• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by Amonfire1776 (3024 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos, Thor, or Strange solo, Iron Man, Vison and Scarlet Witch contribute heavily to the win as well. Mantis can TP...Cap can block heat vison...this such a stomp that they limit this to no casulties...even Wong could solo.

#52 Posted by Syntix (534 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU Team wins and LoL at some of these people soloing, If you mean soloing DD by BFR then yes. the only one that can solo is Thanos of course with the power stone.

#53 Posted by Richubs (4233 posts) - - Show Bio

@amonfire1776: Which cutting feats does Stormbreaker have compares to WW's sword?

She can cut Kryptonian skin easily and that too massive arm right off.

Stormbreaker went just 1 sinch deep into Thanos.

He CANNOT cut DD.

Thanos would be able to solo if he actually uses his stones properly.

However if he's fighting like he was on Titan DD wins

Strange didn't cut Thanos with his portal he isn't cutting DD and would get one shot by the heat vision like almost everyone here.

#54 Posted by Crunch5481 (972 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar said:
@mister_surreal said:

@crunch5481: He straight up needed to grow an entirely new body after the damage that he took. Doomsday has no feats that say his durability is greater then vibranium’s. Saying otherwise is baseless.

Wait a minute? Seriously?

You got people saying he no-sold that nuke. I took it as fact, since I've been busy with debunking DD's energy capabilities as of late.

OT: Since it is morals off and bloodlusted - the team turns DD into paste.

Thor solos. Thanos solos. Strange could solo if 100 feet away prevents an immediate blitz.

No, not seriously. Did you watch BvS?

Loading Video...

He did no-sell the nuke. His body was completely undamaged by the nuke and the fall. He grew bigger and stronger afterwards because he absorbed energy from the nuke and possibly the fall. Mister Surreal is talking nonsense.

#55 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4822 posts) - - Show Bio
#56 Posted by Supermanthor (18992 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#57 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that I think 'bout it, stormbreaker isn't fully cutting Doomsday, it barely even cut through Thanos's chest whose durability is miles below Doomsday's. However, as for the battle, it depends on Thanos's use of the stones. If he fights like he did on Titan, he has no hope of winning against Doomsday. If he use said stones in a proper way, then he alone should be enough to one-shot.

#58 Posted by DammeFavour (8340 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins if he can use the power stone beyond what we've seen him accomplish with it. Otherwise their only option is BFR, most of them die to his heat vision alone not to talk of his actual stats.

Unless Thanos can do more than the blast he used on Tony, they all die eventually.

And lol, people don't believe step's axe can cut the hulk because it doesn't have the equivalent feats but that all goes out when it involves stormbreaker heh?

#59 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10390 posts) - - Show Bio

@crunch5481: @darthvaderrocks: @rajjar:

Yes I did watch the movie. Doomdsay no selling the nuke and having his hand and cut off after he has evolved a few times makes perfect sense. Oh wait, it doesn't. If he truly no sold a NUCLEAR explosion then any other attack piercing or otherwise would have an exceedingly low chance of being injuring him, even if it was from Wonder Woman. The whole concept is based on Wonder Woman's sword > nuclear explosion. If Doomsday actually no sold it then he wouldn't have been K.O.ed or flat out dead for a good couple of seconds, but instead shrugged it off like someone who no sold damage actually would. Doomsday doesn't absorb pure energy and become stronger, there is nothing that supports the notion. We have on the other hand seen him lose a hand only to heal completely and become more powerful with him coupled with him becoming surround by the energy field. What we saw was Doomsday on the ground who healed but evolved and became stronger as a result of the damage having the same energy field that is seen later on giving reason to believe that he had taken a serious amount of damage. If he actually no sold there would be no reason to evolve.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#60 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7739 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins if he can use the power stone beyond what we've seen him accomplish with it. Otherwise their only option is BFR, most of them die to his heat vision alone not to talk of his actual stats.

Unless Thanos can do more than the blast he used on Tony, they all die eventually.

And lol, people don't believe step's axe can cut the hulk because it doesn't have the equivalent feats but that all goes out when it involves stormbreaker heh?

But he can't or hasn't pushed beyond it limitation since it's energy surge is limited to the size of the target & doomsday energy absorption will make it effect massively weaker.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#61 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7739 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that I think 'bout it, stormbreaker isn't fully cutting Doomsday, it barely even cut through Thanos's chest whose durability is miles below Doomsday's. However, as for the battle, it depends on Thanos's use of the stones. If he fights like he did on Titan, he has no hope of winning against Doomsday. If he use said stones in a proper way, then he alone should be enough to one-shot.

