Infinity THANOS with the Gauntlet vs Doctor MANHATTAN

Avatar image for crushyourenemies
CRUSHYOURENEMIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Infinity THANOS with the Gauntlet vs Doctor MANHATTAN (258 votes)

PURPLE 51%
BLUE 49%
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Thanos is full stacked on gems

Manhattan is full stacked on his abilities

purple vs blue

to the deathhhhh

• 
socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1 socajunkie  Moderator

Been done at least twice already.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Purple.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic Manhattan or movie?

CryoModeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanos

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manhatten definitely wins this.

Full IG Thanos and Manhattan have pretty similar powersets, though obviously Manhattan can't match the scale of something like the Snap. But that doesn't really matter, because Manhattan has the massive advantage of not being corporeal. There's nothing for Thanos to harm or transmute, he can never drop Manhatten. Meanwhile, Manhatten can kill Thanos with a look or a gesture, and completely enough that Thanos can't heal via the Gauntlet.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: he sure can, Thanos can time gem him back to a human sperm and egg.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manhattan moves his atoms and makes him into a bloody puddle

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: From what i've heard on CV, Thanos turned an energy blast to bubbles, so that means he can do the same to the Doc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Nah he turned into a sperm and egg.

The guy can't even stop two nukes at once apparently. And even if he could, it was a big issue to him.

Thanos snaps nukes into bubbles, all nukes in the world.

Dr. Manhattan gets turned into a human and then sperm and egg.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos can turn Manhattan into atoms but dude can reconstruct himself from elementary particles. That's the first thing he learnt.

Manhattan on the other hand can do the same thing permanently. Turn Thanos into dust. The gauntlet doesn't make Thanos invincible. He can still be killed. Someone like Manhattan could disintegrate him it with just a thought.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@slimj87d said:

@ready_4_madness: Nah he turned into a sperm and egg.

The guy can't even stop two nukes at once apparently. And even if he could, it was a big issue to him.

Nah you're mangling the context. IIRC he could stop 99% of all nukes before they landed but the 1% that would get through would be enough to wipe out all of humanity.

Early_Cuyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know enough about Manhattan. Has he ever been defeated and how?

IG Thanos has been stopped before and he will be stopped in A4, so it's not like he is unbeatable.

Avatar image for thetopcontender
TheTopContender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird thing is the IG doesn't seem to enhance his durability.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know enough about Manhattan. Has he ever been defeated and how?

IG Thanos has been stopped before and he will be stopped in A4, so it's not like he is unbeatable.

1. No, because Watchmen is a self-contained mini-series and Manhattan is literally the only person in the entire world with actual powers there.

2. IG Thanos, in comics, only lost because he chose to lose. He subconsciously restrained himself and provided the means for the Heroes to overcome him. And this has been pointed out by multiple characters, including both Warlock and Vision. Heck when Cap America started to speechify about how the good guys won because of all their hard work and effort, Vision shot those remarks right down and explained that Thanos was effectively omniscient and omnipotent. Meaning that none of their actions were beyond his notice and that he could've blinked them out of existence at any time. If Thanos didn't want to lose, he wouldn't have lost. Period.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone who survived a atomic level disintegrating wins.

No Caption Provided

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Blue

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos with the full infinity gauntlet destroyed half the life in the universe. Manhattan couldn't even destroy all nukes on earth. It's pretty obvious who wins. And yes, Thanos can harm Manhattan with either the time stone or the reality stone.

Eobard21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Zepta_Pon

The guy who have "seen events so tiny and so fast that they hardly can be said to have occurred at all" will make Thanos disappear much faster than dceu jl superman speed blitz statue Neck Snap™.

And besides, he only needs to destroy one target in this fight.

TheHierarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheHierarchy

Thanos has the full IG.

Snap

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos snaps. Or Manhattan snaps. I guess this goes to the one who snaps faster.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By brucerogers

Thanos snaps him out of existence. He was something of a glass cannon, but he is a much better fighter than the Doc, with the ruthlessness and warrior instincts to match. I am betting he will be the first one to the draw.

