Bonus: Old Toph joins sisters, Sozin's Comet is out

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Beifongs win.

Metalbending is something Iroh has very little experience with, even with basic knowledge, and he has no real counter to it. Iroh is also lacking in feats and mostly has statements/hype to back him up.

With Old Toph, even Sozin's Comet won't be enough to beat the Beifongs, since at least one of them can tag Iroh before he can take all 3 of them out.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By viking1205

Team takes Round 1, but Iroh takes roud 2 without much issues

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IndomitableRegal

I'll take Beifongs, both rounds, with round 2 being decidedly more difficult. The comet obviously gives Iroh a huge boost, but I can't recall him doing too much with it (other than that one scene where he takes awhile to charge up his blast). He'll have the power, but Iroh has always lacked mobility, something the Beifong family has a lot of.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beifongs in Round 1.

Iroh can only win Round 2 if he takes the duo or Toph out instantly. Otherwise, like Regal mentioned, his lack of mobility will be an issue against someone like Toph. He keeps up for a while due to the comet's power boost, but I'd say that unless he takes the sisters or Toph out right off the bat, he's not winning the majority.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 anthp2000  Moderator

Iroh would probably win the second round, but I see no way for him to take on both Lin and Suyin, much less in an environment with a reasonable amount of metal for them to use.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would give it to the Beifongs both rounds honestly.

DoTheTwist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont see how Iroh pulls a win even with the Comet. They just are too agile, tactical, and versatile. I could see him putting up a fight against the Duo for quite a bit, even blowing them both away with the comet; but Toph adds another dimension to this battle he has no way of countering.

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sisters. They counter him pretty well. While Iroh is very fast, they are far too agile for him to stand up against.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beifong sisters end that Iroh hype. Even scaling him to Zuko or Azula in the comics won't give him a win against both Beifong's. Metal is extremely useful against fire bending too.

MrGetMeBodied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing Iroh has is lightning, but he doesn't have instant-lightning like Mako, so I'm not sure how effective it would be. Lin and Su wins round one, but round 2 is obviously Iroh.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

R1: Beifong Sisters

R2: Iroh

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: The Beifong sisters would win the majority and their teamwork is pretty good.

Round 2: I think the Beifongs have a chance on the bonus round if they go for incapacitation, distraction and sneak attacks. Facing him head on they would be burnt to a crisp. But tunneling, seismic sense, metal lockdowns, solid teamwork etc could work.

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Beifong sisters are extremely powerful and easily Top 5 LOK earth benders IMO (Top 6-8 in all of Avatar IMO)

I definitely favor them over Iroh (third round as well with Toph) he won’t go down easily tho.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374
deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beifongs in one, not sure about r 3, they still might win.

r 1: beifongs

r 2: not sure

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

Beifongs win.

Metalbending is something Iroh has very little experience with, even with basic knowledge, and he has no real counter to it. Iroh is also lacking in feats and mostly has statements/hype to back him up.

With Old Toph, even Sozin's Comet won't be enough to beat the Beifongs, since at least one of them can tag Iroh before he can take all 3 of them out.

How do you think the beifongs are gonna win in R2?, Thier defense and offense would be useless against comet Fire.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: thier mobility with cables wouldn't let them last long against AOE with the comet, we saw how large the attacks from zuko and Azula were, he's more powerful than that.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:
@geekryan said:

Beifongs win.

How do you think the beifongs are gonna win in R2?, Thier defense and offense would be useless against comet Fire.

Environmental attacks would be the most effective strategy against a Comet-amped Iroh

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

@indomitableregal: thier mobility with cables wouldn't let them last long against AOE with the comet, we saw how large the attacks from zuko and Azula were, he's more powerful than that.

More powerful based on what exactly? I don't recall any real notable power feats from him, comet or not. He has one good showing with the comet, and he had to charge it first.

