Infinity War Thor replaces DCEU Superman

• 156 results
#51 Posted by Unworthy_Thor (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@rijehu: well assuming that MCU Thor would be just as fast as comics Thor Thor would win hands down if not I think you have a point though DD isn't even near Thor's power and way slower so yeah....

#52 Posted by TonyStark6999 (2735 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrey said:
@infinitehealing said:
@infinitespeed said:
@settled said:

He can do everything Clark did.

@batman242: And still can kill kryptonian by lightning it is magic / dceu kryptonian weak to magic.

DCEU Kryptonian get hurt by weapon magic.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This and they still weak to magic no matterversion cartoon or movie.

mcu assgardian hurt by slow rock yes no??? Thorg slow no doge bullet also hurt yes no? thor die 1st minute yes.

SB thor still tanked neutron star >>>> BvS nuke so he beat all movie superman / Clark will die by nuke if no have solar sun healing him.

And Thor no have weakness same Superman / Red sun,kryptonite ,magic.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for supermanforever
#53 Posted by Supermanforever (9746 posts) - - Show Bio

Gets smashed by doomsday.

Loses to kryptonians aswell if we scale them to superman.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#55 Edited by Supermanforever (9746 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: debating nucleon? :D the guy who thinks superman is harmed from car dropping on his head. Gl with that lmao.

I rather debate myself in the mirror.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
#56 Edited by WolverineBatmanFTW (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

And yet, you still haven't given examples of Thor being harder to hit.

#57 Posted by Karkus (954 posts) - - Show Bio

@settled said:

He can do everything Clark did.

He can keep up with Flash in combat speed?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
#58 Posted by deactivated-5cf823e3012e8 (449 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Posted by EasternGlider (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless the Kryptonians are laughably weak to magic, I don’t see him putting down Zod.

#60 Edited by Nucleon (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverinebatmanftw said:

@nucleon:

And yet, you still haven't given examples of Thor being harder to hit.

Yeah, I gave two; One is against the Hulk on the Helicarrier and the other one's against the same Hulk in the Sakar arena. Both in slomo for obviousness.

It maybe not much but at least that's two times the amount of hits Superman dodged.

#61 Edited by Nucleon (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

@karkus: He can keep up with Flash in combat speed?

1) Supes didn't keep up" with the Flash; he missed him. He failed.

2) Thor's hammer or ligthning can. Supes' HV could have caught the Flash, too, but Supes prefers acting like a dick, of course.

#62 Posted by Nucleon (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: debating nucleon? :D the guy who thinks superman is harmed from car dropping on his head. Gl with that lmao.

Sorry, maybe you got mixed up - I don't even know what you are refering to. My "peculiarity" is rather that I believe most un-amped martial artists, including Bats and Black Widow, have in fact better combat speed than Supes. =)

#63 Posted by Megafanflash (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: Ahh damn. I think we found the problem with Nucleon. He doesn't understand what combat speed means. Combat Speed is how fast your character can fight in combat and swing in combat, so the character can get moves in quicker before their enemies can. Supes can swing faster, and get in more moves than Batman and Black Widow (lmao).

#64 Edited by Redshift_Bacon (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor should soundly defeat Zod, Nam-Ek, and Faora at the Farm. They will not be as, erm, "soft" on him as they were with Clark, and I don't think any of the DCEU Kryptonians have the physicals to put down Thor before they adapt to Earth-Atmosphere aka End-Of-Movie Zod. So he probably bisects the Kryptonians and sends the ship running, or destroys it, without the World Engine really being a factor.

He will probably outperform Clark in BvS against Batman due to having none of Superman's exploitable weaknesses, and also his Magical Weapon will help more against Doomsday (Assuming Kryptonite is still on Earth to create Doomsday, depending on MoS plot) but ultimately I think that the Kryptonite will have to be used to put him down, should he appear. He definitely doesn't BFR Doomsday to space, meaning the Nuke is never launched and Doomsday doesn't get nearly as strong, that's the only reason I think him and WW combined got it in the bag.

Where things get dicey is in JL. If Doomsday did appear and did kill Thor, then it depends on if Thor gets a Mother-Box amp and how big of an Amp he gets. Its still not quantifiable, but if it puts his physicals on MoS Superman Level (minus speed, which should be getting close or equal to WWs after), which is between generous and lowball depending on how you calc Thor, then he will easily defeat Steppenwolf just like he did. However, if Doomsday does not appear (due to no Kryptonite), then its also very possible that Thor, WW, and Arthur are simply not enough for Steppenwolf, which could lead to them being demolished.

I don't think he does any fights Easier than Superman, and he probably does a couple fights harder such as Steppenwolf, but I do think he would clear via Plot conveniences, as per usual.

#65 Posted by noah_ouellette (3787 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor literally oneshots every opponent. The world engine is no challenge because it doesn’t make him weaker lmao. He doesn’t die to Doomsday, he simply kills him. I’ll assume the axe can do the same as kryptonite cause magic, and because we have too or else Batman wouldn’t have kryptonite. I do know hat Thor would completely trounce Batman if he tried to come at him. The kryptonians don’t combat speed super fast so. Thor easily wins all the fights by being the best skilled combatant in the verse (barring maybe WW). The axe allows him to oneshot every one so. Easily done.