Let's see him coming back from that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when Dr. Manhatton was the most overhyped feat on CV people used to ask for his tank busting feat. Here it is people. The feat that made people pit him against TOAA

No Caption Provided

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killbilly: Okay, so still not strong enough to fight Thanos.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its a stalemate if both use matter manipulation.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FFbcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

feats against pathetic street levelers mean nothing here

Thanos rewinds time and splats him as a human or just changes the laws of math and reality and erases his spirit from existence

@rr79 said:

Thanos with the full infinity gauntlet destroyed half the life in the universe. Manhattan couldn't even destroy all nukes on earth. It's pretty obvious who wins. And yes, Thanos can harm Manhattan with either the time stone or the reality stone.

not to mention Manhattan got played by Ozy, couldn't stop his wifes cancer, got KO'ed by Ozymandias Tachyon machine

Zepta_Pon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of that don't really mean anything in this fight because Manhattan only needs to destroy one target. He just think and Thanos goes bye bye. No artifacts needed.

Even if they both use matter manipulation at the same time, Manhattan can still go back to his original form, and Thanos can't do that without the gauntlet. What if Manhattan turns Thanos into mud or water, the gauntlet falls off Thanos arm and the fight is over.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I want to go with blue but I can be swayed

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffbcoat said:

feats against pathetic street levelers mean nothing here

Thanos rewinds time and splats him as a human or just changes the laws of math and reality and erases his spirit from existence

@rr79 said:

not to mention Manhattan got played by Ozy, couldn't stop his wifes cancer, got KO'ed by Ozymandias Tachyon machine

What does getting tricked by Oz ( Someone he knew and trusted) have to do with a straight up fight.

What does the inability to stop Cancer have to do with a fight?

Koe'd? he was up minutes if not seconds later.

Tell me what stops Manhattan from just blowing Thanos Up? In character at the very least Thanos couldn't use his normal uses of the infinity gauntlet because on a being like Manhattan he'd just fix it. So in character on a quick draw I'd say Manhattan wins

FFbcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FFbcoat

@stormshadow_x said:

Tell me what stops Manhattan from just blowing Thanos Up?

With 14 thousand posts you should know better

Welcome to comicvine battles

on battles debates we go by 'FEATS' not speculation, random imaginations, hypothesis and guessings

We go by factual comic feats, these feats of power, strength, reality warping etc happen in cartoons and we refer to clips, scenes and episodes, these feats happen in comic books and here we refer to the Exact comicbook in particular and the issue number, these feats also happen in movies and in battles forums we say which movie in question this happens

Thanos

personally i do not use the term 'Base Thanos' but a number of movie goers and fans are using it in battles, they say at the start of Infinity War Thanos was not using an active glowing gem and under his own power, was able to tank almost no sell an attack from an enraged Hulk, dodge and counter punch all his attacks then in ten seconds beat down Hulk so bad he is gone for the rest of the movie. This is both a feat of durability, speed and strength for Thanos

Hulk btw is fast enough to bullrush a guy who catches rokcets and dodges bullets, Hulk strong enough to one shot a Chitauri Leviathan serpent who tear through entire skyscraper buildings like they are wet paper, he is durable enough to take shots from Abominaton and from an enraged Thor etc

Manhattan

Dr Manhattan does not show the range or versatility he had in comics, also people are trying to give him speculation feats for example Manhattan has no telepathy feats or resistance feats against any telepathy while Thanos was fighting Mantis a woman who can put a Celestial to sleep, Thanos at Base they say can ragdoll someone as powerful and druable and fast as Hulk, a punch from Hulk is fast and strong enough to create shockwaves, turn ultron bots to dust, make localized quakes etc

Manhattan, Does not have any of these feats, he splatted a few street levelers, vaporized tanks and killed lots of Vietcong slowly turning the tide of a war but that is the sum of it, he himself admitted he has limitations and can not stop the Russian Soviet missiles

comicbook Manhattan had limitations, the original Alan Moore story was going to use characters like Captain Atom, Batman etc but DC thought it to dark and made his own characters to sell

Dr Manhattan also for example

His best feat of blast output is vs an old tank, Thanos is possibly far more durable, his Glove also took a hit from Thor's new uber super weapon called Stormbreaker which seems to have Star output built inside the heart of a new Neutron Star, if Thanos starts with the Glove all he has to do is say stop, or think transmute or die or freeze and its over, he can warp reality, time-stop, change the laws of physics

