Infinity War Trio tries to stop Statue Hax Force Superman

Blueshoecant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Infinity War Trio tries to stop Statue Hax Force Superman (203 votes)

The Trio wins 16%
Thor solos after IW 48%
Supes still blitzes, snapping their necks 33%
Stalemate 1%
Results 1%

Stormbreaker Thor, Nano Ironman and Hulk

Thor replaces Diana

Tony replaces Cyborg

Hulk swapped places with Arthur

They jump on him at the same time.

No Caption Provided

• 
Triplek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aweirdgamer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Aweirdgamer1

Thor solos ?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor solos

X

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

To anyone who thinks he snaps their necks, if he didn't do it while facing the JL when his morals were off, why would he do it here?

Either way, he really can't out-muscle Thor, Tony, and Hulk at the same time

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531dce659a2
deactivated-5c531dce659a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor probably Solo's.

Hulk and Tony can't do anything here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of these guys are even supersonic...

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: Pretty sure this is Clark trying to essentially tank their attacks like he did Diana, Cyborg, and Arthur. Trying to tank Stormbreaker ends badly for Clark

X

Avatar image for thorisomnipoten
Thorisomnipoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman would probably try and take Stormbreaker like Thanos did and pay the price for it...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the point of this is him tanking all 3 he dies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol....what are they supposed to do? None of them is half as strong as he is and no where near as fast.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Did you not watch Infinity war? Thor is multiple times stronger than Clark atm

X

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

How original.

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CyberpunkCop

What??? how does Thor solo

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@DammeFavour: Did you not watch Infinity war? Thor is multiple times stronger than Clark atm

X

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: yeah of course he is. Let's just ignore the pod doing all the work and the fact that Thor could easily be replaced by an anchor or the fact that it's an OUTLIER

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour:

How is the pod doing all the work exactly? Thor has to pull against the pod to push the rings, but that doesn’t mean the pod is doing the work

An outlier right after he received an amp?

X

Avatar image for thorisomnipoten
Thorisomnipoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: yeah of course he is. Let's just ignore the pod doing all the work and the fact that Thor could easily be replaced by an anchor or the fact that it's an OUTLIER

An outlier is when something contradicts the normal trend of things. During Infinity War, Thor received a power-boost. Nothing contradicts the normal trend of things during Infinity War.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: yea the pod is doing all the work proven by the fact that without rocket accelerating, Thor would have had no hope in hell of moving anything. He was stuck till rocket did his thing.

This amp seems to be in your imagination. This is the same Thor from TDW and ragnarok, he only started using lightning without his hammer in ragnarok, there was no amp, it has no in-universe basis

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: Thor isn't stronger than Supes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorisomnipoten: I'm sorry, what power boost? You actually have to provide an in-universe explanation for that instead of baseless head canon

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xzone

@DammeFavour: Because Thor can’t fly to generate his own thrust... Really clear

X

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO They are even slower. Superman 7/10.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark can’t hurt Thor

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without plot Superman would destroy these guys hes way faster and stronger Thors lightning will do nothing to him IM gets ripped to pieces and Hulk is fodder here

YOA_501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the same result as the JL Superman is too fast and strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: why would he be needing to generate thrust? If he could, wouldn't he just push it?

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Yes, that’s my point. If Thor could fly he could simply push the ring, but he can’t, so he needed to use the pod to push off of

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@georgewbush: I think that’s a little far... Superman can definitely hurt Thor

X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: that's like the dumbest thing I've heard from you. Being capable of flight won't help if he can't even budge it a bit. And considering how fast he was moving before he got stuck, flight would have done nothing. Like I said, replace Thor with an anchor and the same thing would happen, the anchor wouldn't need to generate it's own thrust would it?

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

X

No he is not and why you keep saying that is beyond me.