#66 Posted by noah_ouellette (3787 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterpollas: I’m gonna ignore the rest of your post cause you’re a fanboy. But. ‘Batman beats Thor with prep’. How? How. How does Batman beat the guy who is better than Superman in every aspect besides speed, who doesn’t even have a weakness to a glowing rock? Batman can prep nothing. He doesn’t have the tech to match up, Thor isn’t particularly weak to sonic attacks, so there’s actually zero chance.

#67 Posted by Usha (3701 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's more skilled than the big blue boy scout. He'd have trouble with Faora and Nam-Ek for a while, but will eventually come out on top. Same with Zod too. Thor is a skillful guy, not as skilled as the Cap or BW but skilled.

#68 Posted by Oraculi (7315 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by Oraculi (7315 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Edited by Iron_Tiger (1198 posts) - - Show Bio

Pay no attention to this Infinite person with several alts. But I do think Thor would slaughter through.

#71 Edited by Zaggran (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha said:

Thor's more skilled than the big blue boy scout. He'd have trouble with Faora and Nam-Ek for a while, but will eventually come out on top. Same with Zod too. Thor is a skillful guy, not as skilled as the Cap or BW but skilled.

Not even close to Diana's skill level either. And her blade was cutting Doomsday like butter, but it wasn't doing any good. He's not kryptonian, so Bruce Wayne Gacy won't be bringing any radiological weapons to the party before Thor breaks him in half (CHRIST I'd like to see that). Without kryptonite, what's he gonna do against Doomsday?

He's not getting past Doomsday. Doomsday is a hard stop.

If Zod and group are equal in strength to Supes (and I'm not convinced they are - he was basking in those solar rays for decades), I don't see him beating them either. They flash a newspaper headline saying Supes moved a tectonic plate to stop an earthquake. You know how much a tectonic plate weighs? Well it depends on the plate, but on average, 40.7 sextillion kilograms. That's 40,700,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms for those keeping track at home. If he kills one of them, the other two will blitz him as hard as they can. I don't see him surviving that. But again, I doubt they're on Supes' level TBH. If we go on only their own feats and not scale to Supes, then I think he'd be able to take them. Again though, Doomsday is a hard stop.

#72 Posted by WolverineBatmanFTW (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

You're ignoring the fact that Superman, someone who could percieve the movements of Flash, had a difficult time fighting and keeping up with Faora.

Remember, I'm talking about Thor vs Nam Ek and Faora. Not Thor vs Superman.

And also, in the end, we agree that Thor clears. I'm just saying it will be difficult and tedious as he will have difficulty keeping up with Nam ek and Faora.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#73 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4202 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears... Anyone saying otherwise at this point is either straight up ignoring feats or wanking kryptonians.

#74 Edited by WolverineBatmanFTW (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@easternglider:

All kryptonians are weak to magic. That's why WW's sword could dismember Doomsday

I know. Thor wins. I'm just saying that he will struggle as the Kryptonians are very fast in combat.

#75 Edited by Lan_Fan (18121 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkpsychiclord_prime said:

Clears... Anyone saying otherwise at this point is either straight up ignoring feats or wanking kryptonians.

Next thread: At this point, anyone who disagrees with me is the Satan himself.

#76 Edited by Usha (3701 posts) - - Show Bio

@zaggran said:

You know how much a tectonic plate weighs?

Last time I bench pressed a tectonic plate was back in 1972. All I can say is, it's pretty heavy however.

Other than that, good analysis.

#77 Posted by Usha (3701 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraculi said:

@usha: @noah_ouellette:

Could Thor save Lois Lane or does she die?

Ehhh, he'd probably have a different approach to doing it. Not sure how he'd succeed though.

@oraculi said:

@redshift_bacon: Could Thor survive the bomb in BVS?

Loading Video...

Pfft, that ain't no star.

#79 Edited by Bayman007 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe MoS could be split into 2 films... the first one ends with Thor getting his ass kicked, and the bad guys winning. Then the second film ends with Clark turning up and saving the world.

Thor can't beat Superman, so he isn't getting past the film with out help.

#80 Edited by KingJupeter (42 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: @oraculi: @bayman007: Thor still soloing dceu universe by durability level star and healing factor no one in dceu can kill him.

Stormbreaker will save life him thor is immortal.

Stormbreaker = solar sun healing kryptonians.

Restore injury now after he tanking star neutron.

No Caption Provided

#81 Posted by Bayman007 (2498 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by MainJP (7493 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Posted by hudyman (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

The one thing I don't understand is that when I watch Thor in movies, he isn't impressive at all. Not sure if this is an MCU thing or just general movie.

Whereas in the DCEU, supermans punch destroys everything in the surrounding radius.

