Posted by Tjakrabirawa (2600 posts) 10 months, 15 days ago

Poll: Infinity War Steve Rogers runs Live-Action Peter Parker Gauntlet (32 votes)

Clears.. easily 3%
Stop at 1 44%
Get blitzed at 2 44%
Get lolstomped at 3 Tobey murders him 3%
Clears mid-high diff 6%

Morals off Steve

1. Homecoming Peter
  2. ASM Peter
  3. Symbiote Peter (Raimi)

Morals off

No prep or knowledge

Win by death only

How far he would make it?

Peters fight with casual clothes, No Spider Suit or Webbing

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11565 posts) - - Show Bio

Down at ASM Peter

Any competent Spiderman would destroy him

#3 Posted by RBT (27159 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve has a shot at beating MCU Peter if his shield had claws. Otherwise, stops at 1.

#4 Posted by Rebake (3893 posts) - - Show Bio

stops at 2

#5 Posted by SocaJunkie (8343 posts) - - Show Bio

He can get all the feats he wants in upcoming films but as long as they remain consistent with his character he will always hit a brick wall at 2.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
#6 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spidey stops Steve dead in his tracks, especially with no morals.

#7 Posted by AdamAnouer (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

Can beat Homecoming Peter due to the kids inexperience.

Would lose to Amazing Peter because he was simply much better at utilizing his strength and his agility.

Just for the sake of including Rami's even though Rami's Spidey has 2 very good strength feats I think Steve could but likely wouldn't win.

#8 Posted by BobbitsC (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really confused. Spider-man doesn't have his suit or webbing, even though his webbing is natural. If Steve has his shield, then he would beat Spidey like in the Civil War fight. Steve could beat the other two easily.

#9 Posted by Vertigo- (17683 posts) - - Show Bio

He can get all the feats he wants in upcoming films but as long as they remain consistent with his character he will always hit a brick wall at 2.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#10 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

@bobbitsc: no they do not

Steve beats homecoming peter but gets destroyed by ASM and Tobey they are just better in every way

#11 Edited by AdamAnouer (1023 posts) - - Show Bio

@bobbitsc: You do realize Peter has superhuman strength right? In ASM's case the ability to catch a car being fired at him from Electro and still has the superhuman agility that allowed him to dodge Electro's energy blasts. And in these instances without webbing they actually fair better because Cap is stronger than neither of Raimi nor ASM's Spiderman.

What was Cap's biggest feat again? Holding down a Helicopter while it was trying to take off.

#12 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio
@bobbitsc said:

I'm really confused. Spider-man doesn't have his suit or webbing, even though his webbing is natural. If Steve has his shield, then he would beat Spidey like in the Civil War fight. Steve could beat the other two easily.

Unless Cap holding Thanos back with his hands was legit, that honestly sounds like complete trash. When did Cap dodge bullets or go fast enough to basically go in slow motion?

#13 Edited by BobbitsC (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@stalin-is-steel: Like I said, this gauntlet makes no sense. Spider-Man's webbing is natural, and it doesn't say that Cap doesn't have his shield. Steve would clear all three pretty easily. He has much more experience than all three of them combined, and his fighting skill his off the charts compared to them. While Spidey would wreck Cap in the comics, none of the movie versions could beat MCU Cap.

And if Cap has those two vibranium shields and not his regular shield, than he would still win.

#14 Posted by mexcomics2078 (2399 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop at 2.

#15 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@bobbitsc said:

@stalin-is-steel: Like I said, this gauntlet makes no sense. Spider-Man's webbing is natural, and it doesn't say that Cap doesn't have his shield. Steve would clear all three pretty easily. He has much more experience than all three of them combined, and his fighting skill his off the charts compared to them. While Spidey would wreck Cap in the comics, none of the movie versions could beat MCU Cap.

And if Cap has those two vibranium shields and not his regular shield, than he would still win.

Skill means jack if you see punches in slow motion like Tobey's Spiderman. He's far stronger than Cap, and faster as well.