If ur referring to power stone it wouldn't be happening since it's energy surge is limited to the size of the target & doomsday energy absorption will make it effect massively weaker.

#62 Posted by SanoHibiki (3398 posts) - - Show Bio

Solid win for team. Sure, plenty of nonfactors among them, but also enough of powerhouses and hax-wielders to win.

#63 Posted by DammeFavour (8340 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: what the hell are you on about? Doomsday died or was knocked out when exactly? Diana's sword cutting something that is supposed to be impervious to stuff like that is a feat for her sword. Stop reaching mate

#64 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11268 posts) - - Show Bio
@mister_surreal said:

Yes I did watch the movie. Doomdsay no selling the nuke and having his hand and cut off after he has evolved a few times makes perfect sense. Oh wait, it doesn't. If he truly no sold a NUCLEAR explosion then any other attack piercing or otherwise would have an exceedingly low chance of being injuring him, even if it was from Wonder Woman. The whole concept is based on Wonder Woman's sword > nuclear explosion. If Doomsday he actually no sold then he wouldn't have been K.O.ed or flat out dead for a good couple of seconds but instead shrugged it off like someone who no sold damage actually would. Doomsday doesn't absorb pure energy and become stronger, there is nothing that supports the notion. We have on the other hand seen him lose a hand only to heal completely and become more powerful with him coupled with him becoming surround by the energy field. What we saw was Doomsday on the ground who healed but evolved and became stronger as a result of the damage having the same energy field that is seen later on giving reason to believe that he had taken a serious amount of damage. If he actually no sold there would be no reason to evolve.

First of all, this is simply untrue, Wonder Woman's sword isn't just a regular sword, cutting Doomsday doesn't mean her sword is capable of nuclear bomb level damage output, it just means it's capable of cutting foes that durable, it's elementary it doesn't take some kind of otherworldly thinking to figure that one out. To further strengthen my point, this happens quite a lot in comics as well. For example: Wonder Woman's sword is capable of cutting Superman's skin who has planetary level durability, and Jarnbjorn being capable of cutting freaking Celestial armor. Your logic is horrendous.

Secondly, have you not watched DOJ? It was explicitly stated on screen that he feeds off energy to become more powerful. And this "notion" was heavily backed up on-screen, each time Superman strikes him he glows red, which is an indicative of his energy absorption (whether it's energy or blunt force based, he absorbs both kinds of attacks). As for the nuke, he couldn't have possibly absorbed the whole thing otherwise the huge fireball in the space wouldn't be visible at all, and Superman wouldn't be hit by it at all. So yeah, he did tank the nuke.

he wouldn't have been K.O.ed or flat out dead for a good couple of seconds

No Caption Provided

#65 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10390 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: Have you watched any of the clips? They stated that the nuke took out its target but a few movements later stated that the target was once again moving. Wonder Woman cutting off Doomsday's hand after he evolved a few times from being hit by a nuke makes no sense if he did take no damage from it. Saying that Wonder Woman can cut off the hand of a being who can no sell a nuke kills credibility. I'm not reaching, it's called logical reasoning.

#66 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: Have you watched any of the clips? They stated that the nuke took out its target but a few movements later stated that the target was once again moving. Wonder Woman cutting off Doomsday's hand after he evolved a few times from being hit by a nuke makes no sense if he did take no damage from it. Saying that Wonder Woman can cut off the hand of a being who can no sell a nuke kills credibility. I'm not reaching, it's called logical reasoning.

You're reaching, the camera cuts right to him standing and moving his body, he was fine alright. There is no reason to assume he was knocked out, much less killed. Even if he was briefly knocked out, it would still be impressive. Your point is moot. As for the sword, Diana's sword is confirmed to be capable of piercing Kryptonian skin, and Doomsday is a Kryptonain so another moot point on your part. Her sword is supposed to be that dangerous.

#67 Posted by Matthew660 (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: You shouldn’t bother with Damme lol. He’s practically on the same level of troll as dianaallmighty and motm.

#68 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10390 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: A genuine argument, you make a good case that I actually have to agree with. I was previously unaware of the statement of Doomsday absorbing energy so I admit that I was mistaken. But I do ask that you don't come off as being a gigantic @ss hat while explaining the facts.

#69 Edited by Rajjar (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest said:

IIRC the full blade part was covered in purple blood.

And then there is this.

