Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Imagine 2 versions of Thor

- IW Thor at his prime and wielding Stormbreaker, EG Fat Thor wielding Stormbreaker and Mjolnir

- Takes place at the end of EG

- Bloodlusted

- Win by any means except bfr

- Start 50 ft apart

Oraculi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IW stomps Endgame Thor

Endgame Thor is too slow, gets tired too easily, can't take a beating as well as IW

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraculi said:

IW stomps Endgame Thor

Endgame Thor is too slow, gets tired too easily, can't take a beating as well as IW

What makes you say that? I agree with everything else tho

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:
@mattyboi said:
@oraculi said:

IW stomps Endgame Thor

What makes you say that? I agree with everything else tho

Tony already said Thor was in no condition to use the infinity gauntlet, so it could kill him. So IW Thor's durability > EG Thor's durability also, not only his speed or his strength.

Hmm ok fair enough.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BOC  Online

Been done.

I don't consider him nerfed physically, but IW Thor is more agile and I believe he performs better when he isn't duel wielding.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither's lighting will hurt each other so it comes down to whoever strikes with Stormbreaker first which is a toss up as there's no difference between speed and their skill is the exact same as well. Basically it doesn't matter who wins and it's borderline unanswerable.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame Thor has both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker, I’d put my money on him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: same for me EG has the extra weapon with better range and unlike IW he was going for the kill from the start and not trying to gloat before his kill.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: They can both wield it but it’s starts off with Endgame Thor, it’s a clear advantage for him imo. They’re not that far apart imo I think Mjolnir is a bigger difference than their physicality.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraculi said:

IW stomps Endgame Thor

what makes him slow lol? This is really a lame staments. How the hell is 20 pound fat slowing down a multthousand tonner asgardian God of thunder?

Also he has not shown any mobility or combat speed differnce in both instances. Whoever says endgame thor in the final battle was less impressive than IW is just flat out bullshiting. Literaly nothing suggests that.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:
@ready_4_madness said:

@erkan12: They can both wield it but it’s starts off with Endgame Thor, it’s a clear advantage for him imo. They’re not that far apart imo I think Mjolnir is a bigger difference than their physicality.

Mjolnir is also canonically weaker than Stormbreaker, I don't see how that is going to make a difference, especially when IW Thor can steal Mjolnir from EG Thor due to having better physical stats.

Give a single stat that IW thor has that is superior to final battle eg thor.

Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: just because it’s weaker, that doesn’t mean Mjolnir wouldn’t be useful in battle. Mjolnir is still very powerful and would add more adversity for IW Thor more-so than physicality.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:
@supermanforever said:
@erkan12 said:
@ready_4_madness said:

Mjolnir is also canonically weaker than Stormbreaker, I don't see how that is going to make a difference, especially when IW Thor can steal Mjolnir from EG Thor due to having better physical stats.

Give a single stat that IW thor has that is superior to final battle eg thor.

I am not wasting my time with trolls sorry.

The answer you're looking for is already on the thread.

Yeah run away like usual.

el-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By el-kun

@supermanforever: iw Thor literally took about tens of punches from d hulk dat caved an alien structure in

Iw thor went through d forge metal for about a mile at superspeed and showed no single visible damage, remember it took thanos about 4 blows to draw blood from Thor while it took him about 10 and a slam dunk to draw from d hulk and before end game Thor>>durability

Ragnarok Thor dropped hulk with a single hit, and took hulk hits dat sent him flying hundred of meters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: @ready_4_madness: @supermanforever: @el-kun: lol and everything you listed there any Thor from Thor 1 to EG could take that same punishment, his physicality has never changed in any film only his weapons and lightning ability.

Really it all comes back to one simple discussion people thought Thor during EG was gonna stomp Thanos, his black order and his whole army by himself but we’re rudely awakened by the canon level of Thanos being far above him in battle.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Thor’s larger appearance is initially used for comedy, the screenwriters defended the choice by saying Thor’s weight is never the obstacle the character has to overcome. Thor’s arc in “Endgame” is about pushing forward emotionally and not obsessing over his weight gain. As Markus said, “We fix his problem [at the end of the film], and it’s not his weight. I know some people are sensitive about some of the humor that comes from it, which I understand. But our issue that we wanted him to deal with was his emotional state that his mom addresses. And I think he is the ideal Thor at the end of the movie, and he’s carrying some weight.”