Experience? What does that give him exactly? Cap beat MCU Spidey by outsmarting him, but Amazing Spidey is much smarter and faster, moving faster than lightning. Do you honestly think Cap can move faster than that? Pete's webbing kept the Lizard immobile for a while. Same Lizard who rips through walls easily. Cap could never hope of reaching those levels of power.

His shield will do nothing. Tobey's Spiderman could dodge bullets and jump to massive heights, so a simple shield throw is going to not hit. Also, you failed to address my previous points, and went into how skill is going to beat dudes who are stronger, faster, have more ability and can take shitloads of punishment.

Cap has more skill than MCU Ego. Does that mean he just wins because he has more experience in fighting dudes?

#16 Posted by BobbitsC (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@stalin-is-steel: Cap is still smarter than Amazing Spidey, and no Spider-Man, even in the comics, moves as fast as lightning. Cap's shield, especially in double vibranium shields with a sharp end, could rip through Spidey's webs. And I don't remember saying anything about Cap throwing his shield(s). Shields are traditionally used for defense, and that's exactly what Cap would do in this situation. Sure, Spidey is faster than Cap, but not that much faster, at least in the movies. Cap could definitely block Spidey's attacks, and again, Cap has far superior fighting skill, which, like in Civil War, let him beat Spidey.

Trust me, if I thought Spidey would win, I would say so. Spidey is my favorite superhero by far, and I love him, but none of the movie Spider-Men are beating MCU Cap. It just isn't happening.

If you need some MCU feats then here:

There's just a few. If you need more then here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/68h3c8/respect_captain_america_marvel_cinematic_universe/

#17 Posted by nerdchore (8121 posts) - - Show Bio

@bobbitsc: drop the hard on for cap please. Its embarrassing that you legit think cap beats the movie spiderman. None of those feats you posted compare to to spiderman at all. And they can all replicate his feats.

#18 Edited by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@bobbitsc: Amazing Spidey was dodging Electro, who in his electrical form was throwing lightning at him. He dodged most, if not all of the hits.

Cap is smarter than MCU Spidey and Amazing? When did Cap invent anything, exactly? Cap has no scientific experience, he discovered the internet in WS. Saying that Cap is smarter just because shows a deep misunderstanding of the character.

Tobey's Spiderman seen punches in slow motion via his Spider Sense. When has this happened for Cap? Never. Again, you misunderstand and ignore clear advantages over Cap, saying that the difference is not by a massive margin, which is clearly wrong here.

Could he beat MCU Spidey? Sure. He's not getting through Amazing and Tobey's version "easily" like you said or at all. Not happening.

Panther was outrunning Cap, and Tobey's Spiderman is faster than Panther on his best day. Cap has no counter to the refined Spider Sense in the other two dudes here. They web his shield up easily and yank it off him. Unlike MCU Spidey, the other two are much stronger and could achieve this.

#19 Posted by BatmanandRobin (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter not having experience shouldn't matter, his's agility and dexirity are autonomous and have inhuman stimuli locking, Steve wouldn't and shouldn't hit him since Peter would know where he will strike as a multi process in alertness. Peter just has to dodge and point and then speed blitz. But MCU doesn't know how Peters powers really work because they love Cap over Spidey as a mary sue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5af11b4bb7058
#20 Posted by deactivated-5af11b4bb7058 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

He shouldn't even beat Holland's Peter, but I can see the argument for him doing so, TASM drops him within seconds.

#21 Posted by Thedarkking25 (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

Garfield has the most op spider sense to this day lol, he webs caps pants down like he did rino while cracking jokes

#22 Edited by buildhare (8615 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 2 who should be last.

#23 Posted by GateOfBabylon (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap beats MCU Spidey.

Loses quite easily to Garfield Spidey.

Gives a great fight but I think the stat difference is too huge for Tobey Spidey.

LOL and you had to use that gif for Tobey didn't you.

he webs caps pants down like he did rhino while cracking jokes

Webbing isn't allowed here. But yeah, Garfield still wins easily.