Also, really? 2 months? 2 months later you want to argue this with me? Statute of limitations lol.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Aystarr

@geekryan:

Environmental attacks would be the most effective strategy against a Comet-amped Iroh

I see, but the chances of them winning with anything like that is very low against comet Iroh. He would definitely take a majority

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

More powerful based on what exactly? I don't recall any real notable power feats from him, comet or not. He has one good showing with the comet, and he had to charge it first.

What do you mean?, We see how large basic blasts from zuko, azula and some other fodders below him were, are you saying he cant do anything like that?, He has a very high combat speed and is able to launch multiple attack swiftly and by implication is more skilled than zuko. This enhanced by the comet with quick lightning is too OP for the sisters to handle, suyin/Lin couldn't dodge up to 6 CMBs , what are they going to do against multiple AOE comet fire. Toph is old, she has no mobility, and her defense would be literally obliterated by any attack from comet Iroh.

Also, really? 2 months? 2 months later you want to argue this with me? Statute of limitations lol.

Yes, I am beyond the boundaries of time itself, everything is an illusion.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

@geekryan:

I see, but the chances of them winning with anything like that is very low against comet Iroh. He would definitely take a majority

Considering he's kinda slower than Toph, Lin, and Suyin, and he's outnumbered, I'm not sure he could take all 3 of them out before one of them just uses an environmental attack on him.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By IndomitableRegal

@aystarr said:
@indomitableregal said:
@aystarr said:

What do you mean?, We see how large basic blasts from zuko, azula and some other fodders below him were, are you saying he cant do anything like that?, He has a very high combat speed and is able to launch multiple attack swiftly and by implication is more skilled than zuko. This enhanced by the comet with quick lightning is too OP for the sisters to handle, suyin/Lin couldn't dodge up to 6 CMBs , what are they going to do against multiple AOE comet fire. Toph is old, she has no mobility, and her defense would be literally obliterated by any attack from comet Iroh.

Yes, I am beyond the boundaries of time itself, everything is an illusion.

Okay...so what you're saying is...you're just giving him the benefit of the doubt? He gets a lot of credit due to the Dragon of the West title, but honestly he was never overly impressive. I mean he's skilled and all that -- even though you literally just said "by implication" -- but none of what you said addresses my question, so again: based on what? Where are these power showings that make him so formidable? Y'all kill Jeong Jeong for lacking feats but give Iroh a pass because he has good tea and advice.

Big blast =/= AoE, but regardless, why are we acting like that's this almighty be all end all. They're metalbenders. Metal can stand up to and penetrate fire. When Toph used her quick metal suit on the airship, she completely no sold the fire blasts. When Aang made his rock sphere against Ozai, it was holding up to repeated blasts and streams of fire, a lot of it point blank. And these were all under comet conditions. But Iroh is just gonna blow through all they're metal with no chance for them to counter? I doubt it.

Old Bones Toph wiped out Kuvira's whole battalion -- mechas and all -- with a single attack when they had Lin, Su, Wing, and Wei all pinned down. And she was toying with weakened Korra when they faced off (and showed mobility there). I'm not even considering her as a huge factor, but she is still a factor nonetheless.

Hama's old, too. Keep that same energy.

2 bloody months. The nerve. The audacity. Everything's an illusion...Okay watch me disappear - pear - pear -pe...

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lin & Suyin

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: old toph beat fodder not thar impressive and hama isn't that impressive

Name pakku(80+) and Bumi(110) when mentioning impressive old people.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy batbump Batman what did iroh do to you

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sisters, they counter Iroh and individually either would put up a struggle.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: old toph beat fodder not thar impressive and hama isn't that impressive

Name pakku(80+) and Bumi(110) when mentioning impressive old people.

Dude. What in the fresh frozen hell are you on about? You do this constantly. You find some thread from years ago and want to argue with people. I could not care less about new opinions on my debate from over 2 years ago -- one that you were not involved in and clearly didn't actually read through based on your almost completely irrelevant response. Never mind the fact that I just straight up disagree with you.

Go look through recent threads for once. 💀

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: iroh and azula both overrated and azula can't beat both either at the same time