How? (I think he could take him too.)

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MrDirector786

I think Ozai because he seems more powerful and Iroh stated himself that he doesn't think he could have beaten him.

DaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DaMan

Didn't they already fight before? Either way, i still think Ozai would win even though I like Iroh more. 

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6  Edited By The_Martian

We never really saw what Ozai could do when he wasn't boosted by the comet.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Korg

Iroh was a more creative and innovative firebender. The reason he never challenged Ozai is that he didn't want to kill his own brother. Out of character, Iroh's abilities and control should give him an easy win. He learned from the last dragons. He taught himself how to redirect lightning by watching waterbenders, which was unthought of before he did it. He was one of the most powerful and resourceful benders in the entire series. Ozai was just a guy who used firebending to destroy and spread fear. Iroh could probably undermine his base, and take him out without even killing him.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By gunswordfist
@MrDirector786 said:
" I think Ozai because he seems more powerful and Iroh stated himself that he doesn't think he could have beaten him. "
But that confuses me. Iroh packed on muscles, apparently has spirit powers or something and can reverse lightning. In all honestly, I think it would be a curbstomp. Oh and I think the writers said that to make Iroh seem like the shiznight before he fought Aang. Ozai freezing up and getting scared when Aang looked like he was going to lightning fry his ass says otherwise...@Nobody said:
" We never really saw what Ozai could do when he wasn't boosted by the comet. "
He could fireball his own child while he's defenseless on the ground and then get his ass kicked by him later...Oh wait I mean, Ozai can sit on his ass and live off of the achievements of grandfather and father.....oh and little daughter since she brought down Ba Sing Se...okay okay I'm done with the Ozai jokes. lol
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gunswordfist
@Korg said:
" Iroh was a more creative and innovative firebender. The reason he never challenged Ozai is that he didn't want to kill his own brother. Out of character, Iroh's abilities and control should give him an easy win. He learned from the last dragons. He taught himself how to redirect lightning by watching waterbenders, which was unthought of before he did it. He was one of the most powerful and resourceful benders in the entire series. Ozai was just a guy who used firebending to destroy and spread fear. Iroh could probably undermine his base, and take him out without even killing him. "
Oh yeah Iroh's dragon skills....man this is a SERIOUS rapeslautherhouse. And let's not forget that Iroh can bend and break metal bars and swing boulders....jesus christ, the guy is like the best overpowered character ever. lol
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Korg
Iroh was far and away my favorite character in the series. I miss Mako... The Iroh story from "The Tales of Ba Sing Se" is probably my favorite piece of character insight/development in the series, and the dedication at the end is heartbreaking.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gunswordfist
@Korg said:
"
Iroh was far and away my favorite character in the series. I miss Mako... The Iroh story from "The Tales of Ba Sing Se" is probably my favorite piece of character insight/development in the series, and the dedication at the end is heartbreaking.
"
Yeah that Tales Of Ba Sing Se Iroh scene was so sad...I miss Mako too. He voiced Aku in Samurai Jack which is my absolute favorite cartoon.

And I wish Iroh had gotten a lot more screentime in season 3. I expected to see them to show Iroh's trip to the Spirit World and him in flashbacks with his son and his brother. Oh and did you notice that the ONLY time Iroh and Ozai have been in the same room is when Ozai fireballed Zuko's face?????

TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TelekineticSun

I pick The Dragon of the West for the win.

JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JThree47693

Iroh. He has been to the spirit wrld and hes not even an avatar. He has studied waterbending and created a technique using their movements. Ozai isnt on Irohs level in my opinion. Iroh wuld win hands down.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@JThree47693 said:
"Iroh. He has been to the spirit wrld and hes not even an avatar. He has studied waterbending and created a technique using their movements. Ozai isnt on Irohs level in my opinion. Iroh wuld win hands down. "

I agree. It would be a hard fight for either of them but with Iroh having studied arts outside of firebending, and being able to apply it could give him an edge.
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Theracles

There is no way Ozai can win.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Korg
@Theracles said:
" There is no way Ozai can win. "
He could easily play on Iroh's weakness for family to distract him, and take him out with a cheap shot. Not a fun battle scenario, but Ozai can definitely win.
Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Theracles
@Korg said:
" @Theracles said:
He could easily play on Iroh's weakness for family to distract him, and take him out with a cheap shot. Not a fun battle scenario, but Ozai can definitely win.
"
That may be if his character morals apply however if not this is a definite win for Iroh.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Korg
@Theracles said:
"That may be if his character morals apply however if not this is a definite win for Iroh. "
I agree.

@Korg
said:
" Iroh was a more creative and innovative firebender. The reason he never challenged Ozai is that he didn't want to kill his own brother. Out of character, Iroh's abilities and control should give him an easy win. He learned from the last dragons. He taught himself how to redirect lightning by watching waterbenders, which was unthought of before he did it. He was one of the most powerful and resourceful benders in the entire series. Ozai was just a guy who used firebending to destroy and spread fear. Iroh could probably undermine his base, and take him out without even killing him. "

sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sevennames27

Iroh for the win.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King Saturn
Iroh should win here
wolverine54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By wolverine54

iroh should  win here

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gunswordfist
@Korg said:
" @Theracles said:
He could easily play on Iroh's weakness for family to distract him, and take him out with a cheap shot. Not a fun battle scenario, but Ozai can definitely win. "

No, that would just piss off Iroh.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Korg said:
QFT

