the edge to Iron Man.

#72 Posted by destinyman75 (9573 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: I guess I can see that given this isn't comic Thor who would win, yeah ok MCU durable as he is would have a problem here I can conceed that point

#73 Posted by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: You are literally basing your opinion off of the idea that Thor > Iron Man. That doesn't apply to all versions. MCU Thor doesn't have any durability feats which would suggest that he'd survive a single serious punch or repulsor blast from 616 Iron Man. It's about feats. For example, Avengers Assemble Thor would stomp MCU Thor because he has MUCH better feats.

#74 Edited by destinyman75 (9573 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: I know that, that is why I conceded the point lol

#75 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: Well Hulk tanked this without any damage.

Loading Video...

And Yet Hyperion absolutely destroyed Hulk with his heat vision.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hyperion can also create an atomic explosion with his heat vision unaided.

No Caption Provided

And yet Thor tanked his HV without any damage whatsoever.

No Caption Provided

Thor can also absorb and redirect energy attacks.

#76 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Okay, Iron-man is pretty powerful but this version lacks the speed feats to keep up with AA Thor. AA Thor was able to detect his version of Ghost even when he was invisible. Most of Iron-man's attacks can be either blocked or dodged by someone with Thor's speed. Unlike his 616 version, this Thor clowns street levers with his speed.

#77 Edited by Nomar (1426 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish there was a rule that comics could only face comics because otherwise we get people picking a comic incarnation for no other reason that it's from a comic. I'm not even kidding. You'd probably have people pick 616 Spidey over AA Thor if that were the topic.

The problem comics have had for ages is incredibly poor power scaling in team books. When you have people as weak as Spidey or Cap making guys like Thanos stagger and this is a consistent issue, you have a problem. Though that just lets people cherry pick comic book feats and when you bring in low showings in vs topics they'll call you a lowballer all the while they only use 0.1% feats or stuff they know makes no sense against the characters average showings. /rant

AA Thor Wins.

#78 Edited by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

There should be a rule about users brushing up on both sides before blindly claiming Thor wins just because 616 Thor > 616 Iron Man.

Iron Man still wins.

#79 Posted by blackpantherisb (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: God damn, that attack Hulk tanked seemed to be Moon level, AA is just crazy bout them feats.

#80 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: Yeah, that is literally the only reason why I still watch that show.

#81 Posted by g2_ (9165 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man is too much.

#82 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: One question, can Iron-man teleport or make portals? If not then Thor can just BFR him.

#83 Posted by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: Even if, for whatever reason, this armor was made to be less fast as his pre-Extremis/Bleeding-Edge armors, he does still have some impressive speed feats. One of them you already saw in the respect thread against Karnak when he completely outspeeds him. He also reacts to and absorbs Crystal's lightning which is also pretty good reaction feat. So he was dodging, tagging, and overall outspeeding a character that can do this with his speed:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Cuts a bullet in half after it's fired.

In fact, he was even fast enough to vibrate his molecules to touch a phased opponent:

No Caption Provided

He also managed to dodge and tag Regent who was like a Super Adaptoid that had the powers of a bunch of Avengers, Inhumans, and X-Men including Quicksilver, Iceman, Thor, and Hyperion:

No Caption Provided

#84 Posted by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: Thor could BFR Iron Man with a portal, but Tony's scanners detect energy fluctuations from teleportation before they happen, so he'd know to avoid it.

#85 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: So, he has out sped a bullet-timer, that pretty impressive. I'm not sure if I can count the regent feat since he only tagged him with missiles and dodged a generic energy beam. As I showed in post 59, Thor can casually bat down missiles. It is also a stretch to say that he reacted to lightning since he didn't move even the slightest bit.

Thor could simply knock him into a portal but that is quite out of character for Thor. So Fair enough on the BFR thing.

Avatar image for maximusprime223
#86 Edited by MaximusPrime223 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

thor

#87 Posted by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: Regent had Quicksilver level speed though. He absorbed the lightning that Crystal launched at him.

#88 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Yeah, but he tagged him with missiles, that is the definition of PIS. If he had dodged a punch then it would be a great feat but instead he only dodged a generic energy beam, Thor has done that many times.

MCU Iron-man absorbs lightning as well, but it doesn't make him a lightning timer. AA Thor on the other hand did actually react to lightning by moving his arm in its direction after it was fired.

#89 Posted by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: Unless the absorption setting is automatic, how is it not reacting to lightning if you see it, press a knob or adjust a setting on the armor, and then absorb it before it reaches you?

#90 Posted by blackpantherisb (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: Sorry to keep asking but does he have other energy feats, because it seemed like the helmet absorbed most of that blast.

#91 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: It is like you said, it is most likely an automatic setting.

#92 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackpantherisb: It is no problem. Here Thor tanks Hyperion's heat vision right before the other GIF.

No Caption Provided
#93 Posted by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: What would you say if there was proof that it isn't automatic?

#94 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Not really since it seemed to be automatic in previous armors.

#95 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Sorry, I read you post wrong but anyway I would say that then he has comparable speed.

#96 Edited by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: I have evidence. It seems like it's automatic sometimes since there is no mention through narration that he had to consciously change or adapt a setting on his armor, but there are also times when it's clear that he had to do something beforehand. Here are the scans, but I'm just curious about your reaction.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7
These are all instances where he didn't automatically absorb energy/electricity. It's clear that he had to consciously do it. The fifth scan is a perfect example of Tony walking us through him claiming "all he has to do is absorb it and dish it back out".

#97 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Well then, you seem to be an Iron-man expert, do you think that he is a lightning timer?

#98 Posted by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: Yes. He regularly reacts to/absorbs/dodges lightning and electricity. I've been limiting myself though since you will only accept feats from his model 51 armor.

#99 Posted by ThunderPrince (3008 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996: Okay in that case Iron-man has comparable reaction speed. While Iron-man's bull-rushes are more powerful, Thor's standard striking power is much better. Thor's also has the rang advantage with Mjolnir, while all of Iron-man's projectiles can be casually dodged or deflected.

#100 Posted by Noone1996 (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: In that armor, sure I'll admit that AA Thor has better standard striking power and yeah Thor could probably deflect or absorb most of whatever is thrown at him by model 51 Iron Man, but Thor's lightning is just going to amp Iron Man. Plus he has an instantaneous self-repairing ability that Thor really won't know how to handle.