No Caption Provided

Rules

• Random Encounter
  • No Prior Knowledge
  • Fight Takes Place in NYC
  • In Character
  • Win by Death or KO
  • Malcolm has TWO hands
  • Round 1 - H2H/unarmed (Danny CANNOT amp his strikes)
  • Round 2 - Standard Gear and Danny can use his Chi to the fullest
uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Malcolm round 1 and probably Danny round 2

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malcom in his prime would beat IF but with chi, stalemate. Danny get shot but malcom gets shock waved

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malcom R1, Fist stomps R2.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By NewWorldOrder

Round 1: Malcom

Round 2: Danny

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Round 1: Malcolm wins after a decent fight.

Round 2: Danny stomps.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FirestormFate1919

R1: Malcolm's got this locked down, he seems a good bit more formidable at base.

R2: Does Danny have the reaction feats to not get shot with an arrow, Malcolm has pretty insane draw time (like .5 seconds). I mean, even if he doesn't full-power Chi might give him a majority, but that's probably Merlyn's only shot here. Danny takes a slight majority if he doesn't have the reaction feats, and a full majority if he does.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Malcolm's got this locked down, he seems a good bit more formidable at base.

R2: Does Danny have the reaction feats to not get shot with an arrow, Malcolm has pretty insane draw time (like .5 seconds). I mean, even if he doesn't full-power Chi might give him a majority, but that's probably Merlyn's only shot here. Danny takes a slight majority if he doesn't have the reaction feats, and a full majority if he does.

This is the only reaction feat I can think of (gif courtesy of arcus1)

No Caption Provided

There's also a scene of him blocking a guys attacks while moving so fast he looked like a blur.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Danny handily. Faster and more agile, more experience and more technically proficient.
  2. Danny stomps.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Danny handily. Faster and more agile, more experience and more technically proficient.
  2. Danny stomps.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Wow, that's pretty straight forward bullet-timing. I'll stick with Malcolm for R1, but with much more difficulty since I was thinking he had a solid speed advantage. Malcolm has a bullet-timing feat as well, so I don't think it's enough to actually give Danny the win, but it'll significantly lessen Merlyn's margin of victory.

That's enough for Danny to probably take a full majority in R2 though. Danny seems to have more than enough speed to dodge an arrow, and Merlyn won't be able to get off that many shots before Danny closes the gap. At that point Danny's chi gives him a massive edge that Merlyn's slight skill and base physical advantage won't close at all.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Wow, that's pretty straight forward bullet-timing. I'll stick with Malcolm for R1, but with much more difficulty since I was thinking he had a solid speed advantage. Malcolm has a bullet-timing feat as well, so I don't think it's enough to actually give Danny the win, but it'll significantly lessen Merlyn's margin of victory.

That's enough for Danny to probably take a full majority in R2 though. Danny seems to have more than enough speed to dodge an arrow, and Merlyn won't be able to get off that many shots before Danny closes the gap. At that point Danny's chi gives him a massive edge that Merlyn's slight skill and base physical advantage won't close at all.

Here's the other scene.

No Caption Provided
Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Malcolm can even lay a finger on Danny is insane. Oliver can't land a finger on Danny, and the king jobber is gonna get put down within 15 seconds, both rounds.

el-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny wins both round less than 10 seconds , he reacted and deflected a bullet with is fist

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny both rds

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Iron Fist, but barely

Round 2: Iron Fist in a stomp

Avatar image for almightyamortal
AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Malcolm.

Round 2: Danny.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Fist round 2. Round 2 is hard to say, he has a bullet timing feat but was generally worried about guns and although the fight with Harold was clearly PIS I'm not sure everything leading up to it was and he was still pinned down by gunners. Also despite his reflexes he doesn't have many running/movement speed feats which is important for dodging multiple arrows.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danny takes both rounds handily

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, the Iron Fist wank is strong...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: look at this thread... People claiming that Iron Fist stomps, that he will win in 10 seconds, that Merlyn won't lay a finger on him... it's completely ridiculous...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: oh. Well people have their opinions. personally I was more shocked when people said he could beat Bucky and cap

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: Apparently Danny is so skilled that no street level character can beat him. I have no idea why people think he is so damn skilled, but oh well...

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RBT

Malcolm takes R1, R2 could go either way depending on distance and gear.

liqmidiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
deactivated-59d29c479f1ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: When IF came out Komboing was the 1# wanker of Danny Rand. He said he would stomp Oliver with trick arrows I think at one point as well.

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dirtytree333: nope, I said with trick Arrows Ollie would win, but again, if you actually think Oliver would beat Danny, that's your opinion, but you're wrong :P

And as for this thread, Malcolm couldn't lay a finger on Oliver, never mind Danny.