The thing about Iroh is that he is constantly learning, evolving, changing his views and perceptions of the world. In his old age he certainly has lost some of his aggressiveness, but when the time is necessary for ferocity his is unmatched. The one prison guard said it was unlike anything he had ever seen when Iroh broke out of prison. Along with the fact that he didn't want to kill his own brother he also recognized that it was not his destiny to challenge Ozai, it was Zuko's and it was explicitly important for Zuko to do so. Iroh is a very wise and experienced man and perhaps his greatest asset is his ability to think outside the box. I also like how you mention he learned the more efficient firebending technique form the Dragons, which is better than the anger driven technique most firebenders employ. The fact is that Iroh has so many characteristics and qualities that give hi the advantage, Ozai is single-minded and has a sense of entitlement. In a fight between these two Iroh comes out on top.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gunswordfist
@Lunacyde said:
" @Korg said:
QFT  The thing about Iroh is that he is constantly learning, evolving, changing his views and perceptions of the world. In his old age he certainly has lost some of his aggressiveness, but when the time is necessary for ferocity his is unmatched. The one prison guard said it was unlike anything he had ever seen when Iroh broke out of prison. Along with the fact that he didn't want to kill his own brother he also recognized that it was not his destiny to challenge Ozai, it was Zuko's and it was explicitly important for Zuko to do so. Iroh is a very wise and experienced man and perhaps his greatest asset is his ability to think outside the box. I also like how you mention he learned the more efficient firebending technique form the Dragons, which is better than the anger driven technique most firebenders employ. The fact is that Iroh has so many characteristics and qualities that give hi the advantage, Ozai is single-minded and has a sense of entitlement. In a fight between these two Iroh comes out on top. "

True. Iroh rapeslaughterhouse.
GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By GTG12

Iroh definently
Avatar image for jedisupermaster
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jedisupermaster

Iroh stomps.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pooty

@King Saturn said:

Iroh should win here
HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By HolySerpent

I can everyone say iroh wins when he doesnt even know he can beat him. We don't even know powerful ozai is without the comet. Only thing we know about ozai abilities is he shoots the fastest lighting bolts. We really can't say who would win

Avatar image for jedisupermaster
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jedisupermaster

@HolySerpent said:

I can everyone say iroh wins when he doesnt even know he can beat him. We don't even know powerful ozai is without the comet. Only thing we know about ozai abilities is he shoots the fastest lighting bolts. We really can't say who would win

Iroh redirect Ozais fast lightning bolts back to him, then Ozai dies. The end.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pooty

@HolySerpent: We really can't say who would win

That goes for nearly every battle on the vine. Who would win Cap America vs Black Panther vs Batman? It can go either way at any time. But we have seen more of Iroh's feats and abilities and sometimes thats all you can go on.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai wins this fight. Ozai is the more powerful bender, just look at the series finale, he showed way more raw power than Iroh did. Even if Iroh got the chance to kill Ozai, he's too forgiving, he'd hesitate just like Aang did, Ozai wouldn't think twice about killing his older brother.

Lastly, it was specifically stated, twice in fact, that Ozai was the most powerful firebender in the world, after Aang of course.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Iroh.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Wolverine008

I think Iroh could have taken Ozai.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh. Even if ozai was a serious match for full powered aang, it was mainly due to the comet. Iroh is not only a great firebender, he also knows lightening redirection. Ozai has the speed and agility advantage, but I wouldn't say that's enough to win it, considering iroh can stand in place and reply with equally strong firebending.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh.Also one of my favorites as well

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. Iroh just didn't want to.

He's more skilled, has better destructive feats, maintains a clearer head in battle and is more creative.

Ozai was screwed when Aang redirected his lighting - similar would happen to Iroh here.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

This. Iroh just didn't want to.

He's more skilled, has better destructive feats, maintains a clearer head in battle and is more creative.

Ozai was screwed when Aang redirected his lighting - similar would happen to Iroh here.

That, and Iroh just didn't want any of the glory from it. He seemed to want the Avatar to fulfill his destiny.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai gets a scar just like his son's.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: Lmao.

As much as I love The Dragon of the West, Iroh himself stated he didn't think he could beat his brother.

It's also specifically stated he was the most powerful firebender on the planet.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: The fact to the matter is Iroh said he was weaker than Ozai. And it was specifically stated by characters and creators alike, as well ad being very heavily implied, Ozai was the most powerful firebender and one of the most powerful benders period.

However, Iroh's feat of one shorting Ba Sing Se's giant walls was really impressive.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: I thought he said he wasn't sure if he could beat him. That would mean they're closely matched but Ozai has no feats outside of the Comet so unless he gets flashbacks in LOK, I'm sticking with Iroh.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Even if I did defeat Ozai, and I don't know if I could"

I'm gonna go with Iroh, though it's not even really fair since we've obviously seen much more of him than we have Ozai. He doesn't say one way or the other who he thinks would win, but rather says he just doesn't know. I think him being able to redirect Ozai's lightning is also a solid advantage for him here, whereas Ozai can't do the same.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh, he's much more innovative with his techniques.

The dude created his own technique just by watching waterbenders. That's a pretty sweet feat.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for super_sayian_beyonder
Super_Sayian_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh wins.

He wanted Aang to defeat Ozai, I'm pretty sure that if Iroh knew he had the power to destroy Ozai easily he would've said the same exact thing. And I'm pretty sure he knew he had the power to do that.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol....feats for Iroh?

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers