No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'd bet on Kya, although General Iroh was an impressive firebender. It'd be an interesting fight.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh 2 > Kya

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found Iroh II to be the overall more impressive fighter, and morals off, he'll use lightning, which we haven't seen Kya counter. Correct me if I'm wrong, but while Kya did block some of Ghazan and Ming-Hua's attacks, we haven't see her block something like lightning or combustion bending. Iroh II also has his firejets, and although they won't be quite as effective in the Crystal Catacombs, it's still a good skill that can be put to use.

However, I'll take Kya in Round 2 because of the environmental advantages.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take the general of the strongest military in the world over someone who never actually trained in fighting.

ElissaS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 - Iroh II due to lightning, since Kya wasn't shown defending against it

Round 2 - Environment favors Kya

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ANTHP2000

I mean, water absorbs electricity and stops it. Which is why Katara could effectively defend against Azula's lightning bending under the Comet. Waterbenders are much more well suited to defending against lightning than others, so I don't think that's going to be deciding against Kya.

@cocacolaman said:

I'll take the general of the strongest military in the world over someone who never actually trained in fighting.

That someone who never actually trained in fighting also took on two of the most dangerous bending assassins in the world and held her own fine. I'm not saying Iroh can't win, but this is a weak argument.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By chloros

I mean, water absorbs electricity and stops it. Which is why Katara could effectively defend against Azula's lightning bending under the Comet. Waterbenders are much more well suited to defending against lightning than others, so I don't think that's going to be deciding against Kya.

I think people always get the picture of Ming-Hua being electrocuted by Mako when a water verse lightning match comes up. But it is different with attachment water. Unless he catches her with a spout or water arm or something she should be able to defend.

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ANTHP2000

@chloros: Could be. What's even funnier is that he could not even electrocute Ming Hua herself; he specifically zapped the lake her body was connected to for the first time. It could be any other bender who cannot redirect lightning standing on that lake and the result would be the same, lol. It wasn't about water and not even about that specific waterbender, it was purely about the environment.

Obviously it goes both ways; waterbenders should be careful to not use some techniques against a lightning bender. But it doesn't change that they also possess the most effective defence against lightning. I think it cancels out in a way. I actually think Kya's omnidirectional water rings would work well as a quick and automatic defence against a lightning bolt.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say Kya for both rounds actually. I don't remember Iroh in actual bending fights, just the plane scenes though.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Kya was getting low-diffed by Zaheer and Ming

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman said:

That someone who never actually trained in fighting also took on two of the most dangerous bending assassins in the world and held her own fine. I'm not saying Iroh can't win, but this is a weak argument.

Didn't get this tag for some reason. Anyway, Kya's fights against the Red Lotus didn't impress me personally.

Loading Video...

Zaheer starts out just trying to run. Once he fights back, he dodges her attack casually, knocks her down with a blast and is about to run away again before two guards distract him enough she can get back up. Zaheer dodges her attack again and knocks her down again. He runs away.

Loading Video...

Kya didn't really do anything here but dodge and block. Of the two times she threw an attack, only one was done with an actual water source, the other was a redirection which wouldn't help against a non-waterbender.

Granted Iroh doesn't have any skill feats given he was only relevant in the first book, there's plenty of reasons to believe that he's trained very well, and he has good physicals and power too.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374
deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iroh II is the most forgootten bender in the entre avatarverse imo. he stomps kya very, very hard.

some fo the best un-amped jets, probably the best.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

super large/quick, powerful, and hot fireblasts.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374
deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Iroh for me. His flight abilities with firebending are the best aside from Ozai and maybe Korra and one of them was the arguably the most powerful firebender of his day with Sozin's comet, and the other was in the Avatar State and enraged.

I think these feats are better than being mid-diffed by Zaheer.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

Iroh for me. His flight abilities with firebending are the best aside from Ozai and maybe Korra and one of them was the arguably the most powerful firebender of his day with Sozin's comet, and the other was in the Avatar State and enraged.

I think these feats are better than being mid-diffed by Zaheer.

I mean, Flight isn't an automatic win, Kya can still keep up and has shown her own mobility

No Caption Provided

+ She has good combat feats.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh r1

Kya r2

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd bet on Kya, although General Iroh was an impressive firebender. It'd be an interesting fight.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iroh II, from a feats standpoint he has every tool he needs to win. Given his standing as the general of the United Forces it makes it even less likely he would lose.

But Kya has superior dueling feats, even if she lost she has that.

Avatar image for jointhedarkseid
JoinTheDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

by portrayal iroh should stomp but by concrete dueling feats kya wins

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:

Iroh II, from a feats standpoint he has every tool he needs to win. Given his standing as the general of the United Forces it makes it even less likely he would lose.

But Kya has superior dueling feats, even if she lost she has that.

Her feats aren't good though.. Getting almost stomped in the 2 times she fought..

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: Definitely not "stomped" plus it was by two of the best benders in TLOK overall.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: Definitely not "stomped" plus it was by two of the best benders in TLOK overall.

She got borderline stomped. And no, they aren't close to the best benders. Zaheer suck compared to the Airbending kids at the time and that isn't factoring in Tenzin and Korra.

Ming is a slightly above Average waterbender. She is skillful, sure but she is dumb. And Kya got bodied by her.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: lol ming hua is “slightly above average”? alright then.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: lol ming hua is “slightly above average”? alright then.

She did nothing that indicate otherwise

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: You can't be serious, name another waterbender as ridiculously agile in combat while maintaining the same level of power and accuracy. She's also displayed like 3 or 4 different waterbending techniques simultaneously. watch the show again.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: You can't be serious, name another waterbender as ridiculously agile in combat while maintaining the same level of power and accuracy. She's also displayed like 3 or 4 different waterbending techniques simultaneously. watch the show again.

She could be more than slightly above average if she wasn't so fricken dumb. Did you even watch the show. Besides her water arm technique, she is just slightly above average in everything else. And her water arm tehcnique is easily counterable.

She is also hindered a lot if she isn't in an ideal place to fight.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@sineyaprime said:

She could be more than slightly above average if she wasn't so fricken dumb. Did you even watch the show. Besides her water arm technique, she is just slightly above average in everything else. And her water arm tehcnique is easily counterable.

She is also hindered a lot if she isn't in an ideal place to fight.

ha