#24 Edited by BobbitsC (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@stalin-is-steel: Intelligence isn't determined by what you can invent or whether or not you use the internet. I'm talking about battlefield intelligence. Sure, Spidey has Cap beat in most stats, but not combat. Cap knows every in and out there is in fighting. While Spidey is extremely clever and resourceful in the comics, not one of the three versions of movie Spidey's reflects that. Spidey might be scientifically smarter, but Cap is a much better combatant. I don't remember Albert Einstein being an expert fighter. Also, as Cap said in Civil War "I can do this all day," to Tony, he could easily go just as long, even longer, than he did with Iron Man. Tony packs much more of a punch then any of the Spideys here. If Iron Man can't beat Cap, and Iron Man would wreck any of the three Spideys, what hope do they have with Cap? And once Cap figures out that Spidey can sense him coming, he could easily adapt to that. Cap could pull countless tricks against any of the Spideys. They might have spider sense, but Cap's combat experience would make up for that. As soon as Cap is able to get his hand on Spidey, he's going to get pummeled. Cap also has peak mental processing. He could analyze Spidey's attack patterns within seconds. Again, he was able to beat Iron Man, and was able to analyze Iron Man's attacks before he could analyze Cap's with his AI, who should be able to process that faster than a human, but Cap's processing was faster than an AI's. So explain again how Spidey is going to beat Cap.

#25 Posted by Tjakrabirawa (2600 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare: why he should be the last? I think Tobey is stronger than him

#26 Posted by SoImMe (299 posts) - - Show Bio

ASM Pete blitzes his ass.

Tobey could stand still for a solid minute doing nothing and Cap would still not down him.

#27 Posted by cpt_nice (9874 posts) - - Show Bio

Triple massacre.

#28 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot about how badly that dude wanked Cap. That was some insane high balling on his part

#29 Posted by ThunderPrince (6926 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spidey stops Steve dead in his tracks, especially with no morals.

#30 Posted by killers10333 (3416 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
#31 Posted by deactivated-5c830d4e319e6 (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 2 who should be above Tobey.

#32 Posted by Subline (6992 posts) - - Show Bio

@bobbitsc said:

@stalin-is-steel: Cap is still smarter than Amazing Spidey, and no Spider-Man, even in the comics, moves as fast as lightning.

But Amazing Spider-Man dodged lightning. And what has given you the idea that he's smarter, Amazing Spider-Man made his own web shooters. Intelligence - "the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills." - Google. Like Spider-Man realising that he should overload Electro (applying knowledge), what has Cap done?

Loading Video...
@bobbitsc said:

@stalin-is-steel: Cap's shield, especially in double vibranium shields with a sharp end, could rip through Spidey's webs.

Spider-Man doesn't have webs here.

@bobbitsc said:

@stalin-is-steel: Shields are traditionally used for defense, and that's exactly what Cap would do in this situation. Sure, Spidey is faster than Cap, but not that much faster, at least in the movies.

He will probably get disarmed at the beginning. TASM is a lot faster. He was moving significantly faster than the normal people:

https://gifs.com/gif/spider-man-vs-electro-first-fight-scene-the-amazing-spider-man-2-2014-movie-clip-hd-rRlEQw

@bobbitsc said:

@stalin-is-steel: Cap has far superior fighting skill, which, like in Civil War, let him beat Spidey.

He didn't beat him, he just dropped that container on him and went, and after Homecoming that Container wouldn't be a problem for Spider-Man as he could just drop it aside.

Also, those feats provided aren't really that impressive, Spider-Man has superior feats in strength, agility, speed and durability. His skill isn't going to give Cap the win here.

#33 Posted by BobbitsC (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline: Okay, if Spidey doesn't have webs, then the shields will do even more. And "significantly faster than normal people"? Cap isn't a normal person. Also, Cap has beat Iron Man one on one, and Tony has a lot of firepower. That's more than beating Electro. Just because of the container doesn't mean Spidey is better than Cap at fighting. Cap has more fighting skill and experience than all three Spideys combined. About the feats, go to that link and you'll find a whole lot more.

#34 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

@bobbitsc: lol him beating Tony was PIS and everyone knows it. The Civil War armor is known as one of the weakest Tony's ever had. It got damaged by arrows. Giving a entre respect thread is not a argument, that's just spaming feats.