• 134 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for crushyourenemies
Posted by CRUSHYOURENEMIES (2553 posts) 11 months, 26 days ago

Poll: Infinity THANOS with the Gauntlet vs Doctor MANHATTAN (157 votes)

PURPLE 57%
BLUE 43%
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Thanos is full stacked on gems

Manhattan is full stacked on his abilities

purple vs blue

to the deathhhhh

Avatar image for biswaboxz
#101 Posted by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

IG Thanos stomps for either comic or movie version

Avatar image for lan_fan
#102 Posted by Lan_Fan (13300 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhatten definitely wins this.

Full IG Thanos and Manhattan have pretty similar powersets, though obviously Manhattan can't match the scale of something like the Snap. But that doesn't really matter, because Manhattan has the massive advantage of not being corporeal. There's nothing for Thanos to harm or transmute, he can never drop Manhatten. Meanwhile, Manhatten can kill Thanos with a look or a gesture, and completely enough that Thanos can't heal via the Gauntlet.

Avatar image for biswaboxz
#103 Edited by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

I tempting to see how Manhattan could survive the experience of not being on that particular reality anymore ? I agree IG Thanos cannot disintergrate him cause's he has no physical form or whatever but he certainly has an influence for his existence in that particular reality . Thanos just vanishes him out of existence with a snap , pure and simple .

And LOL for those people who think Thanos cannot heal via IG . He already survived stormbreaker , adamantium claws and there are more which i cannot recall with IG for either comic or movie version .

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#104 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11179 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr Manhattan or a stalemate. I think people are overlooking the fact that the snap takes a while to fully take over. Thus, even if Thanos manages to snap his fingers, Manhattan would still be able to disintegrate his purple ass before getting erased from existence.

Online
Avatar image for blackdog2009
#105 Posted by Blackdog2009 (3738 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos was basically defeated in the movie... once because all the guys teamed up on him, it was only because of poor teamwork that they didn't get him the first time. The second time, he snapped his gauntlet but I recall Thor was beating the shit out of him.

Dr. Manhattan is basically unkillable, immortal, godlike and he travels space in the blink of an eye.

Avatar image for explodingplanet
#106 Posted by ExplodingPlanet (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps the overrated fodder

Avatar image for kinglouie
#107 Posted by KingLouie (3389 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan said:
@firestormfate1919 said:

Manhatten definitely wins this.

Full IG Thanos and Manhattan have pretty similar powersets, though obviously Manhattan can't match the scale of something like the Snap. But that doesn't really matter, because Manhattan has the massive advantage of not being corporeal. There's nothing for Thanos to harm or transmute, he can never drop Manhatten. Meanwhile, Manhatten can kill Thanos with a look or a gesture, and completely enough that Thanos can't heal via the Gauntlet.

Online
Avatar image for rem
#108 Posted by rem (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos won’t snap automatically. Manhatten stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c10ab06c3741
#109 Posted by deactivated-5c10ab06c3741 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhattan is immortal. Can't be killed, if he manages to remove the gauntlet off Thanos like Spider Man almost did..then Thanos gets atomized and destroyed.

Manhattan could atomize the Gauntlet itself then Thanos has no chance. Without the IG, Thanos isn't on Manhattan level in live action. Manhattan can go intangible, teleport, etc. What can Thanos do without the IG?

Avatar image for biswaboxz
#110 Edited by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

@biswaboxz said:

I am tempting to see how Manhattan could survive the experience of not being on that particular reality anymore ? I agree IG Thanos cannot disintergrate him cause's he has no physical form or whatever but he certainly has an influence for his existence in that particular reality . Thanos just vanishes him out of existence with a snap , pure and simple .

And LOL for those people who think Thanos cannot heal via IG . He already survived stormbreaker , adamantium claws and there are more which i cannot recall with IG for either comic or movie version .

Still this.

Avatar image for hoo-li-fook
#111 Posted by Hoo-Li-Fook (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Discount blue man’s group dies

Avatar image for gentlemantophat
#112 Posted by GentlemanTopHat (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhattan is immortal. Can't be killed, if he manages to remove the gauntlet off Thanos like Spider Man almost did..then Thanos gets atomized and destroyed.

Manhattan could atomize the Gauntlet itself then Thanos has no chance. Without the IG, Thanos isn't on Manhattan level in live action. Manhattan can go intangible, teleport, etc. What can Thanos do without the IG?

Being immortal wont really help Manhattan if he's erased from existence if this is comic Thanos than Manhattan is not fast enough to get the gauntlet off Thanos he reacted to SS who is massively faster than light he's also way more powerful than the movie version as for Manhattan atomizing the Gauntlet is there any proof that he can atomize something on that level of power?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c10ab06c3741
#113 Posted by deactivated-5c10ab06c3741 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

@gentlemantophat: This isn't comic version so your argument gets thrown out. Scarlet witch nearly destroyed an infinity stone and she is severable tiers below Manhattan. Immortality means you cant die or be erased. Manhattan can reassemble himself.

Manhattan can atomize anything, its inherent power level is not a problem for him. Have you seen Watchmen? Thanos needs artifacts just to stand a chance in winning.

Manhattan >>>>> Thanos without IG

Avatar image for joviolma
#114 Posted by JOVIOLMA (6119 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way.

Online
Avatar image for tethadam
#115 Posted by tethadam (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos can reality warp. He can definitly kill Manhattan unless Manhattan is omnipotent.

Avatar image for panzerx
#116 Posted by PanzerX (479 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, but what has Manhattan done beside disintegrate a tank and a low street leveller?