He can even kill some person from lightyears away with the snap of his fingers, wipe out a Universe

just like the comic

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffbcoat: I was gonna read until you said factual comic feats concerning movie characters, . Are you saying Dr Manhattan can't blow him up? Dr'manhattans power isn't dependent on durability ( Clearly you don't know this bringing up the tank "feat"

Your entire argument has nothing to do with Thanos being "blown Up" You're treating it as if Dr manhattan is a Superman/Thor like character that depends on brawling and physicals. You bring up comics alot when talking about movie versions of character. Did you not read the OP or...? Do you not know anything about the character you're arguing against? Manhattan is a moleculule manipulator, so even movie Manhattan could possibly very well blow up someone like comic Superman. Now I ask again why won't Manhattan just blow up Thanos by exploding his Molecules and instead of going on a long pointless post that didn't add anything give me a real reason.

FFbcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FFbcoat

@stormshadow_x said:

Did you not read the OP or...? Do you not know anything about the character you're arguing against? Manhattan is a moleculule manipulator.

.. ZZZZZ

btw also a molecular manipulator

Silver Surfer

Piper Halliwell soap opera tv Charmed

Firestorm

Jean Grey

Stardust cartoon herald,

Hex and Kevin Ben 10

Ego GotG

Apocalypse etc etc

@stormshadow_x said:

so even movie Manhattan could POSSIBLY very well blow up someone like comic Superman.

What the fu--ck is wrong with your brain? Why do you say possibly? Are you either trying to claim his molecular power is uber magnificent or are you some kind of dumbass DC fanboy who for some religious fanatically reason can not admit Superman could die!?

Listen to me carefully, I have no fanaticism for either company FU-CK both Marvel and DC, i perfer smaller independent comicbooks if I like a story I enjoy it, if not I move on

I have no fanboy loyalism to any stupid company or movie

Manhattan's best molecular blast feat is vs a small tank, Marvel characters can soak hits from creates and villains that aerosolize buildings, turn creatures into dust etc You have to prove Manhattan's feats which btw he does not have

Manhattans best feat is vs a single military Tank, MCU Thanos and comicbook Superman have soaked far worse hits. This is not a debate about comicbook Superman vs Thanos, comicbook Superman has speed feats which can blitz the hell out of MCU characters

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By stormshadow_x

@ffbcoat: Lol have a nice day man, hope you stick around long enough. ( Work on your reading skills while you're at it)

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ffbcoat: you should read the rules before you post here.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

@ready_4_madness: he sure can, Thanos can time gem him back to a human sperm and egg.

but can he do that to multiple manhattans at one time?

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos can turn Manhattan into atoms but dude can reconstruct himself from elementary particles. That's the first thing he learnt.

Manhattan on the other hand can do the same thing permanently. Turn Thanos into dust. The gauntlet doesn't make Thanos invincible. He can still be killed. Someone like Manhattan could disintegrate him it with just a thought.

^^^ exactly this. he'd just send thanos to oblivion.

Loading Video...

The OP did not state that this was just movie Manhattan. In the comic, he could create life. In the movie he said he is not omniscient, meaning all-knowing, but I had no idea that Thanos was omniscient. Taken literally, this means that he knows what everyone is thinking like the Abrahamic god. Is this what Thanos can do?

And is Thanos truly omnipotent? As in just think someone dead or into oblivion or have the ability to create life? I don't think Manhattan is truly omnipotent like the Abrahamic god, but I didn't think Thanos was, either.

FFbcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FFbcoat

Would Watchmen universe also think the Vision, Silver Surfer and Apocalypse having the power of a 'God'?

"All Ronan has to do is touch the stone to the planet's surface and zap, all plants, animals, Nova Corps...""Everything will die."

"There are relics that pre-date the universe itself. An ancient force of infinite destruction."―Odin. The power of the stones are so great that even a full powered, fully protected Asgard deems it unwise to house two stones in one place. Thor describes the Infinity Stones as the greatest power in the universe, and "unparalleled" in their destructive capabilities. Even a tremendously powerful cosmic being like Dormammu is defeated stalemated by a single Infinity Stone.