Source

Just food for thought. Might make a larger thread just for this.

el-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By el-kun

@finalkingthanos: dude u could not be more wrong, d feats I posted were not for Thor beating thanos but iw Thor been superior to endgame Thor

Avengers 1 Thor got a red nose by a single hulk punch, ragnarok Thor no sells multiple strikes from a more powerful hulk

Thor hits d hulk in A1 and dazes him for about 3 seconds ,while in ragnarok he puts hulk flat out for over a minute with a weaker weapon

Hulk is knocked out a bit by been slammed into a sky scrapper , yet Thor goes through a bigger and more durable objects faster like it's nothing

Comparing their strengths and durability over d years, thanos dropped Thor with 4 punches and it took him more Dan 10 and a body slam to put hulk, d same hulk, Thor was atleast twice I everything before he got drunk and fat over d years

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: honestly I don’t understand how people couldn’t tell they made him fat as a visual representation of how Thor had because depressed especially to the casual audience or kids who know Hemsworth is usually this sculpted like figure full of humour.

By the final battle he has both his iconic weapons, back up from the two leaders of the avengers at there best and all were in agreement they were going down there to fight Thanos to the death “whatever it takes”.

Edit I would actually appreciate this being it’s own discussion thread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el-kun: mate what difference does Thor having a haircut and 6 pack make ? Thor in any single movie could tank those same hits or do the same attacks if he had the weapon available, his only upgrade was Ragnarok being able to channel lightning by himself hammer less.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thought_robot: look at supremes new thread in gen discussion I think it might change your mind

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos said:

@el-kun: mate what difference does Thor having a haircut and 6 pack make ? Thor in any single movie could tank those same hits or do the same attacks if he had the weapon available, his only upgrade was Ragnarok being able to channel lightning by himself hammer less.

Problem is it only feeds to Thor's inconsistent showings. I don't know why people would legitimize it - Thor didn't even strike as hard as he did in TDW.

el-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By el-kun

@finalkingthanos: again ur missing d point its not about his hair or body structure

Thor weapons doesn't increase his durability or strength, dey give him flight, and better striking power and cutting ability

U dont find it strange, Thor was n selling hulk attack , going through outriders reentry ships, standing in for a neutron star and could drop hulk with a single hit twice

He showed massive skill and agility in ragnarok against hela and hulk, and yet he is dropped by thanos with two blows and bloodied by another two , yet it took thanos to put hulk down with 10x blows

I just need a reason why it took thanos so much attacks to put d hulk down unless ur saying hulk is more durable Dan Thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: what’s your take on the statements supreme has made a new thread on? Pretty much cements EG Thor not being nerfed for me and arguably at his best or equal to it, seems clearly the trinity were at there peak against Thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos said:

@rajjar: what’s your take on the statements supreme has made a new thread on? Pretty much cements EG Thor not being nerfed for me and arguably at his best or equal to it, seems clearly the trinity were at there peak against Thanos.

I like Fat Thor - I think it's compelling and speaks volumes about his depression, but I saw the statements a long time before that. I don't think they're talking about CV fan showings. I think they're talking about people being angry about Thor being fat. That's more prevalent in the social sphere than Thor getting his ass beat.

Like, he hasn't been eating healthy. He hasn't been swing SB around at fools in Vanaheim for target practice. He hasn't been fighting or working out or getting stronger from that initial ass-kicking he took from Thanos post-Ragnarok. He hasn't been utilizing his lightning. He barely did utilize his lightning on Thanos, if we count Iron Man. Before these 5 years, he could swing Mjolnir harder with one hand than he did SB against Thanos. Thor's showings as a warrior isn't what the screenwriters care about, they dgaf about it. And they shouldn't have to. We don't need another Dark Phoenix movie.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By Karkus

Thor in Infinity War should win based on the Russos's saying Thor wasn't strong enough to wield the IG in Endgame.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el-kun: personally the hulk has always been shown to be physically above Thor in strength, striking (weaponless) and durability so yes it does make sense to me Thor is easier to put down than the Hulk because he always would be.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: oh they are 100% talking about the general audience and social climate.

I think it’s pretty evident the original plan and scrip was having “fit” Thor at the end battle and that they still said he’s the ideal Thor during the final battle even after Hemsworth choosing to remain fat.

It’s confirmed it was a mental limitation that was weighing him down not the weight itself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos said:

@rajjar: oh they are 100% talking about the general audience and social climate.

I think it’s pretty evident the original plan and scrip was having “fit” Thor at the end battle and that they still said he’s the ideal Thor during the final battle even after Hemsworth choosing to remain fat.

It’s confirmed it was a mental limitation that was weighing him down not the weight itself.

Yeah, because it would have been poignant as hell.

But as for the mental limitation, it still doesn't change the fact that Ragnarok Thor with the Sakaaran hammer was hitting harder. They didn't want Thor to take the spotlight (Again) in a movie where they were giving Steve and Tony a grand send-off. Ragnarok/IW Thor would have done much better against the armies and Thanos, in agility especially.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: seems like they confirmed he’s the same now tbh based on the new statements I’ve saw.

Only that they didn’t think him capable of using the gauntlet without taking more damage than Hulk which makes sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: hitting harder than what? I’m assuming it’s something visual based between a different film he appears in?

