User Lists: 0

Round 1:

• In character
  • Prep Time is one day
  • No knowledge
  • No Chi for Davos
  • Win by KO, Surrender, or Submission

Round 2:

• Same rules from last round, but Davos gets Chi and Morals are off, also Win by KO, Or Death

Who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7
deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

bump.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't seen season 2, did Davos get any vastly superior feats? Because otherwise Ip wins round 1, but the Chi makes it supremely unbalanced in Davos' favor in R2.

Also, the choreography in the Ip Man movies are sooooooo much better

FromBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only seen season 1 as well. From that, Ip man takes R1 in a stomp.

And tbh, chi is pointless if you can't even hit your opponent. Based off S1 feats ip man wins that fight too.
If anyone can post good S2 feats for davos ill be open to changing my answer

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ip man

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

IP Man both rounds. Both Walker and Danny managed to avoid the Fist by outmaneuvering Davos, granted they used their agility but IP’s locks and holds will prove more than sufficient.

Round 1 is a stomp.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7
deactivated-5bd0d99b6c6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii: How can can you say unbalanced when you haven’t watched S2? I suggest you watch S2 of Iron Fist before coming to that conclusion. I’m not saying that Davos wins or anything, or Ip Man winning for a matter of fact, but Please at least look at season 2.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii: How can can you say unbalanced when you haven’t watched S2? I suggest you watch S2 of Iron Fist before coming to that conclusion. I’m not saying that Davos wins or anything, or Ip Man winning for a matter of fact, but Please at least look at season 2.

...Because I saw Danny decimate entire rooms with AOE attacks? Ip Man is really, really good, but the one thing he lacks is durability, and I don't see him avoiding a straight up ground-pound.

If Davos can't do that, then Ip could take both rounds.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@thetruthiii: Davos can and does do that but Walker and IIRC Danny managed to avoid it by preemptively dodging/finding cover before his Fist hit the ground.

It should be noted though that Davos only did this when he was outnumbered so I don’t think it will come into play here.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii: Davos can and does do that but Walker and IIRC Danny managed to avoid it by preemptively dodging/finding cover before his Fist hit the ground.

It should be noted though that Davos only did this when he was outnumbered so I don’t think it will come into play here.

Ip is slower than Danny in travel and maybe even reflex speed, so he probably won't be able to find cover. And there's no prior knowledge, so he's a sitting duck if Davos tries an AOE attack.

If Ip Man can incap him before he resorts to doing it then he can likely win. I just don't know how often Davos does anything besides wild Iron-Fist haymakers

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@thetruthiii:

‘Ip is slower than Danny in travel and maybe even reflex speed, so he probably won't be able to find cover.’

I’d argue these points but it isn’t necessary, IP isn’t slower than Walker and she did just fine. Sure she had prior knowledge but he can put two and two together, still this likely wouldn’t happen.

‘And there's no prior knowledge, so he's a sitting duck if Davos tries an AOE attack.’

I doubt he’d try it since as I’ve said he’s only done it to scatter people when he’s outnumbered plus at the start of fights he doesn’t even use the Fist, normally pulling it out when he needs to or to finish someone off when they’re at his mercy. I doubt he’d even get the chance to use it properly given IP’s combat speed, locks and superior technical skill.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Davos stomps.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii:

‘Ip is slower than Danny in travel and maybe even reflex speed, so he probably won't be able to find cover.’

I’d argue these points but it isn’t necessary, IP isn’t slower than Walker and she did just fine.

‘And there's no prior knowledge, so he's a sitting duck if Davos tries an AOE attack.’

I doubt he’d try it since as I’ve said he’s only done it to scatter people when he’s outnumbered plus at the start of fights he doesn’t even use the Fist, normally pulling it out when he needs to or to finish someone off when they’re at his mercy. I doubt he’d even get the chance to use it properly given IP’s combat speed, locks and superior technical skill.

When you say "finding cover", I imagine Danny backflipping behind a stone block or something. Ip Man has very fast combat speed and amazing skill, but he's a little past his prime and isn't particularly agile. He never incorporates acrobatics or leaps into his fights, so I think Danny could find cover faster than he can. Not sure about Walker.

Can't argue with the 2nd poin since I haven't seen season 2. Ip Man does like elbow blocks, if he does one at the wrong time it would shatter every bone in his arm

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 IP God stomps.

Round 2 Davos ONLY because of the fist.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

IP Man both rounds. Both Walker and Danny managed to avoid the Fist by outmaneuvering Davos, granted they used their agility but IP’s locks and holds will prove more than sufficient.

Round 1 is a stomp.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Alavanka

Tough call. Ip Man is a terrible real-life fighter kung fu teacher who gets films with great choreography. Iron Fist is a fictional OP as heck fighter who gets film with mediocre choreography.

Round 1 Ip Man.

Round 2 Davos. He punched a literal hole through someone.

Matthew660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Matthew660

Round 1 ip man molests

Round 2 Davos molests

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points