No Caption Provided

And I'd probably err towards Kryptonians being radiation sponges in nearly all the universes we see them in, and what the nuke did to Clark seems to substantiate it. Independently, given DD's energy absorption abilities, I'd find it hard to believe that he didn't absorb any energy from the nuke, since I don't think a re-entry + speedblitz was enough to provide all that energy for his one AoE feat. Absorbing a part of the nuke, that would probably scale well. He may have just absorbed kinetic energy, because IIRC, there is no on-panel scene with him interacting with the aftermath of the nuke.

Do you recall him having to evolve another skin entirely? I'd be hardpressed to call that tanking, since it brings regen argument to the table.

#70 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thanos solos he shattered a moon with the power stone anyone who think DD can tank that is delusional

Strange might solo

Thor might solo

mismatch @rogueshadow:

#71 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10390 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by Matthew660 (1646 posts) - - Show Bio
#73 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10390 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by DammeFavour (8340 posts) - - Show Bio
#75 Edited by Matthew660 (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: It seems like a spite match almost. Giving thanos 2 of the most powerful gems in terms of use for combat. And having so many meat shields.

#76 Edited by Matthew660 (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour: Uhm, no one? Just another user on comicvine? Why does it matter lol? It doesn’t take a “somebody” to spot a troll lmfao.

#77 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10390 posts) - - Show Bio

@matthew660: This probably isn't a spite, the user who made this doesn't seem to be like that. It is a mismatch though.

#78 Edited by Matthew660 (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: Yeah, but somehow people are still arguing for doomsday lol.

#79 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10390 posts) - - Show Bio

@matthew660: If Doomsday actually aborbed the nuke then he means serious business. That still won't save him from dying though.

#80 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: A genuine argument, you make a good case that I actually have to agree with. I was previously unaware of the statement of Doomsday absorbing energy so I admit that I was mistaken.

Alright.

But I do ask that you don't come off as being a gigantic @ss hat while explaining the facts.

Lol, my apologies.

#81 Posted by Matthew660 (1646 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: Yeah. Lots of people seem to misunderstand the moon busing feat. When I use it. I usually mean the direct attack that broke the moon, not the debris that thanos pulled down. The most powerful nuke in the world is 50 megatons. Around enough to bust a city. The moon bust is still waaay above doomsday’s durability lol.

#82 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10390 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Edited by Mister_Surreal (10390 posts) - - Show Bio

@matthew660: We don't actually know how durable the moon was, but the feat does speak for itself.

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#84 Posted by darthvaderrocks (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: It not fully cutting Doomsday has nothing to do with durability but Doomsday's size. You see how big his chest is? It literally will get stuck on his chest the same way it got stuck on Thanos chest. Thanos is massive and he's still nothing compared to Doomsday's size.

#85 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: Wrong - the scan you've showcased was after Thor pushed Stormbreaker further into Thanos's chest after the blow had already landed. Here is the actual instance in question:

It barely even pierced the guy and Thanos seemed almost out because of healing factor or the lack thereof.
It barely even pierced the guy and Thanos seemed almost out because of healing factor or the lack thereof.

And THAT^ was a full power through mind you! Doomsday would simply catch it, or dodge it. Likewise, this also means Thor's chances of piercing Doomsday in CQC are zero.

And I'd probably err towards Kryptonians being radiation sponges in nearly all the universes we see them in, and what the nuke did to Clark seems to substantiate it. Independently, given DD's energy absorption abilities, I'd find it hard to believe that he didn't absorb any energy from the nuke, since I don't think a re-entry + speedblitz was enough to provide all that energy for his one AoE feat. Absorbing a part of the nuke, that would probably scale well. He may have just absorbed kinetic energy, because IIRC, there is no on-panel scene with him interacting with the aftermath of the nuke.

Do you recall him having to evolve another skin entirely? I'd be hardpressed to call that tanking, since it brings regen argument to the table.

He did tank the nuke and absorbed a tiny portion of it, the damage (the blunt force & energy) he received from said nuke is what made him stronger, more durable and more powerful. I've addressed most of that in my previous posts. Sorry, I don't agree with you.

#86 Edited by Reactor (4355 posts) - - Show Bio

All but six of those characters die within the first few seconds, presuming Doomsday does one of his energy bursts. Of those that survive, two (Strange and Thanos) could just BFR him. No blasting him with energy, just send him away. Problem solved

#87 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: It not fully cutting Doomsday has nothing to do with durability but Doomsday's size. You see how big his chest is? It literally will get stuck on his chest the same way it got stuck on Thanos chest. Thanos is massive and he's still nothing compared to Doomsday's size.

Care to elaborate on how his size contributes to your argument? I'm confused. Doomsday is massive, true. But he's also far more durable and actually faster than Thanos reaction speed wise.

