#4 geekryan  Online

Could go either way tbh

MrGetMeBodied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can I just ask what the post fusion Unalaq thing is. Like I understand Vaatu fused with him, but if there is no avatar state there's no actual amp. Ya know like Wan fusing with Raava doesn't bring an amp other than allowing him to slowly get used to holding 4 elements.

MrGetMeBodied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also Not sure who would win here, They are both definitely masters. I think Iroh has more status to him, but Unalaq has more feats.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post fusion? Unalaq should win. The OP says no DA state, but does he really fight without that post fusion?

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unalaq

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cocacolaman  Moderator

Can I just ask what the post fusion Unalaq thing is. Like I understand Vaatu fused with him, but if there is no avatar state there's no actual amp. Ya know like Wan fusing with Raava doesn't bring an amp other than allowing him to slowly get used to holding 4 elements.

Post fusion? Unalaq should win. The OP says no DA state, but does he really fight without that post fusion?

Unalaq Post Fusion would be whatever he showed capable of doing without his eyes glowing red.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Avatar state can sometimes be active without glowing eyes though, like when Koyshi's eyes only glowed for a second when she moved the island. I'm not sure why he wouldn't actively use his powers when fighting Korra, but I suppose it's possible.

mantraxsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Una

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unalaq.

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cocacolaman  Moderator

@cocacolaman: Avatar state can sometimes be active without glowing eyes though, like when Koyshi's eyes only glowed for a second when she moved the island. I'm not sure why he wouldn't actively use his powers when fighting Korra, but I suppose it's possible.

I'm of the opinion that Unalaq wasn't in the Dark Avatar State, given that nothing he did in his fight with Korra was at that scale and he actively entered that state towards the end of the fight.

As impressive as this was for Unalaq, it doesn't scream "Avatar State" to me, and based on the feats he showed in the fight, I don't think a fight with Iroh would be anything less than high dif for either side.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: You see Korra have her avatar state on for part of that video though, so even if he isn't using the dark avatar state (which I think he is supposed to be) he scales to Korra's avatar state, and thus wins this match.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cocacolaman  Moderator

@alextheboss: The only part where she's seen using the Avatar State was in an attack she threw that Unalaq dodged. It would horrendously mess up the power scaling of the fight if Unalaq scaled to AS Korra since Korra later overpowers him, requiring him to enter the DAS, which she then enters her AS to match. So if we know that they weren't always in the Avatar State, then we can only assume when they were besides the points when their eyes were glowing, but even then little to nothing they showed would be at a level that we'd expect from the Avatar State from a feats perspective.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: I just rewatched the fight. He first comepletely beats Korra, then she goes Avatar state and breaks out, they continue to fight and he holds his own, they get in a water struggle, his eyes turn red and he overpowers her. So either he was always in the DA state and just powered up even more at the end, or his power without the DA state is just above base Korra by a significant margin and can hold his own against the AS, which would also make him above Iroh regardless.

KaiserRebellion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle of the uncles.

Unalaq wins. Never seen iroh fight or keep up with a fully mastered avatar

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9
deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post-fusion? Poor Iroh gets stomped...

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unalaq stomp this. Pre-Fusion would win, post is just unfair.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Tektonic
@alextheboss said:

@cocacolaman: I just rewatched the fight. He first comepletely beats Korra, then she goes Avatar state and breaks out, they continue to fight and he holds his own, they get in a water struggle, his eyes turn red and he overpowers her. So either he was always in the DA state and just powered up even more at the end, or his power without the DA state is just above base Korra by a significant margin and can hold his own against the AS, which would also make him above Iroh regardless.

More so along this.

If you break Unalaq and Korra into two halves it's better.

Round 1: Unalaq doesn't use the Avatar State while Korra does twice. It could be that Unalaq is permanently stronger from fusing with Vaatu. But he is capable of keeping up with Korra's AS attacks without flashing himself.

Round 2: Neither are using the Avatar State, and Korra defeats him, forcing him to use it to break free, which in turn forces Korra to use hers. This is the clear point where neither are using it unless necessary. Than Vaatu hijinx ensues.

Either way Unalaq is performing ridiculously well. Which is where Post Fusion Unalaq as a term fits, because he was generally way outperforming any other showings of his prior to this fight.

Avatar image for landon_rogers00
Landon_Rogers00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unalaq has more feats so if we're going based on that alone he should win.

but Uncle Iroh was the 2nd best fire bender in ATLA, not to mention Fire benders who can generate lightning have an indistinct advantage over water benders who cover themselves in water, and we all know how that ended for Ming Hua.