@redheathen said:
@slimj87d said:

Christopher Reeve Superman could also be in multiple places at one time

Thanos can reverse time turning him into Dr. Jonathan Osterman leaving him mortal and powerless or attack someone's soul or rewrites the laws of physics, he has the time stone, the reality stone, the space stone, the power stone, the infinity soul stone leaving Manhattan out gunned

Like I said Manhattan has shown feats vs things like crooks, Tanks, Vietcong soliders, he never fought anyone near as durable or versatile as say Superman or Thor. So it is impossible to say how powerful is attack is, vs a human Manhattan can atomize them but Thor/Superman etc have faced far more dangerous opponents

Manhattan does not work so well in battle forums because all his feats are speculation, street levelers think he's a 'God' because everyone is street level in Watchmen verse they don't even have anyone on the levels of Superman or Thor

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By redheathen

@ffbcoat said:

Would Watchmen universe also think the Vision, Silver Surfer and Apoclaypse having the power of a 'God'?

@redheathen said:
@slimj87d said:

Christopher Reeve Superman could also be in multiple places at one time

Thanos can reverse time turning him into or attack someone's soul or rewrites the laws of physics, he has the time stone, the reality stone, the space stone, the power stone, the infinity soul stone leaving Manhattan out gunned

Like I said Manhattan has shown feats vs things like crooks, Tanks, Vietcong soliders, he never fought anyone near as durable or versatile as say Superman or Thor. So it is impossible to say how powerful is attack is, vs a human Manhattan can atomize them but Thor/Superman etc have faced far more dangerous opponents

Manhattan does not work so well in battle forums because all his feats are speculation, street levelers think he's a 'God' because everyone is street level in Watchmen verse they don't even have anyone on the levels of Superman or Thor

It's not a matter of being in multiple places at one time. Manhattan can exist simultaneously as multiple bodies, each as real as another. Multiples upon multiples by at least the hundreds. I don't know if there is a limit to the number of Manhattans that can exist at once. Superman cannot do that.

It doesn't matter if there are other heroes in that universe or not. We can understand how to scale Manhattan based on what we know he can do. I'm not really sure what it matters whether or not other people have true superpowers or not. ???

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By RR79

@stormshadow_x: Going by feats, Thanos has never had to go up against someone with that power. However, he does have the full infinity gauntlet, one of which is the reality stone which allows him to rewrite reality how he wants it. It isn't a stretch to say that Manhattan would not be able to "blow someone up" that can literally rewrite reality. And again, destroying half the life in the universe(because that is what he wanted, not because he was limited to that) is so far above not being able to destroy all the nukes on a single planet it isn't even funny. Again, it's obvious Thanos wins. And again, he could simply use the Time stone to take Manhattan to before he became Manhattan. Or he could use the Reality stone to make Manhattan nothing more than a normal person. Or he could just snap and destroy Manhattan completely.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:

@stormshadow_x: Going by feats, Thanos has never had to go up against someone with that power. However, he does have the full infinity gauntlet, one of which is the reality stone which allows him to rewrite reality how he wants it. It isn't a stretch to say that Manhattan would not be able to "blow someone up" that can literally rewrite reality. And again, destroying half the life in the universe(because that is what he wanted, not because he was limited to that) is so far above not being able to destroy all the nukes on a single planet it isn't even funny. Again, it's obvious Thanos wins. And again, he could simply use the Time stone to take Manhattan to before he became Manhattan. Or he could use the Reality stone to make Manhattan nothing more than a normal person. Or he could just snap and destroy Manhattan completely.

See I understand the other arguments but what does rewriting realities has to do with being blown up? The infinity gauntlet won't put him back together itself. Lets say We have MCU Thanos with the gauntlet but then comic thanos punches him through his chest.... Despite all that power he can still be physically hurt by something he's not ready for. Why would he even consider the fact that Manhattan could just "blow" him up. He wouldn't without knowledge.

Ok Thanos can wipe out half the universe thats impressive, but people seem to fail to realize as impressive as that is he'd still probably get wrecked by a character like comic Wally West or Silver Surfer both characters who lack that capability.

Every other ability you suggested thanos to do ( such as turning him back to his previous self) Thanos would not do at the start of a fight whereas Manhattan would especially consider he himself can see the future unless something is interfering. He can see every possible way Thanos could beat him and instead of letting it happen he simply blows him up which as I've said Thanos has no defense against.