Edit - totally agree btw , IW was Thors big moment (Tony got the dropnof blood scene too) , EG was to say goodbye for those two.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos said:

@rajjar: hitting harder than what? I’m assuming it’s something visual based between a different film he appears in?

Greenwich when he slammed Mjolnir onto Aether Malekith and the ground and the window's of the adjacent buildings cracked and shattered.

Sokovia where the Mjolnir strike (not lightning) wiped out a city block sized area.

Sakaar when he sent the Hulk crashing through the walls of the stadium.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: pretty much why I don’t do MCU vs DCEU etc based only on the visual because we know Thor has feats like that yet Thanos for instance best hits have sent people half or quarter that yet in universe and using common sense we know he’s far above him in.

It’s the case of too many directors and teams doing there own version but the overall story being the same. Not too different from the comics I guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: pretty much why I don’t do MCU vs DCEU etc based only on the visual because we know Thor has feats like that yet Thanos for instance best hits have sent people half or quarter that yet in universe and using common sense we know he’s far above him in.

It’s the case of too many directors and teams doing there own version but the overall story being the same. Not too different from the comics I guess.

See I don't see how these beatings are different from the Kurse treatment. I don't know why people aren't treating these as low showings. They seemed fine to do that in the IW Thor vs Kurse debate. Fact remains IW Thor fights smarter than Endgame Thor, and swings SB harder, and uses lightning better than Endgame Thor. Even the lightning in Endgame was fan service lmao for Avenger's 1.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: other than the Axe thrrow every other feat is against fodder again though he has countless good fodder feats every film.

He has a few fodder feats in EG that were good as well.

The difference really is Kurse and Thanos beat him rather easily and badly.

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@finalkingthanos: The new statements are interesting, but they can be interpreted differently. The fact that they said "this movie" for Thor not being able to use the IG instead of just saying Thor couldn't seem to imply some difference from Thor in Endgame and other movies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus: see I personally think Thor can use the gauntlet any time of course he could we see Tony use it, the difference is he’s either gonna die or be left crippled as he doesn’t absorb gamma nor is he as durable as Thanos / Hulk.

el-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: @rajjar: one thing dat baffled me was d directors wanted to paint d picture of marvel Trinity at dier best against thanos ,but still cant help Thor strength didn't change wat changed was his durability, agility and battle skills,, a single kick from thanos dropped Thor three times its disappointing

el-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos: and Dere is no way hulk is more durable Dan Thor feat wise, hulk was dazed by a sky crapper and sucker punched by Tony, while Thor took a city busting attack and only had a scratch on his for head , u could clearly see Thor hits were doing more damage to hulk Dan hulk was to thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: @el-kun: I think the Russos did have all 4 fighters at there best but they chose to keep it more small scale and personal rather than large and destructive.

I like both styles I can still remember how in awe I was at the MOS battles but from talking to all my mates and family none of who love comics they loved that trinity fight for instance and how close Thor was to dying etc where as large scale battles like MOS / BVS or Avengers vs faceless armies they would always say to me what’s the point and say it’s just swatting each other away or like dragon ball z lol so it’s all opinions.

I think the Russos and marvel tend to balance it out more as the general audience and critics prefer it that way and I guess it’s working for them business wise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el-kun: disagree there , Hulk tanked the skyscraper it not knocked him out of Wandas “mind control” then a sucker punch gag ended the fight on a calm hulk starting to regain his anger.

Hulk > Thor physically every fight has shown this.

only once Thor uses weapons or extra power like Ragnarok does he ever become his equal, Hulk was still up and read to fight in the arena but that grandmaster chose not to take the chance as the fight had become equal.m or leaning towards Thor.

I also wouldn’t be upset that Thanosndrops Thornwirh kicks because he’s always been above Thor yet we still see Thor can complete with Thanos in some physical struggles especially the second time he used his weapons to leverage Thanos down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos said:

@el-kun: disagree there , Hulk tanked the skyscraper it not knocked him out of Wandas “mind control” then a sucker punch gag ended the fight on a calm hulk starting to regain his anger.

Hulk > Thor physically every fight has shown this.

only once Thor uses weapons or extra power like Ragnarok does he ever become his equal, Hulk was still up and read to fight in the arena but that grandmaster chose not to take the chance as the fight had become equal.m or leaning towards Thor.

I also wouldn’t be upset that Thanosndrops Thornwirh kicks because he’s always been above Thor yet we still see Thor can complete with Thanos in some physical struggles especially the second time he used his weapons to leverage Thanos down.

Thor energy durability >>> Hulk and the snap is energy radiated damage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: survive the mcu Infinity gauntlet or close to dying from a star?

The movies show the Hulk to always be above him it’s even a running gag.

Thors lightning and weapons are what being him up.