Avatar image for subline
Avatar image for mister_surreal
#118 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10305 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dr. Manhattan wank is still going strong.

Online
Avatar image for allhellkingdox
#120 Posted by AllHellKingDox (263 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos gets destroyed. Lol these comments

Avatar image for essem
#121 Posted by Essem (287 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a megastomp in favor of Manhattan, has shown so much more versatility. cant die. Manhattan disintegrates then reassemble him as a purple baby raptor. Someone who bled from Ironman and got an axe into his chest and heavily wounded cannot hold a candle in this fight. Mismatch.

Avatar image for hulkbusterx9
#122 Posted by HulkBusterx9 (1407 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhattan is limited. The stones are infinite. Thanos wins.

Avatar image for daxnovu
#123 Posted by DaxNovu (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Myxlplyx was no match for Manhattan. The Infinity Gauntlet is no match for Myxlplyx.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#124 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7567 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

Avatar image for smoothsanta
#125 Posted by SmoothSanta (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

Avatar image for supermanthor
#126 Posted by Supermanthor (18992 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for huthimamwa
#127 Posted by huthimamwa (2427 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Thanos.

Online
Avatar image for xxdarknessxx
#128 Posted by XxDarknessxX (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos one shots and its not even close.

Avatar image for ecoblitz
#129 Posted by EcoBlitz (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos was basically defeated in the movie... once because all the guys teamed up on him, it was only because of poor teamwork that they didn't get him the first time. The second time, he snapped his gauntlet but I recall Thor was beating the shit out of him.

Dr. Manhattan is basically unkillable, immortal, godlike and he travels space in the blink of an eye.

Tell me 1 person the the watchmen universe apart from Dr.manhatten that can take on Ironman from his first movie one on one.

Online
Avatar image for ecoblitz
#130 Edited by EcoBlitz (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

@deactivated-5c10ab06c3741 said:

@gentlemantophat: This isn't comic version so your argument gets thrown out. Scarlet witch nearly destroyed an infinity stone and she is severable tiers below Manhattan. Immortality means you cant die or be erased. Manhattan can reassemble himself.

Manhattan can atomize anything, its inherent power level is not a problem for him. Have you seen Watchmen? Thanos needs artifacts just to stand a chance in winning.

Manhattan >>>>> Thanos without IG

Scarlett witch destroyed it because she had a special connection to the gem, aka a plot point, not because of how powerful she is. Her connection is what let her destroy it.

Immortality has different types. You cannot prove manhatten can come back from existence erasure, he could barely stop every nuke from soviet union. Thanos turns him into bubbles. Prove he can recover from that.

Online
Avatar image for ecoblitz
#131 Posted by EcoBlitz (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

@essem said:

This is a megastomp in favor of Manhattan, has shown so much more versatility. cant die. Manhattan disintegrates then reassemble him as a purple baby raptor. Someone who bled from Ironman and got an axe into his chest and heavily wounded cannot hold a candle in this fight. Mismatch.

Show me 1 versatility feat of manhatten that is above altering reality. I’ll wait.

He can die. Everyone in his verse apart from him are regular humans.

Lol. No one I’m watchmen verse bar manhatten himself can even take on Ironman from his first movie one on one.

Online
Avatar image for mister_surreal
#132 Posted by Mister_Surreal (10305 posts) - - Show Bio

@daxnovu: In the comics. Dr. Manhattan only has movie feats genius.

Online
Avatar image for heatforce
#133 Posted by Heatforce (6150 posts) - - Show Bio

The only real option Thanos has is the time stone since I don't known if Manhattan can reconstitute himself from unbirth. That stated, Manhattan can vaporize Thanos.

Avatar image for playerx-tr
#134 Posted by playerx-tr (612 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

Avatar image for gentlemantophat
#135 Posted by GentlemanTopHat (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

@ecoblitz said:
@deactivated-5c10ab06c3741 said:

@gentlemantophat: This isn't comic version so your argument gets thrown out. Scarlet witch nearly destroyed an infinity stone and she is severable tiers below Manhattan. Immortality means you cant die or be erased. Manhattan can reassemble himself.

Manhattan can atomize anything, its inherent power level is not a problem for him. Have you seen Watchmen? Thanos needs artifacts just to stand a chance in winning.

Manhattan >>>>> Thanos without IG

Scarlett witch destroyed it because she had a special connection to the gem, aka a plot point, not because of how powerful she is. Her connection is what let her destroy it.

Immortality has different types. You cannot price manhatten can come back from existence erasure, he could barely stop ever nuke from socurt union. Thanks turns him into bubbles. Prove he can recover from that.

Manhattan was never actually erased from existence just his body was destroyed there is no proof he can regen from soul destruction

Avatar image for carminedcmarvel
#136 Posted by CarmineDcMarvel (322 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're being real with each other, whoever attacks first wins. I believe that the full gauntlet gives Thanos the firepower to put down DM for good, unable to reconstruct his body. But, Manhattan could easily disintegrate Thanos. First one to snap wins!

Avatar image for sungsam
#138 Posted by Sungsam (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

Avatar image for rhistr
#139 Posted by rhistr (432 posts) - - Show Bio

By implication in the comics, currently, blue boi. But by actual, tangible feats, Thanos wins and it isn't close. The best Dr. M's done so far is trap Myx, which is big, but we don't know how or if Myx was depowered, or whatnot. Gonna wait for more feats from Doomsday Clock for a final judgement call, though.