No idea how people manage to wank Thor like this

#84 Edited by Nucleon (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

@megafanflash: Ahh damn. I think we found the problem with Nucleon. He doesn't understand what combat speed means. Combat Speed is how fast your character can fight in combat and swing in combat, so the character can get moves in quicker before their enemies can. Supes can swing faster, and get in more moves than Batman and Black Widow (lmao).

He doesn't get to act more - he just throws high-velocity punches. If this is super-speed, then anyone with a high-velocity 5mm SMG is also a speedster. Velocity doesn't help combat speed - it hinders it at some point, because you've got to work just as hard to fight inertia from it. Combat speed is more about manoeuvrability and fighting science than actual speed.

Face it: Martial artists like Bats and the Widow knows how to fight efficiently, more than Supes (which is no feat). You want fast combat speed, don't watch "MoS"; Watch "Ip Man".

#85 Posted by Crunch5481 (1540 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure this has been done. He'd get stomped by Faora and Nam. If he gets past them, He can definitely destroy the World Engine in one go since he doesn't have to worry about the atmosphere...... or does he?

In any case, Zod beats him, he doesn't get past him at all.

GG.

This. You thought Faora made a fool out of Superman? Wait til she fights Thor lol

#86 Posted by Zaggran (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@sagerban said:

Thor's neutron star feat blows out of the water anything Superman and his fellow opponents have done. Everyone gets decapitated instantly.

It's an extremely impressive energy durability feat, but it's only an energy durability feat. It means nothing for his offense, or his physical damage durability. His physical damage durability is much lower, as he lost fights to Thanos in both movies (admittedly we didn't see the first one, but given how it cuts in on him threatening to finish Thor off if Loki doesn't hand over the stone, it's easy to tell Thanos stomped).

#87 Edited by Nucleon (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverinebatmanftw: You're ignoring the fact that Superman, someone who could percieve the movements of Flash, had a difficult time fighting and keeping up with Faora.

Remember, I'm talking about Thor vs Nam Ek and Faora. Not Thor vs Superman.

And also, in the end, we agree that Thor clears. I'm just saying it will be difficult and tedious as he will have difficulty keeping up with Nam ek and Faora.

Superman and every Kryptonians we ever saw on DCEU film are no good fighters, Faora being the best of a lousy bunch. But as soon as Thor, an excellent fighter, cease playing with them, they're quite dead.

That being said I agree Faora would be the one giving him most problems.

#88 Edited by Nucleon (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

@crunch5481: This. You thought Faora made a fool out of Superman? Wait til she fights Thor lol

Technically, Superman's an execrable fighter - The Hulk may fight with more science. His fighting style is that of a dick, precisely, one that counts on basic passive superiority instead of actual effort to win all of his fights.

It also looks like this "combat style" is common to every Kryptonians, including their military; Bullrush, rince, repeat.

#89 Posted by thebuckaronatr (2010 posts) - - Show Bio

He is too slow to keep up with the Kryptonians.

#90 Posted by WolverineBatmanFTW (1972 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon:

Agreed Thor is more skilled, but the gap between himself and Faora isn't huge and her speed advantage will make it difficult IMO.

Also, cheers for actually letting this be a debate and not just letting it all degrade to name-calling (unlike a lot of viners).

#91 Posted by LuminousHydra (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

Faora solos. Nam solos. Zod godstomps.

#92 Edited by KingJupeter (42 posts) - - Show Bio
#93 Posted by InFrontOff (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor clears.

Avatar image for panda_emperorix
#94 Posted by panda_emperorix (4125 posts) - - Show Bio

#95 Posted by destinyman75 (15782 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor would do better actually due to his power set...Lol at the desperate DC folks

#97 Edited by Redshift_Bacon (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraculi said:

@redshift_bacon: Could Thor survive the bomb in BVS?

I think he'd definitely survive based on previous feats and Scaling, but he isn't Tanking the explosion by any means and he could be Knocked Out, but that would be lowballing Thor in my opinion. The Nidavellir feat is both wanked and downplayed but Thor definitely took force close to a Nuclear Explosion throughout that sequence, so I don't think any blunt-force attack under a Low-Nuclear level attack would be enough to 1-shot him (obviously discounting piercing attacks)

#98 Posted by Karkus (954 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: True, but he wasn't too far away from him in terms of speed and got close to tagging him. Do you see Thor replicating that feat like Superman did?

#99 Edited by Strike3 (820 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can just call down bolts like he did to Hela on them. Attacks that will also refresh him.

#100 Posted by Nucleon (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

@karkus said:

@nucleon: True, but he wasn't too far away from him in terms of speed and got close to tagging him. Do you see Thor replicating that feat like Superman did?

No, he can't of course, but there's no need to neither if Thor simply calls down lightning on him or if he effectuates an area-of-effect attack (by striking the ground). He could also just throw the hammer at him, although his motion won't be fast enough.

Thor doesn't have to solve problems "à la Superman"; He is his own character, and can arrive to Superman's results, or better, using another manner entirely - and vice-versa.