OT: Team

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By xzone

@rem: Because he has better strength feats? How can you even deny what’s seen on-screen is beyond me

Edit: Here’s my explanation

Ring Feat:

For proving this, I'm gonna be using some of the commentary from Avengers: Infinity War. I believe these Director's comments are valid in reinforcing what was said and seen On-Screen

Now, many have claimed that Thor only had to break the ice because the rings moved on their own after the ice was broken, hence the machine was doing most of the work. I'm going to explain why that's incorrect:

Etri: You'll have to restart the forge. Awaken the heart of a dying star

Thor: Rabbit, fire up the pod

What we can take from this dialogue is that the forge needed to be restarted, obviously, and that they needed to move the rings to restart it. Not once is the ice mentioned here, and what that leads me to believe is that the rings needed to be moved to kick start/restart the engine, very similar to how you pull a cord on a lawn mower to get the engine going

This scene was meant to be visually stunning, showing the incredible power of Thor. This is further proven by the Director's comments made while Thor was moving the rings (IW Commentary)

Joe Russo: And, Thor, one of the things I loved about him as a kid was the fact that he was a god. And that his abilities were god-like. And this is like the Trials of Hercules

Mcfeely: Right

Joe Russo: He has to do something insanely difficult that requires as insane display of power that very few people in the universe could pull off

What I take from this is that this scene was supposed to display Thor's god-like abilities. Joe Russo even compares this ring feat to the trials of Hercules and says that very few people in the universe could pull this off

Rocket: I don't think you get the scientifics here. You wanna get those things moving you're gonna need something a lot bigger to yank em loose

Thor: Leave that to me

Rocket: Leave it to you? Buddy, you're in space, all you got is a rope and ah....

Clearly Rocket is saying Thor needs to move the rings here

Summary:

I believe that all of this evidence together proves that Thor did in fact move these rings and that the engine was not working before he kick started it, so Thor was not assisted in any way by the engine

X

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DammeFavour: Yeah, you’re intentionally misunderstanding here. Have a nice day

X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone: let me try explaining it to you this way, superman can fly generating his own thrust, if he wasn't strong enough to lift that building in jl, his thrust or flight whatever would be useless.

But as always, you're claiming Thor could push the rings without help from rockets pod if only he could fly with no basis whatsoever, what am I misunderstanding?

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, Superman could replicate the Rings feat. All he has to do is act like an anchor, and let Rocket do his thing. And people act like Thor actually moved the rings, he barely even did, they started moving freely on their own as soon as that ice formation got shattered. Hell, I'd argue even the Hulk could replicate the feat in question. However, can Thor lift the rings or move them on his own? No. Can Superman & Hulk? No. Moving and lifting are two different things.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@xzone said:

Thor solos

X

Why'd you edit your comment?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel this is a bit relevant, even if Thor was just an anchor. He got like 3 feats from Nidavellir that put him on another tier altogether for strength and energy durability.

@amcu said:

What were you judging their weight by? Cause size wise they would definitely be millions of tons if they were on earth. They're pretty clearly miles long.

For comparison this is how large the the Iris that Thor held open is. You can see Rocket's ship and a tiny dot thats Thor in comparison to it

No Caption Provided

And that whole thing is not even visible in comparison to the rings and the star.

No Caption Provided

Visually those rings are definitely extremely massive. For comparison a Gerald Ford Class Aircraft Carrier is merely 1,106 ft and weighs 100,000 tons. The Empire State Building is merely 1,454 ft and it weighs 365,000 tons.

The supervisor the oversees the company that did the VFX for Nidavellir stated that it was the size of a small moon. Link

"The space station where Eitri (Peter Dinklage) and his assembled dwarfs build the weapons for Asgardians and other species of the galaxy was the biggest build for Method Studios. “It had to be a rigged entity,” Steele underscores. “We have a software called mForge that allows us to build complex high-resolution assets that can be rigged up to move. Thor and Rocket have to get Nidavellir turning again so that they can open the Dyson sphere in the center of it to release the energy of the sun to light the forge that would melt the Uru needed to build the new hammer. It’s this whole Rube Goldberg-type of machine that we had to get going. It had to be extremely high resolution and working either a foot away from the surface to miles and miles away. It’s the size of a small moon.”