The issue I'm seeing with Thanos Defenders is they equate his mass power with Durability or the effects of other forms of hax. Thanos can wipe out half a universe is cool but they're are plenty of fictional characters who can't do anything of that calibur and could still beat him. Professor X could mind rape MCU Thanos instantly could he not and last I checked he couldn't do half of what the infinity stones could.

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rr79 said:

See I understand the other arguments but what does rewriting realities has to do with being blown up? The infinity gauntlet won't put him back together itself. Lets say We have MCU Thanos with the gauntlet but then comic thanos punches him through his chest.... Despite all that power he can still be physically hurt by something he's not ready for. Why would he even consider the fact that Manhattan could just "blow" him up. He wouldn't without knowledge.

Ok Thanos can wipe out half the universe thats impressive, but people seem to fail to realize as impressive as that is he'd still probably get wrecked by a character like comic Wally West or Silver Surfer both characters who lack that capability.

Every other ability you suggested thanos to do ( such as turning him back to his previous self) Thanos would not do at the start of a fight whereas Manhattan would especially consider he himself can see the future unless something is interfering. He can see every possible way Thanos could beat him and instead of letting it happen he simply blows him up which as I've said Thanos has no defense against.

The issue I'm seeing with Thanos Defenders is they equate his mass power with Durability or the effects of other forms of hax. Thanos can wipe out half a universe is cool but they're are plenty of fictional characters who can't do anything of that calibur and could still beat him. Professor X could mind rape MCU Thanos instantly could he not and last I checked he couldn't do half of what the infinity stones could.

Wow you're wanking so much lmao. Thanos can do the same with the time gem. He just doesn't do it but it's possible since Doctor Strange did it. Manhattan never shown the feat of not being turned into bubbles. I think my grammar slipped there but idc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the time stone can let thanos see the possible outcomes but thats if there is any

i never understood dr manhattan

i forgot who but in one scene he knew people would die but he didnt stop whoever killed them.

meh idc anymore just a bunch of mumbo jumbo lol

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RR79

@stormshadow_x said:
@rr79 said:

He can be physically hurt by something he is not ready for, as in the case of Thor hurting him with Stormbreaker. However, even then he was able to use the time stone to turn back time. Personally, I don't see him going into the fight without a plan, this is Thanos after all. Even without knowledge he is not an idiot. One could argue that the soul stone could give him some knowledge as he said he was "cursed with knowledge" when he got the Soul Stone. He could very easily go into a fight with an unknown foe using the reality stone first, like he did with Gamora, to make them see what he wants them to see as a way of testing out their abilities.

I am not one of those people. There are many character in comics that could beat MCU Thanos with the infinity gauntlet. But it's still way more impressive than not even being able to destroy all the nukes on a single planet. As such, his power is far above Manhattan's.

Except, as already mentioned, it isn't out of character for Thanos to start the fight using the reality stone. There are also limits to what Manhattan can see into the future. Remember, Dr Strange looked at millions of possible futures to find the one way they could win, they lost every other way. And even that way they lost the battle, may win the war in the end though.

Most people put his durability high mainly because of his fight with Hulk at the beginning of the movie. The same Hulk that casually kicked Thor and sent him flying hundreds of meters away hard enough to crash through the reinforced wall of a gladiator arena built to hold super strong contenders. He treated Hulk like he was nothing, beating him so bad, in a few seconds, that Hulk was afraid to come out for the rest of the movie. And hulks hits did nothing to him. Then you have Star Lord placing a bomb on him that did nothing more than knock him to his knees, Iron Man using every single thing he can and still only bringing a single drop of blood....etc. So yeah, he has high durability because of his feats, not because of his mass. And yes 616 Xavier could probably TP MCU Thanos. However, he is resistant to that as even Mantis was having trouble with it and she held a Celestial for a time with her abilities. Obviously there are characters that can beat him, he isn't completely invincible, even comic Thanos isn't completely invincible even with the Infinity Gauntlet, but he is very high up there. And as mentioned before, he is extremely intelligent and a planner, he isn't going into a fight with someone he knows nothing about without a plan. And again, it could be argued that the soul stone would give him some knowledge anyway(probably only basic knowledge but still).