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: I've explained why lol, you haven't listened. The feat of him becoming the Iron Fist is a greater feat than anything Ollie has done. He has beat some of marvels best named fighters, all of whom are shown to be amazing on the show.

And Malcolm *once again* loses to Sara, can't lay a finger on Oliver, and will not last 15 seconds against Danny, which is only 5 less than he did against Ollie.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@komboing: You have explained why? Sure, but it's a piss poor explanation

You don't think Merlyn can lay a finger on Danny, while Danny was challenged in every single fight he had in the series? Random featless fodder tagged Danny and gave him a good fight, but sure Merlyn can't do something like that. Seems reasonable...

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: Meryn couldn't lay a finger on Oliver what are you talking about.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheSuperor

@komboing: That was a sword fight, and still Oliver>Danny

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it is very hard to judge Iron Fist’s abilities as a fighter. He did defeat the best fighters the hand had to offer, several hand soldiers, Davos, etc. But since the fighting scenes were lack luster, he does not seem that impressive. Daredevil does seem more impressive when compared to Danny but that is simply because his fights were better choreographed and filmed.

I think Danny would beat Malcom in both rounds (Current Malcom is not at all impressive), despite the failure in depicting Danny as a great fighter he did beat the Hand’s best fighters and in round 2 a single punch should take out Malcom. Not to mention when Danny dodged the bullet he wasn’t charged up or expecting the shot, his should but his speed well above Malcom’s.

Komboing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: well once again.. no he isn't lol, and second of all Oliver is better at h2h than at swords lol.

Oliver has never achieved a feat as great as Danny becoming the Iron Fist

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@komboing said:

@thesuperor: well once again.. no he isn't lol, and second of all Oliver is better at h2h than at swords lol.

Oliver has never achieved a feat as great as Danny becoming the Iron Fist

Danny has never achieved a feat as great as becoming heir to Ra's al ghul... You will need to come up with something better than that... Some feats for example, or is the problem that Oliver's feats outperforms Danny in every single way?

Oliver trained sword fighting with Ra's himself for weeks, making Ollie arguably the second best sword fighter in the Arrowverse and way better than Merlyn, it doesn't matter if Ollie is better h2h than he is with sword. The same argument could be made for Merlyn (that he is better h2h than with swords). Merlyn's h2h feats are at least as good as Danny's, but Merlyn has the speed advantage, the strength advantage and the advantage of fighting more well established fighters.

So tell me, why does Danny stomp Merlyn or Ollie for that matter? And don't use their comic book counter parts as an example as to why IF is the better fighter this time please... I will need to look at something Danny did in the show that puts him way above Merlyn and Ollie's league

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

IF both rounds

TraGiC_JoHNSoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IF because he killed a dragon off screen and his comic counterpart is better than Merlyn's.

TheStarWarsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By The_Justiciar
CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: @ithemanwithoutfeari: @the_magister: @thesuperor: @firestormfate1919:

Rd 1: Danny. I don't see how you can give H2H to Malcolm as he almost always fights with weapons and Danny never does. Also, Danny fights multiple attackers at the same time and Malcolm almost never does and when he does, again, it's with weapons.

Rd 2: Malcolm w/bow and arrows should win this, depending on the starting distance. If he has enough time to fire even 3 arrows, he'll kill Danny. If we're talking about Malcolm with a sword vs Danny with Chi, Malcolm will almost certainly lose as Danny can break the sword w/his IFist and still have enough Chi to one shot him.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: I just thought Danny's agility/reflexes would be enough to counter Malcolm's archery. You don't think it's enough?

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: I just thought Danny's agility/reflexes would be enough to counter Malcolm's archery. You don't think it's enough?

It's possible, but unlikely. He doesn't have full control over his zen reaction time abilities yet. I can see him blocking an arrow with his Chi, dodging another with his speed/reflexes, but the third one is going to land. And anything after that is going to land. Also, bear in mind, Malcolm has fired multiple arrows at the same time against Nyssa, trapping her, and her reflexes were fast enough to dodge arrows. The starting distance will determine the outcome of this fight. If they start 10-15 feet away, Danny will win. Anything more and you have to give it to Malcolm.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: Huh, I guess I do need to brush up on Malcolm's fights then. I'm inclined to agree with you here though, after thinking about it a bit.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: I think that's right...for now. Everything I just said could change after The Defenders mini-series, if we see Danny IFist block/dodge multiple Hand arrows.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cramandman: Yeah for sure, I'm excited to see his fighting style and physicals develop more in The Defenders.