#88 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thanos solos he shattered a moon with the power stone anyone who think DD can tank that is delusional

Strange might solo

Thor might solo

mismatch @rogueshadow:

The only problem within' your post is, a pissed off Thanos never attempted to preform a moon-busting attack on Iron Man, despite of being outnumbered by 6. So why would he moon-bust on Doomsday's face? It's not within' his character to outright pull a stunt like that. He also has the numbers on his side which means Thanos pulling something of that magnitude in the middle of the fight is highly unlikely. But it's a possibility, I'm not denying it. If sh*t goes sideways, he might pull something like that as a last resort.

#89 Posted by Aqualion0 (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

Pathetic bait thread.

#90 Posted by Amonfire1776 (3024 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: What durability pierceing feats does Doomsday have...cutting into Thanos is a feat especially when Iron Man's full combo attack only created a drop of blood...

#91 Posted by Richubs (4233 posts) - - Show Bio

@amonfire1776: I scale him off of Superman who he wad clearly superior to.

Taking Iron Man's combined attack is pretty impressive but I don't see Superman bleeding from it.

Doomsday took a nuke, crashed on earth and took various massive attacks and none of those cut his skin.

And the non eof the attacks were piercing type, the ones Iron Man dished out.

His hits were obviously not comparable to that of Superman.

This is why I feel Kryptonians have much better piercing durability than Thanos.

#92 Posted by el-kun (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Even after destroying parts of the moon thanos still had to pull dem , which speaks volumes of his strength alone, most people overlook dat part of the feat

#94 Posted by Amonfire1776 (3024 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: I see magical weapons similar to Kryptonite when it comes to Kryptonians...when they are really weak to something it negates their durability edge...otherwise there is no consistency when it comes to their durability...unless you think Kryptonite could hurt Thanos lol...

#95 Posted by Syntix (534 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a spite if Thanos uses the Power Stone like Eson the Searcher did when he obliterate an entire planet.

#96 Edited by Richubs (4233 posts) - - Show Bio

@amonfire1776: We haven't really seen their weakness to Magic yet.

It might be true but we have not seen it yet.

Kryptonite however is clearly a well established weakness of theirs.

I don't think magic is a weakness of Superman's because Wonder Woman's AoE is basically magic but it doesn't hurt Kryptonians.

Wonder Woman's lasso didn't have an adverse effect on Superman either.(Though I can see that it isn't exactly an offensive attack but still it didn't have any effect.) He still overpowered Diana putting all her effort with one arm while putting minimal effort.

During the Doomsday battle Doomsday tries to hit Diana and she blocks it with her sword and it didn't Pierce his skin but right after that when Diana actually uses a proper attack on him it cuts him. Basically I think the sword is just as good if used properly.

Basically Kryptonians have shrugged off the magical attacks Diana has used on them aside from the sword which just indicates that the sword is very good.

#97 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberpunkcop said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Strange might solo

Thor might solo

mismatch @rogueshadow:

The only problem within' your post is, a pissed off Thanos never attempted to preform a moon-busting attack on Iron Man, despite of being outnumbered by 6. So why would he moon-bust on Doomsday's face? It's not within' his character to outright pull a stunt like that. He also has the numbers on his side which means Thanos pulling something of that magnitude in the middle of the fight is highly unlikely. But it's a possibility, I'm not denying it. If sh*t goes sideways, he might pull something like that as a last resort.

Ahh the OP state this

- Morals off, Bloodlusted

Now try telling me Thanos won't pull something like this and one shot Doomsday

#98 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberpunkcop: He was bloodlusted against Iron Man, yet he didn't Moon bust on his face. He has never done something like it before. This is not how it works, it just isn't. I've already said this and I'll say it once again, we debate characters like how they usually fight not how we think they should fight.

Avatar image for sexybayonetta22
#99 Posted by SexyBayonetta22 (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Thanos solos.

Jobbing Thanos or non jobbing ?

#100 Edited by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest said:

@cyberpunkcop: He was bloodlusted against Iron Man, yet he didn't Moon bust on his face. He has never done something like it before. This is not how it works, it just isn't. I've already said this and I'll say it once again, we debate characters like how they usually fight not how we think they should fight.

It is how he usually fights if we have never seen Thanos do something like bust a moon in a fight you would actually have a point but we do see him do that rendering your entire argument moot

And Thanos wasn't bloodlusted against Tony not a tiny bit he was never bloodlusted aside from when he almost lost the gauntlet and that was for only a few seconds and even then he was trying his hardest not to kill anyone