You can argue that it was in space but its still pretty clear that there was gravity since Thor dropped onto the rings.

Loading Video...

I think there's a lot of reason to think they'd bee millions of tons.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deltahuman

Tony: Non factor. Gets one shotted by HV

Hulk: Strongest one here physically but overall weaker than Aquaman by virtue of the Submarine feat. Not a significant threat.

Thor: Non factor if we don't take into account uncalculated outliers and focus on consistent feats (Much Much weaker than Superman by virtue of Tectonic plate feat )

Superman solos them as easily as he soloed the league

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trolls are getting desperate now

X

Chazzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Chazzer

Hulk and Thor separate the vertebrae in his neck.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@rem: Because he has better strength feats? How can you even deny what’s seen on-screen is beyond me

No ones “denying” what was seen on screen but you’re clearly overestimating thors abilities.

Rocket was obviously doing a good proportion of the ring feat considering the fact that Thor was actually trying to move it, he needed more power from rocket.

If you’ve ever lifted something, you’d know that pulling something requires far less strenth that actually lifting something above your sholders.

this is all ignoring the fact that thors ring feat is an obvious outlier. Superman consistsntly has better strenth feats than thor. Thor doesn’t have a single strenth feat that actually compares to the ring feat or any of Superman’s high end feats.

BlitzSikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don’t understand why superman didn’t use this speed against Doomsday . Batman and Wonder Woman were able to react to Doomsday so why didn’t superman just blitz? Is it bad writing?

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#48  Edited By Amendment50

@justicethorpsylocke said:

To anyone who thinks he snaps their necks, if he didn't do it while facing the JL when his morals were off, why would he do it here?

I'm not calling the fight one way or the other but I don't think this argument is very valid. Saying Superman was "morals off" is true to an extent but he wasn't bloodlusted, i.e., trying to kill everyone to the best of his ability. I don't think describing his fight against the Justice League that way is representative of what was really going on there. Superman was disoriented and aggravated but not really bloodthirsty. He did not even attempt to kill anyone except Batman, whom he recognized as having tried to kill him in the past. And he only attacked them after Cyborg inadvertently attacked him first. It's not the same type of situation as if Superman were really morals off like in the context of a normal battle thread.

That said under the conditions of this particular thread his morals aren't clearly defined in the first place.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem: tell me another physical strength feat from Thor that makes the ring feat an outlier

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem said:
@xzone said:

No ones “denying” what was seen on screen but you’re clearly overestimating thors abilities.

Rocket was obviously doing a good proportion of the ring feat considering the fact that Thor was actually trying to move it, he needed more power from rocket.

If you’ve ever lifted something, you’d know that pulling something requires far less strenth that actually lifting something above your sholders.

this is all ignoring the fact that thors ring feat is an obvious outlier. Superman consistsntly has better strenth feats than thor. Thor doesn’t have a single strenth feat that actually compares to the ring feat or any of Superman’s high end feats.

1) Don’t think so. The ring feat is pretty clear cut, and Clark’s best feat is around 10-20k tons IIRC

2) He needed more power to push against. Let me try and explain it this way. Imagine that Person A is pulling on one side of a rope that is fed through a hole in the top of a wall. Person B is on the other side of the wall holding the rope in his hands. Person B is trying to push the wall over by putting their feet up against the wall, and pulling with the rope Person A is holding. Now, if Person A is not pulling hard enough on Person B’s end of the rope it’s impossible for Person B to push the wall over

More or less, the pod had to be pulling hard enough for Thor to pull against the pod to push the ring, so Thor telling Rocket to use more power is just because he needed more power to push against

3) Of course, I don’t disagree with that at all, but pushing 100-200 thousand ton rings is>lifting 20 thousand tons (that’s lowballing Thor’s feat btw)

4) You literally said Thor doesn’t have consistent feats that stack up to Clark’s high end feats. Doesn’t that seem a little off? Anyways, it’s not an outlier because Thor recently got an amp, but Thor does have some decent feats, but ill post those when I have more time (if I remember)

I’m happy to debate this in a PM with you if you would like

X